Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue (1446 Views)

Man Who’s Sleeping With Rich Married Woman Seeks Help To Save His Life (video) / Take Advantage Of Bazouka To Solve Ur Joystick Size Problem / My Sister Is A Lesbian, I Need Help To Cure Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Saynotobet9ja: 2:03pm On Mar 20
A few weeks ago I made a post here about my issue with my statement of result date of graduation not corresponding with the one sent by my school to NYSC.

After listening to advice,I decided to enter night bus to my school immediately because I received that statement of result just two days before camp opens and I didn't want to forfeit so I made way to my school(UNN) from Lagos, got it corrected and from school I made way to camp.The logistics involved in transporting myself to school ate deep into my finances as it was a trip I didn't plan for.

I managed to get to camp(okada camp in Edo).I was in camp for 3 weeks and on the day of our pop,I was posted to a community secondary school in etsako central LGA in Edo.

I got to my PPA to familiarise myself with the environment and also meet with the principal.I was also given a room in the corpers lodge.

Now the issue I'm having is this,I need pot,plates and gas cooker to help with my survival there.I would appreciate it if anyone currently in Edo can dash fairly used ones.My PPA is a village.There is no light there and the network fluctuates at intervals.I would also appreciate if I can get get a power bank as I have none.

I know you might want to say we are paid but the truth is that the corpers allowance is barely enough to sustain our needs and the cost of transportation in etsako central is very high.There are no public buses plying the route to our village so your only means of transport is through bike.i have already spent about 15000 naira on transport alone already.

Please help me if you can.I will be grateful.Incase you need my corpers state code or iD card to confirm,I am willing to provide it.Thanks.
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Saynotobet9ja: 2:07pm On Mar 20
Thanks
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by imagrg(m): 2:22pm On Mar 20
Okay
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Nemesis0147(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20
What happened to redeployment?
Una like stress sha…Ontop NYSC faa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Lalami3232(m): 3:06pm On Mar 20
tongue
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Saynotobet9ja: 3:15pm On Mar 20
Nemesis0147:
What happened to redeployment?
Una like stress sha…Ontop NYSC faa

I have considered redeployment but after doing my calculations,I figured it will be far more expensive for me to relocate.The time, money and stress I will use in convincing my local government inspector to approve my relocation and also looking for another PPA that will take me in would be better channeled into preparing to start life in my current PPA.

4 Likes

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by samwash(m): 3:43pm On Mar 20
I believe you just graduate, where are your cooking things you used in school ? No one follow you go house?
Tell us the precise village you where posted to, someone close to you may help you out or better still talk to your school principal about it.

1 Like

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Saynotobet9ja: 3:55pm On Mar 20
samwash:
I believe you just graduate, where are your cooking things you used in school ? No one follow you go house?
Tell us the precise village you where posted to, someone close to you may help you out or better still talk to your school principal about it.

I stayed in the hostel in school so the pots and plates in my room was used by every room mate.Gas cooker isn't allowed in hostels.i've talked to the principal but he doesn't really seem interested.he feels I should solve the issue on my own
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Balablue64: 4:09pm On Mar 20
Are you sure you did not use all your money to bet9ja like dis, how can a human being not have basic things like gas cooker, plate, pot and spoon.
Come abi you wan give us format.

1 Like

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Saynotobet9ja: 4:29pm On Mar 20
Balablue64:
Are you sure you did not use all your money to bet9ja like dis, how can a human being not have basic things like gas cooker, plate, pot and spoon.
Come abi you wan give us format.

How? I don't understand.I don't play bets.

1 Like

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Nemesis0147(m): 5:19pm On Mar 20
Saynotobet9ja:

I have considered redeployment but after doing my calculations,I figured it will be far more expensive for me to relocate.The time, money and stress I will use in convincing my local government inspector to approve my relocation and also looking for another PPA that will take me in would be better channeled into preparing to start life in my current PPA.
why didn’t you wait until you are ready to serve?
U just wan wear khaki
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by GeorgeForeman: 7:47pm On Mar 22
Hmmm
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by ScottSummers: 7:07am On Mar 23
I feel for you bro.its not an easy situation

1 Like

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by BabbanBura(m): 7:24am On Mar 23
I understand your situation and I am willing to help, ordinarily I would ask if you don't have family or friends that you will have to come here begging for help. I will reach out to you but please note that:

1. You need to build good relationships with people in your host community including the principal - i find it hard to understand why the principal will not show any concern about your situation, perhaps you gave a wrong first impression or the corp members before you have messed up big time. Typically these are things the principal and/or school can provide to you temporarily to help you settle in

2. Build a saving culture so you won't be in this kind of situation when you are done with NYSC

3. I am concerned about your future serving in such a remote area with poor network and difficult relating with the outside world. Service year should get you prepared for real life after school - e.g. searching for scholarships, grants for business, building networks for work life, putting in applications for jobs or further education, strengthening courtship for marriage, acquiring additional skills/new skill, brushing your ICT skills, personal grooming etc. You are honestly a bit disadvantaged being in that remote environment. But sha be positive and put in your best in your service to the community and also in preparing yourself for real life.

We can talk some more when we connect,

Regards

1 Like

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Saynotobet9ja: 8:36am On Mar 23
BabbanBura:
I understand your situation and I am willing to help, ordinarily I would ask if you don't have family or friends that you will have to come here begging for help. I will reach out to you but please note that:

1. You need to build good relationships with people in your host community including the principal - i find it hard to understand why the principal will not show any concern about your situation, perhaps you gave a wrong first impression or the corp members before you have messed up big time. Typically these are things the principal and/or school can provide to you temporarily to help you settle in

2. Build a saving culture so you won't be in this kind of situation when you are done with NYSC

3. I am concerned about your future serving in such a remote area with poor network and difficult relating with the outside world. Service year should get you prepared for real life after school - e.g. searching for scholarships, grants for business, building networks for work life, putting in applications for jobs or further education, strengthening courtship for marriage, acquiring additional skills/new skill, brushing your ICT skills, personal grooming etc. You are honestly a bit disadvantaged being in that remote environment. But sha be positive and put in your best in your service to the community and also in preparing yourself for real life.

We can talk some more when we connect,

Regards

Okay
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:29pm On Mar 23
Which village you dey in Etsako central?
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by GeorgeForeman: 10:23pm On Mar 25
Aaaaarghmed:
Which village you dey in Etsako central?
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by Goodlady(f): 10:42pm On Mar 25
Saynotobet9ja:
A few weeks ago I made a post here about my issue with my statement of result date of graduation not corresponding with the one sent by my school to NYSC.

After listening to advice,I decided to enter night bus to my school immediately because I received that statement of result just two days before camp opens and I didn't want to forfeit so I made way to my school(UNN) from Lagos, got it corrected and from school I made way to camp.The logistics involved in transporting myself to school ate deep into my finances as it was a trip I didn't plan for.

I managed to get to camp(okada camp in Edo).I was in camp for 3 weeks and on the day of our pop,I was posted to a community secondary school in etsako central LGA in Edo.

I got to my PPA to familiarise myself with the environment and also meet with the principal.I was also given a room in the corpers lodge.

Now the issue I'm having is this,I need pot,plates and gas cooker to help with my survival there.I would appreciate it if anyone currently in Edo can dash fairly used ones.My PPA is a village.There is no light there and the network fluctuates at intervals.I would also appreciate if I can get get a power bank as I have none.

I know you might want to say we are paid but the truth is that the corpers allowance is barely enough to sustain our needs and the cost of transportation in etsako central is very high.There are no public buses plying the route to our village so your only means of transport is through bike.i have already spent about 15000 naira on transport alone already.

Please help me if you can.I will be grateful.Incase you need my corpers state code or iD card to confirm,I am willing to provide it.Thanks.
How do we know you are a corper wire (corps member).
Nairaland's GoFundMe is very strict and we all need help like UN children. In fact, some people's story dey pathetic more than ya own. So don't come and use bread to soak out soup before you swallow it.
How do we know you are for real before contributing our hard earned naira?

1 Like

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by GeorgeForeman: 2:43am On Mar 26
Goodlady:

Nairaland's GoFundMe is very strict and we all need help like UN children. In fact, some people's story dey pathetic more than ya own. So don't come and use bread to soak out soup before you swallow it.

I think he's real because I reached out through the number he provided.he sent me his nysc Id and PPA acceptance letter. he even sent me his nin slip sef to confirm his name and phone number.i sha sent him 2k because na wetin I get to give am be that.

1 Like

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by NosaIgiebor: 8:29am On Mar 26
Etsako central my hometown grin. Na villages full there o

1 Like

Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by NosaIgiebor: 12:34pm On Mar 26
Goodlady:

Pretty girl howfar
Your beauty caught my attention so it's your lucky day
You get to have the privilege of having me ask for your digits cool
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by GeorgeForeman: 2:48pm On Mar 26
NosaIgiebor:
Etsako central my hometown grin. Na villages full there o

Which side in etsako are you from?
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by zed7: 3:44pm On Mar 26
GeorgeForeman:

I think he's real because I reached out through the number he provided.he sent me his nysc Id and PPA acceptance letter. he even sent me his nin slip sef to confirm his name and phone number.i sha sent him 2k because na wetin I get to give am be that.
Perhaps you can also show the transfer you made to him showing his name matching with his Nysc id card as you seem to be in the verification mood. Those of us with plenty years here have seen a lot, all forms of schemes exist here, nothing new.
Re: A Corp Member Needs Help To Solve This Issue by GeorgeForeman: 4:21pm On Mar 26
zed7:

Perhaps you can also show the transfer you made to him showing his name matching with his Nysc id card as you seem to be in the verification mood. Those of us with plenty years here have seen a lot, all forms of schemes exist here, nothing new.

I made the transfer through pos my man.if u want to verify him ,message him na.i messaged him on whatsapp and just asked for his nysc Id,call up no,PPA letter and nin

(1) (Reply)

10,000 Naira Gifting / Tyrese Gibson's Heart-Wrenching Confession: 'I'm Still Living in Fear of My Ex' / ~what Do U Ladies Tink~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.