Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua (525 Views)

NNPCL Not Transparent On Subsidy, Dollar Revenues – World Bank / Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua / 2019 Elections: INEC Results Collation Process Not Transparent.. E. U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by bennybuhari: 7:39am On Mar 20
Anselm Ojezua, a former governorship aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo, says the party’s primary election was not transparent.

On February 22, Asue Ighodalo, a businessman, was declared the winner of the primary election.

Ighodalo won the election backed by the national working committee (NWC) of the party, while Philip Shaibu, the deputy governor of Edo, was announced the winner of another primary organised by a faction of the PDP in the state.

However, Ojezua, a former chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, has approached the court to challenge the validity of the primary that produced Ighodalo as the party’s flag bearer.

Speaking in a chat with TheCable, Ojezua said he is seeking redress in court because Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, “played a huge role in ensuring that the primary was not transparent”.

“I am not satisfied with the outcome. From the onset, I have expressed my impression that the process was neither transparent nor was it in obedience to the rules,” Ojezua told TheCable.

“Clearly, I didn’t get any support from him (Obaseki). As a matter of fact, it appeared that it was he who ensured that the process was neither transparent nor was it in accordance with the rules".

"My anger has nothing to do with who he supports. He is entitled to support whoever he likes. But I don’t think he is entitled to manipulate the process.

“The least he could have done was to ensure that the primaries were fair. But since he couldn’t do that, I’m actually challenging the process. I’m in court.”

https://www.thecable.ng/ex-guber-aspirant-obaseki-ensured-edo-pdp-primary-poll-not-transparent

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by bolaayenimo: 7:54am On Mar 20
Tinubu will use federal might for Obaseki. Wike and Shaibu will do the job
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by Chinjo2: 9:15am On Mar 20
You are challenging a process you boycotted.
Ojezua should not make himself an enemy of the Esan people. Your brother has emerged as candidate why not support him instead of allowing yourself to be used by Wike and Shaibu.
I know you don't mean well for the state. Your own is to decamp to any party in power.
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by bolaayenimo: 9:58am On Mar 20
He said Obaseki rigged the primaries. Didn't you read that?
Chinjo2:
Ojezua should not make himself an enemy of the Esan people. Your brother has emerged as candidate why not support him instead of allowing yourself to be used by Wike and Shaibu.
I know you don't mean well for the state. Your own is to decamp to any party in power.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:07am On Mar 20
Chinjo2:
he didn't even boycott he was there at ogbe stadium alongside omosede, etc

It was only ihama, Joefel, Shaibu that didn't show up in that primary so I wonder what's his problem again

Abi na another money e dey find, I wonder if he doesn't know he is now a traitor in his people eyes, so where does he think he would get votes
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by Isokiscool(m): 10:32am On Mar 20
bolaayenimo:
Tinubu will use federal might for Obaseki. Wike and Shaibu will do the job
And Edo people will use 2by4 plank on you and your type on election day.
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by Isokiscool(m): 10:34am On Mar 20
Chinjo2:
He didn't boycott the primaries sir,He was there at ogbe stadium and was beaten mercilessly

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by bolaayenimo: 10:54am On Mar 20
I dont think he boycotted
Chinjo2:
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by dalongjnr: 11:43am On Mar 20
PDP will not produce a candidate in the upcoming elected.
They will be disqualified.
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by senatordave1(m): 11:52am On Mar 20
Isokiscool:
And Edo people will use 2by4 plank on you and your type on election day.

Then you won't have a governor
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by senatordave1(m): 11:53am On Mar 20
dalongjnr:
PDP will not produce a candidate in the upcoming elected.
They will be disqualified.

Why sir? Are you for shuaibu
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by dalongjnr: 11:59am On Mar 20
senatordave1:

Why sir? Are you for shuaibu
I'm for non!
The legal war going on will consume the party.
I strongly believed that 3-5 of the aspirants that contested under the party will be in court.
For now,I know of two cases about the disputed primary elections.
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by senatordave1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20
dalongjnr:

I'm for non!
I strongly believed that 3-5 of the aspirants that contested under the party will be in court.

Exact,shuaibu is in court already plus two others who are aligned to orbih/wike faction.apc has quickly settled their issue.instead of foolish obaseki to appease shuaibu,he is stoking more fire
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by bolaayenimo: 12:50pm On Mar 20
Once Obaseki do the needful for them, they will keep quiet
dalongjnr:

I'm for non!
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by dalongjnr: 1:12pm On Mar 20
bolaayenimo:
Once Obaseki do the needful for them, they will keep quiet
You don't understand the game and the people behind the scene.
At the appointed time, all shall be revealed.
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by mohbadliveson: 8:58pm On Mar 21
reveal it now. who are the pipu?
dalongjnr:

You don't understand the game and the people behind the scene.
At the appointed time, all shall be revealed.
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by Paraman: 9:03pm On Mar 21
senatordave1:

Exact,shuaibu is in court already plus two others who are aligned to orbih/wike faction.apc has quickly settled their issue.instead of foolish obaseki to appease shuaibu,he is stoking more fire
Obaseki learn nothing from Atiku's ordeal
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by senatordave1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 21
Paraman:

Very true
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by mohbadliveson: 9:17pm On Mar 21
very true.
Paraman:
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by Isokiscool(m): 1:38pm On Mar 22
Paraman:
So he should have allowed Shuabu to have the ticket when it's the turn of Edo central??
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by Paraman: 1:49pm On Mar 22
Isokiscool:
So he should have allowed Shuabu to have the ticket when it's the turn of Edo central??
if you say so
Re: Obaseki Ensured That Edo PDP Governorship Primaries Was Not Transparent -ojezua by senatordave1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22
Isokiscool:

Allowed a level playing ground

(1) (Reply)

Lessons Everyone In South-south, Nigeria, Must Learn From The Okuama Saga. / Tribunal Re-affirms Oyinlola As Osun Governor / When Would Naija Have A Fast Train, Next 3 Centuries Perhaps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.