Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. (972 Views)

When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / Man Designs Posters For Wife’s Lover; Says “stop Sleeping With My Wife Or Die On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Truvelisback(m): 8:21pm On Mar 21
Good day, fellas. Apart from me, who else noticed that telling your wife or even women in general, your exact salary is risky? If you are earning like 100k, just tell her that you are earning 60k, 70k or 80k. E get why. cool

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Elohorp(f): 8:22pm On Mar 21
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Apart from me, who else noticed that telling your wife or even women in general, your exact salary is risky? If you are earning like 100k, just tell her that you are earning 60k, 70k or 80k. E get why. cool

Hope same can be applied by women

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Sapasenator: 8:29pm On Mar 21
Never make that mistake? I also don't want to know what she earns.
Never let her know when you get a raise or promotion.

Never have a joint account in your main account for income.

You become nothing if you lose your element of unpredictability and surprise.

I learned the hard way!

Please guys, by all means, take care of your woman but never under any condition, allow financial see finish.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Notfogotten: 8:39pm On Mar 21
Sapasenator:

I learned the hard way!

Please guys, by all means, take care of your woman but never under any condition, allow financial see finish.

Sir, I learned the hard way too.

As a man, make sure you must not disclose your networth to your wife. Ensure you take care of your family but most importantly, have savings or investments in your name as a man.

Don't bother yourself with what your woman earns. Never ask her for money. Even if she is a billionaire.

This will maintain your respect as a man.

One thing I have come to realise in marriage is that man and woman can be one in everything apart from finances. It is the major cause of divorce abroad.

I am abroad and my wife recently suggested we buy a house. I won't. I told her I don't have money. Spend my savings buying a house abroad and you throw me out tomorrow in the cold. Never.

I will rather invest back home in Nigeria than buy a house abroad.

NEVER LET YOUR WIFE KNOW YOUR NETWORTH.
AND NEVER EVER ASK HER FOR MONEY.

14 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Truvelisback(m): 8:40pm On Mar 21
Sapasenator:

I learned the hard way!

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Truvelisback(m): 8:42pm On Mar 21
Elohorp:

Hope same can be applied by women
I don't care to know about hers except she on her own chose to tell me.

4 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Elohorp(f): 8:47pm On Mar 21
Truvelisback:
I don't care to know about hers except she on her own chose to tell me.
Ok then it's fair

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Sapasenator: 8:47pm On Mar 21
Notfogotten:

Sir, I learned the hard way too.

As a man, make sure you must not disclose your networth to your wife. Ensure you take care of your family but most importantly, have savings or investments in your name as a man.

Don't bother yourself with what your woman earns. Never ask her for money. Even if she is a billionaire.

This will maintain your respect as a man.

One thing I have come to realise in marriage is that man and woman can be one in everything apart from finances. It is the major cause of divorce abroad.

I am abroad and my wife recently suggested we buy a house. I won't. I told her I don't have money. Spend my savings buying a house abroad and you throw me out tomorrow in the cold. Never.

I will rather invest back home in Nigeria than buy a house abroad.

NEVER LET YOUR WIFE KNOW YOUR NETWORTH.
AND NEVER EVER ASK HER FOR MONEY.

At first, I thought we were on the same page and disclosed everything, it cam back to bite me in the butt.

I learnt very quickly.

4 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Tallesty1(m): 9:40pm On Mar 21
This situation seems tricky, doesn't it? grin grin grin

A common mistake, especially among men, is to trust women solely because they love them.
She is my wife and I trust her, nye nye nye. Guy, You dey jons?

Love alone isn't enough reason to trust someone. Love can develop quickly but trust requires time to build.

It's important to love and take care of your wife. Very important; and as long as you're fulfilling your responsibilities, how much you earn shouldn't be her concern.

If her money is her own and your money is our own then it's best to be cautious; but if over time, she proves to be trustworthy, then it's worth trusting her.

Still doesn't mean that you should tell her everything, just enough.

7 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Caaz: 10:30pm On Mar 21
Men should tell their wives how much they earn,saved or what they invested on.

Your wive is your other half.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Notfogotten: 10:31pm On Mar 21
Sapasenator:

At first, I thought we were on the same page and disclosed everything, it cam back to bite me in the butt.

I learnt very quickly.

This is exactly what happened to me for years until we moved abroad and many things started playing out.

I have learnt to start saving the much I can. Never disclosing how much I earn or when I'm paid.

4 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Truvelisback(m): 10:32pm On Mar 21
Tallesty1:
This situation seems tricky, doesn't it? grin grin grin

A common mistake, especially among men, is to trust women solely because they love them.
She is my wife and I trust her, nye nye nye. Guy, You dey jons?

Love alone isn't enough reason to trust someone. Love can develop quickly but trust requires time to build.

It's important to love and take care of your wife. Very important; and as long as you're fulfilling your responsibilities, how much you earn shouldn't be her concern.

If her money is her own and your money is our own then it's best to be cautious; but if over time, she proves to be trustworthy, then it's worth trusting her.

Still doesn't mean that you should tell her everything, just enough.
Very tricky, bro. As a matter of fact, there are some things I don't want to spill here so that our women here no go code. Na we guys know what's up.

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Notfogotten: 10:34pm On Mar 21
Truvelisback:
Very tricky, bro. As a matter of fact, there are some things I don't want to spill here so that our women here no go code. Na we guys know what's up.

Please say it. I beg you. If I knew what I know now, things would have been a lot better foe me.

2 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Truvelisback(m): 10:39pm On Mar 21
Notfogotten:

Please say it. I beg you. If I knew what I know now, things would have been a lot better foe me.
Telling her is like striping yourself naked before.

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Sapasenator: 10:42pm On Mar 21
Notfogotten:

This is exactly what happened to me for years until we moved abroad and many things started playing out.

I have learnt to start saving the much I can. Never disclosing how much I earn or when I'm paid.

Welcome to the club buddy. We live to learn each day.

2 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Caaz: 10:42pm On Mar 21
Men townhall meeting.
Hope the women are reading this?

2 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Ibechris2: 5:38am On Mar 22
Na which kind husbands una be these men ?

All this hiding would make u guys not grow honestly.

My wife knows my salary,she equally knows how much I have made in recent months.

No wonder many family are not doing well financially because of hide and seek attitude of theirs.

What then is the gain from all this hiding...poor thinking strategy.

I have grown my income because of my wife...a beautiful soul who would see me achieve more by even giving me her money to add up to most of my business.

This gathering is a gathering of wicked husband's...and I refused to join u guys.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Truvelisback(m): 6:26am On Mar 22
Ibechris2:
Na which kind husbands una be this self?

All this hiding would make u guys not grow honestly.

My wife knows my salary,she equally knows how much I have made in recent months.

No wonder many family are not doing well financially because of hide and seek attitude of theirs.

What then is the gain from all this hiding...poor thinking strategy.

I have grown my income because of my wife...a beautiful soul who would see me achieve more by even giving me her money to add up to most of my business.

This gathering is a gathering of wicked husband's...and I refused to join u guys.

Time will tell.

4 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Ibechris2: 8:23am On Mar 22
Truvelisback:
Time will tell.

I have been in marriage for 8years.

Money has never been a problem to us and she has often proven to be financially honest since we got married and why should I hide things from her.

For the fact that I am not single,I now work and earn for the family and that is all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Notfogotten: 9:48am On Mar 22
Ibechris2:

Money has never been a problem to us and she has often proven to be financially honest since we got married and why should I hide things from her.

For the fact that I am not single,I now work and earn for the family and that is all.

Time will tell bro. Mine started playing when I moved abroad last year. I have been married for 13 years.

7 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Gloriagee(f): 11:54am On Mar 22
At least, the woman is not going to turn around to domineeringly control the woman while trying to assert himself as the head of the home.

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by ennon92(m): 12:49pm On Mar 22
Ibechris2:

The constant thing in life is change, you are feeling this way cos of the present.

4 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by talk2hb1(m): 3:14pm On Mar 22
Ibechris2:

I am curious
Do you give your family money?
Does your wife know how much you give your family?
Do you give your wife family money too?
Does she know how much you give them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Tallesty1(m): 3:16pm On Mar 22
Caaz:
Men should tell their wives how much they earn,saved or what they invested on.

Your wive is your other half.
Eyaaa
Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Sapasenator: 3:37pm On Mar 22
Ibechris2:

Your marriage is still young. You will learn later expecially if you live abroad.

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Ibechris2: 3:57pm On Mar 22
talk2hb1:

I am curious

Yes,all of the above.

Practically speaking,we have sorted all of this even before we got married and I have never had money disagreement with my wife.

I know how much upfront she earns including her monthly salaries...and she knows mine.
Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Kelechi009: 4:53pm On Mar 22
Truvelisback:

It depends on the kind of woman, women are not the same. You should know the type of lady you are dealing with.

2 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Ibechris2: 5:13pm On Mar 22
Sapasenator:

Your marriage is still young. You will learn later expecially if you live abroad.

U think everyone is in bad marriage as u.

I dey laugh
Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by talk2hb1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 22
Ibechris2:

Yes,all of the above.

Practically speaking,we have sorted all of this even before we got married and I have never had money disagreement with my wife.

I know how much upfront she earns including her monthly salaries...and she knows mine.
I guess she is a civil servants
My final question is
Does she have cordial relationship with your family
And
Does your family too have cordial relationship with her?

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Sapasenator: 6:20pm On Mar 22
Ibechris2:

U think everyone is in bad marriage as u.

I dey laugh

"Bad marriage", where did you get that from?

Reaching conclusions are we young man?

Next you will start cursing and abusing, I know your type.

1 Like

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by ReignsR: 6:40pm On Mar 22
Truvelisback:
Telling her is like striping yourself naked before.
Why are you then married and living under same roof when you still have secrets hidden from each other.

2 Likes

Re: Telling Your Wife Or Women In General, Your Exact Salary Is Risky. by Truvelisback(m): 7:25pm On Mar 22
talk2hb1:

I am curious
You have started opening the secret. Another thing is policing your finance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Money Management in Marriage / I'll Love To Buy Her The Whole World / Scam Letter I Received

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.