Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody (366 Views)

Postpartum Somebody? / Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter / Please Can Somebody Tell Me What This Small Boy Is Looking At? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:17am On Mar 16
Growing up, one of the things my mum taught which still remains instilled in me is not being beggarly.

It was considered a crime to ask for what our parents could not provide for us. In short, make peace and be content with what you have .

This lady in the picture is carrying a YSL bag which is not a knock off and a total stranger had the temerity to ask her to gift her the bag and the shoes she is wearing.

The lady's response?

I have sisters that will inherit it.

As a woman especially, please curb your hunger or thirst for things you cannot afford .

That is why a lot of women have being made objects of derision and mockery for being Oliver Twists .

If you cannot afford luxury hair, go for synthetic. Do not go borrowing to look rich for a couple of hours.

If you do not have nice clothes to wear out, make do with what you have rather than borrowing clothes from your friends who might be mocking you for doing this.

You cannot afford to buy expensive meals when on a date? Do not go ordering beyond your budget or ordering for your family of friends. That is a horrible social faux pas.
It does not make you look good at all .

Learn contentment as it is the key to self respect.

Do not form the habit of asking for stuff from people you do not know too well.

Save up to buy those stuff you admire on people.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by ZaraIhua(f): 6:58pm On Mar 16
This post just took me back to the days of my childhood. My eldest brother in particular would give us a hard knock on our head if he finds out we begged or borrowed from a neighbor/friend and ask us to return it instantly.

Act of contentment has helped me alot and is still helping me till now..... Especially in avoiding insult and see finish.

Whatever I don't have, I work towards getting it but if my hand no fit reach, I kuku rest. I can't come and kee myself for nothing.

Thanks Op

5 Likes

Re: Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by Franzese: 7:06pm On Mar 16
Tell that to your Gen Z social media freaks.

Was watching one match making hunt game show. This one say her hair 950k, the other one say hin shoe na $1200......

And na trek and danfo una use come hunt game show...inside sun.

I laff tire.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:05pm On Mar 16
ZaraIhua:

This post just took me back to the days of my childhood. My eldest brother in particular would give us a hard knock on our head if he finds out we begged or borrowed from a neighbor/friend and ask us to return it instantly.

Act of contentment has helped me alot and is still helping me till now..... Especially in avoiding insult and see finish.

Whatever I don't have, I work towards getting it but if my hand no fit reach, I kuku rest. I can't come and kee myself for nothing.

Thanks Op

God bless him for teaching you from an early age.

2 Likes

Re: Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:06pm On Mar 16
Franzese:

Was watching one match making hunt game show. This one say her hair 950k, the other one say hin shoe na $1200......

I laff tire.

Their matter ehnm.. Financially Challenged
backgrounds doing the most
Re: Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by CockPit: 10:17pm On Mar 16
I have trained myself with the mantra "whatever I don't have, I don't need"

I could not even ask my father for money growing up.

6 Likes

Re: Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by ZaraIhua(f): 12:18am On Mar 17
PeachtreeReside:

God bless him for teaching you from an early age.

Amen... That's my daily prayer for him

2 Likes

Re: Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by pansophist(m): 9:57pm On Mar 17
Franzese:

I laff tire.

Many idiots seem to place their value on what they wear, not the personality inside. I mean, I can pick an almajiri girl, wear her all that expensive stuff, and viola, she is a high-quality woman right? But it doesn't work like that.

With all their expensive wear, they came to look for a man on live cam, without shame. So no man can pick them up on the offline, where they have existed for decades.

With the advent of internet, one would think a lot of people will use it to become better, but it just made them more dumber, stupider, and just shitty to be around with.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by pansophist(m): 10:04pm On Mar 17
ZaraIhua:

Thanks Op

Virtues (which contentment is) make us powerful. For example, if you are content with what you have, others will find it impossible to mock or tempt you through your greed no matter how wealthy they are.

If you are secure and have accepted yourself, no one will be able to mock you with your insecurities. If you rely on yourself, no one will be able to mislead you.

If you have a strong character, even your haters would know that their jab does not affect you, because your character is like a light that automatically makes all darkness disappear by your mere presence.

So yep, your brother is a smart guy.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by pansophist(m): 10:05pm On Mar 17
CockPit:
I have trained myself with the mantra "whatever I don't have, I don't need"

I could not even ask my father for money growing up.

Strong man

2 Likes

Re: Learn Contentment; Do Not Be A Beggy Beggy Somebody by chariisGRACE(m): 8:01am On Mar 18
Patience is the mother of contentment.
Without patience, you can't be contented .
Patience is what people should strive to have. It is not talked about enough.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is A Bag Of Foreign Rice? / Best Way To Wish Your Sister/ Brother -bhai Dooj Images For Whatsapp Fb / for your House Painter contact me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.