Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos (7671 Views)

NNPCL, Partner Begin Oil Production At OML 85, Target 20,000BPD / BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant / Waltersmith Modular Refinery And 33 Brewery In Imo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Ibrahimcoomasie: 4:05am On Mar 21
MIDOil Refining and Petrochemicals Company Limited has concluded plans to commence the construction of a 100,000 barrels per day modular refinery at Sekungba/Ejinrin, Ikosi/Ejinrin Local Council Development Area of Lagos State.

The Executive Chairman of MIDOil, Mrs Elizabeth-Omolara Akintonde, disclosed during the unveiling of a three-in-one investment opportunity recently.

According to Akintonde, the desire to establish a refinery was conceived over a decade ago with an official of the then Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Hajiya Amina Abdullahi.

“As a marketer of refined petroleum products since 1984, I saw the need to contribute to the growth of our dear country, Nigeria, and Hajiya Amina Abdullahi agreed. This gave birth to the present move to establish a modular refinery in Lagos State,” she said.

Akintonde said the refining company was registered on April 12, 2012.

The MIDOil Refining and Petrochemicals Company chairman explained that a large expanse of land was acquired from the administration of former Governor Babatunde Fashola, stating that the land allocation letter was received from the Lagos State Government on April 24, 2014.

“Subsequently, on January 24, 2017, we have approved the licenses to establish by the then Department of Petroleum Resources,” she remarked.

Speaking on the delay in executing the project, Akintonde said: “It has taken MIDOil 10 years to secure interested investors that are willing to invest in Nigeria and in our project. But to the glory of God Almighty, we now have three consortiums of investors willing to invest $5bn with us.

“The sourcing of the investment from overseas and the required licenses from the agencies of the Nigerian government, like the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission, the Federal and State Ministries of Environment, the state Ministry of Waterways, the Nigerian Navy, and the police, have been the major reasons for the delay.”

According to Akintonde, July 12 has been scheduled for the groundbreaking of the proposed modular refinery.

That, she said, would also include the establishment of MIDOil Filling Stations nationwide.

While presenting cheques to the host communities, Akintonde urged the Lagos State Government and community leaders to check the excesses of land grabbers in the state.

She appealed to the government to educate traditional settlers to support efforts by companies to transform their communities for good, expressing concern over the spate of land grabbing in the communities where the refinery would be sited.

When completed, the 100,000 barrels per day refinery will be the second in Lagos after the Dangote oil refinery.

https://punchng.com/midoil-to-build-100000bpd-modular-refinery-in-lagos/?amp

14 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Ogbuu101: 4:11am On Mar 21
Una de build refinery far away from the source of the raw materials.
Ok oo

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Biodun556(m): 4:13am On Mar 21
G

1 Like

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by chopnaira: 4:15am On Mar 21
Ogbuu101:
Ok oo
The oil, even if not from Nigeria, may be imported from overseas as Nigeria's cargo may already be purchased/bought into the future.

19 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Putindbutt: 5:27am On Mar 21
Era of subsidy is gone, marketers are begining to invest in refineries. I want to thank president Tinubu for taking the tough decision.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by KingKO22: 5:36am On Mar 21
Ogbuu101:
Ok oo

Crying as usual 😁😂😂😂

The second private refinery in Lagos and many more to follow.
Russia supplying the entire Europe their gas and oil so why this stwupppliid question 😄😄😁😂

Keep hating Lagos and SW, we are the most advanced and sophisticated black race on earth.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Kaycee9242(m): 5:40am On Mar 21
Just as Dangote built and uptil now we have not seen any impact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by KingKO22: 5:42am On Mar 21
The enemies of progress called the Lekki deep sea port w white elephant project yet it becomes a reality

They called the train project a lie but were disappointed as it was commissioned

Let's hear from them again ☺️😁🤣

27 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Chinkoalhaji34: 5:44am On Mar 21
This is a great development for the growth of our country and I hope it will provide job opportunities for the people in the community.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by CannibalTorment: 5:48am On Mar 21
Akintonde said the refining company was registered on April 12, 2012.
Jesus , can you imagine, who says Tinubu is not working

15 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by chopnaira: 6:14am On Mar 21
Chinkoalhaji34:
This is a great development for the growth of our country and I hope it will provide job opportunities for the people in the community.
100%.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by humilitypays(m): 6:15am On Mar 21
Akintonde said the refining company was registered on April 12, 2012

Bola Tinubu we de greet you oh, well done sir.

Another Babangida is about to make another Alakija who is just a tailor the owner of the biggest oil firms in Nigeria cum richest black woman in the world lipsrsealed

I fear who no fear past and present Nigerian Presidents; they can turn a Bicycle repairer to a dollar billionaire in just one week cheesy

Abeg oh, who go connect me to Boudillion, I am a trained Barbar make I de Barb there maybe I go fit buy an oil well tomorrow, make thunder fire Amadioha shocked

1 Like

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Slytiger: 6:40am On Mar 21
The more the merrier.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Slytiger: 6:42am On Mar 21
CannibalTorment:
Jesus , can you imagine, who says Tinubu is not working
Bottle necks and redtapes are being removed for projects like this to move ahead.

10 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by MikoB: 6:46am On Mar 21
Ikosi ejinrin is close to ikorodu, I think ikorodu will be the beautiful bride after the 4th mainland bridge and this. Anyway I am convinced Nigeria will be great, the time is what I dont know, let us all be hopeful!

14 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by helinues: 6:47am On Mar 21
Good one there

18 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by helinues: 6:48am On Mar 21
humilitypays:
Akintonde said the refining company was registered on April 12, 2012

Bola Tinubu we de greet you oh, well done sir.

Another Babangida is about to make another Alakija who is just a tailor the owner of the biggest oil firms in Nigeria cum richest black woman in the world lipsrsealed

I fear who no fear past and present Nigerian Presidents; they can turn a Bicycle repairer to a dollar billionaire in just one week cheesy

Abeg oh, who go connect me to Boudillion, I am a trained Barbar make I de Barb there maybe I go fit buy an oil well tomorrow, make thunder fire Amadioha shocked

Why do lots of you people surround yourself with too much of negative energy. The bad energy is just oozing from no where.

Hatred and bitterness towards development of one's country, no be witch in making be that

25 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by atobs4real(m): 6:57am On Mar 21
Eko onibaje

6 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by atobs4real(m): 6:57am On Mar 21
Eko onibaje
Good one from Midoil

8 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by atobs4real(m): 6:58am On Mar 21
Ogbuu101:
Ok oo
Every body wants to have some thing doing in Lagos

3 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Duelee: 6:59am On Mar 21
News like this should make my heart leaping with joy and spirit floating in utmost High heavens. But again with what is obtainable from Dangote refinery, are we looking at another importation of crude from overseas? May Nigeria win !

In the other news: I'm presently buying LinkedIn accounts. WhatsApp 09..025-70..33-66
Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by SonofElElyonRet: 6:59am On Mar 21
Just list your shares on the stock exchange

2 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Ogbuu101: 7:00am On Mar 21
KingKO22:

Crying as usual 😁😂😂😂

The second private refinery in Lagos and many more to follow.
Russia supplying the entire Europe their gas and oil so why this stwupppliid question 😄😄😁😂

Keep hating Lagos and SW, we are the most advanced and sophisticated black race on earth.
You sound very angry.
You done chop?
Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Babaibeji2020(m): 7:02am On Mar 21
All these thieving collabos.....
Dangote till date has not produced ½ litre of kerosene but sourcing for crude from OVERSEAS...........as in OVERSEAS.......!
Someone or some people need to come forward to flush,purge or assassinate all these self centered officials who care for their family and friends ONLY....
Nigeria will NEVER grow with the present senators,governors,top politicians, top military brasses ALIVE.......!

1 Like

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by AntiChristian: 7:02am On Mar 21
Lagos would soon be a refinery hub!

Ogun will be its annex!

Oyo too just dey construct roads dey go!

Osun too no go lag behind!

Ondo too get oil!

Ekiti kete sef just dey construct dey go!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by AmazingELixir: 7:08am On Mar 21
undecided

Why not Ogun state where there is vast available land instead of the over congested Lagos

2 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by phemmie06(m): 7:08am On Mar 21
Nice One
Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:10am On Mar 21
Ogbuu101:
Ok oo

Na some pipu don get de "source'' now o!

Den don sell our oil! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On a serious note, financial expediency is quite different from socio-political.

They won't be putting up refineries in Lagos if it would cost a lot less to site them in Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by phemmie06(m): 7:10am On Mar 21
Which region did Dangote contacted first?

Ogbuu101:
Ok oo

2 Likes

Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by YourMrBoo: 7:14am On Mar 21
Borrow pose pics
Re: MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos by yuzjet(m): 7:17am On Mar 21
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borehole Drilling And Geophysical Survey / Nigeria Ranks Fifth Largest Insurance Market In Africa / How Long Does It Take CAC Business Name Registration Certificate To Be Ready?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.