Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess (21629 Views)

Elon Musk's Brain-chip Company Neuralink Gets Approval To Start Human Trial(pic) / Elon Musk's Neuralink 'shows Monkey Playing Pong With Mind' / Elon Musk Says There's A Chance His Ai-brain-chip Will Be Embedded Into Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by DeepSight(m): 10:52pm On Mar 21
SeeWahala:

Oga, the type of fear the nerds and tech world were experiencing during the Y2K era is exactly the type of fear people have over thus Elon musk's invention.

People know that it's coming but they don't know what will come

It is unless your brain wasn't developed enough at the time you'd be arguing this with me so I excuse your ignorance

You still miss the point here. There is all kinds of fear of technology including fear of AI and fear of nuclear weapons. To simply say fear is fear is simplistic to the point of being a simpleton.

The fear that Y2K would misalign computers at the turn of the century and create chaos is worlds apart from the fear of what an implant which has access to your thoughts can do to you.

Your position lacks nuance and distinction. I will not be surprised if you equate them all with fear of something like fake news via social media!
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by SeeWahala: 11:19pm On Mar 21
DeepSight:

What you are failing to understand is that no one, and no nation, no race, wake up one day as cave men and by evening have invented space travel and the internet. All of these things take gradual accumulation of knowledge over eons which succeeding generations and nations build on one little brick at a time and this accumulation of knowledge involved and involves people from all races and all generations across a huge span of time.

There is much to cite which originated in black Africa, and if you are one of those who think for Example that Egypt had nothing to do with black Africa, you are deeply misinformed. Even right here in the tropics you would be astonished to read the description of a place like Benin City by early European chroniclers. Same goes for Meso American Cities many of which were more advanced than the biggest in Europe save one thing - no guns.

It is very misfooted to ask for a modern invention from a particular place (there are many by the way) because the modern age of technology only came on very recently, say with the industrial revolution, and there is no way that would not originate in a heat seeking environment.

But you see, in the larger scheme of things there are also other factors which influence these things and one of the principal ones is climate. So you will find most of the leading civilizations in history in the temperate regions of the world and there are reasons for this. Too many other factors are critical. A small example is the presence of a single animal - the horse - in an area and the impact it has on movement and trade and even warfare.

I did a thread on this sometime ago. Have a peep -

https://www.nairaland.com/7887428/racial-superiority-inferiority

If you are one of those who doesn't understand history and simply marvels at the white man, I can only smile and say carry on.

This thing you posted is too long angry

Why are you explaining too much? undecided

In short leave me alone jor, you're not fun to bant with. Always shifting post 📫
Re: Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess by DeepSight(m): 11:23pm On Mar 21
SeeWahala:

This thing you posted is too long angry

Why are you explaining too much? undecided

In short leave me alone jor, you're not fun to bant with. Always shifting post 📫

Lazy bones.
Well take this away: even if you wish to claim the black man has contributed nothing, you cannot claim the white man alone created everything else. That is just false.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent / Create New Yahoomail.com Account - Yahoo Registration Website Page For Signup / Simple Working Tricks/steps To Unblock Your Facebook Blocked Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.