Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Help With Car Paper Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Car Paper Issues (614 Views)

Car Paper Question And Answer / Guys Forming Too Much With Car Keys, Keep Key Ur In Pocket / 3 In1original Car-paper 24hrs(auto Reg,3rd Party Ìns & Road Worthiness 8-12k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Car Paper Issues by Kingsdave(m): 8:26pm On Mar 15
My uncle currently bought a Nigerian used Camry , he is the third owner , the first owner engraved his licence plate on the windows and windshield.... How is he gonna get a document that will cover him Incase of police harassment , because i told him , he will have issues with the police because of that .. help if you can
Re: Help With Car Paper Issues by Cryomancer: 9:50pm On Mar 15
Two options:

Change all parts carrying the engraving

Or

Request for copies of the previous document that tallies with the engraving and keep them in your car, so that you can always show police as evidence that you purchased the vehicle from the previous owner.

Off the books Option... Always keep multiples of #500 in your glove box so you can roger the men in black on the road and avoid their harassment.

I hope this helps..
Re: Help With Car Paper Issues by Dedynast: 11:42pm On Mar 15
If he's going to do change of ownership and have the car documents in his name, then on one of the certificates of number plates allocation, they can include all the previous registered numbers of the car (this certificate is usually handwritten). Additionally, he should get a court affidavit and a police extract attesting to the engraved reg number, belonging to one of the previous owners of the car.

Truth is, police will always stop him. But with the affidavit and police extract, he's good to go.
Re: Help With Car Paper Issues by pointblankeirie: 5:12am On Mar 16
Simply get a sworn court affidavit indicating the change.. it’s that easy

1 Like

Re: Help With Car Paper Issues by Kingsdave(m): 2:37am On Mar 19
pointblankeirie:
Simply get a sworn court affidavit indicating the change.. it’s that easy
thanks so much I appreciate
Dedynast:
If he's going to do change of ownership and have the car documents in his name, then on one of the certificates of number plates allocation, they can include all the previous registered numbers of the car (this certificate is usually handwritten). Additionally, he should get a court affidavit and a police extract attesting to the engraved reg number, belonging to one of the previous owners of the car.
Thanks so much I appreciate

Truth is, police will always stop him. But with the affidavit and police extract, he's good to go.
Cryomancer:
Two options:

Change all parts carrying the engraving

Or

Request for copies of the previous document that tallies with the engraving and keep them in your car, so that you can always show police as evidence that you purchased the vehicle from the previous owner.

Off the books Option... Always keep multiples of #500 in your glove box so you can roger the men in black on the road and avoid their harassment. Thank

I hope this helps..
thanks so much for your help
Re: Help With Car Paper Issues by fineboynl(m): 4:47am On Mar 19
If the previous owner can engraved the car with plate number. Why didn't they didn't sell the car with the plate number?
Re: Help With Car Paper Issues by WycliffeSMB(m): 12:54pm On Apr 10
Good Day Sir...
Pls that your AC guy or mechanic in Aba, have you gotten the contact?

(1) (Reply)

My Car Loses Power Anytime I On My AC And Am In Traffic / The Dangers To You And Your Vehicle If You Give Someone A "Jump Start"? / How To Start Up A Car Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.