Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal (26408 Views)

LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months / Only Lagos, Ogun Generate More IGR Than FAAC Allocation / Uche Okwukwu: APC To Win More Igbo States Before 2023– Ohanaeze SecretaryGeneral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Kingray10: 8:54pm On Mar 18
Ijaya123:

Put that blame on Ironsi that cancelled regional system of government.
I will cast the blame on Gowon that cancel resources control
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Putindbutt: 8:54pm On Mar 18
Benwems:

it simple means the money doesn't have value. inflation has taken everything. Cost to construct roads, bridges all skyrocket.
Their allocations have also increased, no excuses.
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by jamafa: 8:55pm On Mar 18
jmoore:

You were asked to used exchange rate to make comparison, you dey rant bulabu.

Watin concern governors with exchange rate??

What have dey done with money received so far??

U telling me those billions cant solve anything??
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by FutureFocus: 8:57pm On Mar 18
Even this is enough to cause inflation
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Makunahatata: 8:57pm On Mar 18
Kingcalls:
And some fools will be saying lagos is better than Anambra ... lagos de get 3 times what Anambra gets , and u expect Anambra to be like lagos .... obi really did excellently well... even as Anambra is one of the least earning states , he never owed salaries and still saved billions and billions , never put Anambra in debt , while the drug lord as lag governor put the state in debt and dint leave a kobo
dullard ...why Anambra go get wetin Lagos dey get?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by sketcherJ(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18
SoNature:
As you are making this comparison, do well to consider inflation.

The removal of fuel subsidy rocketed the prices of everything, thereby making nonsense of the apparent increment in the federal allocation.

This is common sense!
wait, are you making brief for the state governors collecting these allocations? Like shouldn’t we even beam light on them because of the inflation?
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by freemi(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18
aieromon:
All focus is on the centre while the subnational escapes public scrutiny.
which is very wrong
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ijaya123: 9:02pm On Mar 18
Kingray10:

Godwin did not cancel resources control. Quit trying to rewrite history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by ozo13(m): 9:02pm On Mar 18
Yankee101:
The bill increase is not from subsidy removal
It is from the depreciated exchange rate
You sold oil for example at $100 and paid 200 naira during goodluck, 800 naira during buhari and 1600 naira during Tinubu etc
good point but the gov should up the wages of the workers

1 Like

Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by SoNature(m): 9:03pm On Mar 18
sketcherJ:
wait, are you making brief for the state governors collecting these allocations? Like shouldn’t we even beam light on them because of the inflation?

Whether you beam searchlight on them or not, you and I can do nothing. In a country where institutions are intentionally kept weak, there's nothing the citizens can do.

Feel free to ask governors what they did with your money, but remember that inflation reduced the value of your currency. That's what my comment is about.
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Clean2016: 9:03pm On Mar 18
mrvitalis:

Lol after subsidy removal? Lmaooo APC propaganda

We are paying more subsidy now than we have ever paid... And we are also paying more for petrol now than we have ever paid

Divide those allocation by the exchange rate the u know states are getting far less

Are the state expected to convert the allocations to dollars before spending
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by VanuatuWycombe: 9:07pm On Mar 18
Splashme:

Do you know that the FG pockets a whopping 54% of FAAC allocation ... leaving a paltry 46% for 37 states and 774 LGAs to share?

In a situation like this, who would you rather demand accountability from?

But federal government still spends from that 54% across 36 states on its federal properties and some senators and HoR members. Other things on Exclusive Lists nko?

Abi is your governor the one paying senators and HoR members from your state?
Is your state governor the one responsible for federal roads in your state?

2 Likes

Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Kukutente23: 9:11pm On Mar 18
Putindbutt:

Who's this one that's comparing FG with irresponsible state governors?, is FG owing wage awards?. Are you on drugs?
Is states owing wage award
We all know how many months FG was owing before they were forced by NLC
Don't come and start spewing foolishness here
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by BRaymond: 9:12pm On Mar 18
I am wondering why the allocation for south-south reduced after subsidy removal. Is it a mistake or they are being short changed? I am still very confused as per the yardstick used to arrive at a reduced allocation for south-south after subsidy removal.
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by fidelmarshal199: 9:15pm On Mar 18
happney65:
When some of us see these huge money you think it is that Huge.

The truth of the matter is that most states are just getting by. These money are majorly spent to pay salaries and pensions.

Apart from Lagos,Abuja and Rivers the others are just nothing. And we know why those two particularly stand alone

Oyo's monthly wage bill is about 11Billion every month with very little remaining to do infrastructure that is why they borrow to do infrastructure. The same with most other states.

They have to argument salaries with Internally generated revenue. That is why some states do not pay salaries or pensions and even at the last count,It is just 10 states in 36 states that are paying 30,000 naira minimum wage

The truth of the matter is that going to Abuja to collect monthly allocation is rubbish and should be stopped.

States should be the one in charge of their resources and giving the FG a percentage not this one they are giving them money to get by .

P.S. I am not 100 percent holding forth for the Govornors. I know some of them are useless just saying that which is the fact.

Note. This is the yearly federal allocation and not monthly. So divide each state by 12 months and you see how much he gets and the state population

That's monthly allocation Oga, Say what you know
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Belleful: 9:19pm On Mar 18
How come the South south states share became less? ABI my eyes dey pain me?
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by omoredia: 9:22pm On Mar 18
aieromon:

Na today day break for your head. Emi lo kan moro
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Fuckyoumod: 9:25pm On Mar 18
aieromon:
you are very unwise!
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Johnthesuccess: 9:28pm On Mar 18
Kingcalls:
And some fools will be saying lagos is better than Anambra ... lagos de get 3 times what Anambra gets , and u expect Anambra to be like lagos .... obi really did excellently well... even as Anambra is one of the least earning states , he never owed salaries and still saved billions and billions , never put Anambra in debt , while the drug lord as lag governor put the state in debt and dint leave a kobo

Olodo ishi. Please come and all the Igbo people from Lagos . They are the ones putting so much pressure on Lagos infrastructure. Go to all the government schools in Lagos,Igbo children plenty there,go to many ministries in Lagos ,Igbo plenty there. Your people have put so much pressure on all Lagos government hospitals. Can you compare the population of Lagos State to your local anambra? Ode. Always think before making comments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Johnthesuccess: 9:28pm On Mar 18
Johnthesuccess:

Olodo ishi. Please come and carry all your Igbo people from Lagos . They are the ones putting so much pressure on Lagos infrastructure. Go to all the government schools in Lagos,Igbo children plenty there,go to many ministries in Lagos ,Igbo plenty there. Your people have put so much pressure on all Lagos government hospitals. Can you compare the population of Lagos State to your local anambra? Ode. Always think before making comments.
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Johnthesuccess: 9:32pm On Mar 18
happney65:
When some of us see these huge money you think it is that Huge.

The truth of the matter is that most states are just getting by. These money are majorly spent to pay salaries and pensions.

Apart from Lagos,Abuja and Rivers the others are just nothing. And we know why those two particularly stand alone

Oyo's monthly wage bill is about 11Billion every month with very little remaining to do infrastructure that is why they borrow to do infrastructure. The same with most other states.

They have to argument salaries with Internally generated revenue. That is why some states do not pay salaries or pensions and even at the last count,It is just 10 states in 36 states that are paying 30,000 naira minimum wage

The truth of the matter is that going to Abuja to collect monthly allocation is rubbish and should be stopped.

States should be the one in charge of their resources and giving the FG a percentage not this one they are giving them money to get by .

P.S. I am not 100 percent holding forth for the Govornors. I know some of them are useless just saying that which is the fact.

Note. This is the yearly federal allocation and not monthly. So divide each state by 12 months and you see how much he gets and the state population

So sorry that you are talking to unexposed, uninformed and inexperienced Nigerian kids on nairaland. They will rather abuse you. Those billions they hear everyday is like blowing up their brains.
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by J3susFr3ak: 9:34pm On Mar 18
BRaymond:
I am wondering why the allocation for south-south reduced after subsidy removal. Is it a mistake or they are being short changed? I am still very confused as per the yardstick used to arrive at a reduced allocation for south-south after subsidy removal.

I have noticed several people raise this obvious question but it seems to be deliberately ignored by those in the know....

....as an outsider I can only just guess here. If we assume that a chunk of that revenue is based on the 13 percent derivation as was accrued in the past....then it might also imply that a state benefits more from onshore oil related industrial activities than off shore (I stand to be corrected here). Recently a lot of multinationals have wound down their on shore industrial activities in favor of off shore drilling. This is coupled with reduced daily oil production flowing through the pipes by various types of sabotage which has also drastically reduced on shore oil production.

I still don't know if the littoral states can stake a greater percentage claim from oil activities based way off in the Gulf of Guinea....but I am simply guessing that reduced onshore daily oil production affected what 13 percentage they derived for them...

2 Likes

Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Paraman: 9:42pm On Mar 18
edenex:
Why are SS states less after removal?
maybe they are paying lots of debts
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by seecould: 9:42pm On Mar 18
Why are they sharing allocation.. every state should collect is fuel tax themself. Which car is in bayelsa state that they are sharing big money for them
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:11pm On Mar 18
mrvitalis:

We are paying more subsidy now than we have ever paid... And we are also paying more for petrol now than we have ever paid

Divide those allocation by the exchange rate the u know states are getting far less
Can you explain to me why I should divide the allocation by the exchange rate?
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Anatolia: 10:17pm On Mar 18
Brainless emilokan supporters will be happy with this. Paying subsidies is better than giving thieving governors more money. They are stealing from the poor to enrich the wealthy.
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by bluecircle470: 10:48pm On Mar 18
Splashme:
Thieves, criminals stealing from us to live expensive lifestyle.

Nah who talk say make your papa no get money
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Spandy(m): 10:55pm On Mar 18
Paraman:
maybe they are paying lots of debts
Are they the south south states the only one that are owing?
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Winning123: 11:25pm On Mar 18
Kingray10:

Gowon only continued what Ironsi initiated. Nwabueze wrote that unitary decree for Ironsi. The north having tested ilthe honey pie were to glad to continue. The blame is on Ironsi
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Gossiphub: 1:28am On Mar 19
Ijaya123:

Put that blame on Ironsi that cancelled regional system of government.

Una don start another lie again.

Giddygiddy
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Konquest: 1:44am On Mar 19
EcoBrick:

StatiSense
Re: 2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal by Vision101(m): 2:01am On Mar 19
mrvitalis:

The dollar mentality in this country eeh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Three Suspects Arrested In Connection With Killing Of 17 Soldiers In Delta / Aregbesola Commences Salary Payment, Cuts Pay Of Political Office Holders / Presidency Raises Alarm Over Imminent Famine In 2017..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.