Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

£400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK (25468 Views)

Two Nigerians Jailed For 40 Years For Robbing Mobile Money Vendor In Ghana / Three Nigerians Jailed In Ireland For Defrauding 66-yr-old Woman Of €282k (pics) / 23 Nigerians Jailed In France For Sex Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by YourKarma: 1:35pm On Mar 16
AuthorMan:
I am Yoruba.
I did not expect to see an Igbo name on the list before opening the thread. Each region to its speciality. Na Yoruba and Edo get this one. grin

Pls who knows Slawor..'s Real name. Is he safe?

Me too. If it were about drugs I'll be surprised if u don't see an Igbo name.
I'm Igbo though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by AreaFada2: 1:53pm On Mar 16
MT:

There is poverty and hardship everywhere in the world, however the international news would not report it.

Do you realise some people cannot afford 3 square meals a day in the western world?

m watching football, they will rather go to the pub, buy one pint of beer and watch. They cant even afford cable TV at home.

But we have another definition for wealth as Nigerians as it relates to our culture. We want to show off to the world, we want to build houses (not mortgage), we want to buy amazing cars, we want to live large without debt. If such individuals choose to live in western worlds, there will be clash of cultures and such individuals will look for a way to force his idea of "wealth" to come to fruition - they will most probably go into crime as the last resorts eventually.

Mostly (not at all times), that is what causes cases like this.
Bolded is the simple truth. If you go to 9ja and be low key, people say you did not make it. They will be saying how that person in Sweden or Japan built that storey building or used x of number cars last time he came. He was carrying many fine girls.

Not everyone will decide to disclose all his investments to people or appear lavish in a country with so many people just managing.

In the West, nobody really cares about your wealth or how you live large. That reduces the pressure to keep up with the Joneses.
Yet some 9ja folks in the West cannot recognise the advantage of this. They still want to "chill with the big boys" and go into crime.

2 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by franudi: 1:57pm On Mar 16
All are Yoruba.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by quiteboy(m): 2:10pm On Mar 16
grin grin grin grin
Pinicop:
Some section of this country are well-known religious terrorists.

Others, who happened to be their next-door neighbors, are violent land grabbers, ethnic cleansing murderers, and commercial kidnappers.

Some community excelled in drug smuggling , dealing in baby-factory-made children, and producing counterfeit goods.

There others who are renowned religious bigots, and poverty-multipliers by uncontrollably giving birth to alms-begging children.

In this country, we also have kidnapping militias-cum-economic sabatouers.

And this region, these ones in the news above represent, are world-class fraudsters and ritual killers.

Nigeria, chai!!

By the way, I'm from one of the evil communities mentioned above.

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Calitoscassius(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16
I don't know why people think they can come to the UK and commit these frauds and get away with it, those days are long gone! Thesedays there are so much devices put in place to detect frauds, And they have your biometric finger prints! Your passport, addresses or driver's licence details.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by DaddyJapan(m): 2:36pm On Mar 16
I see the Capo dei Capi, Abidemi Adegbite, has not even been sentenced yet. cool

Operation Waterspout was a Hampshire and Isle of Wight Constabulary investigation into an Organised Crime Group who were involved in high value commercial fraud. The fraudsters used stolen personal details of existing customers from all over England and Wales to take out new phone contracts and obtain expensive mobile phones and similar items such as Apple Watches and iPads.

Oluwadamilola Bolaji, 32, of Black Eagle Drive in Gravesend, Kent, admitted his part in the fraud conspiracy to the value of £145,000. He has been jailed for six years and three months.
Taofeeq Balogun, 30, of no fixed address in Basingstoke admitted his part in the fraud conspiracy to the value of £25,000. He has been jailed for three years.
Taiwo Agusto, 43, of Osbourne Road in Dartford, Kent admitted his part in the fraud conspiracy to the value of £3,000. He has been jailed for one year and nine months.
Carriba Johnson, 31, of Nelson Square in Southwark, London also admitted her part in the fraud conspiracy to the value of £2,500. She has been given a suspended sentence of 24 months imprisonment.

Abidemi Adegbite, 56, of Bennett Castle Lane in Dagenham, Essex, admitted his part in the fraud conspiracy to the value of £190,000 and is due to appear for sentencing at a later date.

Between the April 2019 and March 2020, as part of a nationwide fraud, Bolaji, Adegbite, Balogun, Agusto and Johnson stole mobile phone customers details, used fake ID and fake documents to impersonate those customers, and visited mobile phone stores to gain expensive mobile phones and other devices. This resulted in a loss of almost £430k for phone companies Vodafone, EE, O2 and the Carphone Warehouse.
Source: https://www.hampshire.police.uk/news/hampshire/news/news/2024/march-2024/organised-crime-group-who-defrauded-major-phone-companies-out-of-over-400k-have-been-jailed-for-a-combined-total-of-11-years
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Kionrae: 2:55pm On Mar 16
Yorubas making us proud

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Jaycee07(m): 2:57pm On Mar 16
Pinicop:

Others, who happened to be their next-door neighbors, are violent land grabbers, ethnic cleansing murderers, and commercial kidnappers.

Some community excelled in drug smuggling , dealing in baby-factory-made children, and producing counterfeit goods.

There others who are renowned religious bigots, and poverty-multipliers by uncontrollably giving birth to alms-begging children.

And this region, these ones in the news above represent, are world-class fraudsters and ritual killers.

Nigeria, chai!!

That sums it all up. You’re truly on point. That’s Nigeria for you in just one sentence.

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Pinicop(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16
bjdon:

My own region exports girls to Italy cry

Very funny.

Every region got its own share of wickedness
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by YesDaddyTill203: 2:59pm On Mar 16
garriAndsugar:
Cone headed individuals

Seun ban this tribal bigot.

Rule 2 violation
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Pinicop(m): 3:03pm On Mar 16
humilitypays:
Let me interpret your comment for those that are not spiritually carried to decode your spiritual message.

Kanuri tribe of Nigeria are known for Islamic religious terrorism and producing MUSLIM terrorists.

Fulani their next neighbor are known for violently grabbing lands belonging to other tribes in the name of rearing cow abi cattle, and they have now advanced their business into kidnapping for ransom.

The Igbo tribe have made a name for themselves in drug trafficking, creating baby factory to produce babies they sell to people who cannot father a child. They are also good at faking products shocked

Hausas are very known with being religous bigots, if you are not a devout Muslima, they don't regard you as human being, and they can marry plenty wives and manufacture children they cannot take care of like bees, they are mostly good at begging using their children cry

And the Yoruba tribe who are the people in this very news are known for international internet fraud, cyber fraud, identity theft, wire wire fraud and ritual killings.

This is what makes Nigeria a wonderful country, a great country of criminally minded tribes that have mastered different crimes based on their tribe cheesy shocked

Excellent. That's exactly what I meant.

By the way, there are Niger Delta militants, mainly Ijaw people, notorious for oil bunkering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Pinicop(m): 3:10pm On Mar 16
Praktikals1000:

Lol. I reserve my comments as I just returned from ban

Fear of ban.... Lol
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Pinicop(m): 3:11pm On Mar 16
Crokky:

U just summarized Nigeria

Unfortunately
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Enculer2: 3:12pm On Mar 16
Emilokans gang

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by dreamworld: 3:26pm On Mar 16
withouy opening the thread i new it must yorubas when i saw uk

2 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Forkthiefnubu: 3:36pm On Mar 16
Na them , e no pass them white collar crime advocates , free loaders , you think say here na Nigeria
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Forkthiefnubu: 3:38pm On Mar 16
YesDaddyTill203:

Seun ban this tribal bigot.

Rule 2 violation
Won’t be surprised if he does because he is here to protect his tribe, I see a lot of abuses poured upon the Igbos here and they go Scot free
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by YesDaddyTill203: 3:46pm On Mar 16
Forkthiefnubu:

Won’t be surprised if he does because he is here to protect his tribe, I see a lot of abuses poured upon the Igbos here and they go Scot free

The easiest way to get banned on NL is to say anything against Igbos even if it's true. Most of the Mods are Igbos and Seun has given them too much power to ban others. Your observation is flawed and incorrect.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Banbanna(m): 4:07pm On Mar 16
Those words surprise me o. I was looking for some pastors or church people. Was it just to grab attention or for lack of words to say🤔😁
Buharidgeneral:
Which one is God fearing Nigerian

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Fearurcreeator: 4:31pm On Mar 16
Kingcalls:
If we are banned tomorrow.... those descendants of the fallen demon will blame the people from the SE ... this was how they ruined dubai for us
You see as Yorubas above you dey abuse them... But your own people don't condemn yours like this .. enikure... Eyin oloriburuku Yi... Plus those that are in saner climes like those in this news ... Ema shofo ni
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Fearurcreeator: 4:32pm On Mar 16
dominique:
And there's another thread where a Canadian based Nigerian.is duping his fellow Nigerians of millions of naira. Do we blame poverty and hardship on these acts of sheer greed? Hope we can now see the disastrous consequences of justifying fraud?
Masses no dey wan gree say them dey part wey spoil this country
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Mom007(f): 4:37pm On Mar 16
Bigseven:
Anytime you read about fraud syndicate overseas, 98 percent of the people involved are Nigerian and is giving us a bad image. We are genuine hustlers. It’s sad 😔

That's not true. Nigerians are actually the lowest level of fraudsters, even the Indians are x5 more criminal... just that the Nigerians are very crude and largely unintelligent. Very loud too, always casting themselves. Even in public buses you will hear them calling huge sums on the phone, with that our loud voice! You are talking on phone and the whole bus passengers can hear your conversation... no be mumu be that?

3 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by PHAYOL81: 5:15pm On Mar 16
Damn! Bad guys
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by guru90: 5:16pm On Mar 16
This is the reason Oyibo people the fear 9ja very well.....
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Imhereagain(f): 5:22pm On Mar 16
LMFAO @God fearing Nigerians grin. Give them visas and papers to your country at your own peril. Very incultured , greedy and lazy lot.....always looking for easy money and commiting atrocities wherever you find them grin
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Bigkoko: 5:25pm On Mar 16
Awon name checkers food don donn ohhh!

One tribe na Fraud....
One tribe na drugs....
One tribe na terrorism....

Hahahaha..... I pity Nigeria minorities who became yoked with these people Sha!!!

Itulah:

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/three-uk-based-nigerians-defraud-vodafone-other-firms-of-429304/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by ksbusari(m): 5:55pm On Mar 16
Kingcalls:

Hushpuppy is the biggest criminal in Dubai history...after that descendant of the fallen demon was caught, they blocked the country .... known criminals

It was when ur foolish tribes Men started to chase people with cutlasses. You bloody cultist.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by McStoic(m): 5:58pm On Mar 16
Itulah:

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/three-uk-based-nigerians-defraud-vodafone-other-firms-of-429304/amp/

Usual suspects, signed name checkers association of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by McStoic(m): 6:00pm On Mar 16
Pinicop:

And the people from this region, these ones in the news above represent, are world-class fraudsters and ritual killers.

Nigeria, chai!!

What a Nigerian! What a comment grin

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Kingcalls: 6:44pm On Mar 16
ksbusari:

It was when ur foolish tribes Men started to chase people with cutlasses. You bloody cultist.

Show us proof that they were Igbos... we all know Eiye is made of and created by ur dirty tribe
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by o123456789(m): 7:21pm On Mar 16
This is Identity Theft.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Kills Grandmother Over House Rent In Benin (Photos) / Kano Hisbah Board Destroys 30 Trailer Loads Of Beer / Woman Brutalized By Her Baby Daddy In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.