Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX (22119 Views)

Naira Maintains Steady Falls As Speculators Scoop Dollars / Naira Depreciates To β‚¦β€Ž1,300/$ In Official Market / Naira Crashes To 1,030/$ As Speculators React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Donaldoni: 10:34am On Mar 21
porthouse7:
I rush convert everything, only keeping 100 for petty transactions

grin grin grin
Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Brushstrokes20: 10:34am On Mar 21
Awesome! Keep up the tempo πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘

1 Like

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Believeintruth: 10:35am On Mar 21
Biodun556:

They will continue to loss so that they can release the dollars They are hoarding

Bros cool down naaaa at parallel market it is still at 1480 naira
Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by victorazy(m): 10:35am On Mar 21
Okey
Bluearrow:

So u mean if I need dollar now I can get it for 1250 at gt bank? Lol
Odibembem:

It was a different era then, naira was being subsidized which gave it an artificial value and it was too costly for Nigeria, we were borrowing to sustain it's value. So now d naira is no longer subsidized so this is good news. If d naira can stabilize to N800-N900, I will celebrate Cardoso and PBAT as d greatest ever
[quote author=Odibembem post=129034157]

You must be a Yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by jasent(m): 10:35am On Mar 21
Biodun556:

They will continue to loss so that they can release the dollars They are hoarding
Release dollars against naira? Who does that? Naira gain is temporary so no fx trader will release dollar against naira. You only buy and hold currencies that have long-term strength,not currencies like naira and cedis

2 Likes

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Cindypresh(f): 10:39am On Mar 21
Bhol28:
#216 or whatever that was being subsidised at the expense of the well-being of now and future generations.That era is gone,wake up man.

Is that so? So what do you benefit as a Nigerian if nothing is subsidised for you? Whereas those people that removed the subsidy are looting billions for themselves everyday?

Dem use suffer swear for you my dear?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Blakjewelry(m): 10:42am On Mar 21
Cindypresh:

You're happy that naira is #1580??

What about #216 when your buhari and Apc took power??
In as much as floating came at the wrong time, it is the right to do. Past governments knows it is the right step but can't do it because of the impact on the economy which will affect their rule.

Right now the naira is overprice, it will find it true value soon.

1 Like

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by VULCAN(m): 10:43am On Mar 21
A lot of fools who are paid tools are here making noise.

There are NO fundamentals that will maintain the Naira gaining against the Dollar and Pound.

Tinubu's mental model is that you raise money by taxing the people to death and not by stimulating the economy.

Neither he nor his team have an iota of capacity to develop a productive economy.

It's looting and Tribalism that rules this govt just like others that have long gone.

Apart from Tunji Ojo- not a single other minister in this government has made any mark whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Cindypresh(f): 10:46am On Mar 21
tamdun:

Are u sad that naira is bouncing back from 1900? Aren't we suppose to celebrate the gain?

Celebrate only when you're shameless
Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Sctests: 10:47am On Mar 21
My money in my Dorm account in Nigeria will not be changed till Christmas when I come home. So make una leave story..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Cindypresh(f): 10:50am On Mar 21
Blakjewelry:

In as much as floating came at the wrong time, it is the right to do. Past governments knows it is the right step but can't do it because of the impact on the economy which will affect their rule.

Right now the naira is overprice, it will find it true value soon.

You said more than this glorifying buhari for 8 wasted years.

Are you sure you don't need help?
Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Alliswell248: 10:57am On Mar 21
Ogbuu101:
Govt of propaganda

Emergency lovers of Nigeria can't disappoint..

2027 is getting close....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Alliswell248: 10:59am On Mar 21
Cindypresh:

Celebrate only when you're shameless

It would shock you and your ilk when it gets to 800 to a dollar this year naturally.

No more padding.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by IbeOkehie: 11:02am On Mar 21
Odibembem:

It was a different era then, naira was being subsidized which gave it an artificial value and it was too costly for Nigeria, we were borrowing to sustain it's value. So now d naira is no longer subsidized so this is good news. If d naira can stabilize to N800-N900, I will celebrate Cardoso and PBAT as d greatest ever

Naira is still being subsidized. Come on, this is simple to see.

Petrol is still being subsidized too. And electricity, pilgrimage, rice, sports, Federal Universities, railway transport and on and on.

Again, nominal price doesn't matter. 4 years ago naira was stronger but Nigerians were still stuck in a stagnant economy.

The real question is whether the price of naira reflects the economic fundamentals of Nigeria

Good Luck to Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by DenreleDave(m): 11:04am On Mar 21
Gossiphub:

You people have to return the dollar to 700 where you met it. And then take it below 216 that you kicked against. Stop celebrating mediocrity.

Clown

U shud get a life...
Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by IbeOkehie: 11:06am On Mar 21
Odibembem:

Naira is still being subsidized. Come on, this is simple to see.

Petrol is still being subsidized too. And electricity, pilgrimage, rice, sports, Federal Universities, railway transport and on and on.

Again, nominal price doesn't matter. 4 years ago naira was stronger but Nigerians were still stuck in a stagnant economy.

The real question is whether the price of naira reflects the economic fundamentals of Nigeria

Alliswell248:

Emergency lovers of Nigeria can't disappoint..

2027 is getting close....

If the 2023 election is rerun today Tinubu will still win. He will win in 2027 no matter what happens, even if Nigerians are eating grass and sand. Especially if the major opponent is Peter Obi again. Or any Igbo for that matter. And of course 99% of the Igbo will vote for Peter Obi.

Tribal loyalty and religious bias are powerful human tendencies. This is why demographic diversity is dangerous in a democracy.

Good Luck to Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by DenreleDave(m): 11:07am On Mar 21
epainos:
Rubbish speculation when it is already N1,500 on Bybit at this moment.

Obidients.. Everything dey vex una

4 Likes

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Bhol28: 11:08am On Mar 21
Cindypresh:

Is that so? So what do you benefit as a Nigerian if nothing is subsidised for you? Whereas those people that removed the subsidy are looting billions for themselves everyday?

when has dollars,a foreign currency become a basic necessity of life that a govt must subsidise for people.Seems u are one of those benefitting from the subsidy that runs into billions annually while govt is struggling to provide necessary things for masses.Sorry,your party is over 😁😁

4 Likes

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by compu(m): 11:08am On Mar 21
This is a welcome development, am an opposition, but I must say kudos to the government πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

2 Likes

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by DenreleDave(m): 11:09am On Mar 21
Funkyswagzz:

Bros you don't understand anything concerning business because of this comment. Its obvious you not into business so don't put ur mouth on what u know nothing about

Obirodent.. We sight u

E go up, una go cry

E go down, una go still cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by compu(m): 11:09am On Mar 21
Anything that will alleviate the suffering of the common man, am in totally in support of it. Tinubu keep it up!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Cindypresh(f): 11:11am On Mar 21
Bhol28:
when has dollars,a foreign currency become a basic necessity of life that a govt must subsidise for people.Seems u are one of those benefitting from the subsidy that runs into billions annually while govt is struggling to provide necessary things for masses.Sorry,your party is over 😁😁

You don't know that most of your basic need is imported?? And with which currency?

How old are you self

2 Likes

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Cindypresh(f): 11:13am On Mar 21
Alliswell248:

It would shock you and your ilk when it gets to 800 to a dollar this year naturally.

No more padding.

You said more than this during buhari's 8 wasted years...it's not new.

You always have what it takes to defend failures. Emptiness
Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by IbeOkehie: 11:16am On Mar 21
Cindypresh:

A lot of things have been subsidized for decades in Nigeria. It's those subsidies that have destroyed the economy and created suffering for Nigerians.

The subsidies are the CAUSE of corruption. Federal Universities and Private Universities, which are more corrupt?

The railways are recently revived. The ticket prices are subsidized. You have to pay a bribe to get a train ticket. That's corruption.

Subsidies CAUSE corruption. But I'm sure you know that, the curious thing is why you all choose to pretend it doesn't matter.

Good Luck to Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by stasius: 11:17am On Mar 21
People dey find food to chop first una dey look for who to buy dollar.

Na person wey get naira dey buy dollar
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

Where una see that naira abeg? Dollar ko.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by TrackerSK: 11:22am On Mar 21
Odibembem:

Clown,how do you know it's not been subsidized now?
Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by softtorce: 11:23am On Mar 21
I agree that is absolutely poor of this govt but I also understand no govt ever left naira where it met it so you see.

Nairalander248:

Why are you crying? Even if the naira hit 1000/$, it's still very poor of this Govt, they met it at 750/$
Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by epainos: 11:23am On Mar 21
Appletek:

Go and buy more dollars na.
It is 1,250 on GTB this morning.
Una go cry taya.
Why did you attack me? Did I write that I am a Naira-Dollar merchant?

Oga, you need to learn ooo. The engineering tool to determine the value of the market is the black market. The black market used to rely on Aboki Express to make quotations, but after it was disbanded, they started using the Binance rate. Since Binance has stopped p2p naira, they check other p2p platforms. That day that it moved to N1,400, the truth was that it had moved down the previous day before the black market adopted the price. The driving force is these platforms. And why? It was because BTC was retracing, and gradually, it was picking up again. Since BTC is picking up, naira will devalue more.

So, if you don't understand, do not get involved in the discussion. Who uses GTB exchange rates? Immediately you mentioned this, I know you are a JJC. Dem just dey knack your head...gbos....gbas... na waoo.

If the price does not move up by the end of today to tomorrow return here to call me out. That is why I said this Guardian report is rubbish. Oga, enjoy your naira oooo.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by epainos: 11:26am On Mar 21
DenreleDave:

Obidients.. Everything dey vex una

Anti-Obidients, read my comment here:
https://www.nairaland.com/8037068/naira-eyes-n1300-parallel-market/2#129035167

Una body just dey hot. Im not interested in your Obidient whatever cos Peter Obi is as useless as Atiku and Tinubu. Make una dey try reason well before making comments.

1 Like

Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by komzy589(m): 11:28am On Mar 21
Ola9ja23:

You will cry tire

You people were sabotaging our economy through Binance and when Asiwaju ban Binance we saw the reaction of your fraudster and the followers

Asiwaju is on the throne, IPOBidients shall suffer another humiliation

Nigeria will be great again
I thought we’ve passed that stage where people still believe in Tinubu 😳
Are you blind to what is happening in the country? Why are you people so wicked to yourselvesπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:29am On Mar 21
DenreleDave:

Obirodent.. We sight u

E go up, una go cry

E go down, una go still cry

What concerns my comment with crying.. you see how stupid u sound. You've used the word "cry" to the point it has lost its meaning
Re: Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX by IbeOkehie: 11:30am On Mar 21
spiSeyi:
Where's this guy grin As a profound digital assets and FX trader cool I told Nland kids that USD will crash and I predicted 1,300 in the first quarter but most of them like this guy called me names.
The case of Naira falling against the USD in an ambiguous manner is just like the case of tulip bulb in the 18th century. Those who bought at 1800 expecting 2k + should count their loss and move on grin grin

Not really. The naira is on a long term losing trend. What happened in the last couple of weeks also happened a few months ago, where naira posted strong gains only to slump.

The only thing that will stabilize the naira is massive implementation of free market principles. The value of tulips had zero fundamentals. The dollar is a real thing for now, it can be used to buy goods and services.

Your SHORT TERM analysis was correct, I hope you traded and made a profit πŸ˜€

Those who have preferred DOLLAR over NAIRA have made even more profit over the past 5, 10, 15 and more years. In 1990 the naira was at 5/$....that's true. I hope you traded that trend...the trend of Nigerian economic stagnation.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mall Revolution Sweeps Nigeria (pics) / My Brother's Shop Was Robbed In Port-Harcourt / Please How Do I Hustle Hard In 2022? 2021 Was Hell For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.