Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,142 members, 7,811,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG (10801 Views)

Buhari Appoints Garba Baba Umar As New Security Adviser, 2 Weeks To Go / INTERPOL Elects Baba Umar As Vice President For Africa / Buhari Sacks NEMA DG, Maihaja, Appoints AVM Muhammed As Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Great100000: 5:11am On Mar 16
President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of Mrs. Zubaida Umar as the Director-General of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).

Mrs. Umar is the first woman to be appointed as Director-General of the pivotal interventionist and humanitarian agency, and her appointment further underlines the President’s avowed commitment to gender inclusion.

According to a statement by Presidential spokesman, Ajuri Ngelale, the new Director-General of NEMA has over 20 years of work experience in diverse fields, including Human Resources, and Finance and Administration. She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers and the Institute of Credit Administration.

She holds ACCA certifications in Public Financial Management and Digital & Sustainability Financing.

“As Executive Director, Finance and Corporate Services at the Federal Mortgage Bank, Mrs. Umar drove the strategy and repositioning of the bank and successfully facilitated the transformation of the institution into a modern, digitized mortgage and financial service provider.

“The President expects that the new Director-General will bring the much-needed financial and operational discipline and refashion the agency into a performance-driven and proactive emergency response provider with a focus on prevention and climate change readiness in the execution of its core mandate,” Ngelale stated.

Source: https://leadership.ng/just-in-tinubu-appoints-first-female-nema-dg/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by phemmie06(m): 5:25am On Mar 16
Thank God she's not a Yoruba woman.
The nepotism has been too much

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Kukutente23: 5:29am On Mar 16
grin grin
It has favored her and her family
While Zombies are still on e go better
Enikanlomo

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by tunwumi: 6:33am On Mar 16
Alright
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by iampeterben(m): 6:33am On Mar 16
Congratulations to her

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by atobs4real(m): 6:33am On Mar 16
Tired to comments
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Orissodiq: 6:33am On Mar 16
Ok
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Orissodiq: 6:34am On Mar 16
Ok sir . May almighty Allah make her successful

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by GOFRONT(m): 6:34am On Mar 16
Congrat
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by chriskosherbal(m): 6:35am On Mar 16
Congratulations to her

On the other hand am very apolitical but the economic challenges Nigeria is facing is second to none with respect to sky-rocketing prices of consumer goods. This government may not be a saint and I still haven't given up on this government....I believe Mr President has some pride in him and will not want his reign to be compared to that of his predecessor or less than.
But before he finalises all his plans he should pls open the cotonou border so that food items can flood the market and thereby crashing price for average Nigerians. Most people can feed any more, many are committing suicide on daily basis cos of frustration, stealing, kidnapping, high level of prostitution by small girls who would have been in school is on the rise.

As the saying goes a hungry man is an angry man...he should be advised to open the border as a palliative measure pending on when he finalises his agenda..my take .

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Tochitee(m): 6:37am On Mar 16
Our miserable tribe will say we don't need anything from our president! but inside their closet,they keeps on weeping their eyes out. Obi in his closet now will be dying of every opportunity to get close to appointment,but shishi he no go get. There is consequence for voting losers!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Pennilessword1: 6:37am On Mar 16
Hahahah.... Tinunbu is a damn bigot and too petty. How can you appoint someone and remove that same person based on the party she supports. I thought he said he was the president of all.
That is evidence that he is going to show the east and South central Nigerians shege.
Now he appnted a northerner. Like I always said. Nigeria Doesn't belong to South Central or Easterners...it belongs to the North and the South West.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by toluleke(m): 6:38am On Mar 16
We are in a country appointment is not by merit but political affiliations, tribe and man know man
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Rolings: 6:38am On Mar 16
phemmie06:

Nothing like Nepotism..... it's you people trying to blackmail government

17 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Tareq1105: 6:39am On Mar 16
Congratulations to her, i hope she would discharge her duties with the fear of God.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by TheDemola: 6:41am On Mar 16
Congrats to her. Make I see job for this establishment
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Tochitee(m): 6:42am On Mar 16
Pennilessword1:
Hahahah.... Tinunbu is a damn bigot and too petty. How can you appoint someone and remove that same person based on the party she supports. I thought he said he was the president of all.
That is evidence that he is going to show the east and South central Nigerians shege.
Now he appnted a northerner. Like I always said. Nigeria Doesn't belong to South Central or Easterners...it belongs to the North and the South West.
Which one is south central?we understand as you Igbos always tried to attached south south to your miseries,which is Dead on arrival.you decided to disguise it with south central,continue fooling Pandora and his nuisances. Only Igbos deserved to be seriously dealth with by the president and he's not failing dealing with them! Once again,there is consequence for voting losers.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Pennilessword1: 6:46am On Mar 16
Tochitee:

Which one is south central?we understand as you Igbos always tried to attached south south to your miseries has failed several times,you decided to disguise it with south central,continue fooling Pandora and his nuisance. Only Igbos deserved to be seriously dealth with by the president.

Olodo... I'm from South Central... I'm not igbo you hear bonkum. And what English language is south south...abi your Yoruba bigoted foolery is blocking your numb skull from reasoning too....dey fool yourself. Ass

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by wizelink(m): 6:47am On Mar 16
Okay make them dey work not money sharing
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by UKEMY(m): 6:48am On Mar 16
Another Woman to steal
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:49am On Mar 16
undecided

Another thief to loot and destroy

so much for turn of the " South "

Buhari was busy elevating the whole North
with Appointments and capital expenditures

This fool is busy enthroning his tribalistic bigotry in Aso Rock , what a waste
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Thegamingorca(m): 6:51am On Mar 16
Another betta edu

The department don already cast Sef. EFCC invite the appointee

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:55am On Mar 16
phemmie06:

who cares..

Nigerians have seen what Tinubu can offer

Tribalism and corruption

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by TOYNEX(f): 7:01am On Mar 16
Noted..
Do you have enough market for rhinestones pattern board? Waybill is too much and not allowing you to place orders for stone pattern board as frequent as you would like to?
If you have a working Laser Cutting Machine you can make your own stone Board and supply your vicinity. Just ask me "How" and remember to come with a lot of dollars for the training and all contacts instrumental to your rhinestones template journey will be provided.
Or what you need is just computer pattern design work for cutting, general pattern or unique patterns, do you have a vector image to convert to stone board patterns? Whatever file your machine requests either svg CDR or pdf we gat you covered.
RotadBD is a phone call away from you. +2348O30420155
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by donbrowser(m): 7:18am On Mar 16
Pennilessword1:

The slot is for southeast, if you understand what that means best of luck
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by phemmie06(m): 7:23am On Mar 16
Mentioned the juiciest appointment and those in charge. When PMB did it, I complained and now that BAT is doing same, I must complain

Rolings:

Nothing like Nepotism..... it's you people trying to blackmail government

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by enemyofprogress: 7:25am On Mar 16
Woman dey bear the name Zebrudaya?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by NaijaCover(m): 7:32am On Mar 16
Following The Thread
Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by kunle4toyeyaho: 7:48am On Mar 16
Pennilessword1:
South central? You need to see your doctor bro

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Kusu12: 8:02am On Mar 16
Pennilessword1:

You said someone is not your president and you want to work under same person. You are confused and deluded like your fellow IPOB and obirodents.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Timmi: 8:07am On Mar 16
Great100000:

Source: https://leadership.ng/just-in-tinubu-appoints-first-female-nema-dg/

Point of correction, she is not the first female DG of NEMA, the first female DG was Mrs. Olowu and was appointed by Obasanjo

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Zubaida Umar As First Female NEMA DG by Timmi: 8:10am On Mar 16
ZombiePUNISHER:
undecided

Another thief to loot and destroy

so much for turn of the " South "

Buhari was busy elevating the whole North
with Appointments and capital expenditures

This fool is busy enthroning his tribalistic bigotry in Aso Rock , what a waste

The head of ObiZombies, is this new appointee from where Tinubu is from? Or your mental deluge has blinded your eyes and ears? Just asking ni o

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Samantha Power, US Ambassador / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / HILARIOUS PHOTO: Things Naija Girls Do When In A 5 Star Hotel With Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.