Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

£400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK (25438 Views)

Two Nigerians Jailed For 40 Years For Robbing Mobile Money Vendor In Ghana / Three Nigerians Jailed In Ireland For Defrauding 66-yr-old Woman Of €282k (pics) / 23 Nigerians Jailed In France For Sex Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by qtguru(m): 10:30am On Mar 16
Yoruba fraudsters lol grin

2 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by mmsen: 10:31am On Mar 16
Buharidgeneral:
Which one is God fearing Nigerian

Their god is money and they fear going without it.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Pennilessword1: 10:31am On Mar 16
By their names you shalt know them ..see them..awon oju ole..from Huspuppy to ronus... nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Honestey: 10:31am On Mar 16
"Three God-fearing Nigerians among an organized crime group jailed for a combined total of 11 years for defrauding major phone companies of over £400,000 in the U.K."

Thank God they are God fearing people. If not they probably would have destroyed the entire UK. It's fear of God that made them just defraud person.
Phue!
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by MT: 10:34am On Mar 16
dominique:
And there's another thread where a Canadian based Nigerian.is duping his fellow Nigerians of millions of naira. Do we blame poverty and hardship on these acts of sheer greed? Hope we can now see the disastrous consequences of justifying fraud?

There is poverty and hardship everywhere in the world, however the international news would not report it.

Do you realise some people cannot afford 3 square meals a day in the western world?

Do you realise that in the US, it is the school meal given to students that make most of them to eat, when they are on vacation, most of them go hungry as their parents cannot afford to feed them? That explains during Covid when the US govt had to arrange for meal to be delivered to the kids at home since they were out of school and most of them would go hungry without school meals.

It is a tough environment, and sadly their countries are conditioned to just make you "comfortable" - they do not even expect you to shoulder the responsibilities of your parents or relatives or friends - just be comfortable in your own little way, rack up debts and die when death comes. That is why the whites can afford to watch Arsenal vs Lverpool match that will probably cost 120 GBP. How many blacks do you see in the stadium watching football, they will rather go to the pub, buy one pint of beer and watch. They cant even afford cable TV at home.

But we have another definition for wealth as Nigerians as it relates to our culture. We want to show off to the world, we want to build houses (not mortgage), we want to buy amazing cars, we want to live large without debt. If such individuals choose to live in western worlds, there will be clash of cultures and such individuals will look for a way to force his idea of "wealth" to come to fruition - they will most probably go into crime as the last resorts eventually.

Mostly (not at all times), that is what causes cases like this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by humilitypays(m): 10:34am On Mar 16
Pinicop:
Some section of this country are well-known religious terrorists.

Others, who happened to be their next-door neighbors, are violent land grabbers, ethnic cleansing murderers, and commercial kidnappers.

Some community excelled in drug smuggling , dealing in baby-factory-made children, and producing counterfeit goods.

There others who are renowned religious bigots, and poverty-multipliers by uncontrollably giving birth to alms-begging children.

In this country, we also have kidnapping militias-cum-economic sabatouers.

And this region, these ones in the news above represent, are world-class fraudsters and ritual killers.

Nigeria, chai!!

By the way, I'm from one of the evil communities mentioned above.
Let me interpret your comment for those that are not spiritually carried to decode your spiritual message.

Kanuri tribe of Nigeria are known for Islamic religious terrorism and producing MUSLIM terrorists.

Fulani their next neighbor are known for violently grabbing lands belonging to other tribes in the name of rearing cow abi cattle, and they have now advanced their business into kidnapping for ransom.

The Igbo tribe have made a name for themselves in drug trafficking, creating baby factory to produce babies they sell to people who cannot father a child. They are also good at faking products shocked

Hausas are very known with being religous bigots, if you are not a devout Muslima, they don't regard you as human being, and they can marry plenty wives and manufacture children they cannot take care of like bees, they are mostly good at begging using their children cry

And the Yoruba tribe who are the people in this very news are known for international internet fraud, cyber fraud, identity theft, wire wire fraud and ritual killings.

This is what makes Nigeria a wonderful country, a great country of criminally minded tribes that have mastered different crimes based on their tribe cheesy shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Efikman(m): 10:36am On Mar 16
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Judolisco(m): 10:37am On Mar 16
highchief1:
thunder fire u
see werey fraudster.... Hand go soon touch u

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Regie2bless: 10:38am On Mar 16
Itulah:

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/three-uk-based-nigerians-defraud-vodafone-other-firms-of-429304/amp/
their excuse wen in Nigeria be say no work, government no provide job, graduate are roaming the street dat is why dey are into fruad, NOW u are in a far! far!! Better country, what excuse will dey give now? This fraud thing is not about no job buy rather about wicked greed to acquire what is not theirs. Same thing goes to secondary school student doing fraud, wetin he wan talk say be d reason of doing it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by MT: 10:40am On Mar 16
Mindlog:

You are making a case for them!

Those guys are criminals who love stealing from others because they don't want to be involved in honest work that would pay for the basic comforts of life as they want to live large, show up at clubs, wear designer labels etc.

I live in the UK, my honest earnings do take care of bills and some investments...so why should I choose the criminal path?

How much are majority of Nigerians in Nigeria "slaving" to earn monthly?

Well if you cant see it using my lenses , I cant help you.

At the bolded, you will respond to your own questions.

It is an open secret that most people are getting by and not living their dreams in the western nations. Are you saying because you are making an "honest" living, it is enough to satisfy your dream? Few people abroad can absolutely say they are fulfilled on the job. Individuals react differently to situations. Someone that dreams to be an engineer, but working in a care home, is making an "honest" living but will never be happy or satisfied, irrespective of the money being made. That is human nature for you.

Your idea of "basic" living is different for each individual. Your life cannot be accepted as a standard for others.

If this happens in Nigeria, it is so convenient to make a blanket statement that "Nigeria" happens to them when analysing what could have pushed them to crime.

Why do you guys put up a fight when we implicitly say "UK" happens to them? Afrerall, there is a reason for every action.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by highchief1: 10:41am On Mar 16
Judolisco:
see werey fraudster.... Hand go soon touch u
fraud wetin?The position I occupy in govt nobody from ur community holds it.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by nairalanda1(m): 10:42am On Mar 16
adecz:

👉👉It's shocking that any part of the
world Nigerian youth go to, some are
excelling in certain areas, while some
get involved in fraudulent acts or high
crimes.

You hardly notice this criminality in
youth of other migrant communities..

The get rich quick at any cost is always
on their minds. 😡😡😡😡😡

A lot of migrant communities have their criminal element.

Not just nigerians

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by emmaitive(m): 10:49am On Mar 16
Pinicop:

Others, who happened to be their next-door neighbors, are violent land grabbers, ethnic cleansing murderers, and commercial kidnappers.

Some community excelled in drug smuggling , dealing in baby-factory-made children, and producing counterfeit goods.Lol😂😂😂

There others who are renowned religious bigots, and poverty-multipliers by uncontrollably giving birth to alms-begging children.

And this region, these ones in the news above represent, are world-class fraudsters and ritual killers.

Nigeria, chai!!

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by ednut1(m): 10:52am On Mar 16
Gerrard59:

I read on Instablog that the Taiwo dude moved to the UK immediately after his secondary school education. The mom has been a resident in the UK since. If someone must be greedy, why not channel it into something legit? He is probably a citizen sef.
imagine
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by MT: 10:59am On Mar 16
Regie2bless:
their excuse wen in Nigeria be say no work, government no provide job, graduate are roaming the street dat is why dey are into fruad, NOW u are in a far! far!! Better country, what excuse will dey give now? This fraud thing is not about no job buy rather about wicked greed to acquire what is not theirs. Same thing goes to secondary school student doing fraud, wetin he wan talk say be d reason of doing it?

Not referring to this case but not everyone in the western gets job!.

The international media have painted the image of perfection when talking about western world.

That is not true.

2 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by AuthorMan: 10:59am On Mar 16
Zooposki:

Just Yoruba. You hardly see Edo names for international fraudsters. Na Yoruba get this one. Na them be international fraudsters.

You have one at your nostril

Where Slawormir comes from?

Na Edo and Yoruba get internet Fraud.

Ask Slawormir e go tell you
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Judolisco(m): 11:02am On Mar 16
highchief1:
fraud wetin?The position I occupy in govt nobody from ur community holds it.
lol... Say d position.... U bloody liar.... Na so una go dey scam people up and down

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by MT: 11:03am On Mar 16
Gerrard59:

I read on Instablog that the Taiwo dude moved to the UK immediately after his secondary school education. The mom has been a resident in the UK since. If someone must be greedy, why not channel it into something legit? He is probably a citizen sef.

Citizenship has nothing to do with crime.

Everyone is a citizen of a particular country.

It is Nigerians that see a big deal in acquiring citizenship of another country. Even the whites do not see it as a big deal.

There are many Nigerians languishing in jail in Nigeria. Also, many Brits, Americans, Canadians are in different prisons for various crimes.

Being a citizen of a western Nation does not make you a "perfect" being. We just exaggerate citizenship in this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by highchief1: 11:03am On Mar 16
Judolisco:
lol... Say d position.... U bloody liar.... Na so una go dey scam people up and down
I won’t. go to court
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Judolisco(m): 11:05am On Mar 16
highchief1:
I won’t. go to court
lol... Local government high chief dey fear talk him position... U Don fold

1 Like 1 Share

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by nedekid: 11:11am On Mar 16
Buharidgeneral:
Which one is God fearing Nigerian
Lolz, no be we go church pass? We fear God in our criminality.
Some pray before going to rob for God's protection. Guyman will go on prayer and fasting for Maga to pay. Thief will be stealing a compressor, electric shock him, and he shouts Jesus!

2 Likes

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by kaywhy09(m): 11:12am On Mar 16
Bad boys
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by highchief1: 11:12am On Mar 16
Judolisco:
lol... Local government high chief dey fear talk him position... U Don fold
lol u r a bad boy
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by bjdon: 11:15am On Mar 16
Pinicop:

Some community excelled in drug smuggling , dealing in baby-factory-made children, and producing counterfeit goods.

Nigeria, chai!!

My own region exports girls to Italy cry
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by henrimoto(m): 11:20am On Mar 16
Lifted07:
The phrase "Three God-fearing' no clear. Could someone please explain? Or what figure of speech is this I the matter at hand?
"Three God fearing" ...indeed

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by AngelicBeing: 11:23am On Mar 16
otipoju:
Whereas it's much easier to make a honest living with peace of mind and no fear of police coming to knock or breakdown your door one day.

Parents teach your children contentment froma very early age. It will save you and them a lot of shame in future.

In our house 97 times out of 100, we had very good food and decent clothes. However if we had only garri left, we drank it with pride and joy without complaining.

Till today, I go oppress your range over with my Toyota.Your Louis vitton no fit fine pass my Reebock or Puma for my eye. I no send your papa message.
tongue
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by fuck419: 11:26am On Mar 16
You see them abi

Next time now, you guys would always be the first to accuse other tribes of fraud.

If una ever come here to speak shit about other tribes, God go punish una.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Kajaard: 11:29am On Mar 16
otipoju:
Whereas it's much easier to make a honest living with peace of mind and no fear of police coming to knock or breakdown your door one day.

Parents teach your children contentment froma very early age. It will save you and them a lot of shame in future.

In our house 97 times out of 100, we had very good food and decent clothes. However if we had only garri left, we drank it with pride and joy without complaining.

Till today, I go oppress your range over with my Toyota.Your Louis vitton no fit fine pass my Reebock or Puma for my eye. I no send your papa message.

Well said bro. Well said.

It's a pity the way the youths these days place vanity over everything. Very pathetic.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by dettolgel: 11:33am On Mar 16
MT:

This is a pointer to the fact that things are not easy anywhere in the world.

That UK you are dreaming of travelling to is where some people chose the way of fraud to make money. This is not peculiar to UK alone, it is all over the world. If life has been easy to them, most probably they wont go this route. I am not making any case for them, just showing that it is not easy anywhere.

Before you lose 14,000 GBP for CoS (Equivalent of 28 Million Naira) today, to get to UK where you will be slaving to make an average of 2000GBP per month (with almost 1300 to 1500- GBP gone with bills each month, WITHOUT feeding and clothing and other miscellaneous expenses), think twice and have your plans mapped out.

The grass is not always greener at the other side. Those of you that think that when you get to western world, you are wealthy by default, let this story be your guide.

I am not saying people should not travel but please lower your expectation to avoid cases like this.

I am sorry but this has nothing to do with the fraud. A thief is a thief.

This why you should raise your kid properly. Haven't you seen rich kids going into prostitution and shop lifting?

Please these guys are poorly raised and the consequences of their poor parental upbringing has come knocking and they must answer.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by Mindlog: 11:36am On Mar 16
MT:

Well if you cant see it using my lenses , I cant help you.

At the bolded, you will respond to your own questions.

It is an open secret that most people are getting by and not living their dreams in the western nations. Are you saying because you are making an "honest" earning, it is enough to satisfy your dream? Individuals react differently to situations. Someone that dreams to be an engineer, but working in a care home, is making an "honest" living but will never be happy or satisfied, irrespective of the money being made. That is human nature for you.

Your idea of "basic" living is different for each individual. Your life cannot be accepted as a standard for others.

If this happens in Nigeria, it is so convenient to make a blanket statement that "Nigeria" happens to them when analysing what could have pushed them to crime.

Why do you guys put up a fight when we implicitly say "UK" happens to them? Afrerall, there is a reason for every action.

I came to the UK through study route, for my specialty in Clinical Child Psychology and now working as a CAMHS Neurodevelopmental Assessment Practitioner and on the pathway of achieving my UK Psychotherapist license.that is me living my dreams and wouldn't have achieved that in Nigeria.

Some people need to "japa to grow" while some would be okay with their growth in their home countries.

Basic living constitutes not being homeless, not going hungry nor getting hit by the elements because of inappropriate clothing for the prevailing weather.

If those same guys happen to be in Nigeria, they would still engage in crime because their cores are disconnected from earning a honest living.....why didn't they stop after scamming their first £150,000, meaning each getting £50,000 which is the 25 months earnings of those "slaving" themselves in the UK?

1 Like

Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by gaskiyamagana: 11:37am On Mar 16
Galaticos444:
Anytime u hear of crimes committed by Nigerians in d UK jst be rest assured that d perpetrators are from d brown roof region.the tribe where majority of dem are doing taxi driver work in d UK as per time job but their full time job is internet fraud
Shut up.
India developers.
Re: £400,000 Fraud: Three Nigerians Jailed in UK by treatise: 11:43am On Mar 16

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Stabs His Wife To Death In Kogi Over N2000 Feeding Allowance / Man Caught Picking Used Sanitary Pads And Pampers In DELSU / Mbonu Oluchi Accused Of Trying To Kill Estranged Husband Setup - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.