Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. (32496 Views)

How To Recover Your Money Back After Making A Wrong Transfer (tested) / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Mandate1: 2:40pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

I created this thread to know how to get the money back to the sender. Spending it is not on my agenda.

Thank you so much!
pls don't attempt to spend it. Avoid dat temptation.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by EvansU: 2:40pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:
I woke up this morning to what seems to be a wrong transfer made to my account, from a supermarket named Light Supermarket.

I waited all day to see if I'd get a call from someone, acknowledging the transaction error, but none came in.

The money still dey my account like this as I dey type so. It's not a very huge sum, but it's not small either. My eyes don dey look am one kind o. Please anyone who knows someone from that supermarket should tell them.

LIGHT SUPERMARKET, that's the only information I have.

Your bank will contact you.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by sainttyayo(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17
Gadafii:
If you know what’s good for you and value your peace of mind, don’t spend 1 kobo from that money, eventually the supermarket would find out about the wrong transfer and complain at their bank and the bank would initiate Post no debit (PND) on the recipient account which is you, they interbank means and you may be requested to show at the bank, incase you have spent it… it may be escalated to cbn and your BVN is used to blacklist all your bank accounts

Best thing is to report to your bank and let them contact the sender on your behalf but don’t transfer the money to the bank, insist the transfer must be made to the sender or you speak with the supermarket

But incase you have strength for wahala you can g ahead and spend it hoping the owner don’t find out cos if they do, wahala go full ground for you

Modified…..

I see some of you are quoting me saying bull crap and all, because I advised him not to spend it..it is well oo

Someone said he’s already looking at the money one kind and you are saying he won’t spend it

If he like make he spend am. There are two possible outcome, he either get away with that or get blacklisted

I doubt if he would prefer the later, because the chances of the former is very slim
2 wrong transfers transactions were done last year to my from GTBank account. One to GTBank and other to Palmpay account which I reported to GTBank but up till now GTBank had refused to answer me. What is the way forward
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by lagonovo: 2:40pm On Mar 17
These are kids who have never seen much in real life but think they are grown because of internet access. Sometimes I wish Nigeria could have random 4 years of military rule after every 16 years of democracy. The indiscipline is too much.

Shikena:
Just one Olopa slap with sun-beaten dry hand at the police interrogation room will reset your brain, you think this is a social media skit shey? grin

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Rumundele(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17
abba190:
thank you so much bro, i am the staff working there that made the transfer pls return the money into this accoint 2122816178 zenith bank thank you
You don't even know how to do it. I know you very well you worked in logistic company.
You are not a thief so don't start it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Chasito(m): 2:43pm On Mar 17
How some people do such silly mistakes dey surprise me sometimes, abi dem no dey look the account name, while attempting to make transfer? undecided
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Mandate1: 2:45pm On Mar 17
KingAzubuike:

Nigerians too dey fear. All this talks of not spending money wrongfully paid into your account na bullshít. If you are smart and have a good lawyer, nothing will happen. They only prey on the weak and once they sense fear in you, they'll capitalise on it.
dey play. Your lawyer will eat you dry, and you'll still refund the money.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by McLizbae: 2:48pm On Mar 17
With how much kwa grin
Starboytwo:
Runaway

Do face surgery

Japa
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by blowjohn(m): 2:50pm On Mar 17
If to say u get correct business that can give u returns under 24 hours. It's possible to triple the money Nd send back to ur account.

No blames. Money cannot be lying fallow like that.

It feels wrong tho.

This is my experience. I once was expecting some big money like that. The money came in.
But I noticed the money I withdrew the money for its purpose, it seemed as if the money was increasing or not reducing( this happened over a course of 3 days or so)

But I was able to do more that I wanted with the money being intact at various times.

By the time the money was removed or debited, I had more than accomplished my aims.

Note: there was no alert to the extra money.
In fact alerts were coming in erratically.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Emaprince: 2:52pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:
I woke up this morning to what seems to be a wrong transfer made to my account, from a supermarket named Light Supermarket.

I waited all day to see if I'd get a call from someone, acknowledging the transaction error, but none came in.

The money still dey my account like this as I dey type so. It's not a very huge sum, but it's not small either. My eyes don dey look am one kind o. Please anyone who knows someone from that supermarket should tell them.

Walk to your bank tomorrow. Ask them to reverse it back to the source...that it was a wrongly transfered i to your account.

What if some bad guys hacked the supermarkets account and some how mistakenly sent some to your account? What if you are arrested tomorrow for something uou know nothing about? Dont be here thinking like a typcal Nigerian that exploits opportunitues to cause other people pain

2 years ago, I received 50k into my acciunt from an unknown igbo man. I waited and nobody showed up or called me..after a few days, I went to the bank and asked them to reverse it back to the source.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by nairalanda1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 17
abba190:
thank you so much bro, i am the staff working there that made the transfer pls return the money into this accoint 2122816178 zenith bank thank you
Pinicop:

Pls send the money to me. If they blacklisted or arrested you, tell them you sent it to me. I'll give you my details, including videos and photos.

The above is why Nigeria get issues.

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by haphizz57(m): 2:55pm On Mar 17
Bank money no be money wey person fit chop. U fit chop am for d main time. Honestly u go vomit am forcefully. Which lawyer wan defend u wey go fit defeat bank. How much is d money?

1 Like

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Mandate1: 2:59pm On Mar 17
[quote author=Osanoghodua1 post=128969843]Go to your Bank requesting for the sender's account number, then go to the sender's bank and ask them to call him, simple Infopol search will review the phone number. Call them person and declare the money but you must send it back to the sender's account with the same name.[/mquote]continue, infopool....
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Mandate1: 3:00pm On Mar 17
Osanoghodua1:
Go to your Bank requesting for the sender's account number, then go to the sender's bank and ask them to call him, simple Infopol search will review the phone number. Call them person and declare the money but you must send it back to the sender's account with the same name.
continue, infopool...
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by BigDawsNet: 3:00pm On Mar 17
Chicagograduate:
Nigeria police?

Yea, alongside partnership with Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Oova(m): 3:03pm On Mar 17
Starboytwo:
Runaway

Do face surgery

Japa

On top how much ? 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Goalnaldo(m): 3:03pm On Mar 17
Someone like me that is owing a loan of 40k, if 100k mistakenly enters my account and the 40k got deducted, will I be asked to refund it?
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Azazyel: 3:03pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

You don't need to threaten him.
He can spend the money and get away with it.
He can claim he was also expecting transfers from other sources.

The only thing they can do is wait till he has enough to refund them (if at all he wants to)
Individuals are responsible for wrong transfers and not the receiving account details.

Bank doesn't have that kind of patience. They'll blacklist his BVN and then come for him physically with police if he fails to show up. I've seen it before. It happened to a woman in my street then. She had to move out of the street cos the disgrace was much

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by RPG2020(m): 3:05pm On Mar 17
Bro do give away use the rest japa grin
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by HugeElephant(f): 3:07pm On Mar 17
Azazyel:

Bank doesn't have that kind of patience. They'll blacklist his BVN and then come for him physically with police if he fails to show up. I've seen it before. It happened to a woman in my street then. She had to move out of the street cos the disgrace was much

Hei shocked God abeg o

1 Like

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by tundeblack: 3:07pm On Mar 17
When will it be my turn oh fada
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Shikena(m): 3:08pm On Mar 17
You don't have any problem. The bank and the police in Nigeria are very understanding grin

Goalnaldo:
Someone like me that is owing a loan of 40k, if 100k mistakenly enters my account and the 40k got deducted, will I be asked to refund it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by kuntash: 3:09pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

The only thing they can do is wait till he has enough to refund them (if at all he wants to)
Individuals are responsible for wrong transfers and not the receiving account details.

He doesn't need need to be threatened, but can be cajoled to lie , abi ?

cheesy cheesy

Some of Una funny no be small

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Shikena(m): 3:11pm On Mar 17
As someone mentioned, many of these guys here are kids who are still growing. They will learn grin grin

kuntash:

He doesn't need need to be threatened, but can be cajoled to lie , abi ?

cheesy cheesy

Some of Una funny no be small

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Kingluqman(m): 3:13pm On Mar 17
Illegal1:

omoh.........senior man abeg 4get long preaching,the matter no go anywere..

he go spend the money and notin go happen..las las he go tell them say he no dey receive alert,so he no knw wen money enter he acct..

dat supermarket get luck say nah good guy acct the money enter,if not..dat money nah bye bye...NO CASE.
When I read your comment, I knew the person must be from the street, so when I see your name, I confirm sey you be street grin

Just like you said... Nothing fit happen. It is only good to return it sha
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Panda7(m): 3:14pm On Mar 17
Is your real name anything related to LIGHT because after typing the account number how come the sender proceeded knowing fully well the recipient name isn't anything related to where he wants to transfer to? If this story is true, then I truly would be expecting when such financial mistake would come to my account, it would stay for a year before I can finally decide what business to do with the money
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Segzy19: 3:15pm On Mar 17
Just be careful sha...
It might have been from a supermarket but someone from within the supermarket running things.... It could also have been a honest error....

Notify your bank officially and get the proper paper work as evidence of your report as soon as possible so that you are not roped into any wahala incase of any unforeseen nonsense...

Na Naija we dey o....

GreatVocalist:

I created this thread to know how to get the money back to the sender. Spending it is not on my agenda.

Thank you so much!
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by membranus: 3:16pm On Mar 17
Illegal1:
omoh.........i no knw y all dis kind wrong transfer no dey ever see my acct enter.

i wn jst check if i be honest nigerian or not.

Because "wrong transfer" no wan mek you go jail.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Astimshire: 3:20pm On Mar 17
Gadafii:
If you know what’s good for you and value your peace of mind, don’t spend 1 kobo from that money, eventually the supermarket would find out about the wrong transfer and complain at their bank and the bank would initiate Post no debit (PND) on the recipient account which is you, they interbank means and you may be requested to show at the bank, incase you have spent it… it may be escalated to cbn and your BVN is used to blacklist all your bank accounts

Best thing is to report to your bank and let them contact the sender on your behalf but don’t transfer the money to the bank, insist the transfer must be made to the sender or you speak with the supermarket

But incase you have strength for wahala you can g ahead and spend it hoping the owner don’t find out cos if they do, wahala go full ground for you

Modified…..

I see some of you are quoting me saying bull crap and all, because I advised him not to spend it..it is well oo

Someone said he’s already looking at the money one kind and you are saying he won’t spend it

If he like make he spend am. There are two possible outcome, he either get away with that or get blacklisted

I doubt if he would prefer the later, because the chances of the former is ver

Bleep your words. those rules and regulation are created by individuals like you and me so stop been too careful with life, break rules and create new ones.. life is too short to obey all d rules
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by bluefilm: 3:20pm On Mar 17
abbasajao:

Yes he can spend the money but never get away with it.[/quote]

I like what you said here

Those transferring the money should be held responsible for wrong transfers
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by olufolarin2222: 3:24pm On Mar 17
Well spoken
HugeElephant:

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Sirchiboy: 3:25pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

How much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: GUO Transport Company Loses 7 Luxury Buses To Inferno In Onitsha / Who Is The Richest Man In Nigeria / Export License from Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.