Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database (9555 Views)

Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria / Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators / Apapa Gridlock: Taskforce To Commence Impounding Trucks Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by nedekid: 8:05am On Mar 21
helinues:

Don't ask me dumbo question
Pele, I forgot you lack "opolo". undecided

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by adioolayi(m): 8:05am On Mar 21
Absuchat:
Lagos state is gradually becoming the worse state to live and do business in.
So many frustrating laws .
Tufiakwa

Why is Uber hiding their database

Give access to state government for security of passengers and that of drivers.

Also, I suspect the LASG may be interested in bringing these drivers into their tax net...this may be seen as a bad one..but it's a good one. Everyone earning should pay tax.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by affable4(m): 8:05am On Mar 21
Splashme:
The greedy LASG wants to start taxing poor Uber drivers per trip.

They are doing that already.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by santaclaws: 8:06am On Mar 21
nedekid:

They order for Uber, when the driver comes, they grab him.

That's wicked 😅

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by helinues: 8:07am On Mar 21
sslcrypt:

Don't fool yourself, I watch how excited you get when people suffer. You disguise you comments to make it look you are patriot which obviously you are not. You support evil dished out by leaders on their people, Indicating you been under the influence of a demon associated with death and suffering. You are too blind to see the front of your nose, REPENT before this dark force consumes your soul. It's stamped in time darkness can never ever overcome light, choose life and avoid destruction.

Okay.

Is it your pastor or herbalist that told you I am the one behind what others are going through?
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by CaptainFM1: 8:10am On Mar 21
Mrtaye:

Which cities are you talking about hope you are not referring to America because you always compare when you want to fleece the people but when it's time to do what other countries like America do in terms of welfare and good roads, security,shelter, electricity... payment of welfare for senior citizens above 60 years old ...you will never see them doing that

And where will the fund to meet all the welfare packages you listed come from?

If America don't get adequate data how do they become a multi trillion dollar economy to be able to do all those social welfare packages.

We have to be objective sometimes if we want the best for our country.
Really, what is so difficult in providing data?
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by ConfidentialDoc: 8:10am On Mar 21
Mrtaye:

Uber drivers already pay tax which is deducted from every trip from the inception of Uber....the issue is we have Hawks in government who always come back to ask for more but the taxes they've been collecting are not judiciously expended cos no body to check and balance

Don't mind him
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by sslcrypt: 8:11am On Mar 21
helinues:

Okay.

Is it your pastor or herbalist that told you I am the one behind what others are going through?

Don't deceive yourself, your excitement and support of evil against God's children is even known to a blind man. I am saying Jesus loves you, change your ways. This message will come as a joke now, but it's not. You need spiritual eyes to see that some behavior you see as normal isn't normal in any form.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 8:12am On Mar 21
helinues:

Don't ask me dumbo question
People know your plans and all you are about...it's not about security because we already have NIN and BVN but it's all about personal interest and sabotage

2 Likes

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by helinues: 8:12am On Mar 21
sslcrypt:

Don't deceive yourself, your excitement and support of evil against God's children is even known to a blind man. I am saying Jesus loves you, change your ways. This message will come as a joke now, but it's not. You need spiritual eyes to see that some behavior you see as normal isn't normal in any form.

Hahahahaha

You are wicked oo. So you want me to stop making use of my free gifted senses and be referring to one old fairy tale book as guardian.

Tufiakwa
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by softtorce: 8:13am On Mar 21
So if you are kidnapped in Lagos your relative can wail that the state is not secure ba

Absuchat:
Lagos state is gradually becoming the worse state to live and do business in.
So many frustrating laws .
Tufiakwa
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by wallarwallar(m): 8:13am On Mar 21
Why is it so difficult for uba to do the needful what are they hiding and dis will help improve the safety of both drivers and riders but l know uba refusal is due to dere shady financial deals making so much at the expense of dere drivers and car owners giving back little or nothing as commission
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Zeebuy: 8:14am On Mar 21
helinues:
Good.

That would reduce the crime within the Uber transportation sector
Shattap abeg. They want to start taxing the riders per trip whereas Uber pays tax already.

No dey talk nonsense, you're not a rodent

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by sslcrypt: 8:17am On Mar 21
helinues:

Hahahahaha

You are wicked oo. So you want me to stop making use of my free gifted senses and be referring to one old fairy tale book as guardian.

Tufiakwa

Don't worry when you return to dust, is when you will realize that all your acclaimed sense is nothing but foolishness. You life is like a sand flowing through an hour glass
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by booblacain(m): 8:18am On Mar 21
Faiththatworks:
I throway salute for Lagos State Government.
Seriously Lagos-state is far ahead of other subnationals in Nigeria.
I believe this move by the government is simply a way to protect the citizens of the state. For those who don't understand the story but simply like to criticize the actions of government,I believe I can break it down for you.
All the government is doing is simply trying to have a database of all registered drivers on the Uber and Moore,the API is the back end where all the information is stored,by accessing it, Government can easily trace any driver who commits a crime without having to go the company.
It's simply killing a bird with One very big stone,I believe the company is trying to protect its database but if there's a law that requires it to provide the database of all its drivers,it's better it complies or disengages from operating in the state.
I sympathize with all the drivers whose vehicles have been seized,but bolt and Moore should do the needful instead of putting their drivers through such a traumatic experience.
God bless Lagos State
God bless Nigeria........

Stop explaining nonsense. Lagos state government is doing this for tax purposes and not for any security reasons. The idea of seizing driver's vehicles is not only draconian it is criminal. Uber drivers are not staffs of Uber, they simply use their app to run their business, so why hold them responsible for Uber's so called wrong doing. It just like going to confiscate a seller's goods because Jumia or Jiji is having issue with government.

You guys are just so quick to defend rubbish.

By the way, it is not best practice for government to have access to the database of a private company if you are not investigating the company for a criminal breach. The normal practice in sane climes is to reach out to the company to provide you information on the particular driver you are investigating if that driver has committed a crime. If the company refuses to provide you that information, then you can sue the company for obstruction of a criminal investigation. That is how it is done and not by having a free ride on the company's database.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 8:19am On Mar 21
adioolayi:

Why is Uber hiding their database

Give access to state government for security of passengers and that of drivers.

Also, I suspect the LASG may be interested in bringing these drivers into their tax net...this may be seen as a bad one..but it's a good one. Everyone earning should pay tax.
Uber drivers have been paying tax from each trips...the issue is this people don't use the taxes judiciously that's why you see so many bad road's and abandoned road projects everywhere and also insecurity caused by the hoodlums and area boys enjoying the patronage of Lagos State

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by ClearFlair: 8:21am On Mar 21
helinues:
Good.

That would reduce the crime within the Uber transportation sector

What do you know lol
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 8:22am On Mar 21
CaptainFM1:

If America don't get adequate data how do they become a multi trillion dollar economy to be able to do all those social welfare packages.

The ones they have been getting as taxes from Uber and other sectors if they have been judiciously spent believe me you would never see any bad road, uncompleted and abandoned roads in Lagos.....this means that the revenues are not used for what they are meant for
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 8:23am On Mar 21
CaptainFM1:

Providing data is more like a security risk because the Lagos State can't be trusted....it could lead to sabotaging their operations
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 8:25am On Mar 21
softtorce:
So if you are kidnapped in Lagos your relative can wail that the state is not secure ba

So what's the essence of NIN and BVN that they all mandated for us....
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 8:26am On Mar 21
wallarwallar:
Why is it so difficult for uba to do the needful what are they hiding and dis will help improve the safety of both drivers and riders but l know uba refusal is due to dere shady financial deals making so much at the expense of dere drivers and car owners giving back little or nothing as commission
It's not all about caring for safety of drivers but it's about sabotage
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Kobicove(m): 8:26am On Mar 21
McCarlito:
Ena thank u oo for the many months of ban.... Pipo wey ena ban all of together don deactivate sef.....

Soldier go soldier come, barracks still remains grin

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 8:27am On Mar 21
booblacain:

Stop explaining nonsense. Lagos state government is doing this for tax purposes and not for any security reasons. The idea of seizing driver's vehicles is not only draconian it is criminal. Uber drivers are not staffs of Uber, they simply use their app to run their business, so why hold them responsible for Uber's so called wrong doing. It just like going to confiscate a seller's goods because Jumia or Jiji is having issue with government.

You guys are just so quick to defend rubbish.

By the way, it is not best practice for government to have access to the database of a private company if you are not investigating the company for a criminal breach. The normal practice in sane climes is to reach out to the company to provide you information on the particular driver you are investigating if that driver has committed a crime. If the company refuses to provide you that information, then you can sue the company for obstruction of a criminal investigation. That is how it is done and not by having a free ride on the company's database.
Don't mind them so that they can sabotage them
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Tallesty1(m): 8:32am On Mar 21
badoh:

How I wish you can see the benefit of this initiative rather than rushing to make apt comment. Access to database could also help to detect some kidnappers disguising as Uber driver.
And the best way to go about it is to order for rides and seize the cars? How would you feel if FG seizes your phone because they have issues with MTN?

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Omoapena(m): 8:53am On Mar 21
This government is daft sincerely, so, impounding people's cars is what will make Uber comply to their request, what happens to facing Uber directly, I believe they have management in Lagos, what happens to sending invitation letter to them.

Very stupid and daft government, is it Uber that bought cars for the drivers, even if they impound half of Uber users car, if Uber doesn't want to grant access, they won't still and you will only be making things difficult for people using the platform to survive...

At this point, I won't blame anyone that indulges in any crime to make a living coz the few that have conscience and making a legit living are being frustrated by this so useless government that can't provide jobs.

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Ideegee(m): 8:54am On Mar 21
To me, thus is a very wrong way to go about it, on the part if LASG.

Instead of increasing the travails of the hapless drivers, they should temporarily suspend the app's license, thereby rendering the app unusable until they comply with the LASG laws.

But, impounding innocent people's vehicles an deflating their tyres, amounts to a gross misconduct, to be honest.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Ideegee(m): 8:56am On Mar 21
To me, this is a very wrong way to go about it, on the part of LASG.

Instead of increasing the travails of the hapless drivers, they should have temporarily suspend the App's license, thereby rendering the App unusable until the company complies with the LASG directives.

But, impounding innocent people's vehicles and deflating their tyres, amounts to a gross misconduct, to be honest.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Browser69(m): 9:07am On Mar 21
Now these drivers are being denied their means of livelihoods. I think they should organise themselves together and make a case for their predicament.

But who should they sue between Uber and Lagos state government for compensation for the lost working days and revenue they are losing? tongue tongue tongue
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by CaptainFM1: 9:22am On Mar 21
Mrtaye:

Providing data is more like a security risk because the Lagos State can't be trusted....it could lead to sabotaging their operations

Well, the government too has the right not to allow Uber not to operate in their state. It's a give and take situation.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Sheuns(m): 9:26am On Mar 21
helinues:

Eh heh, so LASG shouldn't have the database of the acclaimed Uber driver when there are criminals amongs them.

Don't be blinded with politics, think things logically before dropping opata

They should deal directly with the e-hailing platforms. What sort of agbero behavior warrant seizing keys and deflation drivers tires. Is that a sane way to do things?
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by toujurs: 9:39am On Mar 21
Splashme:
The greedy LASG wants to start taxing poor Uber drivers per trip.
They already pay tax per trip, it's on you receipt. Including VAT.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by frog12: 9:46am On Mar 21
just plain corruption

Mrtaye:

Uber drivers already pay tax which is deducted from every trip from the inception of Uber....the issue is we have Hawks in government who always come back to ask for more but the taxes they've been collecting are not judiciously expended cos no body to check and balance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas: No Traveller Will Sleep On River Niger Bridge – FRSC Promises / Traffic Advisory: Lagos Women's Run Holds November 12th, 2022 (Tomorrow). / Diesel Tanker Crashes And Burns On Benin-Ore Road (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.