Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) (13163 Views)

Wike Flags Off Construction Of 5 KM Road In Abaji Area Council (Photos) / Sanwo-olu Kicks-off Reconstruction Of Burnt Akere Motor Parts Market / On Atiku Abubakar's Fresh Posters In FCT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by Meti99(m): 6:09am On Mar 22
Mr Wike, cost of transportation is still very high in Abuja, kindly reintroduce Modern Mass Transit buses that will help reduce costs
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by Whalis: 6:26am On Mar 22
kaludestiny10:
That is a nice one from the FCT minister. But as governor of Rivers State, he allow the public schools to rot under his watch. Starting from dilapidated structures to none teachers.
Bros you are not saying the truth. Amaechi before him employed on a swoop more than 13000 teachers would you want him to employ more? He sustained that. He rehabilitated a lot of public schools as well
Truth be told those build by Amaechi weren't looked into.
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by kaludestiny10(m): 6:43am On Mar 22
I'm not sure if the number of school buildings he renovated are up to 20 in the whole of Rivers State. That been said, most schools in Port Harcourt don't have enough teachers. I reside in Rivers State and I have relatives that are in these schools. Most teachers got retired from service and former governor Wike refused to replace those that retired during his tenure. Same happened in the civil service. He only concentrated his efforts on roads which is also commendable. But as for human capital development, the man scored a low point in that area.
Whalis:

Bros you are not saying the truth. Amaechi before him employed on a swoop more than 13000 teachers would you want him to employ more? He sustained that. He rehabilitated a lot of public schools as well
Truth be told those build by Amaechi weren't looked into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by mrksquare: 6:44am On Mar 22
kaludestiny10:
That is a nice one from the FCT minister. But as governor of Rivers State, he allow the public schools to rot under his watch. Starting from dilapidated structures to none teachers.

He couldn't even sustain all the beautiful primary schools Amaechi built in all the 23 LGA. In most of the schools because he couldn't pay the private security Amaechi's government contracted to secure the schools, the computers and generating set parts were stolen.

Wike is a mediocre. Nigerians are too given to mediocrity and media flag up of projects. So not surprised at the praises on Wike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by kokoA(m): 6:57am On Mar 22
CyberWolf:
What exactly did former FCT minister under Buhari do for 8 years?
Baba I don ask that question tire I no get answer. Nobody even remembers his name, after Elrufai the only FCT minister I know is Wike.
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 7:00am On Mar 22
johnjay4u2u:
I don't like wike just as I don't trust all Nigerian politicians but from what we all have been reading, he has been the most active Fct minister in decades. Others have been all about looting and no work.

If u see abuja these days eh.

It's construction everywhere u turn

Everywhere is dusty.
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by chinonfelix2(m): 7:05am On Mar 22
I hope he carried his band to FCT.. A biggy man a biggy man...
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by blueAgent(m): 7:18am On Mar 22
mrksquare:

He couldn't even sustain all the beautiful primary schools Amaechi built in all the 23 LGA. In most of the schools because he couldn't pay the private security Amaechi's government contracted to secure the schools, the computers and generating set parts were stolen.

Wike is a mediocre. Nigerians are too given given to mediocrity and media flag up of projects. So not surprised at the praises on Wike.

Wike and media
Well said
Na APC miscreants they support mediocrity
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by Trustmea: 7:23am On Mar 22
That wike's deputy is beautiful
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 7:34am On Mar 22
thesolutions:
So there are public schools in Abuja?
They must be in the outskirts of the city.
which outskirts... there's a public sch that's very close to Abuja continental hotel fmr sheraton hotel... Most dey inside town jabi/utako area....
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 7:37am On Mar 22
12345baba:
no no no. Them plenty inside town, that's where the house helps of big men go to school
iswr... See what they've turned out country to....i pray our university don't turn out to be the same.....
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 7:38am On Mar 22
Depriest2020:
It seems like FCT is just having a minister for the first time. See how rusty and dilapidated Gifted is, imagine school of scholarship for the best government students.
gifted for Suleja still dey better iswr.... Dis public schs in Abuja went on strike like mad during d last administration....
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by ruffDiamond: 7:54am On Mar 22
CyberWolf:
What exactly did former FCT minister under Buhari do for 8 years?
that ostrich neck Bello was the most useless of the all.im Aboki babanbola brothers don turn Abuja streets, roadside to public latrine!they defeacate and deface everywhere angry they alongside fulani herder are a major menace in Abuja right now!they are simply out of control,!
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by Galaticos444: 8:32am On Mar 22
johnjay4u2u:
I don't like wike just as I don't trust all Nigerian politicians but from what we all have been reading, he has been the most active Fct minister in decades. Others have been all about looting and no work.

u are right.he's d most active FCT minister in decades cos he's d non northerner FCT minister in decades.this jst shows d north has nothing to offer when it comes to governance than to loot and share public funds among their cronies.

Special recognition of el rufai,he did well for Abuja
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by anonimi: 8:34am On Mar 22
CapitalLens:
FCT Minister, Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike flagged off the reconstruction and rehabilitation of public schools in the FCT at the FCT School for the Gifted in Gwagwalada. In his address, the Minister said that the FCT Administration will not only provide access to education but will also ensure quality and a conducive environment for learning.
Below are some Photographs of the event.

How many free public schools are there in FCT compared to the number of private schools?
Has Wike employed any teacher for the government schools since he got the job of minister with Tinubu giving him free hand on the revenue generated by the FCT instead of putting everything into the TSA account

Can you please provide this complimentary information.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by wwwihy: 8:42am On Mar 22
thesolutions:
They said FCT, you are saying Abuja. Where was it written Abuja. Are you this dull?

Maybe you don't know the differences between the two
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by thesolutions(m): 8:49am On Mar 22
wwwihy:

They said FCT, you are saying Abuja. Where was it written Abuja. Are you this dull?

Maybe you don't know the differences between the two
Chai. Pity me now. I did not go to nursery school. I have forgotten they are two different places

FCT is federal capital territory
Abuja is em em wikes territory.

I have to go back to nursery school. I don't want to disgrace my ancestors in public again.

1 Like

Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by Whalis: 8:51am On Mar 22
kaludestiny10:
I'm not such if the number of school buildings he renovated is up to 20 in the whole of Rivers State. That been said, most schools in Port Harcourt don't have enough teachers. I reside in Rivers State and I have relatives that are in this schools. Most teachers retired from service and former governor Wike refused to replace those that retired. Same happened in the civil service. He only concentrated his efforts on roads which is also commendable. But as for human development, the man scored a low point in that aspect.
I am not a politician neither do I support anyone. But as someone who understands governance I know it is possible for a governor or government to make all critical areas their centre piece of focus.
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by frog12: 9:13am On Mar 22
they are spending too much money for FCT.

1 Like

Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by CyberWolf: 9:15am On Mar 22
thesolutions:
Who told you that? There are many of them in the heart of the city, Asokoro, Garki, Wuse, Gwarimpa, you name it.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by frog12: 9:15am On Mar 22
this man dey prepare for PRESIDENCY. BEING fct minister to him, as as good as being President. e don beat Atiku
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by Depriest2020: 9:32am On Mar 22
Judolisco:
gifted for Suleja still dey better iswr.... Dis public schs in Abuja went on strike like mad during d last administration....
You mean Federal government academy (Suleja academy) Maje? Even that one since 1986 that it was built it has never been renovated.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by Riskymarvelous(m): 9:44am On Mar 22
MICHEALADEX:
Obedient won't like this
you always show your daftness
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by anonimi: 10:14am On Mar 22
frog12:
they are spending too much money for FCT.

It's a well planned cover up masquerade for the 2027 war chest money Wike is raising for ThiefNuibu, by raising IGR with zero scrutiny away from the TSA.

ijustdey:
President Bola Tinubu has pulled the Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, out of the Treasury Single Account, TSA, effectively paving way for the Nyesom Wike-led FCTA to utilize the territory’s Internally Generated Revenue IGR for the development of the nation’s capital.

At a news conference Friday in Abuja, Wike also disclosed that the President has approved the creation of the FCT Civil Service Commission to allow for staff career progression.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/breaking-tinubu-pulls-fct-out-of-tsa/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by gratefulheart(m): 12:49pm On Mar 22
I will rather support Wike than bitter and hater Obi.

adekolaelect:
Good one Mr performer !!! The Slayer of Obidient and Atikulators.
Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) by yemmight(m): 2:29pm On Mar 22
thesolutions:

Not in the outskirts only. We have in Garki, Wuse etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall / Ayo Adebanjo: Buhari Won’t Hand Over To Tinubu In 2023 / Atiku Asks President Buhari To Sign Nigeria Startup Bill When NASS Passes It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.