Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment (12280 Views)

Edo: Again, Court Rejects Shaibu's Plea To Stop Impeachment / Philip Shaibu, Edo Deputy Gov Wants Court To Halt Impeachment Against Him / APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by frankson1(m): 9:22pm On Mar 19
David0002:
Your political carrier is over. Lesson learnt. Always be loyal to your boss

He can still keep his political career alive if he resigns. He'd be the most fuullish and dullish politician if he allows them to impeach him.
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by Didi2d(m): 9:25pm On Mar 19
wunmi590:

Obaseki is really dealing with this man with full force...

Honestly, I hope PDP wins, because shuib will so bee happy ehn, I'm seeing shuib working with Labour Party to win the election

Yes, I think that's what he will do.
But even if he works for the Labour party, they won't still trust him
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by wunmi590(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19
Didi2d:

Yes, I think that's what he will do.
But even if he works for the Labour party, they won't still trust him

Lol, once a betrayal will always be a betrayal 😆

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by Segzy19: 9:28pm On Mar 19
If not for Shuaibu, Obaseki couldn't have been successful at betraying Oshiomole bit it was this Shuaibu that helped Obaseki.... Now he is facing his own Waterloo....

Shuaibu is the grassroot politician while Obaseki was just a technocrat who didn't know much about politics then ...

Shuaibu is a goner if care isn't taken

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by MaziObinnaokija: 9:28pm On Mar 19
grin forget from top yo bottom party. He'llgo back to APC and put sand sand into Obaseki anointed garri.Just wait and see him waving broom soon
wunmi590:

Honestly, I hope PDP wins, because shuib will so bee happy ehn, I'm seeing shuib working with Labour Party to win the election
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by wunmi590(m): 9:29pm On Mar 19
MaziObinnaokija:
grin forget from top yo bottom party. He'llgo back to APC and put sand sand into Obaseki anointed garri.Just wait and see him waving broom soon

Lol, it seems you know him very well 😆

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by theamazonguru(m): 9:37pm On Mar 19
ricson11:
I don laugh enter my neighbour kitchen warm their stew
Wetin you go find there.
Na thief dey your eye, talk true.

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by NaMe4: 9:43pm On Mar 19
The impeachment is inevitable.
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by David0002: 9:44pm On Mar 19
frankson1:

He can still keep his political career alive if he resigns. He'd be the most fuullish and dullish politician if he allows them to impeach him.

There is nothing else he can do since the court has declined to hear his case
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by NaMe4: 9:51pm On Mar 19
MaziObinnaokija:

Hmmm IDP!
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by ppogba: 9:52pm On Mar 19
He should have been prepared for this now.

Is he a learner in Nigerian politics?

Running from Pillar to Eyinmba may not save you o
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by favour32(m): 9:52pm On Mar 19
Dem must carry this man wipe ground.
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by MaziObinnaokija: 9:54pm On Mar 19
cool what goes around comes around. Serves him right
frankson1:

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by Uniquekriss(m): 9:58pm On Mar 19
wunmi590:

Obaseki is a patron in LP, the best Shaibu coukd do is to support APC faction.
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by jflower06(m): 10:07pm On Mar 19
If i am to advise the deputy governor, these will be my words for him:
1. Check the numbers of loyal legislators in your camp.
2. Check out the degree of their loyalty ( if they are ready yo swim or sink with you)
3. If you have convincing numbers, use them to stalk the process
4. If you don't have the 1-3 above, please resign honorably
5. Team up with the promising opposition candidate
Use Aregbesola's style so as to be politically relevant .
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by frankson1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 19
David0002:

There is nothing else he can do since the court has declined to hear his case

If he resigns and not get impeached, he can still contest for any political office in the future.

I don't even know what he's still doing with Obaseki after all the embarrassments.

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by Bimpe29: 10:25pm On Mar 19
Philip Shaibu's cup is full 🌝
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by mastermaestro(m): 10:39pm On Mar 19
MaziObinnaokija:

Unfortunately, Oshiomhole does not want him anymore. It's too late. He should have made his moves long before all the parties had their primaries.

Once Obaseki successfully impeaches him, the next move would be to revoke the C of O's of his landed properties in choice areas across the city. Dude is done for. Obaseki na wicked man o.
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by Cherrybae(f): 10:43pm On Mar 19
An injunction will issued tomorrow. The judge merely refused it cos the respondents have not been served.

Shaibu will overcome all hurdles. Im a senior lawyer and I can authoritatively say, by tomorrow an Injunction will be issued.

Shaibu is been backed by powerful men in govt
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by Theoarhics: 10:45pm On Mar 19
Laslas both Obaseki and Philip would lose. But Obaseki would be more affected cos the fights are too much and uncessary and it has cause much disunity among PDP member in Edo state. Those ppl that helped him win he second term are against him cos they feel betrayed by Obaseki.
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by Antoeni(m): 10:46pm On Mar 19
One of 48 Laws Power Says
Never Outshine Your master
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by GoodSpirit: 10:50pm On Mar 19
Osidazz19:
Edo no be Lagos grin

Why will any court intervene in the affairs of the legislature? This is the way it's supposed to be but if this had been about APC or Tinubu, the wailing wailers would be abusing the courts by now.
This is the same way that the River assembly has the right to impeach their Governor, it's perfectly legal. But the anti-Tinubu clan only reasons properly when it favors a side that they support.
Pathetic hypocrites.

Stipend don fall?
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by ogbonti: 10:51pm On Mar 19
LagosFirstSon:
End of the road for Shuaibu

I said it here some days ago- Shaibu may end up going to prison grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by blacknp(m): 10:54pm On Mar 19
David0002:
Your political carrier is over. Lesson learnt. Always be loyal to your boss
Question which of the bosses, Oshiomole or Obaseki?
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by blacknp(m): 10:55pm On Mar 19
GoodSpirit:

Stipend don fall?
Guilty conscience.
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by bhella10: 10:58pm On Mar 19
ipobarecriminals:
cool GAME OVAAAA grin grin otogbaaa grin
Don't you mean otogee grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by Foreverly02: 11:07pm On Mar 19
DEROX:
sad He may go impeached at the end.
Yeah
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by khattab02: 11:29pm On Mar 19
grin grin grin grin

."Edo no be lagos"

Hahaha
Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by press9jatv: 11:39pm On Mar 19
The clueless Philip Shaibu political career is over already. The good people of Edo State warned Philip but the clueless ingrate Philip no one listen niii. Philip will be impeached and nothing happens. Dr Asue Ighodalo will win the September governorship election in Edo State cos’ he’s the people’s choice. Even the Labour Party in Edo State will work for his emergence

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by press9jatv: 11:42pm On Mar 19
Theoarhics:
Laslas both Obaseki and Philip would lose. But Obaseki would be more affected cos the fights are too much and uncessary and it has cause much disunity among PDP member in Edo state. Those ppl that helped him win he second term are against him cos they feel betrayed by Obaseki.
you still never know the powers of a governor. Dey play here. Dr Asue Ighodalo will win the poll. All the Pdp leaders and members are solidly behind dr ASUE Ighodalo. Ighodalo is the people’s choice joor

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by press9jatv: 11:49pm On Mar 19
jflower06:
If i am to advise the deputy governor, these will be my words for him:
1. Check the numbers of loyal legislators in your camp.
2. Check out the degree of their loyalty ( if they are ready yo swim or sink with you)
3. If you have convincing numbers, use them to stalk the process
4. If you don't have the 1-3 above, please resign honorably
5. Team up with the promising opposition candidate
Use Aregbesola's style so as to be politically relevant .
it will never work in Edo state politics. Aregbesola have his way cos’ the Osun State people are heavily tired of APC government and need fresh start of new hands to takeover power niiii. And let me tell you here, Aregbesola political strength have hugely reduced in Osun State politics. Everyone knows why he work against oyetola reelection. And let me tell you here again, the people in Osun want a governor to emerge from Osun west senatorial district cos’ no governor has emerged from Osun west since 1999. So that was why the people voted a candidate from Osun West senatorial district. Also Oyetola is from Osun central senatorial district in which Osun central senatorial district have done more than 15 and half years including Oyetola that did first 4 years in his government. The people just want change niii and they see it clearly from Ade dancer government. It’s the people that decide who they will rule them in government.

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment by press9jatv: 11:52pm On Mar 19
MaziObinnaokija:
he can’t affect dr ASUE Ighodalo emergence to win the governorship poll. It’s the electorates in edo state that decides who they want and edo state electorates want dr Asue Ighodalo to win the Cos’ it’s the turn of Esan in Edo central senatorial district to emerge cos’ Esan people haven’t produce the governor before since 1999. Even the APC man, senator Monday will be rejected in the poll

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Handicapped Lawyer Beaten-up At Presidential Committee Hearing / Tight Security In Maiduguri As Senate President Visits / Bianca Ojukwu Says APGA Will Suffer For Injustice Against Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.