Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess (21631 Views)

Elon Musk's Brain-chip Company Neuralink Gets Approval To Start Human Trial(pic) / Elon Musk's Neuralink 'shows Monkey Playing Pong With Mind' / Elon Musk Says There's A Chance His Ai-brain-chip Will Be Embedded Into Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by Dbarrzx: 3:45pm On Mar 21
If the device is hacked then the human goes on rampage

2 Likes

Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by SeeWahala: 3:49pm On Mar 21
Broveens42:

says a believer of white superstition.
The only difference is, they make money from their own superstition

Call it whatever you want.

Whites made my phone, TV, radio, books, pencil, clothes . . . In fact, I believe them die cool
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by Goodlady(f): 3:52pm On Mar 21
Amigoss:
Neuralink’s device and rival products are designed to read brain activity to decipher what movement a person intends to make, then run a command to execute that action.

Impressive
When ll they do the one that can prevent death or wake up necessary people that died untimely to clean up some mess?

1 Like

Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by Cj4charles(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21
ogelekpomgam:

Yeah,but first of all, Emilokan urchins need the brain chips. undecided angry
I swear down##😅😅
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by sprints1: 4:12pm On Mar 21
Amigoss:
Neuralink’s device and rival products are designed to read brain activity to decipher what movement a person intends to make, then run a command to execute that action.

Impressive
SMH I hope u understand what this does to puituairy gland... That guy is gone... He is good as dead... Since he is so foolish enough not to activate his 6th sense to do the unthinkable...
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by DeepSight(m): 4:13pm On Mar 21
SeeWahala:

That is the same fear we had back in 1999 about the Y2K Bug Which turned out to be a giant HOAX grin

There is absolutely no similarity. A chip which works inside your brain is a different ball game, and can be manipulated.
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by DeepSight(m): 4:14pm On Mar 21
SeeWahala:

Whites made my phone, TV, radio, books, pencil, clothes . . . In fact, I believe them die cool

No they didnt. All of mankind did.

1 Like

Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by sprints1: 4:14pm On Mar 21
Dbarrzx:
If the device is hacked then the human goes on rampage
Last of us comes in place... Imagine a Trojan sent to the person' brain... He will be used as a bio weapon to kill, steal and manipulate people... In my own opinion it is a tech that should be banned... El on musk is evil but I repeat he is not the anti Christ he is paving way for him/her yet to come

3 Likes

Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by RaySimran: 4:15pm On Mar 21
Mvnster:
Just one virus from a hacker and brains go beserk
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by bitbillionaire: 4:33pm On Mar 21
Impressive. Looking at the possibilities and potential of artificial intelligence plus this brain chip implant, I am seeing man becoming immortal, omniscient, and almost omnipotent in the nearest future. This will be achieved either through metaphysics or through the agency of material science and technology or a combination of both.

I believe this is the universe' ultimate purpose for the formation and evolution of an intelligent, self-conscious, physical entity called man.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by SeeWahala: 4:55pm On Mar 21
DeepSight:

No they didnt. All of mankind did.

You can tell yourself anything that will enable you sleep well at nights cool

I won't mind wink

1 Like

Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by SeeWahala: 4:56pm On Mar 21
DeepSight:

There is absolutely no similarity. A chip which works inside your brain is a different ball game, and can be manipulated.

That's what ignorant folks think.

Innovation is innovation and technological advancement is technological advancement anywhere in this world cool
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by Lagosianswag: 5:04pm On Mar 21
In the future, scammers may start hacking their "clients" brain chip just to be sent Amazon gift cards on their own "freewill" lipsrsealed

...A Feasible Solution Is Passwording The Brain undecided

The Oddworld of Science & Technology
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by dimexy247(m): 5:40pm On Mar 21
Have you forgotten he’s a man like your dad and all men are useless plus your dad according to you.
Werey omo jatijati. Ole olę

Jennyclay:
Honestly, I’m deeply in love with this man for no reason!
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by geoworldedu: 5:44pm On Mar 21
bassdow:
not sure I could ever allow this on me. Imagine make person hack am, come dey control me.

During elections, poliThiefCians fit hack into am, take am influence results
That's how far Nigerians cam think. Our own brain is not up to that level yet. We always zee the negative sides of everything in this part of the world, so we don't make attempts because of that.
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by EBEk101(m): 6:08pm On Mar 21
Mvnster:
Just one virus from a hacker and brains go beserk

There are some codes that undergone rigorous security testing that cannot be injected with virus, but I doubt this would ever be an open source. Elon musk might even be the only one with the asymmetric Key encryption

Secure open source projects typically undergo rigorous security testing, code review processes, and proactive measures to address potential security vulnerabilities.
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by Nicepoker(m): 6:31pm On Mar 21
Jennyclay:
Honestly, I’m deeply in love with this man for no reason!
You ain't in his league. Stick to garage boys.
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by Grootiam: 6:49pm On Mar 21
We shall get there.
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by caye(m): 7:27pm On Mar 21
With neuralink, you can create an army of suicide soldiers, who will just go out and commit genocide, without feelings.

1 Like

Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by hansomb: 7:34pm On Mar 21
adobebrittany:
Weeks back news coming from the great jewel of British Empire, saw mother India literally giving arm to the armless... Now we've Musk giving Brain to the Brainless. We've read news of souls being given to the Souless. Even heart to the heartless.

I don't want to link Nigeria as a country to this because she's inadequate rather I'm gonna relate and link individual efforts.

Yoo Brr! Just Keep trying to get through. Rise above the depression, above the slums, don't listen to naysayers, just pick your tools and keep your head up...

They can all get fu.cked. Just stay through to your games. Big breakthroughs is on the way.

In other news : I'm presently buying LinkedIn accounts. 090..25..703-3.66
soul ? Impossible
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by Broveens42(m): 7:45pm On Mar 21
SeeWahala:

Lol, they are all relatable sciences and little compared to what a black man has done.

The igbos were the first to perform an open brain surgery successfully.
You can verify
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by press9jatv: 7:51pm On Mar 21
Creative Elon Musk, he keep doing well in the area of tech and health care systems too
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by DeepSight(m): 8:29pm On Mar 21
SeeWahala:

That's what ignorant folks think.

Innovation is innovation and technological advancement is technological advancement anywhere in this world cool

The ignorance here is all yours bro, sadly. A little learning can be a terrible thing. For it adds arrogance to ignorance.
Anyone who compares Y2K to this doesnt know what either is, period.
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by DeepSight(m): 8:33pm On Mar 21
SeeWahala:

You can tell yourself anything that will enable you sleep well at nights cool

I won't mind wink

You probably dont know that gunpowder was invented by the Chinese and Calculus, geometry and most mathematical sciences by the Arabs. And that all this coalesced gradually through the centuries into modern technology. Thats why you would pitifully claim it was all done by the white man. You know so little, its painful to read.
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by Calitoscassius(m): 8:55pm On Mar 21
Mr Musk is a genius.
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by Morphinne: 9:49pm On Mar 21
ShitHead:
We should order the brain chips for Emilokan and his supporters.
Seconded. You don’t need it because it’s meant strictly for people who have brains grin
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by SeeWahala: 10:29pm On Mar 21
DeepSight:

You probably dont know that gunpowder was invented by the Chinese and Calculus, geometry and most mathematical sciences by the Arabs. And that all this coalesced gradually through the centuries into modern technology. Thats why you would pitifully claim it was all done by the white man. You know so little, its painful to read.

You're shifting goal post.

Oga we are Africans, with black skin and live on the African continent. what modern technologies have been invented on our african soil by a born and brought up African individual?
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by SeeWahala: 10:33pm On Mar 21
DeepSight:

The ignorance here is all yours bro, sadly. A little learning can be a terrible thing. For it adds arrogance to ignorance.
Anyone who compares Y2K to this doesnt know what either is, period.

Oga, the type of fear the nerds and tech world were experiencing during the Y2K era is exactly the type of fear people have over thus Elon musk's invention.

People know that it's coming but they don't know what will come

It is unless your brain wasn't developed enough at the time you'd be arguing this with me so I excuse your ignorance
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by SeeWahala: 10:38pm On Mar 21
Broveens42:

Lol, they are all relatable sciences and little compared to what a black man has done.

The igbos were the first to perform an open brain surgery successfully.
You can verify

It was done in a foreign continent and backed by the white's education and technology undecided

Africa is the egg but the process that turned the egg from a chick into the champion rooster that it became all came from the white man cry
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by DeepSight(m): 10:46pm On Mar 21
SeeWahala:

You're shifting goal post.

Oga we are Africans, with black skin and live on the African continent. what modern technologies have been invented on our african soil by a born and brought up African individual?

What you are failing to understand is that no one, and no nation, no race, wake up one day as cave men and by evening have invented space travel and the internet. All of these things take gradual accumulation of knowledge over eons which succeeding generations and nations build on one little brick at a time and this accumulation of knowledge involved and involves people from all races and all generations across a huge span of time.

There is much to cite which originated in black Africa, and if you are one of those who think for Example that Egypt had nothing to do with black Africa, you are deeply misinformed. Even right here in the tropics you would be astonished to read the description of a place like Benin City by early European chroniclers. Same goes for Meso American Cities many of which were more advanced than the biggest in Europe save one thing - no guns.

It is very misfooted to ask for a modern invention from a particular place (there are many by the way) because the modern age of technology only came on very recently, say with the industrial revolution, and there is no way that would not originate in a heat seeking environment.

But you see, in the larger scheme of things there are also other factors which influence these things and one of the principal ones is climate. So you will find most of the leading civilizations in history in the temperate regions of the world and there are reasons for this. Too many other factors are critical. A small example is the presence of a single animal - the horse - in an area and the impact it has on movement and trade and even warfare.

I did a thread on this sometime ago. Have a peep -

https://www.nairaland.com/7887428/racial-superiority-inferiority

If you are one of those who doesn't understand history and simply marvels at the white man, I can only smile and say carry on.
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by DeepSight(m): 10:48pm On Mar 21
SeeWahala:

It was done in a foreign continent and backed by the white's education and technology undecided

Africa is the egg but the process that turned the egg from a chick into the champion rooster that it became all came from the white man cry

The last line is the height of illiterate ignorance. You know nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent / Create New Yahoomail.com Account - Yahoo Registration Website Page For Signup / Simple Working Tricks/steps To Unblock Your Facebook Blocked Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.