Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Two ‘Next-In-Lines’ That Never Became Olubadan Of Ibadan In Recent Years - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Two ‘Next-In-Lines’ That Never Became Olubadan Of Ibadan In Recent Years (25378 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan / Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Two ‘Next-In-Lines’ That Never Became Olubadan Of Ibadan In Recent Years by WorldRichest: 2:18pm On Mar 19
tivity101:
With all due respect to the great Ibadan people, is the position a ceremonial stool or it's a position where the Olubadn has to function in the capacity of a king, giving directives of day to day running of the kingdom? If the latter is the case , don't you think these men are too old for such duties.

You will need to first read about the history of Ibadan people, and Olubadan before you can understand the issue

2 Likes

Re: Two ‘Next-In-Lines’ That Never Became Olubadan Of Ibadan In Recent Years by BALLOSKI: 12:11am On Mar 20
MrProlific95:
Ibadan Royal lineage seems to have a clear succession arrangement, the Oyo Kingdom.
I thought he was next in line after the demise of the one that just passed on.
Re: Two ‘Next-In-Lines’ That Never Became Olubadan Of Ibadan In Recent Years by tivity101: 6:06am On Mar 20
Yeah I think I will have to

WorldRichest:

You will need to first read about the history of Ibadan people, and Olubadan before you can understand the issue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Aba (abia State) Or Usofia (anambra State) Pls Help! / Salihu Tanko, Emir Of Kagara Is Dead / Ooni Ogunwusi Celebrates 1 Year On Throne. Obasanjo, Soyinka, Igbinedion Attend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.