Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,960 members, 7,810,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State (44254 Views)

See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) / Onion I Bought For N30 and N50 Here In Portharcourt. / See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Duelee: 5:16pm On Mar 15
Onions is at its cheapest price now.

Presently I'm buying LinkedIn accounts.... WhatsApp 090..257.033=6=6
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by hazureal(f): 5:21pm On Mar 15
Those are not spring onions. They are regular onion sprouts.
Spring onions have slim and white bulbs/roots, the leaves store for longer and have distinct flavor/aroma.
A Mallam sold those onion sprouts to me last week for N200 and I was so happy. I then met another Mallam I usually buy salad ingredients from, on my way home.
I bought some more spring onions from him, telling him that I already bought, but I just needed a little more.
Immediately I showed him what I already bought, he burst out laughing and told me to go cook with the two and check the difference (he even added extra for me, out of pity 🤣).

5 Likes

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Newton1045: 5:22pm On Mar 15
In the south they kill themselves with greed. The milk themselves to be rich.

In the north, things affordable, but avoid the zone of those, that kill people to please their God.

North is the best place to stay aside religious fanaticism and hatred for odas born in to different religion,not of their own making.

4 Likes

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by mariovito(m): 5:24pm On Mar 15
Shinjawestern:

U wnt go rob the onions?

This came right on cue

1 Like

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Newton1045: 5:24pm On Mar 15
Hausa man is naturally a kind person. Not until religion came to Africa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Blazadenise(m): 5:25pm On Mar 15
JayTripz:
Omoooo

I come de find The spring for the onions

Abeg na only me de experience this very slow network....both MTN and Glo

Baba i left GLO network that i have over 10gb to sub for mtn 2days plan, just because my goo network has been extremely slow, only for me to find out that mtn is even terrible

4 Likes

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by id4sho(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15
Onionbandit , you are need here for explanation
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Roger3D(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15
Daninya33:
I just bought this spring onion from a farmer in a bush market here in Zaria,Kaduna State.

If you are familiar with Zaria,the market is known as,Kasuwan Amaru.

The spring onion is 25 in number and just few are small in size.
This is very expensive. I lived in Zaria for about 12 years and never bought anything like this for more than N100. You have Tinubu to thank for this

2 Likes

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by RALPHOW(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15
Lazy Nigerians
Onion that you can grow behind your house, inside a bag or small small containers.

2 Likes

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Mom007(f): 5:32pm On Mar 15
Zwooks:
Go and farm. Your own hand dey forbid work angry

LOUDER!!!
Don't mind Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Josbreed: 5:33pm On Mar 15
Raylight2:

What's the use of the leaves , why are they special? Why are they called "Spring"?
Google is your friend. Kai! E be like say the fruits and vegetables we dey see up here, na for only movies the Southerners dey see.

1 Like

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15
Which one is spring onions Any difference between this onion and the regular one

2 Likes

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by drugBaronTINUBU: 5:33pm On Mar 15
CodeTemplar:
Only onions, no soup ingredient?

Imagine Onion and Rice lol.
Onion stew
E sweet die😁😁
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Hawkler: 5:33pm On Mar 15
benuejosh:
Food is cheap up north.
Honestly everything
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by JooEeL(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15
Zwooks:
Go and farm. Your own hand dey forbid work angry

But if fulani herdsmen attack him, u no go come comment online.
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Zwooks: 5:37pm On Mar 15
JooEeL:

But if fulani herdsmen attack him, u no go come comment online.

I have been in the rurals since eight years. As i type, i am in my farm settlement. My apartment has no windows or doors. Make we heard word, lazy arses
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Entanglement: 5:39pm On Mar 15
hazureal:
Those are not spring onions. They are regular onion sprouts.
Spring onions have slim and white bulbs/roots, the leaves store for longer and have distinct flavor/aroma.
A Mallam sold those onion sprouts to me last week for N200 and I was so happy. I then met another Mallam I usually buy salad ingredients from, on my way home.
I bought some more spring onions from him, telling him that I already bought, but I just needed a little more.
Immediately I showed him what I already bought, he burst out laughing and told me to go cook with the two and check the difference (he even added extra for me, out of pity 🤣).
this one never go farm for her life undecided
That picture you dey show na baby spring onions

No wonder the mallam fit decieve you! He see say you mumu na

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Calylove: 5:40pm On Mar 15
It is not expensive. the farmers will eat too.
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Oyerinde16(m): 5:41pm On Mar 15
There is only SAMARU market in Zaria... I have never heard of kasuwa Amaru...

1 Like

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by gretop86: 5:44pm On Mar 15
This is onions. Not spring onions. Pls be guided

1 Like

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Quality20(m): 5:46pm On Mar 15
Shey u go buy rice n bush monkey meat join am
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by JayTripz(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15
Blazadenise:

Baba i left GLO network that i have over 10gb to sub for mtn 2days plan, just because my goo network has been extremely slow, only for me to find out that mtn is even terrible

Ahhh na wa

This thing de affect business seriously ooo

And nobody is saying anything

1 Like

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Raylight2(m): 5:53pm On Mar 15
SPACE TO LET
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Raylight2(m): 5:54pm On Mar 15
Josbreed:

Google is your friend. Kai! E be like say the fruits and vegetables we dey see up here, na for only movies the Southerners dey see.
be looking for my trouble there. Your spring onions wey don almost dry
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by CodeTemplar: 5:54pm On Mar 15
Neoteny:

I chose to show a new pair of shoes i got. Nondescript idiot online concludes I've no clothes to go with it.

tongue
like shoes and clothes are perishables? So daft.
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Uniqueaccountant(m): 5:57pm On Mar 15
ONIONS SOUP
CodeTemplar:
Only onions, no soup ingredient?

Imagine Onion and Rice lol.
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Adewale1603(m): 6:01pm On Mar 15
Depriest2020:

grin guy did you edit the write up in the cartoon or you had it since and was waiting for this kinda post?
this cartoon has been in circulation on social media for long nw, during the first time onions were very expensive then
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by casppyjay: 6:02pm On Mar 15
Nanorest:
Idiots wants the politicians to farm and distribute the food to them. As long as you don't play your own part, this country will always deal with you.

Imagine graduates will claim farming is for the illetrates but they don't know that farming is the easiest way to become a billionaire abroad
u are big decorated fool!!! Go to benue and say this openly to families of the slain farmers or go to Ekiti and Ondo and call them fools for not going to farm to be killed !

1 Like

Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Jahwinaboy(m): 6:09pm On Mar 15
RALPHOW:
Lazy Nigerians
Onion that you can grow behind your house, inside a bag or small small containers.
Give us idea on how to farm it at home
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by jumper524(m): 6:09pm On Mar 15
JayTripz:
Omoooo

I come de find The spring for the onions

Abeg na only me de experience this very slow network....both MTN and Glo
Airtel too.
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by Neoteny(m): 6:27pm On Mar 15
CodeTemplar:
like shoes and clothes are perishables? So daft.

My gawd. Even analogies and sarcasm can't penetrate that incredibly dense blockhead.

You're beyond any help
Re: Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State by JooEeL(m): 6:41pm On Mar 15
Zwooks:

I have been in the rurals since eight years. As i type, i am in my farm settlement. My apartment has no windows or doors. Make we heard word, lazy arses

So what's ur point?

Are u trying to downplay the level of insecurity or the tendency of kidnap and killings by sahel terrorists or what?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Brands Of Coca-cola Did You Drink? Years. / Health Benefits Of Ewedu / A Nairalander Buys A Big Puff Adder Along Akure-Ekiti Road, Butchers & Cooks It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.