Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart (2614 Views)

How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? / President Uhuru Pauses His Speech During The Call To Prayer (adhaan) / Ruling On Shaking Hands With The Opposite Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by Lukgaf(m): 6:45am On Mar 22
This week, let's review the 34th hadith of the forty hadith of An-nawawih. For the past review, see here

On the authority of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (RadhiyaAllahu ‘anhu) who said: “I heard the Messenger of Allah (SallaAllahu ‘alayhi wasallam) say,

“Whosoever of you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then [let him change it] with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart — and that is the weakest of faith.”

[Reported by Muslim]

Brief Commentary from Hadith Commentary

Stages for enjoining the good and forbidding the evil:

- Conditions of the evil are all present
- Ascertain if the person is ignorant of the matter or not
- Change the evil with your hand (not always first stage to start with)
-Condemn the evil with your tongue if you can’t change with your hand
-Condemn/hate the evil in your heart if you have no access/ability to condemn it or change it with your tongue or limbs
-If it is better to condemn the evil with your tongue before changing it with your limbs then condemning it with the tongue takes precedence e.g. telling a person to stop drinking before physically taking the alcohol from them
- Condemning with the heart entails leaving the gathering which partakes in this. If you really hate the evil, then you would naturally want to leave
Ibn Taymiyyah said, “Condemning with the heart is belief that this is an evil. If a heart loses the knowledge of what is good and condemning what is evil, then Iman is lifted from the heart”
- If you don’t condemn the evil with your heart then it can lead to a black heart
-Benefits of condemning the evil with the heart:
Preserves the Iman in the heart
Pushes a person to condemn it with other means as they really hate it, so they would try their hardest to condemn it in the best way possible
-If there is no fear of greater evil, but you fear the person will not benefit if you enjoin the good and forbid the evil then there are different opinions on what you should do, but the majority opinion is that we should still enjoin the good and forbid the evil because Allah is testing us through this and because we are commanded to do so. If we don’t do it, then this action will end up being neglected.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by Lukgaf(m): 7:43am On Mar 22
Benefits and Action points:

-Whenever you enjoin the good and forbid the evil, ensure you follow the stages mentioned above
-Always assess what is the best approach to start with when enjoining the good and forbidding the evil as changing the evil with your limbs is not always the best option to start with
-Question your heart’s detachment from evil and ensure it is never at ease around evil
-In a situation where evil is extremely widespread, then prioritise the evil you forbid and the good you enjoin

4 Likes

Re: Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by superintendents(m): 7:59am On Mar 22
cool
Jumaat Mubarak..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by Antlislaam: 9:15am On Mar 22
Keep this space
Re: Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by Antoeni(m): 1:00pm On Mar 22
Fact

Re: Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by Antoeni(m): 1:01pm On Mar 22
Islam

1 Like

Re: Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 1:19pm On Mar 22
Jazaakumullohu Khairan

1 Like

Re: Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by gaskiyamagana: 2:55pm On Mar 22
Antoeni:
Fact
A professor from Harvard University who became Muslim recently is now free from your foolish beliefs, deceptive , staged miracles, exploitive tithe and corrupt bible called holy book.

2 Likes

Re: Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by Sterope(f): 2:59pm On Mar 22
We are encouraged to fight those who fight us. We can choose to also leave them be. We are not mandated to turn the other cheek. Islam is not a pacifist religion. We make no excuse about that.

The prophet is different from ISIS cheesy

Antoeni:
Islam

2 Likes

Re: Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by gloryman91: 3:46pm On Mar 22
Honestly, this has been the greatest challenge in the system I found myself personally, praying to Allah strengthen my Iman and guide my tongue.

My heart is really disturbing.

Brethren I really need your prayers especially during this Holy Month of RAMADAN.

1 Like

Re: Forbidding Evil With The Hands, Speech, And Heart by Antlislaam: 12:47pm On Mar 23
Antlislaam:
Keep this space

Who dey do evil pass

(1) (Reply)

Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This / Is It Not Permissible For A Wife To Wear Her Husband's Cloth. / Bible Approves Islam As The Divine Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.