Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

£400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK (25420 Views)

Two Nigerians Jailed For 40 Years For Robbing Mobile Money Vendor In Ghana / Three Nigerians Jailed In Ireland For Defrauding 66-yr-old Woman Of €282k (pics) / 23 Nigerians Jailed In France For Sex Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Sctests: 7:29pm On Mar 16
Our Yoruba brothers. grin
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Sctests: 7:32pm On Mar 16
killsmith:
When they finish serving jail time, their people make them Oba or awujale.
Or even vote them as President. Tinubu was into fraud and drug pushing in the USA. Tueh!
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Sctests: 7:34pm On Mar 16
Galaticos444:
Anytime u hear of crimes committed by Nigerians in d UK jst be rest assured that d perpetrators are from d brown roof region.the tribe where majority of dem are doing taxi driver work in d UK as per time job but their full time job is internet fraud

Always call the tribe name, so the Google algorithm can record. They have done the same to the reputation other tribes.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by obotematics: 7:44pm On Mar 16
I deserved no reserve my comments
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by femi4: 8:04pm On Mar 16
Judolisco:
Do d crime, do the time.... 400k no be small money... Fraudsters and armedrobbers na d same thing to me
That's about N800M

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Bigseven(m): 8:06pm On Mar 16
Mom007:

That's not true. Nigerians are actually the lowest level of fraudsters, even the Indians are x5 more criminal... just that the Nigerians are very crude and largely unintelligent. Very loud too, always casting themselves. Even in public buses you will hear them calling huge sums on the phone, with that our loud voice! You are talking on phone and the whole bus passengers can hear your conversation... no be mumu be that?
undecided you know nothing
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by otipoju(m): 8:55pm On Mar 16
Sluacoast:

No go hustle. Dey cap

My daycare bill for one month alone is 2 million naira . If you need receipts I go send am to you.

Dey sleep.

I know one person that got a 20,000 dollar end of year bonus from one of her two jobs

Try Google software project manager salary in USA make you come back come tell me wetin you see. .meanwhile some folks will work 2 such jobs at a time. Koffi that Togo workaholic boy dey run four cybersecurity jobs

Honest living pays times 100 with plenty peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Forkthiefnubu: 9:22pm On Mar 16
YesDaddyTill203:

The easiest way to get banned on NL is to say anything against Igbos even if it's true. Most of the Mods are Igbos and Seun has given them too much power to ban others. Your observation is flawed and incorrect.
False and u know it
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by YesDaddyTill203: 9:25pm On Mar 16
Forkthiefnubu:

False and u know it
Even if reality lands on your nose, you still won't see it. Bye
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by ogbonti: 9:26pm On Mar 16
MT:

This is a pointer to the fact that things are not easy anywhere in the world.

That UK you are dreaming of travelling to is where some people chose the way of fraud to make money. This is not peculiar to UK alone, it is all over the world. If life has been easy to them, most probably they wont go this route. I am not making any case for them, just showing that it is not easy anywhere.

Before you lose 14,000 GBP for CoS (Equivalent of 28 Million Naira) today, to get to UK where you will be slaving to make an average of 2000GBP per month (with almost 1300 to 1500- GBP gone with bills each month, WITHOUT feeding and clothing and other miscellaneous expenses), think twice and have your plans mapped out.

The grass is not always greener at the other side. Those of you that think that when you get to western world, you are wealthy by default, let this story be your guide.

I am not saying people should not travel but please lower your expectation to avoid cases like this.

I don preach to them I don taya - but the "i must japa by fire by force crew" will soon come for you

IF it is easy overseas - why did Femi Gbajabiamila steal his client's $25,000 in the USA and abandon his law practice- abandon all his established social connections became a felon to run to live in naija ? IF Gbaja - a lawyer and naturalized American citizen could run away with $25,000 - why does any sane Nigerian youth - without legal papers- no US education - no established social connections will waste $10,000 to run to the US - and will probably never save $25,000 all his life no matter how hard he works?

meanwhile in naija - IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THAT MONEY - use that money to open a store - just sell rice and beans -- buy bags of rice and beans in whole sale - sell baskets of rice and beans in retail - you will never struggle in life ---- and IF you are very disciplined -- you will make that $10,000 double in a year

BUT THEY WILL NEVER LISTEN grin grin grin grin dog wey won loss no go ever listen to him owner whistle grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Forkthiefnubu: 9:42pm On Mar 16
YesDaddyTill203:

Even if reality lands on your nose, you still won't see it. Bye
Crap
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by 1Sharon(f): 9:59pm On Mar 16
Funny thing is that the UK fraud boys are all working for Nigerian fraud boys.

2 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by teebaxy(m): 12:06am On Mar 17
Iceberg3:

Anthony Joshua nor send anybody papa grin
Una for help him send everybody papa if he was a disgrace
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by freedomchild: 5:26am On Mar 17
Pinicop:
Some section of this country are well-known religious terrorists.

Others, who happened to be their next-door neighbors, are violent land grabbers, ethnic cleansing murderers, and commercial kidnappers.

Some community excelled in drug smuggling , dealing in baby-factory-made children, and producing counterfeit goods.

There others who are renowned religious bigots, and poverty-multipliers by uncontrollably giving birth to alms-begging children.

In this country, we also have kidnapping militias-cum-economic sabatouers.

And the people from this region, these ones in the news above represent, are world-class fraudsters and ritual killers.

Nigeria, chai!!lol.. your analysis is topnotch

By the way, I'm from one of the evil communities mentioned above.

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by bigcasava1(m): 5:39am On Mar 17
Na yahoo them there, if you go Dubai that's what they do
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Greattha: 6:37am On Mar 17
Abi o....

Aren't we all?

At least you're not pretending to be a Saint like some do.

We can only continue to do our best to make things better.

Pinicop:

Others, who happened to be their next-door neighbors, are violent land grabbers, ethnic cleansing murderers, and commercial kidnappers.

Some community excelled in drug smuggling , dealing in baby-factory-made children, and producing counterfeit goods.

There others who are renowned religious bigots, and poverty-multipliers by uncontrollably giving birth to alms-begging children.

And the people from this region, these ones in the news above represent, are world-class fraudsters and ritual killers.

Nigeria, chai!!

2 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Pinicop(m): 7:36am On Mar 17
Greattha:
Abi o....

Aren't we all?

I'm not pretending

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Pinicop(m): 7:38am On Mar 17
McStoic:

What a Nigerian! What a comment grin

It's unfortunate
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Pinicop(m): 7:39am On Mar 17
Greattha:
Abi o....

Aren't we all?

No, I don't pretend.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Exceed15: 8:51am On Mar 17
They should do the time too. Nothing like freedom. It has been taken away from them now.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Gerrard59(m): 8:52am On Mar 17
MT:

Citizenship has nothing to do with crime.

Everyone is a citizen of a particular country.

It is Nigerians that see a big deal in acquiring citizenship of another country. Even the whites do not see it as a big deal.

There are many Nigerians languishing in jail in Nigeria. Also, many Brits, Americans, Canadians are in different prisons for various crimes.

Being a citizen of a western Nation does not make you a "perfect" being. We just exaggerate citizenship in this part of the world.

Why should they when the strongest passports are from white dominated countries? However, in cases where whites naturalise, they celebrate/cherish it. Such as Singapore. Indians, Pakistanis and Filipinos celebrate their naturalisation. Nothing stops Nigerians or other Africans from doing the same. It is an achievement on its own.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by damzy88: 9:09am On Mar 17
MT:

While your argument was persuasive, you could not deny that for every one like you we have over 100 of individuals who are at the wrong end of the stick.

Some are so frustrated with what they are currently doing that they want out desperately, and they wont mind what it takes to get a sizable amount of money to restart their lives somewhere else because they feel they have invested in the country as well.

Such notion is wrong and should be condemned but it is a reality.

An average african man is not satisfied with the definition of UK comfortablility (which you described in your write up). Africa culture has a different definition to comfortabilty.

I repeat, I am not making an excuse for them, my intention was to tell others coming to have a realistic assessment of the country they are coming into and lower their expectations at the same time. Few people realise the dream of African definiton of wealth while living abroad even as a professional, as the system is rigged to always "take more" the higher you go.
Last sentence. wink
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by MT: 9:30am On Mar 17
Gerrard59:

Why should they when the strongest passports are from white dominated countries? However, in cases where whites naturalise, they celebrate/cherish it. Such as Singapore. Indians, Pakistanis and Filipinos celebrate their naturalisation. Nothing stops Nigerians or other Africans from doing the same. It is an achievement on its own.

When I read the bolded, I knew you have not traveled out before. You are one of those we are trying to shape their worldview.

First of all, those you mentioned (at the bolded) are not classified as "whites". Your kind is the one that will see a Chinese and be worshipping him as "white".

Two, do you know that during the Brexit, the EU citizens working in the UK were offered British citizenship. Large numbers of them considered it as insults and they declined, they went back to their countries. A German would rather die as a German than a British.

Three, do you realize that there was a time in the past, Nigerians landing at British airports were offered British citizenship at the port of entry, which majority of them declined. It was a thing of beauty to be a Nigerian then. Nigerians did not need visa to travel to the UK, but tell me what percentage of them travelled then? Very few, and Nigerians were enjoying in their country.

Four, stop seeing changing of nationalities (citizenship) as an achievement. It is just a mean to an end, not the end itself. Citizenship doesn't stop you from being homeless or jobless or dying poor. You need a robust, much sought-after skill sets to be gainfully employed in the western world. Even if you don't have their citizenship, their companies will file for work permit for you and you can work. You become a global citizen since any company can file for work permit for you from any country. You become their bride whom they want at all costs.

I will advise you to be consciously exposed to the global events and expand your perspective about life. Learn and unlearn.

2 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Gerrard59(m): 12:05pm On Mar 17
MT:

When I read the bolded, I knew you have not traveled out before. You are one of those we are trying to shape their worldview.

First of all, those you mentioned (at the bolded) are not classified as "whites". Your kind is the one that will see a Chinese and be worshipping him as "white".

I will advise you to be consciously exposed to the global events and expand your perspective about life. Learn and unlearn.

While I appreciate the advice, I did not equate those other nationals to white people. I meant that if Pakistanis, Indians and Filipinos can celebrate naturalisation, there is nothing wrong with Nigerians doing the same. As for the part of being sought after by companies, that is understood.

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Godiloveu(f): 1:03pm On Mar 17
They should be given death my hanging or firing. These lots are evil people and they need to be dealt with
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by RealTalkNoBull: 1:47pm On Mar 17
Kingcalls:
If we are banned tomorrow.... those descendants of the fallen demon will blame the people from the SE ... this was how they ruined dubai for us

But, Igbos hate Muslims why are they in muslim countries?
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by IbeOkehie: 1:53pm On Mar 17
MT:

This is a pointer to the fact that things are not easy anywhere in the world.

That UK you are dreaming of travelling to is where some people chose the way of fraud to make money. This is not peculiar to UK alone, it is all over the world. If life has been easy to them, most probably they wont go this route. I am not making any case for them, just showing that it is not easy anywhere.

Before you lose 14,000 GBP for CoS (Equivalent of 28 Million Naira) today, to get to UK where you will be slaving to make an average of 2000GBP per month (with almost 1300 to 1500- GBP gone with bills each month, WITHOUT feeding and clothing and other miscellaneous expenses), think twice and have your plans mapped out.

The grass is not always greener at the other side. Those of you that think that when you get to western world, you are wealthy by default, let this story be your guide.

I am not saying people should not travel but please lower your expectation to avoid cases like this.

MT:

Two, do you know that during the Brexit, the EU citizens working in the UK were offered British citizenship. Large numbers of them considered it as insults and they declined, they went back to their countries. A German would rather die as a German than a British.

Three, do you realize that there was a time in the past, Nigerians landing at British airports were offered British citizenship at the port of entry, which majority of them declined. It was a thing of beauty to be a Nigerian then. Nigerians did not need visa to travel to the UK, but tell me what percentage of them travelled then? Very few, and Nigerians were enjoying in their country.

Four, stop seeing changing of nationalities (citizenship) as an achievement. It is just a mean to an end, not the end itself. Citizenship doesn't stop you from being homeless or jobless or dying poor. You need a robust, much sought-after skill sets to be gainfully employed in the western world. Even if you don't have their citizenship, their companies will file for work permit for you and you can work. You become a global citizen since any company can file for work permit for you from any country. You become their bride whom they want at all costs.

Oga MT please stop. You're a nice sort so these your comments are like....

grin grin grin

Happy Sunday to you and yours.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Idaytesj29(m): 2:03pm On Mar 17
Pinicop:

Nigeria, chai!!

Badman chilling in Dior
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Kingcalls: 2:34pm On Mar 17
RealTalkNoBull:

But, Igbos hate Muslims why are they in muslim countries?

How do igbos hate Muslims?? Prove it

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by eastcoast100: 5:30pm On Mar 17
It is becos they are Yorubas that commited the crime,it is now God dearth.Let it be an igbo people, it will be ready, these evil people from the sad yeast.

Lifted07:
The phrase "Three God-fearing' no clear. Could someone please explain? Or what figure of speech is this I the matter at hand?

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by kareemkamil(m): 5:45pm On Mar 17
Ojuole re emu won
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Mom007(f): 8:24pm On Mar 17
Bigseven:
undecided you know nothing

undecided
You know everything... noah tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Re-Arraigns Aisha Wakil ‘Mama’ Boko Haram, Others For Alleged N6M Fraud / Man Who Raped 9-Year-Old Girl In Ondo Cries As He Is Taken To Court / Suspected Nigerian Drug Peddler Stabs Police During Arrest In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.