Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide (10582 Views)

Normalcy Will Soon Return To Filling Stations Nationwide – NUPENG / Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th / Pictures Of Proposed Railway Stations Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide by Kossy04: 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2011
Leave PHCN, it's Aso Rock you guys are supposed to take over, every other thing will fall in place.
Re: Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide by egin2(m): 11:09pm On Nov 15, 2011
AT LEAST SOME MONEY WILL BE INVOLVED TO SAFE GUARD THE AILING STATIONS,
kl2020:

are the power sations working? why are the soldiers wasting thier time guarding them?
Re: Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide by Adeg30: 1:53am On Nov 16, 2011
Ive had electricity for the last 24hrs! grin
Re: Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide by sebastinta(m): 5:51am On Nov 16, 2011
Boyloaf:

imagine! because of u fools, i've bn in darkness since yesterday.

u and ur families are F O O L S
Re: Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide by sebastinta(m): 5:55am On Nov 16, 2011
jmoore:

I think some nigerians are lucky while some are not. Where I reside in aba we have 16~18 hrs of light daily on average. we still have light now as I am posting this message. As for the nepa workers they are seeking selfish purposes.

wat selfish purpose, running for once life is selfish? put urself in dere shoes nd use dat head of urs
Re: Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide by jason2010(m): 6:06am On Nov 16, 2011
Kossy04:

Leave PHCN, it's Aso Rock you guys are supposed to take over, every other thing will fall in place.

I couldn't have said this any better. You goddamn right that Aso Rock is what the soldiers are supposed to take over. Stable power is not coming to Nigeria anytime soon as long as PDP is still in power. Here is my reason, I personally know somebody that one of the mega power plant companies is owing 30 mil naira since January for supply of materials. Not just him, 85% of the contractors. The remaining 15% gets paid immidiately because they have long legs (meaning they know somebody highup there in Abj). The reason the power plant keeps giving him is that the federal govt has not paid them (the power plant company), so they dont have money to pay thier contractors. Mind you he also borrowed money from UBA for the supply that he did. Which means that the bank predatory interest rates keeps adding on

Another gentleman that I sat next to on the plane also told me that a power plant in Bayelsa is owning him 15 million naira (that he borrowed from the bank to supply sand) since April, not just him too, almost all the contractors. He further told me that the government is not paying on time at any of the power site. So imagine if this is what goes on at all the power site

Now all these contractors are discouraged and turned off what supplying materials at these sites because they say that they are loosing money. These means that sooner or later, work will stall or stop or start dragging at these site because of lack of material. All this is contrary to what GEJ,his PDP guys, power minister, and even some folks on Nairaland keeps telling us

The bottom line is that Goodluck Jonathan is not going to help us, he is business as usual. Read up on the guy, he is a loyalist, which means that he will be very loyal to all the sharks that surround him in the PDP party. Look if we want to get things done in Nigeria, we need to Occupy Aso Rock, like my man Kossy04 pointed out. We really need to start having these conversations on Nairaland, and it shouldn't be just mere rhetorics folks. READ MY WRITING, "WE ARE NOT GOING TO SEE STABLE POWER IN THE NEXT TEN YEAR AS LONG AS WE SIT ON OUR MONKEY ASSES AND DO NOTHING"
Re: Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide by buJu234: 8:58am On Nov 16, 2011
is PHCN even working sef; i heard they are planning to go on strike,

they should pack their things and go to their village,
Re: Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide by dfanthom(m): 10:02am On Nov 16, 2011
9ja. . . . .

they always find a way of living up to their reputation in this theatre of the absurd!

africa, ma africa!!!
Re: Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide by OlaPhils(m): 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2011
i guess God knows why nothing works Nigeria, cos if everything works, still Nigerians will never be satisfied. maybe one day some one will challenge God from Nigeria. WISE ONES. other countries are busy inventing with there wisdom, you are busy condemning every thing with your own wisdom. pls check the achievement of this small country call UNITED ARAB EMIRATE in just few years. december 2nd , they mark their 40th independent aniversary. KEEP SAYING RUBISH WITH UR MOUTH MY COUNTRY MEN AND WOMEN
Re: Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide by 989900: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2011
cry cry cry Major reason most Nigerians leave and don't even bother comming back. This is sad, considering the fact that everyone would now be forced to smoke their hard earned money in generators. Keep making the Otedolas and Dangotes and co. richer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport / Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity / Borno Govt Gave Kidnapped Chibok Parents 100,000 Naira Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.