Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final (7080 Views)

AFCON: What Nigerians Are Saying As Super Eagles Lose 2-0 To Guinea In Friendly / Nigeria Thrash South Africa 0-3 In All Africa Games Women Football. / Edidiong Odiong Wins Asian Games Women’s 200m Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by senatordave1(m): 12:49pm On Mar 22
GanagiBitrus:

Small girls.
SF still reign Supreme.

Ghana is superior to us in soccer
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by mikeapollo: 1:04pm On Mar 22
Hafeexla:

Before I exchange any word with you, did you watch yesterday match?

Yes, I did. And the Nigerian team was physically stronger and more aggressive than the Ghana team.
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by femi4: 1:17pm On Mar 22
dalongjnr:
The game was disjointed and the girls disorganized.
The referee didn't even help issues!
Out of my busy schedules, I dedicated 2 hours of my time to watched the game and have to go back into my study at 12:30 AM after the extra time of the encounter.
It was just a bad day for the girls.
They didn't deserve to win. The ref didn't give Ghana a pk in the second half due to handball cos there was no VAR
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by mikeapollo: 1:27pm On Mar 22
Hafeexla:

Before I exchange any word with you, did you watch yesterday match?

Yes, I did. And the Nigerian team was physically bigger, stronger and more aggressive than the Ghana team.
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Esinwaju: 1:33pm On Mar 22
Another final bottled. Not surprised. The way their senior brothers, the super eagles bottled it. Again, against the host. Even if you play poorly all through a tournament, as long as you make to the final, there is some sort beyond-tactics work to be put in. We lost to Cote d'Ivoire, not because we played poorly(they didn't play well either) but because we were psychologically poor. We were overwhelmed. We scored first but lost. The same thing with these girls. They scored first but the atmosphere overwhelmed them and they crumbled under the pressure just as the super eagles against Cote d'Ivoire. It is high time we began paying more attention to the mental/psychological side of the game. Good players? We will always have. Good coach? We have always had them decent. Good team psychologist? Nope. Never. I don't think so. Otherwise we would not have bottled 5 out of 8 Afcon finals. There is an urgent need for a FUNCTIONING psychological department in the NFF just as we have the technical department.

1 Like

Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by 113maduenu: 1:50pm On Mar 22
They should be ashamed of themselves for not kicking those black ass outThey should be ashamed of themselves for not kicking those black ass out...
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by skallion7(m): 2:58pm On Mar 22
mikeapollo:

You no take Ghana serious? Big lie! Always deceiving yourselves to feel good.
Nigeria ALWAYS takes Ghana very serious! Go read what Finidi George said about the friendly we are about to play today against Ghana.
Ghana has had the better record of beating Nigeria since pre-independence years, hence it has been the ambition y and determination of Nigerian football teams to always beat Ghana as a revenge. Nigeria is always very serious against Ghana, but there is some psychological fear and nervousness when the Super Eagles meet the Black Stars.
Ghana has NEVER been a team for Nigeria to take lightly or unserious during clashes. Even friendly matches are hotly contested by both teams! It is only in female football that Nigeria has clear better record against Ghana, but everybody is catching up nowadays. South Africa now has probably the strongest senior women football team in Africa now.
All this ranting on top U20 women game🙄. Ode leleyi oo
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by PropertyBuying(f): 1:06am On Mar 23
Painful... But they can do better next time if they prepare well.
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by BronzeTiger: 7:45am On Mar 23
Nigeria was poor yesterday so poor.
Re: Falconets Lose 2-1 To Ghana In African Games Women's Football Final by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:01pm On Mar 23
dominique:
Ghanaian teams both male and female may be mediocre when playing other teams but whenever they meet Nigeria, they come out guns blazing making you wonder if this is the same team that struggled with weaker teams. I won't be surprised if the match we have with them will bring out same scoreline

Same score line but in Nigeria's favor. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 26 Fixed Draw / I Want To Help You Grow And Hit Alabi Hard / Geraint Thomas Crowned BBC Sports Personality Of The Year 2018, Kane 2nd(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.