Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline (22653 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / How To Discipline Your Child The Smart And Healthy Way-UNICEF / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:31pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:

You still dey ask? No be you create topic?

Don't you see how bad modern marriages/women are? I will rather be single for life and enjoy my wealth alone, than to carry one liability in the name of love.

So u no wan get pikin?
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by TemmyT002(m): 7:32pm On Mar 15
thesicilian:

Like everything else, the bad eggs tend to be more visible than the good ones. There's a whole lot of happy, disciplined, committed married couples out there.

I LOVE THIS!!!
kiss

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Bimpe29: 7:34pm On Mar 15
The marriage institution is now being desecrated like never before. It's now full of infidelity, disrespect, lack of empathy and love.

However, the secret of a disciplined, loving and modest marriage is unconditional sincerity, respect and endurance. In my marital landscape, it has been over 15 years and still counting of faithfulness, responsibility, tolerance and respect for the solemn relationship we share.
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by TemmyT002(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:
I've said this before and I will say it again.

Na MUMU dey marry.

undecided

No be your fault.
Na because your parents no marry each other.
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 7:43pm On Mar 15
3kay945:

I understand how you feel bro..
The attitude that gender displays sometimes are very annoying.
one just have to enjoy his life and do things that will not jeopardise the children's future too.
Cos the kind of woman you married may determine how long you live and successful you become.
I see married as Business, just what you want out of it.
If someone seek sex and children, then they may not need to be married cos those can be sought elsewhere.
But for love and companionship and raising family, then hook a like mind.
Smartphone is like a curse to this generation!
Smartphone don tey ... Na internet and social media
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 7:48pm On Mar 15
adolfHitler1934:
I see that you are yet to grow up, when you do, your perspective will change. You will be more mature and reasonable.

Lol... dey play.

Your gender go see weennn in the coming 5 years.

A lot of eligible bachelors are checking out. Ask your colleagues in the US, UK or Canada how far their husband hustle.

Just give it 5 years and you will feel the heat here too.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 7:49pm On Mar 15
MyVILLAGEpeople:

So u no wan get pikin?

Na marriage dey give pikin? Abi what is the correlation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 7:52pm On Mar 15
Anunakeeh:

grin grin grin

True 90% of Nigerian men na Mumu.

True, big mumus, na why half of them dey raise another man pikin without knowing.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by thesicilian: 7:57pm On Mar 15
BlackyOne:

They are fewer truly happy married men, and more happy single men with baby mamas and premium knacks.

And if we're being truly logical, modern marriages are of no benefit to a man...
Lol.
Funny but true
In modern marriages the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages for the man. But it's not useless still. Depends on our goals and missions in life
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:01pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:

Na marriage dey give pikin? Abi what is the correlation

Ok so u wan get baby mama ?

It's nothing bad though. These days women dey fear me sef
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by WatchYourSix: 8:04pm On Mar 15
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! God has nothing to do with it. The reason you and your wife supposedly keep to yourselves in marriage has more to do with self-discipline and self-control than anything else. Open your eyes to see how this same formula you think makes your marriage does not magically work at all with every other person out there who claims to be god-fearing or married to a god-fearing partner. Tell people the truth so they understand there are no formulas to these things but simply self-discipline and self-control. undecided

Sigh....U don't even know this person and u tag him as deceitful....how do u know obedience to Gods commandment has not helped him maintain disciplined in his marriage...??

How do u even do this?? Calling pple u don't know liars...Do u just go about assuming no one is obeying or even trying their best to obey Gods commandments except you?
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by HenryTimes: 8:12pm On Mar 15
Kobojunkie:
Denial? Really? shocked shocked

grin grin
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Ok so u wan get baby mama ?

It's nothing bad though. These days women dey fear me sef

Yeah, na baby mama sure pass, but she would stay far away from me, only when I need to see my kids that we meet.
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Anunakeeh: 8:20pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:

True, big mumus, na why half of them dey raise another man pikin without knowing.

Lol absolutely YES!!!

You forgot to add that they are the sole reason why the country is so extremely backwards.

All they know is Money, Pvssy, And Oppressing the Gullibles and Poors.

Stupid and Foolish People.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:23pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:

Yeah, na baby mama sure pass, but she would stay far away from me, only when I need to see my kids that we meet.

Remember she will get married also and carry the kids to another man house

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Mar 15
WatchYourSix:
■ Sigh....U don't even know this person and u tag him as deceitful....
■ how do u know obedience to Gods commandment has not helped him maintain disciplined in his marriage...??
■ How do u even do this?? Calling pple u don't know liars...Do u just go about assuming no one is obeying or even trying their best to obey Gods commandments except you?
I never said he was being deceitful. Rather, I pointed out that he was mistaken. undecided

2. obedience to the same God who said your marriages are of this world and not of His Kingdom of God? Come on!! Even those who don't believe in any god out there can discipline themselves enough to have successful marriages, so don't you think it is a tad ridiculous to pretend the longevity of your marriages is all thanks to your god while theirs somehow isn't? Couple that with the fact that many within your religious circles who started off reasoning as you do had to abandon that ridiculously along the way when reality hit them like a ton of bricks. Yes, the divorce rate among the religious is no where better than that observed among those who don't even subscribe to the idea of a deity. That should be more than enough of a life, but, alas, you can't seem to see what is right before you, can you? undecided

3. I can because, unlike you, I can reason beyond the walls that is a religion which many stuff themselves within. There is no god-commandment keeping your libido in check in your marriages. There is self-discipline and that is it. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by 3kay945(m): 8:24pm On Mar 15
akaahs:

The only thing is sexual discipline.
During my single days, i have sex with about 15 girls before married. After marriage i told myself, no flirting, no side chicks and to the glory of God, 4 years now i have never have the thought of cheating to my wife.

Four years still small now.. lol
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Anunakeeh: 8:24pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:

Opt for Surrogacy for your absolute peace of mind.

It is the Best.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Mar 15
Bobbynobobby:
■ Please don't get it wrong. The message is that if you find a (woman good enough to be made) wife, you have found a good thing. A subliminal message in there is that not every woman can be wifed.
You are still contradicting yourself. You wifed her therefore you found a good thing. That is what you keep saying even as you continue to insist there are wrong marriages. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by 3kay945(m): 8:27pm On Mar 15
Fearurcreeator:

Smartphone don tey ... Na internet and social media

Na smartphones, Internet came before smartphones, and there was social media too.
Smartphones open ways for all kinds of dirty stuff to be propagated
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Anunakeeh: 8:27pm On Mar 15
MyVILLAGEpeople:

grin grin grin

Thank you Jere.

Lol na why i advise him to opt for Surrogacy.

A lot of men still have a lot to learn when it comes to the Female Gender.

A lot of men don't know what the Female Gender are. Believe me.

The only time and moment you will enjoy the best and pure feelings from them is when they are very young and innocent.

But once they are grown up and their eyes opened by the other gender and they get messed up.

The rest they say is History.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by ednut1(m): 8:30pm On Mar 15
pocohantas:

Suddenly they remember marriage is no more beneficial to them. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Anunakeeh: 8:32pm On Mar 15
[quote author=ednut1 post=128949646][/quote]

I get your recent moves.

I don't like most Nigerian men eithergrin

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Anunakeeh: 8:35pm On Mar 15
Bimpe29:
The marriage institution is now being desecrated like never before. It's now full of infidelity, disrespect, lack of empathy and love.

Thank you Bimpe for having the courage to say the Truth. Your types are really scarce nowadays.

Some people are still being delusional by telling Lies to themselves thinking they are deceiving other people.

What we have everywhere now is deception, lies and all form of vices.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 8:40pm On Mar 15
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Fair point. I really have to think that through.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 8:41pm On Mar 15
Anunakeeh:

Opt for Surrogacy for your absolute peace of mind.

It is the Best.

Yeah, this is another fantastic idea.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 8:44pm On Mar 15
Anunakeeh:

grin grin grin

Thank you Jere.

Lol na why i advise him to opt for Surrogacy.

A lot of men still have a lot to learn when it comes to the Female Gender.

A lot of men don't know what the Female Gender are. Believe me.

The only time and moment you will enjoy the best and pure feelings from them is when they are very young and innocent.

But once they are grown up and their eyes opened by the other gender and they get messed up.

The rest they say is History.

This is a red-pill truth.

Most women become damaged goods as the age.

I stay clear of women my age/older.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by oyigocho(m): 8:45pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:
I have been observing my married friends, colleagues & even neighbors around and I noticed deep down their marriages were all lacking discipline, they cheat on each other, lie, they pretend and most of them are so miserable.

Funny thing is two of my friends are not even up to 3yrs in marriage and they are so tired. Yesterday I met an old classmate of mine and he told me the girl I saw him with wasn't his wife, just for knacks, that he's been married for 1yr and 9months but he's tired of his marriage. It made me scared because here i am thinking of finding a wife and people in it are wanting out.

So I'm asking, what could be the problem with staying married these days?

People who have been married for 10+ years what is your secret? I'm curious to learn a thing or two

The institution of marriage is not the problem but the individuals going into it. Where most couples gets it wrong is in the days the foundation of the union is been laid that is when they are dating. Most intending couples do not see the need to be faithful to their relationship. They cheat, lie, and are not so committed to the relationship and expect if the relationship ends in marriage that a miracle should ensued. As you lay your bed, that is how you will lay on it.

We are living in an age where anything goes but be smart enough not to be caught. We kind of neglect God's directive for a blissful marrital union but still expect that we should have a blissful marriage. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Guy, in as much as many marriages are hitting the rock, lay your marrital relationship on a right foundation and you will be happy in marriage. I will not fail to say that you reap what you sow. Marriage is garbage in garbage out. Find the right partner and work on your relationship and you will have no regret going into marriage.
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by zagorakis(m): 8:46pm On Mar 15
Most women have turned feminists, they all now want to lead men, however me and you know that feminism is a pseudonym for mental illness.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 8:48pm On Mar 15
thesicilian:

You can never truly trust anyone
I can't even trust myself not to behave in certain ways sometimes
Very funny but true
God help us o

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 8:50pm On Mar 15
being:
Solution is go and learn from the very elderly ones around u who have a good marriage. Goan learn their discipline, commitment to each other, respect for each other, forbearance for each other & allowance for each other.
These qualities aren't easy to get in these times and economy o
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 8:52pm On Mar 15
BarrElChapo:

My take is the way you make your bed you lie on it. Forget about others and make yours work ?
What principles do you practice that will make you a better father, husband if you were to be married ?
There are lots of healthy marriages out there but like someone said above, they’re not publicised cos those in it don’t need to.
But you know the marriage wouldn't be down to me alone for it to work. That's what am trying to figure out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Girl In Kaduna: Walida Found In Kano / What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? / It is a Confession Hour , I'm Sleeping With My Pastor's Wife .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.