Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). (10176 Views)

Russia Deploys Advanced 'growler' Anti-aircraft Missile System In Syria / Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? / Wonders Of The Biafran War Tech (ogbunigwe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by Ohaneze1: 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Have you bothered to research how the OPC use exploding guinea-fowl eggs to destroy buildings and fend of attacks grin grin grin that invention steal takes the cake over any mass-duster. imagine if it was introduced in the Biafran war grin

Which OPC?? please disappear before I descend on you. Biafra held Nigeria with all its fire power for 30months (3years). OPC and entire Yoruba tribe cannot even stand such fire power for mere 24hrs. Ordinary boko haram almajris will finish you guys and your OPC.
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by texazzpete(m): 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2011
kettykin:

more like an Air defense system which proved very eefective for counter air, surface to air warfare and was aslo used for ground operations , Biafra had rather operated a very effective air defense and naval defense , prospectively speaking Biafra was simply overwhelmed by the Soviet Union's air Superiority and the United Kingdom Unbeatable warfare logistics.

Oya, explain to us how this 'ogbunigwe' could ever have been 'very effective' as an anti-aircraft weapon.

Which one be 'Soviet Union's air superiority'? Were you sober when you posted this?!

2 Likes

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by Librate(m): 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
texazzpete:

Anyone who calls this an 'anti-aircraft missile' has to be shot on sight for stupidity.

So you weld a simple tube, pack in explosives, put in pebbles and other small material for shrapnel, add springs to dampen vibration and to handle recoil and then you say you have an anti-aircraft missile?

It's a pity Nigerians are so poorly educated that this crude implement can be hyped beyond belief as an 'anti-aircraft missile'.

As Jakumo says, this probably drew inspiration from mortars of the day as well as ancient cannons firing grapeshot. What is clear is that this weapon had virtually no chance of ever bringing down any aircraft.
sometimes i begin to wonder if ur upstairs are mentally alert, u re jus jealous of the great OGBUNIGWE(KILLS IN MILLIONS). ur tribesmen must be downcasted by your wacko,tribalistic,unreasonable comments.
however wen last did u KISS MY A.S.S, oya continue from where u stopped KISS MY A.S.S
extremist

2 Likes

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by ak47mann(m): 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
grin grin

wonder why they refuse to see the truth,ignorance is a disease.
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by vanstanzy(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
meonbooty:

Maybe there was no technique in the first place.

Was that shyt an anti aircraft missile or an anti grass missile? I thought it was a tractor . On closer look, it actually looks like a mouse trap?

U ARE MOST DEFINITELY YORUBA. I CAN UNDERSTAND UR PLIGHT. ITS CALLED JEALOUSY AND ENVY, VERY PECULIAR WITH UR PEOPLE.

2 Likes

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by vanstanzy(m): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
texazzpete: Anyone who calls this an 'anti-aircraft missile' has to be shot on sight for stupidity.

So you weld a simple tube, pack in explosives, put in pebbles and other small material for shrapnel, add springs to dampen vibration and to handle recoil and then you say you have an anti-aircraft missile?

It's a pity Nigerians are so poorly educated that this crude implement can be hyped beyond belief as an 'anti-aircraft missile'.

As Jakumo says, this probably drew inspiration from mortars of the day as well as ancient cannons firing grapeshot. What is clear is that this weapon had virtually no chance of ever bringing down any aircraft.

ITS SO FUNNY AND REALLY VERY INTERESTING THAT THE YORUBA MAN IS ALWAYS VERY JEALOUS AND ENVIOUS OF HIS NEIGHBORS. MAKE IT IN LIFE, AND THEY ENVY YOU. DON'T MAKE IT IN LIFE, AND THEY STILL ENVY YOU.
WHEN UR LAZINESS, FILTH AND GLUTTONY WON'T ALLOW U LOT DO ANYTHING OR THINK ANYTHING GOOD.
JEALOUSY AND ENVY WILL NEVER HELP YOU LOT, PERIOD. SMH!

1 Like

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by vanstanzy(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
MORE GREASE TO UR ELBOW, BEAF. VERY INFORMATIVE PIECE.
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by nduchucks: 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
This Ogbunigwe crap is the biggest 419 ever perpetrated on the biafrans and everyone else alike. Not a single person has been able to provide anyone with the machine tools used to manufacture the Ogbunigwe let alone its launcher. Did they use scrap from existing metals in their manufacturing process, or was it Okija juju which was employed to reform scarp metal into this so-called weapon?

If the weapon was worth anything, why has no one been able to obtain a patent for it? Why is it that Ogbunigwe only existed in biafra? Ogbunigwe is nothing but a hoax and a propaganda tool which was used to decieve innocent biafran soldiers into dying for nothing!

Nonsense and ingredients!!!

2 Likes

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by macjive01: 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
I believe u just read a chronology of how the ogwunikwe came about, and just saw a picture of it in the Biafra museum umuahia ?

Patent ? No single person owns it, Biafra lost, so does her intellectural rights , they only person who can make a claim on this is dead - ojukwu, next is FG.

Now which FG body is remotely concern with inventions ?

1 Like

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by nduchucks: 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
macjive01: I believe u just read a chronology of how the ogwunikwe came about, and just saw a picture of it in the Biafra museum umuahia ?

Patent ? No single person owns it, Biafra lost, so does her intellectural rights , they only person who can make a claim on this is dead - ojukwu, next is FG.

Now which FG body is remotely concern with inventions ?

The account you are citing is bogus. Where are the engineering drawings/designs for this device which is no more sophisticated than a "bisco", if you know what that is?
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by geez1: 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ohaneze1: For yoreoba dolts on this thread who never believed that Igbos are African Jews just like there is American Jews:

"On March 31, 1968: Biafran army won their biggest battle. by ambushing and destroying a 96-vehicle column of Nigerian soldiers with locally hand made bomb called [Ogbunigwe or bucket bomb]. The humiliating Abagana defeat to Nigerian soldiers prompted General Yakubu Gowon to remove Col. Murtala Mohammed as the General Commanding Officer of the Onitsha sector."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abagana

So how cone you didn't win the war?

1 Like

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
Biafran firecracker, aka banger. I doubt if it could bring down a mosquito, not to mention an aircraft.
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by drnoel: 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
nwabobo: Here is the picture of the Ogbunigwe launcher as displayed at the National War museum Umuahia.
From that pix the equipment can not be easy to carry. It would require at least 5 men to lift it. I wonder how they accomplished firing enough of it to cause so mush destruction.
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by T9ksy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ohaneze1:

Which OPC?? please disappear before I descend on you.Biafra held Nigeria with all its fire power for 30months (3years). OPC and entire Yoruba tribe cannot even stand such fire power for mere 24hrs. Ordinary boko haram almajris will finish you guys and your OPC.

@ bolded, that's arguable however what is certain is that when nigeria decided to get serious with the rebels, they capitulated within

6 months!

As for your comment about OPC and the entire yoruba tribe, i ask, where was your ogbunigwe when your rag-tag army was annihilated at Ore? Not only that but

also , they were chased all way back to their "Jungle of the rising sun".

If you lot truly believe in your prowess, then i suggest you invade yorubaland again.
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by ikeyman00(m): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
@@@

hmm
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by kunlekunle: 4:38am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by birdman(m): 5:34am On Dec 13, 2012
texazzpete: Anyone who calls this an 'anti-aircraft missile' has to be shot on sight for stupidity.

It was designed for low flying aircraft, according to article, flying up to 30m in the air. The only reason to fly aircraft that low is to avoid anti aircraft guns and rdar( which I doubt either side had). Read before criticizing, Einstein.

By the way, I doubt this would have been effective against aircraft. You would need uncanny aim, and would probably die in the process. But eh, no harm in trying cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by birdman(m): 6:00am On Dec 13, 2012
Ohaneze1: For yoreoba dolts on this thread who never believed that Igbos are African Jews just like there is American Jews:

"On March 31, 1968: Biafran army won their biggest battle. by ambushing and destroying a 96-vehicle column of Nigerian soldiers with locally hand made bomb called [Ogbunigwe or bucket bomb]. The humiliating Abagana defeat to Nigerian soldiers prompted General Yakubu Gowon to remove Col. Murtala Mohammed as the General Commanding Officer of the Onitsha sector."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abagana

That was Murtala's loss, not an ogbunigwe win. He loved sending hordes of soldiers into the line of fire, hoping a few would reach the other side, by sheer will cheesy. If you have a weapon that can propel pellets about 15 meters in a reasonably wide path, this would make the battle like a computer game. However, you will notice ogbunigwe doesnt have much success anywhere else. Once you know its there, it becomes useless - because if you spread out, each ogbunigwe shot then kills only one or two soldiers. Essentially, it becomes a very expensive, hard to carry, slow to load rifle with a very expensive bullet - not what you ant when you barely have rifles to go around.

1 Like

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by OgidiBoy(m): 6:15am On Dec 13, 2012
I wish all the people talking trash would go watch the youtube clip above and see the Ogbunigwe been fired.
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by ebere1712: 6:24am On Dec 13, 2012
Haha smiley . See the mgbatis convulsing with their slave mouths. We lost the war, but maintained our dignity. Listen to the Biafran anthem and you would hear us say that we would die for all those values we hold dear. We love oursleves, our territory and our culture. We think yous and every other devil on earth are imbeciles and don't deserve our attention. Don't start another one. Their would be no mercy. We would annihilate both slaves and devils. The whole western devils and their slaves fought the umu CHUKWU. And we owned their as.ses to the very end. At the same time; when the brave warriors of Biafra were fighting devils army and purging our lands of imbeciles, you slaves were all over the news; begging your masters (that took you as slaves), to come and protect yous from the wrought of CHUKWU. Your fathers were amala or kunu gulping imbeciles; with no respect for self. Our fathers fought to protect their children, territory, and way of life. Thank you to our great warriors (fathers and mothers) cool We are very grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by supereagle(m): 6:39am On Dec 13, 2012
It was a mistake allowing Biafra to remain part of Nigeria today. Their Sons have soiled the good Image of Nigeria through organized International Crimes:Drug pushing ,419, Kidnapping is more rampant in the south east than any other parts of the country.Most crimes committed out Nigeria, Igbo Men are behind them.
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by Freewilly(f): 7:46am On Dec 13, 2012
supereagle: It was a mistake allowing Biafra to remain part of Nigeria today. Their Sons have soiled the good Image of Nigeria through organized International Crimes:Drug pushing ,419, Kidnapping is more rampant in the south east than any other parts of the country.Most crimes committed out Nigeria, Igbo Men are behind them.

You here talking international crimes,Come to Houston that has the highest population of Nigerians in the US and ask which tribe commits the most crimes and you'll see it's the Yorubas. I bet you've never traveled out of your Yoruba village and here talking international. Oh well I don't blame you, I blame the Internet.

1 Like

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by tchaik(m): 8:27am On Dec 13, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Have you bothered to research how the OPC use exploding guinea-fowl eggs to destroy buildings and fend of attacks grin grin grin that invention steal takes the cake over any mass-duster. imagine if it was introduced in the Biafran war grin

Used extensively during the Ife/Modakeke crisis!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by ebere1712: 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
supereagle: It was a mistake allowing Biafra to remain part of Nigeria today. Their Sons have soiled the good Image of Nigeria through organized International Crimes:Drug pushing ,419, Kidnapping is more rampant in the south east than any other parts of the country.Most crimes committed out Nigeria, Igbo Men are behind them.
Show me a rich mgbati and I can trace his/her criminal links for you. From obasanjos's ota farm, to adenuga's glo. Bunch of criminals. Wait till the Niger-deltans come for payback. You slaves would have to vomit all those money you stole from them (using NUPENG) and spent on owambe.

4 Likes

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by Olaolufred(m): 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
ndu_chucks: This Ogbunigwe crap is the biggest 419 ever perpetrated on the biafrans and everyone else alike. Not a single person has been able to provide anyone with the machine tools used to manufacture the Ogbunigwe let alone its launcher. Did they use scrap from existing metals in their manufacturing process, or was it Okija juju which was employed to reform scarp metal into this so-called weapon?

If the weapon was worth anything, why has no one been able to obtain a patent for it? Why is it that Ogbunigwe only existed in biafra? Ogbunigwe is nothing but a hoax and a propaganda tool which was used to decieve innocent biafran soldiers into dying for nothing!

Nonsense and ingredients!!!

The bolded is exactly what happened.
Things like this will boost the moral of the people, and the leaders will make them believe that no nation in the world can manoeuvre biafra's airspace again.
Some others magical charms may be given to make them AK 47 won't do them anything.
42 years after the whole thing, we know the story.
I commend the Igbos for doing something to help themselves.
But it is better to take WISE decision and save yourselves from the pressure of Make-shift technologies.
You can still get them without puting yourself in a very tight corner.
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by ba7man(m): 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
That aint no anti-aircraft missile??
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by Malawian(m): 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
drnoel:
From that pix the equipment can not be easy to carry. It would require at least 5 men to lift it. I wonder how they accomplished firing enough of it to cause so mush destruction.
I AM SURE 10 YORUBA MEN IS NEEDED TO LIFT IT LET ALONE MANEUVER IT. DONT BE EQUATING IGBOMEN WITH YARIBAMEN. ABEG, NO DULLING HERE O.
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by texazzpete(m): 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
vanstanzy:

ITS SO FUNNY AND REALLY VERY INTERESTING THAT THE YORUBA MAN IS ALWAYS VERY JEALOUS AND ENVIOUS OF HIS NEIGHBORS. MAKE IT IN LIFE, AND THEY ENVY YOU. DON'T MAKE IT IN LIFE, AND THEY STILL ENVY YOU.
WHEN UR LAZINESS, FILTH AND GLUTTONY WON'T ALLOW U LOT DO ANYTHING OR THINK ANYTHING GOOD.
JEALOUSY AND ENVY WILL NEVER HELP YOU LOT, PERIOD. SMH!

That's all well and good, but i am not Yoruba...and you're a m0r0n. grin
Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by mildteddy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2013

All we can do is thank God that it had no aircraft to bring down when it was designed, because if mere RPG can bring down the BLACK HAWK, an American Helicopter,in Somalia, I don't see how this weapon that stopped an invasion can't. Mind you that the bombers in those days are not that accurate, so they had to fly at lower altitude in other to hit their targets more accurately.

1 Like

Re: Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). by mildteddy(m): 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
ba7man: That aint no anti-aircraft missile??
As if you can tell if you see one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan - Boko-Haram Cant Frustrate Nigeria / How Quest For Money Collapsed Fresh PDP / All Recovered Illegally Acquired Assets To Be Sold — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.