Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim (36987 Views)

Army Declares 8 People Wanted In Connection To Killing Of 17 Soldiers In Okuama / Hassan Dantawaye: We Decided To Kill 50 People For Every Slain Herdsman / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 50 In Donada And Kaltibu In Taraba (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Melonsmasher: 10:42pm On Mar 18
Broveens42:

If you don't end the Royal Niger company, it will end you ~ MNK
There are better ways to go about it than invading a community burning down homes, shooting and killing anyone at sight like rascals.

The Army is professionally trained to carry out a mission like this with intelligence and not act like gangsters controlled by hard drugs
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Ipobfraud: 10:43pm On Mar 18
Oboys12:
Thesame Army that are being slaughtered like Chicken everyday in the North, how many villages have they burned,
how many villagers did they kill when they were massacred in Niger, Nasarawa, on daily basis in Yobe, Zamfara, Borno, Katsina ans other parts of the North.
Because it happened in the south, level everywhere kill every living thing but when it happens in the north it is called KIA (killed in Action)

Oh I forgot we live in two different countries and two separate laws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Honestey: 10:44pm On Mar 18
Na jeje wahala sleep, na wake they wake an

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by blacknp(m): 10:47pm On Mar 18
Melonsmasher:

There are better ways to go about it than invading a community burning down homes, shooting and killing anyone at sight like rascals.

The Army is professionally trained to carry out a mission like this with intelligence and not act like gangsters controlled by hard drugs
Only 50 Obidient melon smasher & you are complaining? Even @ 500 we still dey drink iced lemon tea, smoking our green herb, trouble dey sleep, yanga go wake am, wetin em dey find?
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Ipobfraud: 10:48pm On Mar 18
That’s nonsense, since when a father have to pay for the sin of his son? The person that committed crime supposed to pay for the crime committed.

Now are you saying if someone from your hood kill a soldier, soldiers should match in in hundreds to kill your entire neighborhood starting from your immediate families? I need answer from you, let start from there

Alexiiydon:
maybe what happened to hamas citizens won’t happen if they give up the terrorists among them to the government but all they did was support them so they deserve what they got tell this people too to give up those who did that to our gallant soldiers them they will be okay ...how will you feel too if one of your relatives or brothers is among the soldiers killed or even your father will you say some citizens are innocent??nobody in that community is innocent because they are one way or the other related to militants who did what happen so they must face the music

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by spawnx: 10:49pm On Mar 18
Where have you read that the villagers are the ones doing the killings?
Oboys12:
Thesame Army that are being slaughtered like Chicken everyday in the North, how many villages have they burned,
how many villagers did they kill when they were massacred in Niger, Nasarawa, on daily basis in Yobe, Zamfara, Borno, Katsina ans other parts of the North.
Because it happened in the south, level everywhere kill every living thing but when it happens in the north it is called KIA (killed in Action)

Oh I forgot we live in two different countries and two separate laws
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Alexiiydon: 10:54pm On Mar 18
Ipobfraud:
That’s nonsense, since when a father have to pay for the sin of his son? The person that committed crime supposed to pay for the crime committed.

Now are you saying if someone from your hood kill a soldier, soldiers should match in in hundreds to kill your entire neighborhood starting from your immediate families? I need answer from you, let start from there

if someone in my hood kill a soldier we will March him out and hand him over so he can face the consequences alone not shield him or hide him let them provide those who did what happened simple and if you really want to defend them why can’t you match your family and yourself to the community instead of ranting on NL I think I answered your question
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Azazyel: 10:55pm On Mar 18
See the community people giving incomplete stories. Who then decapitated the bodies of the military men? They have refused to talk and are looking for sympathy from federal government. If they cannot provide names they should forget about peace
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Dpharisee: 10:59pm On Mar 18
Berbylish:
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is kelly, I gave birth to my boy Ayomide 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Am calling kind hearted people, please help save my boys life. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Prove;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WSGBsXgMnI?si=-g-Dt5PEoWOji3SN

Access Bank
Kelly Monday
Anthony Okeke you are back with another begging format grin
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by SoaringLife01: 11:00pm On Mar 18
The truth is now coming out that Okuama people didn't pull that stunt of killing those soldiers.Why would Nigerian Army go raid Olodiama 11 in Bayelsa State today killing suspected killers of the soldiers ?
Nigerian Army exhibited high unprofessionalism by razing down Okuama community without proper investigation.
For those who aren't aware, Okuama community has earlier sent a petition letter to Delta State Government about one of the indigenes from neighboring Ijaw community of Okoloba in Bomadi LGA fermenting trouble.
There should be a thorough investigation to bring to book those behind this act that have claimed the lives of harmless Nigerian citizens at Okuama community and those soldiers that were killed.
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Artscollection: 11:00pm On Mar 18
iichidodo:
There was no peace meeting, you don't go to seek for or mediate with an occupational force, complete with a commanding staff of colonel and majors thus there was never a peace meeting. It was simply a ruse to hit the people unawares,what for? Nobody knows exactly. But my guess was the military must have been caught up in a power tussle btw fueding oil bunkering tycoons tussling over space and all. Maybe they were in the pocket of one tycoon,who decided to use them and shakedown his rival. Of course this rival was having none of it and decided to f**k sh*t up...

This is The simple truth!! Alot of high ranking Officers involve
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by fortunechy(m): 11:00pm On Mar 18
This is only time they show their prowess.. Useless sets of people.
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Ipobfraud: 11:00pm On Mar 18
Have you seen someone that kills soldier and wait for reprisal ? Now if the person has absconded, what will you do or what will your neighborhood do? You lack sympathy, i pray someone from your hood kill a soldier, so we can see how you will manage the situation

Alexiiydon:
if someone in my hood kill a soldier we will March him out and hand him over so he can face the consequences alone not shield him or hide him let them provide those who did what happened simple and if you really want to defend them why can’t you match your family and yourself to the community instead of ranting on NL I think I answered your question
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by blacknp(m): 11:01pm On Mar 18
Azazyel:
See the community people giving incomplete stories. Who then decapitated the bodies of the military men? They have refused to talk and are looking for sympathy from federal government. If they cannot provide names they should forget about peace
They are all culpable, having confessed that after the peace meeting with the army, they refused to allow the army take away their supposed leaders for further interrogation.

Hence the violence erupted, stupid illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Goddyrichie(m): 11:01pm On Mar 18
nlfpmod:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/delta-army-opened-fire-killed-50-villagers-fleeing-residents/
if this is true make those militants kill all d yeye soldiers finish why killing innocent civilians mumu soldiers na wenti dem sabi b that
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by blacknp(m): 11:03pm On Mar 18
Goddyrichie:
if this is true make those militants kill all d yeye soldiers finish why killing innocent civilians mumu soldiers na wenti dem sabi b that
How can Nigeria ever be good when we have oblivious unpatriotic things like yourself as citizens?

They are all culpable, having confessed that after the peace meeting with the army, they refused to allow the army take away their supposed leaders for further interrogation.

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by gabbasin: 11:04pm On Mar 18
KingAzubuike:
Only a fool will belive the story of the army guys going for peace keeping mission. That's what the government wants the media to tell you. That's what they want you to know.

For there to be a reaction of such magnitude, it means the fùck ups of the military guys deployed there don dey full. It was definitely a case of a deal gone wrong.
Even the fleeing members of the community under siege admitted that the soldiers were there on a peacekeeping mission and you are saying only a fool will believe the army narration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by SoaringLife01: 11:04pm On Mar 18
urbobo20:
ekpa what does middle birth an eastan soldier know about our history in Delta state akpobolokemi is trying to take ur urhobo land through Nigeria army can't u get it

Akpobolokemi or Akpoboloekpa noh reach to take Urhobo lands in the riverine terrain.
I hope he should be investigated because he was petitioned by Okuama community before this sad incident happened.
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Ipobfraud: 11:05pm On Mar 18
You don’t know that some people are mad, they only know violence.

blacknp:
How can Nigeria ever be good when we have oblivious unpatriotic things like yourself as citizens?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Alexiiydon: 11:05pm On Mar 18
Ipobfraud:
Have you seen someone that kills soldier and wait for reprisal ? Now if the person has absconded, what will you do or what will your neighborhood do? You lack sympathy, i pray someone from your hood kill a soldier, so we can see how you will manage the situation

there is no way leaders from that community didn’t know about what happen because those people can’t act alone without being paid what happened there is contract killing so stop defending them and ask them to provide who did what happen simple... The Audacity 🖤

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:06pm On Mar 18
Benitoh:
Observing with rapt attention.

I pray the militants don't show up for direct and open confrontation with the soldiers.

They can't cos they are no match to them. They only ambushed those they killed cos they are not prepared...
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Alexiiydon: 11:08pm On Mar 18
Ipobfraud:

there is no way leaders from that community didn’t know about what happen because those people can’t act alone without being paid what happened there is contract killing so stop defending them and ask them to provide who did what happen simple... The Audacity 🖤and nobody can kill a soldier in my area or else he is ready to face the consequences you people call it Timid but WE CALL IT COMMON SENSE
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by blacknp(m): 11:08pm On Mar 18
gabbasin:
Even the fleeing members of the community under siege admitted that the soldiers were there on a peacekeeping mission and you are saying only a fool will believe the army narration.
You dey mind that oblivious Obidient KingAzubuike? Villagers that confessed that after the peace meeting, they refused to allow the army take away their supposed leaders for further interrogation, hence the violence erupted?

Well me I no blame those Igbo guys, anything against Federal government they must form opposition, it is in their DNA, just like their Oga Gringory Obi.
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Ipobfraud: 11:10pm On Mar 18
All i know is that karma is a bitch. What happened to A to day can also happen to B tomorrow.

Alexiiydon:
there is no way leaders from that community didn’t know about what happen because those people can’t act alone without being paid what happened there is contract killing so stop defending them and ask them to provide who did what happen simple... The Audacity 🖤
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Alexiiydon: 11:12pm On Mar 18
Ipobfraud:

you’re funny to say I lack sympathy so the soldiers killed don’t have a relative or family or you think non of them has pregnant wife maybe you’re the one who last sympathy those soldiers no even get sense they should have kill even the chickens dog and every living thing make them even poison there stream the Audacity 🖤

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Winning123: 11:12pm On Mar 18
FOOTSOLDIER2:

Dey play...you know wetin be Lt colonel? I laugh you in Swahili

You mind them with their useless comments. You murdered a Lt Colonel and you they call on Amnesty rubbish to come to your aid. They don't know what it means to rise to that level. The investment of the country in that man. Then you took 2 majors and a captain. Odi is in your state , you could have learned but no way. Former President Yaradua spent billions of dollars to rehabilitate them, yet they refuse to let go their criminal tendencies. The military will use them as a scapegoat for other community across the nation to learn.
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by blacknp(m): 11:13pm On Mar 18
Alexiiydon:
They are all culpable, having confessed that after the peace meeting with the army in the town hall, they refused to allow the army take away their supposed leaders for further interrogation.

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Alexiiydon: 11:13pm On Mar 18
Ipobfraud:
All i know is that karma is a bitch. What happened to A to day can also happen to B tomorrow.

it can only happen in the south East and what’s happening now don’t have karma the only Karma is what’s happening to them right now after killing those soldiers that A and B are the community and the soldiers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by Ipobfraud: 11:15pm On Mar 18
This is not the time to play politics or downsizing anyone, this is a serious case of innocent people been killed both the lost soldiers and the civilians and the soldiers are not leaving anytime soon.

blacknp:
You dey mind that oblivious Obidient KingAzubuike? Villagers that confessed that after the peace meeting, they refused to allow the army take away their supposed leaders for further interrogation, hence the violence erupted?

Well me I no blame those Igbo guys, anything against Federal government they must form opposition, it is in their DNA, just like their Oga Gringory Obi.
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by vanitybutiwanti: 11:15pm On Mar 18
hedonido:
The Nigerian Army is a cowardly force. The most cowardly in the world.

Is it a show of "strength" to kill unarmed and unthreatening compatriots?

If unknown persons killed your colleagues, painful as it is, why not do the painstaking work of investigating, tracking, smoking them out and bringing them to justice? Is that not how the United States, Israel, and the other big guys we all look up to do it?

So if your soldiers are killed in a particular village, you simply go there and kill every random soft target you see....knowing full well that the actual killer is uncertain or at large? Oya clap for yourselves.
It's always easy to pontificate and write trash on the Internet, you have no skin in the game and real life will always humble 'know it alls' like you.
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by blacknp(m): 11:16pm On Mar 18
Alexiiydon:
you’re funny to say I lack sympathy so the soldiers killed don’t have a relative or family or you think non of them has pregnant wife maybe you’re the one who last sympathy those soldiers no even get sense they should have kill even the chickens dog and every living thing make them even poison there stream the Audacity 🖤
That is my Local Government, Ughelli South, i support your assertion 100%.

Those useless illiterates, they never see wahala yet, less than 1 week they done dey wail for help? Make FG send air force for sky bombing.
Re: Soldiers Kill 50 Okuama Villagers – Fleeing Residents Say; Army Denies Claim by SoaringLife01: 11:16pm On Mar 18
spawnx:
Read more about military functions. They perform peace keeping, which is not limited to the use of deadly force. Mediation falls under peace keeping. Same thing the US and joint military forces were doing in Afghanistan and Iraq
The military perform peacekeeping function during or after war. Was there any war in Okuama community ?
Was Delta State government or Ughelli South LGA Chairman and other necessary parties aware of the so-called peace meeting ?
A thorough investigation should be set up to know the real people behind this act.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Customs Seizes Vehicles, Bullet Proof Jeeps (Photos) / Ritualists Hideout Uncovered In A Tunnel At The Challenge Area Of Mushin / Armed Robbers Shot Dead By Bauchi State Police Command (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.