Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation (25271 Views)

Troops Recover Decomposing Hearts Of Soldiers Killed In Okuama, Delta State / Defence HQs releases photos, names of soldiers murdered in Okuama, Delta State / EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by zikter(m): 9:27pm On Mar 18
omoredia:

Then so be it. But if it was the core north the military will not be threatening like this cos most of their personnel are from that extraction. When I say north I mean the core north and definitely not north central. The military is not sincere in the fight against insecurity in this country, truth be told
Maybe or maybe not,One can't be definite about it. Attacks of this nature hardly occur there, I haven't known any myself. And yes, it maybe partly because of what you said, many of them are active in the military, therefore, maybe they don't need to mount such attacks on their own who are majority. Head or tail, such has not happened that I know of. The closest I can point to is the El zakzaky issue with the army then, if you can remember. Many were killed simply for obstructing COAS. But again, it was tilted towards the religious angle of the Sunni and Shite Muslim rivalry. It is therefore neither here or there.

Yes, corruption is a major issue. Many top goons in the military, both south and north are hugely benefitting from the chaotic situation. So it is true that they are not sincere. But it must be noted that, the gorilla and ideological warfare as being fought in the North is difficult to be defeated even by any sincerity standard. Ours is worse as we agreed on the point you made

1 Like

Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by omoredia: 9:33pm On Mar 18
zikter:
Maybe or maybe not,One can't be definite about it. Attacks of this nature hardly occur there, I haven't known any myself. And yes, it maybe partly because of what you said, many of them are active in the military, therefore, maybe they don't need to mount such attacks on their own who are majority. Head or tail, such has not happened that I know of. The closest I can point to is the El zakzaky issue with the army then, if you can remember. Many were killed simply for obstructing COAS. But again, it was tilted towards the religious angle of the Sunni and Shite Muslim rivalry. It is therefore neither here or there.

Yes, corruption is a major issue. Many top goons in the military, both south and north are hugely benefitting from the chaotic situation. So it is true that they are not sincere. But it must be noted that, the gorilla and ideological warfare as being fought in the North is difficult to be defeated even by any sincerity standard. Ours is worse as we agreed on the point you made

Let equity, justice and sincerity be in place let's see if insecurity will not be stamped out. Injustice, corruption and insincerity has greatly demoralized those in the army that want to commit to fighting a good fight and a just cause.
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by Mrpojj(m): 9:38pm On Mar 18
[quote author=chopnaira post=128989862][/quote]
Army think say we be mumu na
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by Charly68: 9:43pm On Mar 18
Please do the needful and show the hoodlums they are of no match to you guys
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by zikter(m): 9:43pm On Mar 18
omoredia:

Let equity, justice and sincerity be in place let's see if insecurity will not be stamped out. Injustice, corruption and insincerity has greatly demoralized those in the army that want to commit to fighting a good fight and a just cause.
Very true, some people wish the status quo to remain, it is where they make their billions. Insecurity will greatly improve once the abnormally are corrected
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by tuzle(m): 9:47pm On Mar 18
UgoFly:

Fake news that USA doesn't retaliate when their soldiers are killed? Or USA don't bomb and kill innocent and defensless citizens while retaliating? Do you know the history of the word "collateral damage"?? Just rest abeg. You seriously don't know anything about this part of humanity.
guy this isn't what we are talking about. U are bringing up collateral damage but we are talking about retaliation here and not just any retaliation we are saying if the same thing that happened in Nigeria occured inside USA, will the USA army wipe out that entire community in the same USA?
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by UgoFly: 9:56pm On Mar 18
tuzle:
guy this isn't what we are talking about. U are bringing up collateral damage but we are talking about retaliation here and not just any retaliation we are saying if the same thing that happened in Nigeria occured inside USA, will the USA army wipe out that entire community in the same USA?

They will do worse. Go and read up on the things they have done. You don't butcher soldiers like this within a community anywhere in the world and expect the community to live in peace after that. I am not justifying the act but it's close to impossible.
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by tuzle(m): 9:58pm On Mar 18
UgoFly:

They will do worse. Go and read up on the things they have done. You don't butcher soldiers like this within a community anywhere in the world and expect the community to live in peace after that. I am not justifying the act but it's close to impossible.
show me now. U are just using mouth, u haven't show prove of anything. Show me USA soldiers wiping out an entire community in the same usa because they killed some soldiers in that same community. I am waiting
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by delpee(f): 10:17pm On Mar 18
updatechange:
Delta don turn to another war zone… another one just happened recently wey them burn dangote trailer and killed the driver…
Army already in reprisal attack now.

Please be sure that they are truly military officers. We already know that some militants and criminals also wear military fatigues.
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by PHAYOL81: 10:38pm On Mar 18
Fish them out and serve them the dish they offered the innocent deceased soldiers?
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by SoaringLife01: 11:34pm On Mar 18
gigabyte13:
We Don tell them before say
Even UN go follow Dem cry.....
That thing wey Dem dey find, Dem go see am.
Dem go see am in abundance.

Are you okay ?
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by SoaringLife01: 11:38pm On Mar 18
UgoFly:

Misguided youths ba? Have you heard of the word collateral damage?? Do you know why Gaza is being bombed out of existence? You know nothing. Stay deluded.

IDF target buildings mostly where HAMAS terrorists are hiding and shooting from.

Nigerian Army in this context is killing unharmed Nigerians at Okuama and razing their buildings.
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by eagleu: 12:15am On Mar 19
Nigerian soldiers attacked and some killed in Niger state, the governor took it upon himself to warn and caution the army to do proper investigation and not resort to mass killings. Same thing happened in Katsina when their "beloved " bandits killed some soldiers. The elders demanded a proper investigation instead of mass killing and destruction of the whole community. When similar things happen in SE or SS, the army always resort to the lazy option of annihilating the entire community.
RIP to the dead soldiers, but the army authorities show their deadly bias again.
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by Praktikals1000: 1:29am On Mar 19
1x2x3:
We know something must have transpired, community can't ambush and kill over a dozen soldiers, there must be militants or killer group. Fish them out but don't attack the entire community.
Go to their barrack and talk sense into their head
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by Emzedz: 2:05am On Mar 19
Army on a peace mission deal.. how gullible can Nigerians be.. they must have gone there to intimidate people because of whatever illegal gains they benefit from that area. The rest you see after then was reactions n opposite forces complicit in the matter.
Fulani army media hogwash.
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by donbuchi1(m): 7:43am On Mar 19
1x2x3:
We know something must have transpired, community can't ambush and kill over a dozen soldiers, there must be militants or killer group. Fish them out but don't attack the entire community.

You can't find them. The community can't name them. So you are left with just one choice, destroy everything.
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by slowice(m): 8:20am On Mar 19
UgoFly:

Misguided youths ba? Have you heard of the word collateral damage?? Do you know why Gaza is being bombed out of existence? You know nothing. Stay deluded.

Imagine the comparison.... Your daftness is brighter than the sun
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by 1x2x3: 8:43am On Mar 19
donbuchi1:

You can't find them. The community can't name them. So you are left with just one choice, destroy everything.

It's their duty to find them, they have all the sophistication and intelligence to do that. Unless they prefer to destroy the community rather than work towards finding them.
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by 1x2x3: 8:44am On Mar 19
Praktikals1000:
Go to their barrack and talk sense into their head

I've done that Sir.
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by IamAtAnger: 8:56am On Mar 19
As u no wan reason beyond ur brain limit
toprealman:

lipsrsealed

Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by BALLOSKI: 9:33am On Mar 19
Bubu4Sea:
The army is deadly in the South but in the North they won't dare do jack
where do stupid people get this useless line of thinking from?

Donkeys would say: bandits killed soldiers in the north and nothing happened. Are the bandits from that village or youth gang of the village or are they even Nigerians? Or army should set the bush they hide on fire or burn the already deserted village they have taken over?

Some Nigerians are dumb!
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by mauchiz: 10:44am On Mar 19
goody2019:

The killing shall land you soon, since you love it so much.

Is like those terrorist are your friends and relatives?
The people they are people's loved ones,
You can say whatever, I don't care, they killed my loved ones, they must die too.
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by toprealman: 3:35pm On Mar 19
IamAtAnger:
Since you are powered by AI…let’s help you reason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZdCcXoTa_U?si=aX6zCnvdCfWaOCr0
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by toprealman: 4:23pm On Mar 19
IamAtAnger:
Is your sense back?
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by IamAtAnger: 4:36pm On Mar 19
I no get that time to waste with an overgrown dumb...
toprealman:

Is your sense back?
Re: Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation by toprealman: 6:43pm On Mar 19
IamAtAnger:
I no get that time to waste with an overgrown dumb...
one down!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Social Media Influencers Stage Upset Against APC,PDP. / Fayose Berates 7 Northern Governors For Endorsing Buhari For 2019 / I Left PDP Because I Was Expelled - Akpabio Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.