Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Learning To Listen To God (4) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Learning To Listen To God (4) (55 Views)

How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learning To Listen To God (4) by Btruth: 6:12am On Mar 19
Learning to listen to God (4)

Tue, 19 Mar 2024

‘My immediate response was not to consult any human being.’ Galatians 1:16

God’s direction will often be followed by a season of preparation. And the length of that season is determined by the size of your assignment. So when God speaks to you, it’s not always wise to rush out and tell people. Who wouldn’t want to talk about the amazing experience Paul had with Christ on the Damascus road? And there would be a right time for Paul to do that – but not yet. So don’t move until God gives you the green light. Why? Two reasons:

1) You need time, maturing, and equipping
so that the word you have received can take root within you, grow, and be fulfilled in the way God wants.

2) Sometimes, God takes time to prepare the hearts of those He is sending you to.
Paul writes: ‘… my immediate response was not to consult any human being. I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus. Then, after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days. I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord's brother. I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.’ (Galatians 1:16-20 NIV). Paul knew people would find his calling unbelievable, and he had the wisdom to wait. He allowed God to go ahead of him and orchestrate the circumstances. And while he was waiting, he allowed the word he had received to grow and make changes in his life. Then, and only then, did he start doing what he was called to do. Paul didn’t try to convince anybody; he let God do that. And the end result? ‘And they praised God because of me.’ (Galatians 1:24 NIV).

(1) (Reply)

You Have What You Say. Part 34 / Spellbound: Bringing Back The Magic In Your Relationship / Rapture And Second Coming Happen At The Same Event - Nothing Otherwise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.