Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers (11425 Views)

Abawulor Moses Omenka: Fake Doctor Apprehended In Ogun State / 60-Year-Old Fake Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patients Arrested In FCT / Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Jman06(m): 7:31pm On Mar 16
blowjohn:

That is one aspect.

The one that annoys me the most is lab scientists and pharmacists parading themselves as doctors and carrying stethoscopes around.

And full grown adult nigerians who shud know better will enter a pharmacy or medical lab and call the staff there doctors.

U will hear something like:
Doctor abeg I wan do malaria test( to a lab scientist o)

And the bastard pharmacists and lab scientists will answer them as tho they are doctors and be driving around town with a stethoscope!

Imagine lab scientist telling someone to always take paracetamol with his antibiotics so that he won't feel weak!

And those nurses giving injections anyhow to anyone that has malaria as if it's a standard; and even try to treat sickle cell disease patients in serious crises inside the pharmacy.

Nigerians better wake up o.
Thru wud rather use money to build houses than treat themselves we'll when sick...
You're a full for making the above comment!

For the records, Pharmacists are comfortable in their profession and don't wish to be physicians. Except for the introduction of the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) which is now the minimum requirement for licensure as a Pharmacist all over the world, Pharmacists were comfortable being addressed as Pharmacists! Now only Pharmacists who have pharmD rightly bear the doctor title. Or are you saying that medical graduates with MBBS (non doctorate) degree can bear doctor title while a Pharmacist with Pharm.D shouldn't Because it bruises your fragile ego PharmD has come to stay and the earlier you come to terms with that the better for you. I'm very sure that your type will find it very difficult practicing abroad because your insecurity could make you go and say rubbish to a doctor of Pharmacy in your medical team abroad and that would get you kicked out of the system over there!

For your information, the stethoscope is just a point of care apparatus that can be used by any healthcare professional to check vital signs of a patient. It is even used at home by patients and their relatives to monitor blood pressure. It is not part of your uniforms as physicians!

Go and read the roles of Pharmacists in primary healthcare, you'll see that they're also permitted by laws to help patients monitor their vitals. Some of you just open your mouths and embarrass yourselves and the medical profession when you make daft comments like you made above. Let me inform you that all the roles of Pharmacists are clearly spelt out in various laws and not even your insecurity can stop them from carrying out their roles.

3 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Pootle: 7:43pm On Mar 16
my problem is how maney are out there undecided
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Franktom247(m): 8:15pm On Mar 16
What did I just read
If your prescription has harmed someone in anyway may God deal with you accordingly
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by sunsweet33: 8:28pm On Mar 16
Jman06:

For your information, the stethoscope is just a point of care apparatus that can be used by any healthcare professional to check vital signs of a patient. It is even used at home by patients and their relatives to monitor blood pressure. It is not part of your uniforms as physicians!

I enjoyed reading your submission and your passion is evident, but the fact remains that a pharmacist wearing a stethoscope is patently ridiculous.
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by blowjohn(m): 8:33pm On Mar 16
Jman06:
You're a full for making the above comment!

For the records, Pharmacists are comfortable in their profession and don't wish to be physicians. Except for the introduction of the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) which is now the minimum requirement for licensure as a Pharmacist all over the world, Pharmacists were comfortable being addressed as Pharmacists! Now only Pharmacists who have pharmD rightly bear the doctor title. Or are you saying that medical graduates with MBBS (non doctorate) degree can bear doctor title while a Pharmacist with Pharm.D shouldn't Because it bruises your fragile ego PharmD has come to stay and the earlier you come to terms with that the better for you. I'm very sure that your type will find it very difficult practicing abroad because your insecurity could make you go and say rubbish to a doctor of Pharmacy in your medical team abroad and that would get you kicked out of the system over there!

Go and read the roles of Pharmacists in primary healthcare, you'll see that they're also permitted by laws to help patients monitor their vitals. Some of you just open your mouths and embarrass yourselves and the medical profession when you make daft comments like you made above. Let me inform you that all the roles of Pharmacists are clearly spelt out in various laws and not even your insecurity can stop them from carrying out their roles.

Ur a bigger fool for not being in tune with reality!

How many pharmacists in ur area have the pharmaD degree?

Am telling u about something I see everyday ur here talking trash!

How many lab scientists know how to use the stethoscope?

How many pharmacists know how to use the stethoscope?

That's why u guys keep prescribng nonsense and keep urging those quack nurses to dish out injections anyhow.

U want to pretend that the lab scientists and pharmacists carry stethoscope around so they can check vitals abi??

Mehn just imagine.

All my life, even in the largest pharmacies in the country av or come across pharmacist who put the stethoscope to use!

So what are u carrying it about for?

A patient will come in for BP issues and after a couple of questions u prescribe drugs!

Which bloody vitals do u guys check?
The only thing u do is use the BP measuring machine.

Abeg stay in ur lane and stop Interfering.

See how u shot urself in the leg.

Who told u stethoscope is used for 'monitoring blood pressure'?

Shey u see ur self?

Shey u see why u shud also be arrested too? grin grin
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Jman06(m): 8:55pm On Mar 16
blowjohn:

Ur a bigger fool for not being in tune with reality!

How many pharmacists in ur area have the pharmaD degree?

Am telling u about something I see everyday ur here talking trash!

How many lab scientists know how to use the stethoscope?

How many pharmacists know how to use the stethoscope?

That's why u guys keep prescribng nonsense and keep urging those quack nurses to dish out injections anyhow.

U want to pretend that the lab scientists and pharmacists carry stethoscope around so they can check vitals abi??

Mehn just imagine.

All my life, even in the largest pharmacies in the country av or come across pharmacist who put the stethoscope to use!

So what are u carrying it about for?

A patient will come in for BP issues and after a couple of questions u prescribe drugs!

Which bloody vitals do u guys check?
The only thing u do is use the BP measuring machine.

Abeg stay in ur lane and stop Interfering.

See how u shot urself in the leg.

Who told u stethoscope is used for 'monitoring blood pressure'?

Shey u see ur self?

Shey u see why u shud also be arrested too? grin grin

I'm even talking to an obvious ignoramus who doesn't know that a stethoscope is used alongside a sphygmomanometer to check blood pressure and determine heart rate. Not everybody uses digital sphygmomanometer because of the tendency to give false results! I personally prefer using my normal Mercury sphygmomanometer and steth. Yes! I do that all the time to help patients monitor their blood pressures in my Pharmacy!

You're probably an overzealous 200level medical student who thinks every other healthcare professional is there to compete with medical doctors! Don't worry, you'll soon grow in training to know that everybody is on their lane and that no Pharmacist is stopping the serious ones from excelling in medical practice.

I don't know why y'all live in perpetual fear of Pharmacists despite all our efforts to make your works easier. Honestly, there's urgent need for a reorientation of our physicians from medical schools up to the highest level! Y'all need to have your minds disabused to stop thinking that Pharmacists are your problems! Stop the insecurity!!! This is how y'all make hospital Pharmacists walk on egg shells in public hospitals by using the CMDs to lie to government against Pharmacists!

I pray the average Nigerian medical doctor realizes sooner than later that Pharmacists are not your problems!
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Jman06(m): 9:00pm On Mar 16
sunsweet33:

I enjoyed reading your submission and your passion is evident, but the fact remains that a pharmacist wearing a stethoscope is patently ridiculous.
No Pharmacist even wears stethoscope about like that foolish poster stated. I personally don't wear it because Pharmacists have their professional symbol which comprises a ceramic pestle in a mortar. I prefer that as a symbol than a stethoscope.

1 Like

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by sunsweet33: 9:14pm On Mar 16
Jman06:
No Pharmacist even wears stethoscope about like that foolish poster stated. I personally don't wear it because Pharmacists have their professional symbol which comprises a ceramic pestle in a mortar. I prefer that as a symbol than a stethoscope.

Okay. Ride on, Sir. Keep it up 👍

1 Like

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by blowjohn(m): 9:20pm On Mar 16
Jman06:
I'm even talking to an obvious ignoramus who doesn't know that a stethoscope is used alongside a sphygmomanometer to check blood pressure and determine heart rate. Not everybody uses digital sphygmomanometer because of the tendency to give false results! I personally prefer using my normal Mercury sphygmomanometer and steth. Yes! I do that all the time to help patients monitor their blood pressures in my Pharmacy!

You're probably an overzealous 200level medical student who thinks every other healthcare professional is there to compete with medical doctors! Don't worry, you'll soon grow in training to know that everybody is on their lane and that no Pharmacist is stopping the serious ones from excelling in medical practice.

I don't know why y'all live in perpetual fear of Pharmacists despite all our efforts to make your works easier. Honestly, there's urgent need for a reorientation of our physicians from medical schools up to the highest level! Y'all need to have your minds disabused to stop thinking that Pharmacists are your problems! Stop the insecurity!!! This is how y'all make hospital Pharmacists walk on egg shells in public hospitals by using the CMDs to lie to government against Pharmacists!

I pray the average Nigerian medical doctor realizes sooner than later that Pharmacists are not your problems!

Ur not a straight forward human.

U said the stethoscope is used for measuring blood pressure and I made u realize that ur terribly wrong.

Now u went to Google or whatever source to find out the truth and still got everything muddled up.

U don't even know the mechanisms behind digital blood pressure machines.

And saying they can give one ' false' reading is nonsense. It means u don't use it often.

Even u saying the stethoscope is used in conjunction with the BP measuring machine to check heart rate still shows that u shud stick your area of prescribing and dispensing drugs.

U don't even know it's primary use.

U were not able to prove me wrong that most pharmacists in pharmacy stores don't have the pharmaD degree.
And that they don't know how to use the stethoscope.

Ur trying to make it look like the pharmarD or whatever extra to ur pharmacy degree automatically makes u understand medical issues the way a doctor does.

Just go rest and stay in ur lane.

U even cud not tell me why a pharmacist why answer as a doctor when an ignorant customer wants to get drugs! grin grin grin

Because u pharmacist want to create an impression that ur as close to a doctor or same as a doctor in terms of medical knowledge.

Funny enough, we doctors never one day claim we know drugs more than u guys.

But ur here telling me that a stethoscope is used for measuring blood pressure grin grin grin
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Jman06(m): 9:32pm On Mar 16
blowjohn:

U said the stethoscope is used for measuring blood pressure and I made u realize that ur terribly wrong.

Now u went to Google or whatever source to find out the truth and still got everything muddled up.

And saying they can give one ' false' reading is nonsense. It means u don't use it often.

Even u saying the stethoscope is used in conjunction with the BP measuring machine to check heart rate still shows that u shud stick your area of prescribing and dispensing drugs.

U were not able to prove me wrong that most pharmacists in pharmacy stores don't have the pharmaD degree.

Ur trying to make it look like the pharmarD or whatever extra to ur pharmacy degree automatically makes u understand medical issues the way a doctor does.

U even cud not tell me why a pharmacist why answer as a doctor when an ignorant customer wants to get drugs! grin grin grin

Because u pharmacist want to create an impression that ur as close to a doctor or same as a doctor in terms of medical knowledge.

But ur here telling me that a stethoscope is used for measuring blood pressure grin grin grin

Mtchhhheeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwweweweeeewwwwwwwwww! I won't exchange words with your level again. I have reasonable and thoroughbred medical doctors I interact with, not your level. 200-300level medical students seriously need reorientation in this country on how to relate with other healthcare professionals. I remember that as a pharmacy student we did a full course on interprofessional relationships, such courses are clearly not taken by medical students.

2 Likes

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by blowjohn(m): 9:47pm On Mar 16
Jman06:
Mtchhhheeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwweweweeeewwwwwwwwww! I won't exchange words with your level again. I have reasonable and thoroughbred medical doctors I interact with, not your level. 200-300level medical students seriously need reorientation in this country on how to relate with other healthcare professionals. I remember that as a pharmacy student we did a full course on interprofessional relationships, such courses are clearly not taken by medical students.

Use the course to treat patients na grin shocked
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by adewale408: 9:57pm On Mar 16
fake for for commentfake for for comment...
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by Thanks18(m): 10:13pm On Mar 16
blowjohn:

It's enough. You have aired your view and you can't shut him up from airing his which is within the scope of his profession. He stated that stethoscope is use along with sphg to check blood pressure and he is right. There are other uses of stethoscope like checking of breath sounds which might be outside his scope. So shield your sword, every sound health practitioner knows his area and is maintaining it

1 Like

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by blowjohn(m): 10:33pm On Mar 16
Thanks18:

It's enough. You have aired your view and you can't shut him up from airing his which is within the scope of his profession. He stated that stethoscope is use along with sphg to check blood pressure and he is right. There are other uses of stethoscope like checking of breath sounds which might be outside his scope. So shield your sword, every sound health practitioner knows his area and is maintaining it

He stated wrongfully that stethoscope is used for measuring blood pressure. He hasn't denied it. Was that what was he was taught? Cos he claimed( inferred) that pharmacists with the doctorate degree know alot about medicine. Since u say he aired his views within the ambit of his profession how come he said such a wrong comment?

It was after I pointed it out that he came back to rectify his comment.

U shud scold him for not admitting he was very wrong the first time. Anyone in the forum cud pick that up and think it's true.

Let's face realities on ground.
Those are the things I listed. Those are the things av seen. It doesn't make any pharmacist less of a pharmacist but it smacks of deceit.

U know why? Sooner or later someone will approach a doctor and say ' one doctor gave me so and so drug. ' and they do that a lot.

When u ask where they tell u it was at a local chemist shop or pharmacy. What's hard in letting them know that they are not doctors?

This thing is very rampant. A huge percentage of the average Nigerian dont know these basics of who is who in healthcare.

If I came online and said that ciprofloxacin is taken 500mg three times a day, won't he, the pharmacist be alarmed?

If he corrects me, does that make me less of a doctor?

I even pointed out that I see lab scientists with stethoscopes in their cars; some hang them in their lab. Then people go to them for medical treatment and they dole out same.

Constructive arguments. Not ego filled claims.

Peace

1 Like

Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by mokolade21845: 8:48am On Mar 17
fake for for commentfake for for comment...
Re: NMA Arrests Fake Doctor In Rivers by zoomzoom(m): 9:33am On Mar 17
[quote author=Jman06 post=128959640]There are many of his kind still parading themselves as qualified physicians in this country..NMA should pay attention to fishing out such quacks and dealing with them instead of fighting other health workers who are not fighting them!

Like reported in this news, private medical facilities who train the so called auxiliary nurses are the major causes of quackery jn Nigeria's healthcare system. Instead of employing qualified nurses and other healthcare professionals, they'll rather continue to downgrade the roles of other health professionals by employing quacks to take the place of professionals. Later these same doctors in private practices would start complaining about medical quackery.

Another major cause of medical quackery jn Nigeria is the uncontrolled and chaotic drug distribution system which allows everybody access to all classes of drugs and medical consumables. If drugs distribution system in the country is properly regulated, it'll go a long way in checking medical quackery because those quacks start by doing trial and error with different classes of drugs. This is why it is important for Nigerian physicians and Pharmacists to cooperate and respect each other's roles in healthcare as doing so would go a long way in keeping quacks away.

The most cerebral comment i have seen on this matter ever.
Kudos!!.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Health Workers Flee From Suspected Lassa Fever Patient. / Why Is Obesity Growing Out Of Proportion? / 1st Monkeypox Case In US This Year Reported In Massachusetts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.