Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline (22666 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / How To Discipline Your Child The Smart And Healthy Way-UNICEF / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Obidiugwu: 5:50pm On Mar 15
Mine has been grace of God and personal discipline over 3 years now,I have not cheated ever since I married my wife despite the fact that 95% of my customers are women neither has she..When you start marriage with high expectations and false foundation,it became a problem although is not a bed of roses,it has it own challenges in the end God above everything..It comes with it's own blessings believe me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by darediamond(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15
advanceDNA:

Lol grin grin grin ....u can't cook stew with sand, stones & water and get fine egusi with stock fish at the end... The problem is garbage in garbage out ...

D people getting married now are d highly corrupt, crazy, generation, i.e millennials & GenZ.....the two generation that the internet & media hijacked their parenting from their real parent.....

Una never see anything....just wait for the offsprings of GenZ to take over the marriage institution..... grin grin grin

Oomoo!!

You Are Mr Lavrov Of Russia!!

See Summary Of Social Disorder In Marital Sphere!!
https://youtube.com/shorts/bejVDH1KFA4?si=OoUVqMbrUOBJAles
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by yewit37486: 5:50pm On Mar 15
thesicilian:

Have you told your parents this

So they can start prayer and fasting for him on time, coupled with periodic family meetings cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by millstone(m): 5:51pm On Mar 15
Marriage now is not for the faint of heart. Wetin Tinubu dey put Naigerians through worse pass getting married in big 2024 now o

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lexy2014: 5:51pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Are you sure there are a lot? Because we don't hear their own stories, atleast to reassure people like myself who still find marriage attractive. TikTok, YouTube and co has reduced marriage to shambles. I don't believe it is because we breed weak men these days. We need couples with blissful marriages to speak up

why should any one reassure you about marriage?

if you can't reassure yourself, how will anybody's reassurance make any difference?

how are you seeing the world thru Tiktok, youtube and co. how then do you not expect to be confused?

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lexy2014: 5:53pm On Mar 15
advanceDNA:

Lol grin grin grin ....u can't cook stew with sand, stones & water and get fine egusi with stock fish at the end... The problem is garbage in garbage out ...

D people getting married now are d highly corrupt, crazy, generation, i.e millennials & GenZ.....the two generation that the internet & media hijacked their parenting from their real parent.....

Una never see anything....just wait for the offsprings of GenZ to take over the marriage institution..... grin grin grin

even the op is dependent on internet to define marriage for him and he is complaining
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Jahwinaboy(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15
Fearurcreeator:

Am 10 plus years already... Coming back to this world I won't marry ... Am just managing cus of the children ... Nothing else ... I don't see much a man gains from marriage ... Things normally man can't try with me out there madam go do am still dey stand say she right ... I already told her I will soon run away ... She though am joking ...
Never run bros. Look for a way to solve it. Not easy but relax. Most families are experiencing same

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by yemmit90: 5:57pm On Mar 15
Kobicove:

I agree with you, most TV shows these days glorify adultery especially those on Telemundo undecided

Lolz, especially those calling themselves "content creators".

What is trending now is "next door neighbours wives or girlfriends ". grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by akaahs(m): 5:57pm On Mar 15
TimiRume:
For me o, I think one of the reasons is having sex outside of the context of marriage. Once you start having sex before marriage, it relaxes your mental stamina for a longterm union. Sex is a spiritual, mental and physical exercise. Every time you have sex you leave little droplets of yourself here and there. Marriage because of its longevity requires your full mental strength and presence.

Also, I think sex is best when it's done in a confined or limited setting. People who don't engage in premarital sex will have a more fulfilling sex life in marriage. *Those who have no sexual discipline cannot experience sexual fulfiment in marriage* because illicit pleasures birth an unsatisfied appetite.

That's my opinion
The only thing is sexual discipline.
During my single days, i have sex with about 15 girls before married. After marriage i told myself, no flirting, no side chicks and to the glory of God, 4 years now i have never have the thought of cheating to my wife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fryx: 5:58pm On Mar 15

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by mrnweke103(m): 5:59pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:
I have been observing my married friends, colleagues & even neighbors around and I noticed deep down their marriages were all lacking discipline, they cheat on each other, lie, they pretend and most of them are so miserable.

Funny thing is two of my friends are not even up to 3yrs in marriage and they are so tired. Yesterday I met an old classmate of mine and he told me the girl I saw him with wasn't his wife, just for knacks, that he's been married for 1yr and 9months but he's tired of his marriage. It made me scared because here i am thinking of finding a wife and people in it are wanting out.

So I'm asking, what could be the problem with staying married these days?

People who have been married for 10+ years what is your secret? I'm curious to learn a thing or two
continue thinking until you get to 50 yre, everyone with they own problem, people's problems shouldn't scare you
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Lomprico2: 6:00pm On Mar 15
thesicilian:

Like everything else, the bad eggs tend to be more visible than the good ones. There's a whole lot of happy, disciplined, committed married couples out there.

They are few. 90% of my married friends (guys) cheat. Even the ones that claim decon. And I've seen some of their wives on dating apps.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 6:05pm On Mar 15
Fearurcreeator:

Bros ... Abeg if you are stable financially abeg dey enjoy you life go ... If one woman gets belle for you make she do DNA sure say na you get am... No live with am ooo... Woman wahala plenty ooo

Trust me, na my plan be this grin

No time for "I love you, you are the love of my heart" nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by winner37(m): 6:05pm On Mar 15
How would a man married a lady with no education no handwork and you expect the marriage to be going smoothly..
How would a man married a lady who doesn't maintain good personal hygiene and you expect the marriage to free from cheating..
How would a man married a lady rude and mannerless and you expect the marriage to be free for chaos...
How would a man married an ex- harlot lady who still have her ex friend's contacts and you expect the marriage to be free from lies and infidelity...
How would a man married a lazy and dumb head lady who can't prepare good tasty meal and you expect the marriage will last forever...

Marriage is not something you hurry in else you will hurry out ...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fryx: 6:05pm On Mar 15

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by adolfHitler1934: 6:09pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:
I've said this before and I will say it again.

Na MUMU dey marry.

undecided
I see that you are yet to grow up, when you do, your perspective will change. You will be more mature and reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by aestake: 6:09pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

I come from a broken home, nothing inspiring about it. So I look to others for inspiration
That thing is stressful. You are miserable she is miserable.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by aestake: 6:10pm On Mar 15
adolfHitler1934:
I see that you are yet to grow up, when you do, your perspective will change. You will be more mature and reasonable.

Nothing ..it is punishment all through.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by 3kay945(m): 6:11pm On Mar 15
Fearurcreeator:

Am 10 plus years already... Coming back to this world I won't marry ... Am just managing cus of the children ... Nothing else ... I don't see much a man gains from marriage ... Things normally man can't try with me out there madam go do am still dey stand say she right ... I already told her I will soon run away ... She though am joking ...

I understand how you feel bro..
The attitude that gender displays sometimes are very annoying.
one just have to enjoy his life and do things that will not jeopardise the children's future too.
Cos the kind of woman you married may determine how long you live and successful you become.
I see married as Business, just what you want out of it.
If someone seek sex and children, then they may not need to be married cos those can be sought elsewhere.
But for love and companionship and raising family, then hook a like mind.
Smartphone is like a curse to this generation!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by adesoji2faith: 6:20pm On Mar 15
What could be your reason for such view?What could be your reason for such view?...
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by abiolamitodun(m): 6:29pm On Mar 15
richiemcgold:

Bro, pls make sure you don't marry a lady from another broken home like yours. Make sure you know more about your in-laws-to-be before delving into any marriage with their daughter. A lady from a loving home is more likely to take after her parents, while those from broken homes (especially those that were raised by their mothers) are more likely to experience broken homes too.
And u think the lady from a home that's not broken will want to be with a guy from a broken home....
Dey play...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Mar 15
abiolamitodun:
■ And u think the lady from a home that's not broken will want to be with a guy from a broken home.... Dey play...
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Anunakeeh: 6:39pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:
I've said this before and I will say it again.

Na MUMU dey marry.

undecided

grin grin grin

True 90% of Nigerian men na Mumu.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Anunakeeh: 6:53pm On Mar 15
thesicilian:

Have you told your parents this

grin grin grin

The thing enter you well well as a MuMu married mangrin

SORE LOSERS..

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Anunakeeh: 6:55pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:

Have you told yours? undecided undecided

Definitely he must have told themgrin

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Allwell96: 6:59pm On Mar 15
I and my wife are married for 15years now and we are enjoying it everyday. We simply listen and believe the word of God and it's working for us. If u do that and pray together, you'll not regret. That's why you have to take time to get a God fearing lady, you too have to be God fearing, everything will be alright.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Anunakeeh: 7:02pm On Mar 15
letonB:

Must you lie over a delicate matter as this? Humans did not impose marriage on themselves. Marriage was designed by God almighty to create a pathway for proper consummation of sex and procreation. When the tenets of marriage are hallowed, you find a well organized family. Those who chose to disregard God's perspective to marriage find themselves in the confusion you see around (which did not start with what you term "modern humans"wink. Those who claim not to have been created by God but that they came into existence through one "big bang theory" or evolution cock and bull story can never subject themselves to serve and obey the Owner of the universe - the One who was there when we all were not, the One will be here when we all are dead and gone. You could also reconsider your stance and believe in Him to escape the damnation of not doing so. Again, marriage is of God.

Ignoramusism at its peak.

It's very easy to spot MuMus when they post or talkgrin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Mar 15
Allwell96:
I and my wife are married for 15years now and we are enjoying it everyday. We simply listen and believe the word of God and it's working for us. If u do that and pray together, you'll not regret. That's why you have to take time to get a God fearing lady, you too have to be God fearing, everything will be alright.
Stop lying! God has nothing to do with it. The reason you and your wife supposedly keep to yourselves in marriage has more to do with self-discipline and self-control than anything else. Open your eyes to see how this same formula you think makes your marriage does not magically work at all with every other person out there who claims to be god-fearing or married to a god-fearing partner. Tell people the truth so they understand there are no formulas to these things but simply self-discipline and self-control. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by ifinger: 7:12pm On Mar 15
TimiRume:
For me o, I think one of the reasons is having sex outside of the context of marriage. Once you start having sex before marriage, it relaxes your mental stamina for a longterm union. Sex is a spiritual, mental and physical exercise. Every time you have sex you leave little droplets of yourself here and there. Marriage because of its longevity requires your full mental strength and presence.

With money come power with power comes women then sex if u don't find them they will find you

Also, I think sex is best when it's done in a confined or limited setting. People who don't engage in premarital sex will have a more fulfilling sex life in marriage. Those who have no sexual discipline cannot experience sexual fulfiment in marriage because illicit pleasures birth an unsatisfied appetite.

That's my opinion
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Bimpe29: 7:28pm On Mar 15
The marriage institution is now being desecrated like never before. It's now full of infidelity, disrespect, lack of empathy and love.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by advanceDNA: 7:28pm On Mar 15
adolfHitler1934:

....u pple and this marry thing....calling pple children and immature because of marriage....

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Bobbynobobby: 7:30pm On Mar 15
Kobojunkie:
They found for themselves wives and married said wives meaning they found what you claim are good things— the woman can only be a good thing after you have married her as a wife—, so what in the world do you mean by marrying for the wrong reasons when they found for themselves good things? Make una dey try openmindedly digest the sort of things wey una dey like to believe. How can the wives be the problem if the wives are good things? undecided

Please don't get it wrong. The message is that if you find a (woman good enough to be made) wife, you have found a good thing. A subliminal message in there is that not every woman can be wifed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? / Funny Questions Younger Children Ask: Share Yours. / Lockdown: What's Your Daily Routine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.