Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,367 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives (12324 Views)

House Of Reps Orders Immediate Arrest Of Binance CEO / Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown / A Loan App Just Served My Neighbour A Court Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by FitCorper: 12:54pm On Mar 16
EreluRoz:
I fear who no fear these men using Binance as coverup for fraud
Nor worry babe, all of them go collect tire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by aguluobi: 12:56pm On Mar 16
The bullion van was it smuggled from your father's money ? Was the money in the bullion van not his personal money ?

What do you have to say about the bastard and criminal fraudster Peter Pandora Obi that stole ₦250 million monthly from Anambra Secretariat to his warehouse at Orile in Lagos.

The oloriburu n bastard fraudster Peter Obi is who you jester now adore n praise as a saint. If that is not madness I don't know what that is. A man carrying his personal money in bullion van is a fraudster to you but a bastard who stole state fund n was caught red handed by the police is a saint. I wonder what definition of madness is if not what you wrote here

Arobaga:

You people rate Tinubu so much
So you expect a man that smuggled two bullion van in broad day light to his house to fight corruption for you

A known criminal that came from Osun to hold Lagos treasury hostage to fight corruption for you

Since they started hunting on binance Shebi dollar still dey 1600

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by yinkeys(m): 12:57pm On Mar 16
Aboki Fx was manipulating the naira they said shut it down
Now it’s binance

Which company is next
Nigeria is hostile to a lot of 21st century business types it seems
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Blitzking: 12:58pm On Mar 16
Mynd44:
https://politicsnigeria.com/tinubu-seeks-fresh-court-order-to-extend-detention-of-binance-executives/
and exchange rate no even improve I been dey think say e go don drop enter 900 naira.

5 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by aguluobi: 1:01pm On Mar 16
Take your complain to the USA senate

yinkeys:
Aboki Fx was manipulating the naira they said shut it down
Now it’s binance

Which company is next
Nigeria is hostile to a lot of 21st century business types it seems
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by aguluobi: 1:01pm On Mar 16
Why didn't it continue rising since Binance as been stopped

Blitzking:
and exchange rate no even improve I been dey think say e go don drop enter 900 naira.

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Coolestguy2023: 1:04pm On Mar 16
Arobaga:
M

You people rate Tinubu so much

So you expect a man that smuggled two bullion van in broad day light to his house to fight corruption for you

A known criminal that came from Osun to hold Lagos treasury hostage to fight corruption for you

Since they started hunting on binance Shebi dollar still dey 1600

If not that you are a big mugu, don't you know if FG did not take such actions, $1 would have been close to #2500 by now. But because of a dundee, a real ozour that you and your fellow clowns are, you will never have the sense to think in that direction. Mumu, big mumu

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by samguru(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16
Our govt always display their ineptitude in handling issues that may trigger diplomatic conflict.

These two gentlemen flew into Nigeria to honour your invitation and you are treating them like criminals by detaining forever.
We should not forget these people are citizens of one country and their government will not fold their arms forever watching us treating their citizens anyhow.

Govt knows cryptocurrency is a decentralized platform and you cannot know the identities of people you are transacting business with it

Are we saying our CBN and NFIU don't have financial intelligence units to trace the inflows of Naira to Binance platform ni?

If govt can not trace the source of funds to terrorists,what gives them the strong conviction that they can get information about those that transfer money to Binance.

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by YourKarma: 1:05pm On Mar 16
Clowns 🤡, always acting without thinking. You've detained them and nothing to show for it.l, now you're looking to detain them for longer. Eventually, you'll release them and that'll be the end.

Clowns in government

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by YourKarma: 1:07pm On Mar 16
HAH:
They must identify and name all the economy saboteurs, using their platform to undermine the Naira.
Clown. Zero sense, you no get.
Your government is looking for who to blame for their ineptitude and instead of asking them to sit up to their responsibility you're joining them in their blame games.
I'm sure you're among the daft fellows who blamed abokiFX a few years ago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by ivolt: 1:08pm On Mar 16
Okay.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Blitzking: 1:10pm On Mar 16
aguluobi:
Why didn't it continue rising since Binance as been stopped

Binance is not your problem..being clueless as a nation in order to fight corruption is the problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Sammybenzino: 1:16pm On Mar 16
Pls someone should help a brother
So I can eat lunch it is not easy for me ...I went to my teaching job with a hungry stomach and now am feeling dizzy
Pls guys
0708 316 7538
Moniepoint
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Osanoghodua1: 1:17pm On Mar 16
Illegally detaining a USA citizen on the pretense of dialogue will have consequence..

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Calitoscassius(m): 1:20pm On Mar 16
Kelklein:
I have this feeling that the government is taking this height-of-the-moment steps that they would apologise for, later.. I also see all of these as a distraction and shifting blames for your irrespónsibilities..

There should be a more diplomatic way of handling this..

I recall how the past government was hounding Aboki Fx for causing the daily devaluation of the Naira then.. Naira was just around N380 at that time.. same Naira today is over N1600.. it was all a distraction to shift blame for their irrespónsibility..

The government should take 100% responsibility for the woes of the Naira.. policy somersault, not thinking through before making policy pronouncements, lack of palliatives to cushion adverse effects of policy pronouncements leading to uncontrolled inflation, dearth of productive activities, poor industrialisation, grand corruption, budget padding.. all these negative vices contribute to further kíll the Naira and the economy..

Enough with the distractions..
Makes so much sense, i agree %1000 they are just chasing shadows, eventually they will apologise and pay huge compensations through the back door to these men they are holding against their wishes and that would bring foward the complete crash and end of the naira.

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by omenka1: 1:20pm On Mar 16
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by ivolt: 1:24pm On Mar 16
Tealcrestmedia:
This can be like a two edged sword and have a negative effect on investor confidence. If there are charges, charge them quickly or let them go on bail. You can't be detaining someone for over a month and you're yet to build your case, it's really not good. You can release them on bail and have custody of their travel documents. Apart from the money laundering allegations (no kyc for top users, because it's obviously crypto and that's how it works), I don't think there's any other huge crime in running an exchange platform.

They should remember too that we have Nigerian entrepreneurs looking to do business globally.

You are mostly correct.
But the part about top users not having KYC is definitely not true.
In fact, top users are subjected to more stringent KYC and scrutiny than low volume traders.
Crypto doesn't mean no KYC. People who don't want KYC don't join centralised exchanges,

What the FG wants is that Binance gives it all the data of Nigerian users so that it can find at least one person
who violates one law and maybe force some to give up their assets. Similar to how they arrests hundreds
of Yahoo boys on the suspicion of owning a laptop and then charging very few of them.

In order to establish money laundering, the government has to prove that the source of funds are illegitimate.
Since Binance doesn't accept cash, the investigation should have started from Nigerian banks which is the
gateway for Nigeria based crypto payments. If the government is really trying to fight money laundering,
it should start with the accounts of BDC operators.

By now, the FG should have one suspect's name even without Binance assistance since it has access to
all Nigerian banking transactions. But they are still waiting on Binance.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by MrDoGood(m): 1:24pm On Mar 16
How much are they installing one street light again?

Joke of a country grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Calitoscassius(m): 1:25pm On Mar 16
Naigeerian government are chasing shadows, they will regret hugely for holding these 2 men against their wills, they d end up paying huge amount of money in compensations to these men with apologies. grin

Let me grab my popcorn and watch
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by stano2(m): 1:26pm On Mar 16
excellentj4teal:

Stop acting like an illiterate. Fix your constitution and stop crying. The constitution gives the president little or no power over the judiciary. Who can fix the constitution? The same judiciary
You are the illiterate here. Keep giving excuses for a corrupt Nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by otokx(m): 1:28pm On Mar 16
They will never forget Nigeria.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Krankhead: 1:29pm On Mar 16
stano2:
I wish FG can take on the fight against corruption this way but NO.
400million naira for one borehole.
Say something good for once. These guys are also in big trouble in America, American citizens are not calling their govt Names for that. But Nigerians Will complain about everything.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Krankhead: 1:30pm On Mar 16
Calitoscassius:
Naigeerian government are chasing shadows, they will regret hugely for holding these 2 men against their wills, they d end up paying huge amount of money in compensations to these men with apologies. grin

Let me grab my popcorn and watch
Stop your nonsense. Say something positive abt yoyr country for once. The recklessness of the guys is just too much.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Jayhome24: 1:31pm On Mar 16
They should pay for their sins because in their country dem no born Nigrian to penetrate their financial institution these much then they will tag Nigerians criminals and jump to the street to attack or deport any Nigerian at sight.

Gone are Buhari days where dunce are the ones that filled the cabinet with a Minister of Education who shamelessly came out to say he doesn't even "understand what education sector is all about" and another idiot from ubima went to signed Nigeria sovereignty with China in Chinesse language to build some useless train shit.

Detain them more every dick and Harry taken advantage of our porous system too much. Enough of it and for those of you crying about this pls cry more, Binance is dead and that is it, we give no f u c k, the reform must be completed plus you minus you all.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by stano2(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16
Krankhead:
Say something good for once. These guys are also in big trouble in America, American citizens are not calling their govt Names for that. But Nigerians Will complain about everything.
Did I complain?
I said I wish Naija government will also fight corruption this way.

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by lexy2014: 1:39pm On Mar 16
Jayhome24:
They should pay for their sins because in their country dem no born [b]Nigrian [/b]to penetrate their financial institution these much then they will tag Nigerians criminals and jump to the street to attack or deport any Nigerian at sight.

Gone are Buhari days where dunce are the ones that filled the cabinet with a Minister of Education who shamelessly came out to say he doesn't even "understand what education sector is all about" and another idiot from ubima went to signed Nigeria sovereignty with China in Chinesse language to build some useless train shit.

Detain them more every dick and Harry taken advantage of our porous system too much. Enough of it and for those of you crying about this pls cry more, Binance is dead and that is it, we give no f u c k, the reform must be completed plus you minus you all.

what are their sins?

which financial institution was penetrated?

you are calling people dunce and see your spelling of the highlighted.

how are the ministers of this present administration better than those in buharis cabinet?
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by lexy2014: 1:39pm On Mar 16
Krankhead:

how is this something good?
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by FireUpNow(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16
Is it Binance that aided senators padding the budget? Is Binance that keeps borrowing and devaluing the naira against the dollars? Will the detention of Binance executives stop looting and broad day light corruption in Nigeria. This government is up to something else o cover up of some top secrets is playing out.

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by LordAdam16: 1:39pm On Mar 16
Osanoghodua1:
Illegally detaining a USA citizen on the pretense of dialogue will have consequence..

Not quite.
Binance is in the crosshairs of the US and the UK.
As long as the government doesn't treat them shabbily, and does not restrict their access to Embassy officials and legal reps, they can keep the execs for a few weeks yet.
The UK and US can put a stop to the incarceration whenever they want to.
Lots of potential asymmetrical responses on the table.

The major consequence of this episode is that Binance is the most government-friendly non-US CEX and the Nigerian government just made an enemy out of them. The other CEXs serving the Nigerian market will trash every correspondence from the Nigerian government.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by Calitoscassius(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16
Krankhead:
Stop your nonsense. Say something positive abt yoyr country for once. The recklessness of the guys is just too much.
It doesn't matter what i say either positive or negative it wouldn't change the country's economy situation or the crash of the naira. grin grin if saying something positive would resolve the problems Pastor Adeboye's so called prayers for the country woulda done the job.

The Naigeerian government are more corrupt that these men, that is if the 2 men are even guilty of
anything and if they are, which i doubt they are,who do you think enabled them to commit whatever crimes they have ALLEGEDLY commited? grin grin

These goverment are completely clueless. Believe it or not, an economy is not run by me saying something positive about the country.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh Court Order To Extend Detention Of Binance Executives by aguluobi: 1:42pm On Mar 16
Binance is also not the USA problem... Being clueful as a nation in order to fight corruption is the problem. This is why the USA is after same binance just as many other countries.

Blitzking:

Binance is not your problem..being clueless as a nation in order to fight corruption is the problem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Doing Business With 300,000 Naira Capital? / GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer / EFCC Obtains Court Order To Track Nigerians Transacting On Binance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.