Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database (9549 Views)

Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria / Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators / Apapa Gridlock: Taskforce To Commence Impounding Trucks Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by santaclaws: 7:36am On Mar 21
How would they know an Uber car? So any Corolla car that has someone sitting in the back will be impounded or what? grin
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by aikyg(m): 7:36am On Mar 21
Good move!
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:38am On Mar 21
Absuchat:
Lagos state is gradually becoming the worse state to live and do business in.
So many frustrating laws .
Tufiakwa
that state is very useless, you can't drink water drop cup in anything.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:39am On Mar 21
helinues:
Good.

That would reduce the crime within the Uber transportation sector
which crime or they want to start exploiting poor drivers
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 7:40am On Mar 21
helinues:
Good.

The crime caused by the Hoodlum and area boys nko....ok the hoodlums are working for the government...many of them all over Lagos especially when your vehicle breaks down they will attack you....the main thing is for Lagos State government to give them uniforms so we will be able to differentiate them
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:41am On Mar 21
santaclaws:
How would they know an Uber car? So any Corolla car that has someone sitting in the back will be impounded or what? grin
learn how to read. They will order for ride, once you arrive, they lure driver into their compound and impound your car

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by lagosrd: 7:41am On Mar 21

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by northbird: 7:41am On Mar 21
badoh:

How I wish you can see the benefit of this initiative rather than rushing to make apt comment. Access to database could also help to detect some kidnappers disguising as Uber driver.

Show me the benefits
How will they detect kidnappers? When did LASG turn to an intelligence agency. ..

3 Likes

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 7:43am On Mar 21
Faiththatworks:
I throway salute for Lagos State Government.
Seriously Lagos-state is far ahead of other subnationals in Nigeria.
I believe this move by the government is simply a way to protect the citizens of the state. For those who don't understand the story but simply like to criticize the actions of government,I believe I can break it down for you.
All the government is doing is simply trying to have a database of all registered drivers on the Uber and Moore,the API is the back end where all the information is stored,by accessing it, Government can easily trace any driver who commits a crime without having to go the company.
It's simply killing a bird with One very big stone,I believe the company is trying to protect its database but if there's a law that requires it to provide the database of all its drivers,it's better it complies or disengages from operating in the state.
I sympathize with all the drivers whose vehicles have been seized,but bolt and Moore should do the needful instead of putting their drivers through such a traumatic experience.
God bless Lagos State
God bless Nigeria........
Does Lagos State also have the database of hoodlums and area boys who attack motorists when there is a breakdown on the highway or have a deflated tyre....so that we will know that those hoodlums are working for the government

3 Likes

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 7:49am On Mar 21
COMPAQ:

You call it greedy, but should people earn income and refuse to pay income taxes?

But yet I'm sure you want government to subsidize everything for you
Uber drivers already pay tax which is deducted from every trip from the inception of Uber....the issue is we have Hawks in government who always come back to ask for more but the taxes they've been collecting are not judiciously expended cos no body to check and balance

5 Likes

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:49am On Mar 21
Faiththatworks:
I throway salute for Lagos State Government.
Seriously Lagos-state is far ahead of other subnationals in Nigeria.
I believe this move by the government is simply a way to protect the citizens of the state. For those who don't understand the story but simply like to criticize the actions of government,I believe I can break it down for you.
All the government is doing is simply trying to have a database of all registered drivers on the Uber and Moore,the API is the back end where all the information is stored,by accessing it, Government can easily trace any driver who commits a crime without having to go the company.
It's simply killing a bird with One very big stone,I believe the company is trying to protect its database but if there's a law that requires it to provide the database of all its drivers,it's better it complies or disengages from operating in the state.
I sympathize with all the drivers whose vehicles have been seized,but bolt and Moore should do the needful instead of putting their drivers through such a traumatic experience.
God bless Lagos State
God bless Nigeria........
your writeup is good, but we both know that it's not true, Lagos still remain the most dangerous state in normal crime rate, government hasn't been able to do anything about it because these criminals work for them during elections, this simply a means to task drivers and start collecting money from them, if you have problem with the app owner, you can block the access from their server providers, why attacking law abiding drivers? Thieves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by caye(m): 7:50am On Mar 21
Pls, let's forget about this country.
It's done for.
I pray I find a good, peaceful and stable country , that O can take refuge in and raise my family.

I didn't turn this country to what it is...a den of demons and devils. I cannot come and suffer the consequences.

No sane and pure business can survive in this land. Forget it.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by yewit37486: 7:50am On Mar 21
badoh:

How I wish you can see the benefit of this initiative rather than rushing to make apt comment. Access to database could also help to detect some kidnappers disguising as Uber driver.

Please shed more light on this.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by nedekid: 7:51am On Mar 21
helinues:
Good.

What has this got to do with crime? It rather has to do with taxes.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by nedekid: 7:53am On Mar 21
santaclaws:
They order for Uber, when the driver comes, they grab him.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 7:55am On Mar 21
CaptainFM1:

Is it so difficult to provide data for the state you're doing business?

Uber won't try this in many cities of the world.
Which cities are you talking about hope you are not referring to America because you always compare when you want to fleece the people but when it's time to do what other countries like America do in terms of welfare and good roads, security,shelter, electricity... payment of welfare for senior citizens above 60 years old ...you will never see them doing that

2 Likes

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by PHIPEX(m): 7:55am On Mar 21
badoh:

Why must the access be by API?
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by sslcrypt: 7:57am On Mar 21
helinues:
Good.

You are truly a degenerate demon. You get excited with the killing and suffering of people.
Change your ways by accepting christ, but if you continue on this path, Cursed are you till you return to dust.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by helinues: 7:57am On Mar 21
nedekid:

lexy2014:

what are those crimes?

does the LASG have the database of NURTW, agberos and omoniles operating in Lagos?

Don't ask me dumbo question
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by helinues: 7:58am On Mar 21
sslcrypt:

You are truly a degenerate demon. You get excited with the killing and suffering of people.
Change your ways by accepting christ, but if you continue on this path, Cursed are you till you return to dust.

Fcs, what's the correlation with my comments or topics?

Is it idleness that's is making some of you people just to be incoherent on topics?
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by lexy2014: 7:58am On Mar 21
helinues:

Eh heh, so LASG shouldn't have the database of the acclaimed Uber driver when there are criminals amongs them.

Don't be blinded with politics, think things logically before dropping opata

who are the criminals among them?

can you pls tell us their names?
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 7:59am On Mar 21
badoh:

So why allowing people to waste precious time going for NIN and also BVN....bro we all cannot be shallow minded ooo
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by northbird: 7:59am On Mar 21
nedekid:

Sharp person. You saw through the maze of lies LASG put up. Api interface kor, Api facebook ni.
There is a limit to the access a company can grant you into their database.

Can LASG be asking for access into a bank's database simply because it's operating in the state. It defies logic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by secpowell: 7:59am On Mar 21
Lagos state officials will order a ride on Uber app, when the driver arrived for pick up, the will impound the car.
Hope you understand the logic.
santaclaws:
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by ruggedtimi(m): 7:59am On Mar 21
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
your writeup is good, but we both know that it's not true, Lagos still remain the most dangerous state in normal crime rate, government hasn't been able to do anything about it because these criminals work for them during elections, this simply a means to task drivers and start collecting money from them, if you have problem with the app owner, you can block the access from their server providers, why attacking law abiding drivers? Thieves
simple!! Block the app netwrk in lagos. Why disturbing people hustling legit. Dey worry yahoo boys and legit hustlers too
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by lexy2014: 7:59am On Mar 21
helinues:
Good.

what are those crimes?

does the LASG have the database of NURTW, agberos and omoniles operating in Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by lexy2014: 8:02am On Mar 21
badoh:

how does having access to database help to detect some kidnappers disguising as Uber driver?

does the Lagos state government already have a list of kidnappers that it wants to compare with the Uber database?

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by superCleanworks(m): 8:02am On Mar 21
Absuchat:
Lagos state is gradually becoming the worse state to live and do business in.
So many frustrating laws .
Tufiakwa

Nigerians will not rage against this on social media.
But if na Tonto Dike news you will see them.
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by lexy2014: 8:02am On Mar 21
helinues:

Don't ask me dumbo question

what is "dumbo questions"?

what are those crimes?

1 Like

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by Mrtaye: 8:03am On Mar 21
PHIPEX:
Why must the access be by API?
They know what they are doing..so that they can sabotage them
Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by sslcrypt: 8:04am On Mar 21
helinues:

Fcs, what's the correlation with my comments or topics?

Is it idleness that's is making some of you people just to be incoherent on topics?

Don't fool yourself, I watch how excited you get when people suffer. You disguise you comments to make it look you are patriot which obviously you are not. You support evil dished out by leaders on their people, Indicating you been under the influence of a demon associated with death and suffering. You are too blind to see the front of your nose, REPENT before this dark force consumes your soul. It's stamped in time darkness can never ever overcome light, choose life and avoid destruction.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database by santaclaws: 8:04am On Mar 21
secpowell:
Lagos state officials will order a ride on Uber app, when the driver arrived for pick up, the will impound the car.
Hope you get the logic.

Ah, smart idea... That's low-key evil tho grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians In The Uk. / Christmas: No Traveller Will Sleep On River Niger Bridge – FRSC Promises / Traffic Advisory: Lagos Women's Run Holds November 12th, 2022 (Tomorrow).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.