Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many (30621 Views)

Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by highchief1: 9:13am On Mar 17
AntiChristian:
No one controls death except God!
No one promised you you'll all live to old age!

Even a fetus can die!

All those beliefs are false!

I'll will not die but continue to declare the works of the Lord!

Sorry, but you'll die anytime!

And even if you take care of yourself well eating healthy, keeping fit, etc you can still die too!
lol wigwe.life matter tire person bros
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by able20(m): 9:13am On Mar 17
alphaNomega:
if god was real as all religions make us believe, we would not need doctors and hospitals. We would not even need farmers and fishermen.
You need to do a brain examination because you have totally lost it.
God gave us work to do.
God never promised you a free meal, and free everything without a HUMAN EFFORT.
You do your part, and God will do his part. It's Called a relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by absoluteSuccess: 9:14am On Mar 17
We only ascribe title to people as humans, death has been around before any title was given.

There is no bad death or a good one, only the mourners are connected to a living emotion, eni to tilo ti lo.

Why should a pastor die young, is God not aware?

So, God must interfere in physics, chemistry and biology day by day to answer God? Then how will the ordinances that continue in their constant state or motion achieve their ends?

Only mankind is tied to inordinate emotions that serves his purposes and ulterior motives.
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Khallicopyro: 9:15am On Mar 17
The way I see these "pastors" now is different from the way I use to see them. Na huzzle all of us dey nothing else.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by PROPHETmichael: 9:16am On Mar 17
Majority of it is as a result of their members seeing them as "God" because of the great and mighty signs they are doing. God as we all know, will not share his glory with any man and he will not hesitate to recall any of his servant who is found wanting in that department lest they lose their soul.

As a man of God who functions in the area of power ministry, you must be quick to warn your members about this else you collect

TB Joshua, Benson Idahosa to mentioned but a few fell into this trap.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by bluefilm: 9:16am On Mar 17
EreluRoz:
I can never marry a pastor lailai. I love to sleep and relax very well so I can't marry someone that'll deprive me of that.

This response is very very funny. grin
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by MrBONE2(m): 9:16am On Mar 17
[quote author=NoSmoking post=128965990][/quote]
cheesy

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by geoworldedu: 9:17am On Mar 17
paxonel:
Why do great men of God die young?
So what?

It's still the same thing as why some doctors, carpenters, Tailors, Mechanics, food sellers, etc die young.
No difference
The difference is that God lied to christians that he will satisfy them with long life. But because god himself is a dead meat, he can't fulfill his promises.
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by stephenponti(m): 9:17am On Mar 17
The reason is simple and well defined. If a man fronts healing, without recourse to the word based principle that portrays mature faith he will be wounded by the evil serpent. Apostle Paul said let's leave the principal of repentance and go on to more credible things of the word of faith.

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by kingxsamz(m): 9:18am On Mar 17
They died because they're mere humans. And no, they did not "heal" anyone.
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by 004gist: 9:18am On Mar 17
Don't compare TB Joshua with Idahosa please
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:21am On Mar 17
alphaNomega:
if god was real as all religions make us believe, we would not need doctors and hospitals. We would not even need farmers and fishermen.
If you believe that occultist exist and you don't believe God exist, that means you be mumu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by boxypane(m): 9:22am On Mar 17
alphaNomega:
This is bleak. How about not needing your existence or curse the sun to shine on you, the rain to fall on you, to keep gravity perfect so that you won't float into space...
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Deicide: 9:22am On Mar 17
Which hospital did they heal the many? grin
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by highchief1: 9:24am On Mar 17
sexiestharam:
They die young because you cannot question God. Can you explain how you were made? God gives life and he takes life. You can't question the Almighty!
calm down we no Dey question am we Dey only wonder why.its a nice thread don’t take it personal.no be u holy pass for here.
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Tayorshd87: 9:24am On Mar 17
alphaNomega:
You are part of the unique and best people have met on this forum.

People still don't understand.
They said Jesus has died for our sins and all take all sickness and problems away..

Then if that is true why are people still falling sick , people are still in d jail till today and will still dies later , even some religious people are still passing true tough times with one problem to another ..

Religion has done more harm to d society than d good die.to brainwashing

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Tayorshd87: 9:25am On Mar 17
oluwaseunamos33:
If you believe that occultist exist and you don't believe God exist, that means you be mumu

On point but to me God exist but religion is fiddle to my understanding

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by PROPHETmichael: 9:26am On Mar 17
alphaNomega:

You that is writing this, you're not even real. As a matter of fact, you don't exist because I've never seen you before. You could be one of many Mark Zuckerberg's or Elon Musk's A.I.
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by GENES11S: 9:28am On Mar 17
alphaNomega:

My brother, it is not so.

In the beginning everything was provided for Man. All man needed was in the garden (Eden).
In fact, God gave Man freewill (ability to make our own choices).

God commanded us to eat from all fruits in the garden except one. Since we are creatures with freewill, it is left for us to obey or disobey this command.

Man chose to disobey the command and the consequences is what brought about suffering, sickness, hunger, and even death.

Take a look at what God said to the Man and the Woman after they disobeyed him.

Genesis 3:16

Then he said to the woman, “I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you.”

Genesis 3:17

And to the man he said, “Since you listened to your wife and ate from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat, the ground is cursed because of you. All your life you will struggle to scratch a living from it.

So all that you have mentioned as proof that God is not real are actually proof that God exist. We are encountering all this things as punishment for our disobedience.

What God says always come to pass.

Numbers 23:19

“God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Most people has a plan in their mind concerning what God should do and not do.

But in reality, we don't dictate for God. Just like the clay doesn't dictate to the Potter on what he should make.

God has provided solution to this problem which is finding salvation through Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Tayorshd87: 9:29am On Mar 17
Sometimes it can be due to poor salary being paid by thier employee
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by stephenponti(m): 9:32am On Mar 17
004gist:
Don't compare TB Joshua with Idahosa please

They are not different in ministry priority (healing).
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Tolupage(m): 9:35am On Mar 17
Death is not the ultimate, neither is it a proof of ones relationship with God.

As long as one has fulfilled purpose, it is irrelevant what age one dies.

Christ died aged 33, Stephen in his prime and yet it could be said they fulfilled purpose.

Paul spent half his Christian life in prison, I'm sure it he were a free man, we wouldn't have so many letters/books from him.

Longevity, health, wealth, freedom are good but they are of little value in God's plan.
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Danmisra(m): 9:37am On Mar 17
alphaNomega:
The mentality of an atheist regarding religion is very foolish to me. Pls tell if atheist have sense here

They cannot make themselves rich and live longer, they can't help themselves nor their children but they say the is no God.

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by 004gist: 9:38am On Mar 17
stephenponti:

They are not different in ministry priority (healing).
Non of the father's of faith identified with TB Joshua that says a lot unlike Idahosa that his name still ring bell in the pentecostal arena.
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by InvertedHammer: 9:43am On Mar 17
/

If the works of pastors are real, developed nations would have plucked all of them from Africa and given them automatic permanent residence. There is a reason doctors and nurses are in high demands in UAE, Australia, US, Canada, UK but not pastors. Oyibo understood a long time ago that they are snake oil salesmen fit for the African minds alone.

/
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by superCleanworks(m): 9:48am On Mar 17
Daejumong:
It is a great irony to see great clergymen who had an illustrious ministry laden with unbelievable miracles, healings and testimonies die in their prime!

What could be the cause? Did they fall into secret sin? Did they backslide?

Jesus died before 35.
What was his own sin?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Goldbw122(m): 9:48am On Mar 17
Anything can happen to someone that have never went to church before and someone that have been to church through our their life so that is life for you..
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by David0002: 9:50am On Mar 17
CaptainJune:
The Lord Jesus died young at the age of 33. This is after He had fulfilled His ministry. Yes, Jesus is the Great Apostle of the Christian faith. Whether you are called to the fivefold ministry or not you are free to go home to be with the Lord after you have fulfillled your ministry.

I agree with the Op regarding other factors that take heavy toll on their health but this also applies to everyone. As such, pastors are humans like any of us. The key here is to take care of one's health. Moses' father-in-law, Jethro, advised him to delegate duties to the Israelites so as not to be overburdened by them. Had he not done so Moses would have probably died earlier than he did.

Some pastors also do face the warfare (bizarre according to wordly standards) aspects of their calling such as helping an individual, family, community, or nation be delivered from satanic strongholds that may have been running for generations. Some pastors confront these demons (princes and rulers of wickedness) without proper spiritual mapping and preparation. This results in the death of some of this pastors. One has to be anointed and directed by God before embarking on spiritual liberation against evil entities.
What you are saying is the absolute truth. The day I decided to battle against witches and wizards and demonic entities in my house and my environment. They nearly killed me. The worst is that I am even suffering till date from what they inflicted on me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by seunayantokun(m): 9:54am On Mar 17
Was TB Joshua even a Christian?
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Smithwilliams826: 9:58am On Mar 17
I only read the title/topic. Most times whenever they preach or pray there is a particular statement they make "anything that would want to make me sin, Father (Yahweh) take my life away" I know two people....
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by allthingsgood: 10:01am On Mar 17
alphaNomega:

God is real. Not just the way religion makes him look

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Church Inside An Hotel!!! / N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? / Photos From THE EXPERIENCE 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.