Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers (11418 Views)

Abawulor Moses Omenka: Fake Doctor Apprehended In Ogun State / 60-Year-Old Fake Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patients Arrested In FCT / Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Kuginzi: 5:04pm On Mar 16
By Adetutu Sobawale

The Nigerian Medical Association in Rivers State said it has arrested one Echi Michael, who has been posing and practising as a medical doctor in the state for over two years.

The NMA, in a statement signed by the State Secretary, Dr Hope Avundaa, in Port Harcourt on Saturday, said Michael, a graduate of Banking and Finance from the Cross River State University of Technology, was nabbed by its anti-quackery committee.

Avundaa said the suspect fraudulently applied for the NMA Rivers State Identity Card with fake documents, including a fake MBBS Certificate from the University of Port Harcourt in 2017, and a fake MDCN full registration certificate in 2023 which were found to be falsified.

He added that Michael was arrested on Friday after a period of active surveillance when he appeared for an interview for the post of Medical Officer at Port Harcourt Military Hospital, a place he has paraded himself as a staff member during his application for the NMA ID Card.

The statement read, “The Anti-quackery Committee led by the Chairman NMA, Rivers State, Dr. Ebbi Robinson: Secretary, Dr. Hope Avundaa and VC2 Dr. Edmund Anufuro effected the arrest and detention of Mr. Echi Igbo Michael, a graduate of Banking and Finance (CRUTECH) who has been parading himself and practising for over two years in Rivers State as a medical doctor.

“Tip-off of his crime came to light after he fraudulently applied for NMA Rivers State ID Card with falsified documents which include a fake MBBS Certificate from University of Port Harcourt (2017), a fake MDCN full Registration Certificate (2023) which were found to be falsified.

"Mr. Echi Michael was apprehended today after a period of active surveillance when he appeared for an interview for the post of Medical Officer at Port Harcourt Military Hospital, a place he has paraded himself as a staff during his application for NMA ID Card.”

He added that Michael would be prosecuted, saying, “The culprit has been arrested for prosecution. We thank the authorities of the military hospital for their cooperation.”

Stakeholders in the medical profession have lamented the activities of quacks parading themselves as professionals in the health sector.

In February, some stakeholders attributed the training of auxiliary nurses by private doctors as one of the greatest factors fueling quackery in the country’s health sector.

In February, some stakeholders attributed the training of auxiliary nurses by private doctors as one of the greatest factors fueling quackery in the country’s health sector

They, however, declared that the menace of quackery cannot be contained if such practise is not checked while calling on the government at all levels to take the necessary actions to end the menace.

https://punchng.com/nma-arrests-fake-doctor-in-rivers/?amp

1 Like

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by McStoic(m): 5:25pm On Mar 16
Yeah......First to comment since this year. Congratulations to me, every Obidient and people of goodwill. Your prayers for me made this happen. To the mods, how do you intend to send my prize? Through DHL abi POS? grin grin

Quack doctors will always thrive where some lazy folks find it hard to pay the price of excellence

5 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by 4tomandchi: 5:26pm On Mar 16
I like the guys boldness but going to a military hospital to do it is what I don’t understand. Abi the guy think say him be Akpabio wey go pad budget and go free appropriate 193M to drill one borehole and no protest from the youths

25 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by PheelzAlmighty: 5:27pm On Mar 16
Fake country,
Fake president,
Fake product,
Fake everything,
Fake doctors...

Why so surprised grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by richard870(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16
Smh
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Donedeal1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 16
Fake doctor
Fake soldiers
Fake police
Fake man
Fake woman

Hope Nigeria
Will not turn to
Fake land.

4 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Namaster: 5:29pm On Mar 16
The Nigerian Health sector has been SEVERELY compromised.

The REAL Doctors have either japa'd or resort to harvesting organs from unsuspecting patients.

Now a graduate of Banking and Finance from a third-rate university is parading himself as a Medical Doctor and prescribing god-knows-what to sick people.

A total overhaul is required.

5 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Duelee: 5:30pm On Mar 16
grin
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by yourmesprings(m): 5:30pm On Mar 16
What else is not fake in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Misterc(m): 5:30pm On Mar 16
Its not surprising the level of confidence he has in himself to go to the military hospital to apply as a medical doctor.... He forget say the Nigerian military will verify u to ur 4th and 5th generations before they approve ur application.....

What do u expect when Tinubu also falsified his whole documents and our judiciary looked the other way because they're much more corrupt than the average Nigerian.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by jericco1(m): 5:30pm On Mar 16
Just imagine of all fields

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by bigdammyj: 5:32pm On Mar 16
Noted.
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by nothingspoil70: 5:33pm On Mar 16
Echi, Igbo, Michael.
Hmmmm!!!
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by AllahOfBlood: 5:36pm On Mar 16
grin
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Strafudeen: 5:38pm On Mar 16
Tinubu sef
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Nebes: 5:42pm On Mar 16
Military hospital of all places??
This guy is probably not mentally okay.

3 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Moniya4Real(m): 5:45pm On Mar 16
Congrats! But bro, what do i need to do to attain this feat cos from your post, you already knew you were the first to comment. This i do not understand. pls, explain and congrats once again.

McStoic:
Yeah......First to comment since this year. Congratulations to me, every Obidient and people of goodwill. Your prayers for me made this happen. To the mods, how do you intend to send my prize? Through DHL abi POS? grin grin

Quack doctors will always thrive where some lazy fold find it hard to pay the price of excellence
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Basic123: 5:46pm On Mar 16
Misterc:
Its not surprising the level of confidence he has in himself to go to the military hospital to apply as a medical doctor.... He forget say the Nigerian military will verify u to ur 4th and 5th generations before they approve ur application.....

What do u expect when Tinubu also falsified his whole documents and our judiciary looked the other way because they're much more corrupt than the average Nigerian.....

24 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by israelmao(m): 5:48pm On Mar 16
Simple technology will resolve the activities of quacks,NMA should harmonize the national database of licenced medical practitioners simple search will expose the genuine ones.Just imagine a graduate of banking and finance practising medicine what is the relationship?
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Judolisco(m): 5:57pm On Mar 16
Dis one get mind oh... E carry fake certificate go find work for military hospital... Most of them studied community health science
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Jman06(m): 5:58pm On Mar 16
There are many of his kind still parading themselves as qualified physicians in this country..NMA should pay attention to fishing out such quacks and dealing with them instead of fighting other health workers who are not fighting them!

Like reported in this news, private medical facilities who train the so called auxiliary nurses are the major causes of quackery jn Nigeria's healthcare system. Instead of employing qualified nurses and other healthcare professionals, they'll rather continue to downgrade the roles of other health professionals by employing quacks to take the place of professionals. Later these same doctors in private practices would start complaining about medical quackery.

Another major cause of medical quackery jn Nigeria is the uncontrolled and chaotic drug distribution system which allows everybody access to all classes of drugs and medical consumables. If drugs distribution system in the country is properly regulated, it'll go a long way in checking medical quackery because those quacks start by doing trial and error with different classes of drugs. This is why it is important for Nigerian physicians and Pharmacists to cooperate and respect each other's roles in healthcare as doing so would go a long way in keeping quacks away.

6 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by PropertyBuying(f): 6:01pm On Mar 16
They continue to clamp down on them.
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Houseofglam7(f): 6:05pm On Mar 16
His guts tho!!!!!
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:08pm On Mar 16
Some people just get some kind mind grin
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by McStoic(m): 6:08pm On Mar 16
Moniya4Real:

Congrats! But bro, what do i need to do to attain this feat cos from your post, you already knew you were the first to comment. This i do not understand. pls, explain and congrats once again.

Lol
I modified my first comment when I realised I was the first to comment after posting my first comment

1 Like

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Misterc(m): 6:15pm On Mar 16
[quote author=Basic123 post=128959481][/quote]

U Don Chop Today......??

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by AbujaLagos: 6:22pm On Mar 16
PheelzAlmighty:
Fake country,
Fake president,
Fake product,
Fake everything,
Fake doctors...

Why so surprised grin
fake for for comment
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Rumundele(m): 6:27pm On Mar 16
What is not fake in this country? The man in aso rock submitted fake result to contest for number one citizens and he won any how
This doctor has been practicing this profession since so his perfect in it.
In Nigeria someone study economic from one open university i don't even know if he graduated properly but today he is a rotating equipment engineer fighting everybody causing problems everywhere.
If you must arrest start from the top thank you.

2 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Blitzking: 7:03pm On Mar 16
In February, some stakeholders attributed the training of auxiliary nurses by private doctors as one of the greatest factors fueling quackery in the country’s health sector
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by blowjohn(m): 7:06pm On Mar 16
Kuginzi:

https://punchng.com/nma-arrests-fake-doctor-in-rivers/?amp

That is one aspect.

The one that annoys me the most is lab scientists and pharmacists parading themselves as doctors and carrying stethoscopes around.

And full grown adult nigerians who shud know better will enter a pharmacy or medical lab and call the staff there doctors.

U will hear something like:
Doctor abeg I wan do malaria test( to a lab scientist o)

And the bastard pharmacists and lab scientists will answer them as tho they are doctors and be driving around town with a stethoscope!

Imagine lab scientist telling someone to always take paracetamol with his antibiotics so that he won't feel weak!

And those nurses giving injections anyhow to anyone that has malaria as if it's a standard; and even try to treat sickle cell disease patients in serious crises inside the pharmacy.

Nigerians better wake up o.
Thru wud rather use money to build houses than treat themselves we'll when sick...

3 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Moniya4Real(m): 7:08pm On Mar 16
👍
McStoic:

Lol
I modified my first comment when I realised I was the first to comment after posting my first comment
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Zico5(m): 7:19pm On Mar 16
Can u imagine the number of people this one must have destroyed because he want to make it by all means. He believes that the slogan of his people is money is money irrespective of how the money is made. May God Almighty continue to protect us from people like this. They are many like that in this country. They don't care whose horse is gored so far money is involved.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? / Cross Rivers' NMA Suspends Strike, Joins COVID-19 Fight / What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.