Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. (32480 Views)

How To Recover Your Money Back After Making A Wrong Transfer (tested) / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by muyico(m): 2:17pm On Mar 17
It may yahoo boi transfer.get gud lawyer and report to ur bank.b4 efcc strt tracking U

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Iceberg3: 2:17pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

I created this thread to know how to get the money back to the sender. Spending it is not on my agenda.

Thank you so much!
You are a good person.
If you don't get a response,try locate them or to be on the safe side,go to your bank and make report..just be careful

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by nairalanda1(m): 2:17pm On Mar 17
Gadafii:
If you know what’s good for you and value your peace of mind, don’t spend 1 kobo from that money, eventually the supermarket would find out about the wrong transfer and complain at their bank and the bank would initiate Post no debit (PND) on the recipient account which is you, they interbank means and you may be requested to show at the bank, incase you have spent it… it may be escalated to cbn and your BVN is used to blacklist all your bank accounts

Best thing is to report to your bank and let them contact the sender on your behalf but don’t transfer the money to the bank, insist the transfer must be made to the sender or you speak with the supermarket

But incase you have strength for wahala you can g ahead and spend it hoping the owner don’t find out cos if they do, wahala go full ground for you

I had a similar issue with Carbon. After one app upgrade, I found a large sum in my Carbon account. I immediately contacted them and got it reversed. Abeg. I no wan trobule with any body o.

TO spend the money never cross my mind. And God knows, I was not financially stable at that time, but abeg, why steal ?

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by StraightGaay: 2:17pm On Mar 17
kestolove95:
God Don answer ur prayer give ursef a treat
Black man's mentality

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by chipet67(m): 2:18pm On Mar 17
fidelmarshal199:

Yeah, He will be waiting in the prison till the money is complete. You have a very myopic reasoning.
He won't wait in prison. I had a similar case. The bank had to inform me of the error in transaction, seems the sender went to the bank to complain, and I gave the bank an approval for the reversal.
It is the sender's fault, the worse they can do is wait till you deposit that amount and they deduct it.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Saviola86: 2:18pm On Mar 17
If you spend it Na problem for you because it's an electronic transfer and your bvn can be blacklisted when discovered that the money has been spent.

This is how you can benefit from this.

First for all, do not report to the bank or the supermarket.

Just try to find who the CEO of that supermarket is then contact him.

Let him know about the transaction and your willingness to return it.

If you can't get the CEO make a public post about it on social media tagging the supermarket social media handle.

Doing so, will attract public opinion, insults and praises with some calling for your reward.

You may get a reward and who knows amebo media fit carry your stories before you know u don go viral and the gifts may start coming like mummy zee.

You know Nigerians and media hypes, capitalize on it

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by masseratti: 2:18pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

You don't need to threaten him.
He can spend the money and get away with it.
He can claim he was also expecting transfers from other sources.

The only thing they can do is wait till he has enough to refund them (if at all he wants to)
Individuals are responsible for wrong transfers and not the receiving account details.
oga don't the the person a wrong advice, please if you don't have the strength for trouble kindly don't spend it even if you were expecting money from somewhere,that small money or big money might be part of a bigger sum,when police come for you ,that your excuse won't hold ,you will end up paying much more than what you have spent.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by superintendents(m): 2:18pm On Mar 17
greggng:

When i faced similar situation . This is what I did

I visited the nearest police station to report the situation . They documented it and gave me complain serial number which they adviced me to keep it very well . I was allowed to still keep the money till date nobodycame for it .
you can extend your blessing sir. Show me some love inside the fund please..

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by dawnomike(m): 2:19pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:
I woke up this morning to what seems to be a wrong transfer made to my account, from a supermarket named Light Supermarket.

I waited all day to see if I'd get a call from someone, acknowledging the transaction error, but none came in.

The money still dey my account like this as I dey type so. It's not a very huge sum, but it's not small either. My eyes don dey look am one kind o. Please anyone who knows someone from that supermarket should tell them.

LIGHT SUPERMARKET, that's the only information I have.
Reach out to your bank... if you touch the money, the police might come calling

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by StraightGaay: 2:20pm On Mar 17
JealousCobra:

Hmm, better Nigerian 😄

If to say it found it's way into your account, by now na N250 for remain.
You are one of the majority with such mindset.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by kenny160: 2:20pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:
I woke up this morning to what seems to be a wrong transfer made to my account, from a supermarket named Light Supermarket.

I waited all day to see if I'd get a call from someone, acknowledging the transaction error, but none came in.

The money still dey my account like this as I dey type so. It's not a very huge sum, but it's not small either. My eyes don dey look am one kind o. Please anyone who knows someone from that supermarket should tell them.

boss my own little advice that is the sweetest is this dnt report the money and don't spend it for long just be watching if they no contact you for one year just blow the money off on important things but the owner need it he will contact bank for reversal and mind you, you are not a thief so the person that transferred it ought to double checked the name on the transfer to avoid error that is the rules and if not, only by leg, power or court order they will reverse the money back without your concent if not, you are not at fault just be looking if no one do anything then the money is yours dnt panic since you are not 419....best of luck bro.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by darediamond(m): 2:20pm On Mar 17
fidelmarshal199:

Yeah, He will be waiting in the prison till the money is complete. You have a very myopic reasoning.

YOU DEY MIAND AM?
HE IS A CHRONIC MUMU!!

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by nairalanda1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 17
Starboytwo:
Runaway

Do face surgery

Japa

Face surgery plus japa is not that cheap, plus it doesn't work
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Rumundele(m): 2:21pm On Mar 17
All the people talking he should chop it nothing will happen.
What if its a kidnapped victim that made the transactions, you know the only thing that can get you out of that case is when you report before the case is reported otherwise you are one of the kidnappers o.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by ivolt: 2:21pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

The only thing they can do is wait till he has enough to refund them (if at all he wants to)
Individuals are responsible for wrong transfers and not the receiving account details.
He can get away with it if the transfer was made by an illiterate.
Since this is a supermarket in this case, then there is no getting away with it.
Even without using the extra-legal Nigerian factor(they will definitely use it), it won't end well if he spent the money.

You are partly right though, he may get away with it if he decides to stop using Nigerian banks permanently.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Shikena(m): 2:22pm On Mar 17
I have encountered many of your type at police stations. They are always very sober and remorseful at the end of the day when they learn that in Nigeria, the legal process is not always 1 + 1 = 2.

Meaning, there is the legal/law enforcement process, there is the law, and there is justice. The road to justice is long and thorny grin .

Illegal1:

omoh.........senior man abeg 4get long preaching,the matter no go anywere..

he go spend the money and notin go happen..las las he go tell them say he no dey receive alert,so he no knw wen money enter he acct..

dat supermarket get luck say nah good guy acct the money enter,if not..dat money nah bye bye...NO CASE.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by DJInfluence: 2:23pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Is it not easier to inform your bank than find the supermarket? Your bank should do the needful not you looking for the sender.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by CodeTemplar: 2:27pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

The light of the world credited you. Jesus has supermarket if you don't know.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Shikena(m): 2:27pm On Mar 17
Just dey look them. Some people only learn in life through personal experience. No matter what you say, their coconut heads will never listen until it happens to them personally then you see them turn more gentle than a stubborn goat trapped in a Lion's den.

Rumundele:
All the people talking he should chop it nothing will happen.
What if its a kidnapped victim that made the transactions, you know the only thing that can get you out of that case is when you report before the case is reported otherwise you are one of the kidnappers o.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Osanoghodua1: 2:28pm On Mar 17
Go to your Bank requesting for the sender's account number, then go to the sender's bank and ask them to call him, simple Infopol search will review the phone number. Call them person and declare the money but you must send it back to the sender's account with the same name.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by abba190: 2:30pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Pinicop(m): 2:30pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

I created this thread to know how to get the money back to the sender. Spending it is not on my agenda.

Thank you so much!

Pls send the money to me. If they blacklisted or arrested you, tell them you sent it to me. I'll give you my details, including videos and photos.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by BigIyanga: 2:31pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

Talking without experience lol. You will soon find out the rough way

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Rumundele(m): 2:31pm On Mar 17
Shikena:
Just dey look them. Some people only learn in life through personal experience. No matter what you say, their coconut heads will never listen until it happens to them personally then you see them turn more gentle than a stubborn goat trapped in a Lion's den.

Don't mind them

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by yemmit90: 2:32pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Don't stress yourself go to the bank, the person will report the case to the bank himself, and they will reverse it automatically. Just don't spend it because if you does, they will put your account on deficit, every money enter their will be deducted until the money mistakenly transferred to your account is completed.

For instance, if the money transfer to your account is 100k, and you spend 50k before the person reported, they will deduct the remaining 50k and put your account, -50,000.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by FireUpNow(m): 2:32pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Pls don't spend a dime from that money, just go to your bank on Monday and make a report about it. Be a good citizen.
Make sure that you also go to police station to make report and be documented.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by PrinceGallant: 2:33pm On Mar 17
I commend you for this action.

It is likely the money came from a customer who had typed the Light Supermarket as the narration of the transaction, and that could have caused an issue between the customer and the Supermarket.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Pauliaette(m): 2:35pm On Mar 17
God don butter Ur bread
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Shikena(m): 2:36pm On Mar 17
Just one Olopa slap with sun-beaten dry hand at the police interrogation room will reset your brain, you think this is a social media skit shey? grin

Pinicop:

Pls send the money to me. If they blacklisted or arrested you, tell them you sent it to me. I'll give you my details, including videos and photos.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Pinicop(m): 2:37pm On Mar 17
Shikena:
Just one Olopa slap with sun-beaten dry hand at the police interrogation room will reset your brain, you think this is a social media skit shey? grin

Whatever
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by opera1(m): 2:37pm On Mar 17
Refund it to the owner coz is not what you can eat. If you eat it, you will surely vomit it by force.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Mandate1: 2:38pm On Mar 17
Gadafii:
If you know what’s good for you and value your peace of mind, don’t spend 1 kobo from that money, eventually the supermarket would find out about the wrong transfer and complain at their bank and the bank would initiate Post no debit (PND) on the recipient account which is you, they interbank means and you may be requested to show at the bank, incase you have spent it… it may be escalated to cbn and your BVN is used to blacklist all your bank accounts

Best thing is to report to your bank and let them contact the sender on your behalf but don’t transfer the money to the bank, insist the transfer must be made to the sender or you speak with the supermarket

But incase you have strength for wahala you can g ahead and spend it hoping the owner don’t find out cos if they do, wahala go full ground for you

Modified…..

I see some of you are quoting me saying bull crap and all, because I advised him not to spend it..it is well oo

Someone said he’s already looking at the money one kind and you are saying he won’t spend it

If he like make he spend am. There are two possible outcome, he either get away with that or get blacklisted

I doubt if he would prefer the later, because the chances of the former is very slim

he won't get away with it unless the sender is forever unaware.

TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over / BREAKING The Entire Lagos International Trade Fair Complex Sealed Off / ₦‎1 Trillion Old Notes Received By CBN, Banks - Emefiele

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62