Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy (19083 Views)

Naira Marley: I Don't Do Drugs, I Just Smoke Weed / Patoranking Encourages His Colleagues To Do Giveaways For People Offline / Naira Marley Accuses Tunde Ednut Of Taking Money From Yahoo Boys For Giveaways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Gajagojo: 12:00pm On Mar 22
SoNature:

If you like do giveaway for brand promotion, I don't care. Just keep giving back to society because many people need help in this country.

As for me praying that God should bless Davido, dude was already blessed in his mother's belly, given his background and what he achieved at his age. So, what you think cannot change what is.
That is your own understanding of being blessed
Who are you to judge who is blessed and who is not blessed
You are very superficial

Since you brought God into I suggest you go and read
Matthew 6:2-5

The subject of This thread is Burna boy not Davido
And you have come here to tell us you dislike Burma Boy blablabla
Who cares about your hatred?
Burna boy says he does not believe in giving on Instagram

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by VinnyBaba: 12:02pm On Mar 22
Cantonese:
Oya do as you like as long as you are able to do.

We no see, who no gear who you give. Na you dey claim say your colleagues dey chase clout.

By the way, Bill Gates has given away billions in dollars in all manners.
Ted Turner gave away.
Dangote gives away.
Folorunsho Alakija always.
Oprah Winfrey all the time.
Even here on Nairaland some people sef dey try.

There are too many out there to mention who give away.

Can we count them as clout chasing?

Dangote does NOT do online Giveaways to people. undecided

He gives to Professional Bodies and causes. smiley

Dat's what Burnaboy is Saying here.

Most Online BEGGARS you see, when they get Giveaways, they spend it on Booze, weed, Tramadol, Oloshos, Etc. undecided undecided

Truly, Many of them DON'T have Much problem like they claim. sad

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Solofresh2: 12:03pm On Mar 22
SoNature:
God forgive me, but I don't like Burna Boy one bit! Sometimes, I wonder what he sings that makes people go gaga over him! To cap it all, he's a stingy, egoistic person like WizKid.

On the flip side, may God bless Davido, a giver from a privileged family who doesn't allow his background affect the way he relates with people!
You call wizkid a stingy person grin
See let me tell you, I don't know about burnaboy but you see that wizkid,don't go there. Yes,wizkid is egoistic fine and am sure you are egoistic to some point as well except you want to be an hypocrite. Wizkid is a giver.Wizkid gives offline and rarely show it off..He is emphatic as well and I know what am talking about. Davido is naturally extroverted.He is egoistic too and he is a giver as well but he likes to show it off very well

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Inyaky(f): 12:03pm On Mar 22
That's his own view but there are so many people in need on the internet and this same give away has helped millions of people, by putting food on their table, paid their rent, saved some people s life in one way or the other.
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Rahkman: 12:05pm On Mar 22
Anytime this guy speaks you must gain 2 things or 3 things from him.....he is just like a prophet most of the things he has spoken of 14 to 15 years ago both in his music and interviews have all come to pass....i no know whether na the weed dey give am that kain inspiration , na to begin smoke weed be that

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Gajagojo: 12:06pm On Mar 22
Opanka44:

I thought I was the only one that doesn't like him. Truly, I find nothing special in him that is worth all these Hype. I don't enjoy his music either
That is life
Does everyone you meet like you?
We all pray that those that like us are more than those that dislike us
Everyone cannot like us
Does everyone like God?

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Gajagojo: 12:09pm On Mar 22
Rahkman:
Anytime this guy speaks you must gain 2 things or 3 things from him.....he is just like a prophet most of the things he has spoken of 14 to 15 years ago both in his music and interviews have all come to pass....i no know whether na the weed dey give am that kain inspiration , na to begin smoke weed be that
Jesus said this according to the bible

Be careful not to do your `acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Emphasis

If you do God will not reward you

Was. JESUS JOKING?
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by okoroemeka(m): 12:12pm On Mar 22
Coolestguy2023:
Burna Boy is correct, the number of f00lish people on instagram is unprecedented. It's better he uses his money to clean his ass after using the toilet than to give all those dunch of lunatics and clowns on Instagram
well we can say it is his money and reserves the right to spend it how he likes but I read a news how he declined a $5m dollars concert in Dubai because he cannot be allowed to smoke weed,now this is total disrespect to money,that is almost a billion naira,if he has a philanthropic spirit he can deny himself weed for 2-3 days and come back to Nigeria with that money
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by VinnyBaba: 12:13pm On Mar 22
Gajagojo:

That is your own understanding of being blessed
Who are you to judge who is blessed and who is not blessed
You are very superficial

Since you brought God into I suggest you go and read
Matthew 6:2-5

The subject of This thread is Burna boy not Davido
And you have come here to tell us you dislike Burma Boy blablabla
Who cares about your hatred?
Burna boy says he does not believe in giving on Instagram

Really, Funny.

because Davido does Giveaway, God will bless him and God will not bless those who doesn't do Giveaway.

Really POOR African Entitlement/Poverty Mentality. embarassed

Does DRAKE, CHRIS BROWN, Hendrick Lamar,Etc do Giveaway in the USA, despite their high unemployment rate? sad sad

In Africa, we have Terrible EXPECTATION Mentality. undecided

Once Mr A makes small Money, Everyone wants him to solve their Problem,
When they have hands and Brains to make money for themselves.😕😏
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Gajagojo: 12:19pm On Mar 22
VinnyBaba:

Really, Funny.

because Davido does Giveaway, God will bless him and God will not bless those who doesn't do Giveaway.

Really POOR African Entitlement/Poverty Mentality. embarassed

Does DRAKE, CHRIS BROWN, Hendrick Lamar,Etc do Giveaway in the USA, despite their high unemployment rate? sad sad

In Africa, we have Terrible EXPECTATION Mentality. undecided

Once Mr A makes small Money, Everyone wants him to solve their Problem,
When they have hands and Brains to make money for themselves.😕😏

Actually the bible says God will NOT REWARD DAVIDO FOR PUBLIC GIVEAWAY

1.Be careful not to do your `acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by VinnyBaba: 12:25pm On Mar 22
Gajagojo:

Actually the bible says God will NOT REWARD DAVIDO FOR PUBLIC GIVEAWAY

1.Be careful not to do your `acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Abi o.

True Giving/Philanthropy is done Silently!🙂

Davido's style of Giveaways looks to me, like he is trying to BUY THE LOVE and Hearts of Nigerian music Fans who used to called him Frog Voice. embarassed smiley smiley
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by VULCAN(m): 12:32pm On Mar 22
What he did NOT say speaks volumes.

He did NOT say that he helps the poor and underprivileged offline.

Kindly Note
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Gajagojo: 12:33pm On Mar 22
Solofresh2:
You call wizkid a stingy person grin
See let me tell you, I don't know about burnaboy but you see that wizkid,don't go there. Yes,wizkid is egoistic fine and am sure you are egoistic to some point as well except you want to be an hypocrite. Wizkid is a giver.Wizkid gives offline and rarely show it off..He is emphatic as well and I know what am talking about. Davido is naturally extroverted.He is egoistic too and he is a giver as well but he likes to show it off very well
Davido is not an extrovert IMHO
He comes across as quite introverted.
Many of these entertainers are introverts
Anyway the introvert thing is not really related to the magnificence thing

Clout chasing might sound derogatory but that is what Davido is doing
Wizkid too has done public giveaway on the streets
Some do it to chase clout others do it because they don't like to be called stingy

Reality is Nigerians are too entitled in their mentality.

Fela too was a giver in a different way

He lived in the trenches and not on the Island
He never lived in luxury and was very close to the people
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by luminouz(m): 12:36pm On Mar 22
bestman09:
cheesy
Whatever he deems best. Hope he is not a stingy man sha
And what if he is...how is that your mudafucking business?

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Gajagojo: 12:40pm On Mar 22
VinnyBaba:

Abi o.

True Giving/Philanthropy is done Silently!🙂

Davido's style of Giveaways looks to me, like he is trying to BUY THE LOVE and Hearts of Nigerian music Fans who used to called him Frog Voice. embarassed smiley smiley
David is detached from Nigerians
He does not know their reality
It is not his fault he is rich but most Nigerians are dirt poor
His songs cannot reflect the trenches

Listen to the content of his songs and compare to Fela

Listen to no agreement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiBnIsh5YzM

Many people who were not alive cannot understand why Fela was loved so much

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:42pm On Mar 22
bestman09:
cheesy
Whatever he deems best. Hope he is not a stingy man sha

Na him money if he wants to be stingy it's his right.
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by achimendy(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22
Seunpapa65:
Your money your choice

Simple.
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:44pm On Mar 22
SoNature:
God forgive me, but I don't like Burna Boy one bit! Sometimes, I wonder what he sings that makes people go gaga over him! To cap it all, he's a stingy, egoistic person like WizKid.

On the flip side, may God bless Davido, a giver from a privileged family who doesn't allow his background affect the way he relates with people!
It's like asking what messi plays because you are a Ronaldo fan, ne open minded don't allow fanship block your critical thinking skills.
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Ifyz0001: 12:44pm On Mar 22
No matter the reasons....he is just too stingy, that's all.... Davido wouldn't give excuses at all.

So no need for explanations
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Gajagojo: 12:45pm On Mar 22
VULCAN:
What he did NOT say speaks volumes.

He did NOT say that he helps the poor and underprivileged offline.

Kindly Note
What volume does it speak?
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:45pm On Mar 22
kcdendelo:
He is talking rubbish

Why don't you use your money to do give away on this platform? When you decide I will be the first beneficiary grin

Entitlement mentality ryo other people's wealth you never joined them to make.
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:47pm On Mar 22
Obakoolex:
undecided It's your money but no dey cap nonsense here. You wey no dey do online wan make people believe say you dey do offline.

Am pretty sure many people that are not on internet must have benefited from Davido and plenty online can attest to that also. I once heard he's gateman has 3 houses.

Once you are a celeb you have limited private life, even you really need clout to always be relevant so Mr burns no dey cap shit.

He doesn't need that clout to be relevant and doesn't need your entitlement. grin
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Truthsandtrusts: 12:54pm On Mar 22
Dayvidoo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6BrNDBXX58?si=pEMkcYK9rtcfZ4ek

Grammy Award winner, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu professionally known as Burna Boy discloses why he doesn’t do giveaways online.

During an Instagram live session with his fans and followers, Burna Boy said that he sees engaging in giveaways online as clout chasing.

However, the singer, Burna Boy made this assertion while revealing his plans of flying back to Nigeria from Paris in his private jet accompanied by his family and crew members.

Unlike his colleagues, Davido, Don Jazzy and others who always engage in doing giveaways online, Burna Boy expressed his opposition to such practices.

According to him, engaging in giveaway online is not his thing because people on Instagram and social media are not the people that really matters.
Speaking further, Burna Boy said people who deserve giveaways are not online, they don’t even know what is called Instagram

Source: Lindaikejiblogofficial

Forget that thing,who stingy stingy.....but they listen your music online for you to make money
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by ispreloaded(m): 1:00pm On Mar 22
thesicilian:

I don't consider it stinginess if what he said is true. I hardly do give away online but I do that on a regular basis offline
what about those doing online n offline have they die? God dat is already a universal owner..who have everything still Dy go giveaway to both rich people n poor who fit it.....

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by femi4: 1:01pm On Mar 22
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool I have known burna boy since way back in P.H before he became a super star..

We use to hang out at Akim the Beat studio at RUKPOKWU, along side timaya but timaya then was kind of big in the street..

Burna boy stingy well well.

The guy no de gree share WEED!

Not after he left the hood and travel out of the KUNTRY..

Although he is correct on dis one.

As for me. I de ASHAWO house like dis. Rain fall and weather cold.

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
How many people did he reach out to offline
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by CountinBlessins(m): 1:07pm On Mar 22
Nayturalistic:

He’s a better SM than you’ll ever be.. OBI aroko

Fem there !! See all these corner bam obinaz dey fall out. Who knows I? Tah!!! Comot for my mention now !!!

Smelly obili !!!
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by CountinBlessins(m): 1:07pm On Mar 22
Timoleon:

K

Dìck
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Solofresh2: 1:20pm On Mar 22
Gajagojo:

Davido is not an extrovert IMHO
He comes across as quite introverted.
Many of these entertainers are introverts
Anyway the introvert thing is not really related to the magnificence thing

Clout chasing might sound derogatory but that is what Davido is doing
Wizkid too has done public giveaway on the streets
Some do it to chase clout others do it because they don't like to be called stingy

Reality is Nigerians are too entitled in their mentality.

Fela too was a giver in a different way

He lived in the trenches and not on the Island
He never lived in luxury and was very close to the people
Davido is an extrovert
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Cantonese: 1:26pm On Mar 22
VinnyBaba:

Dangote does NOT do online Giveaways to people. undecided

He gives to Professional Bodies and causes. smiley

Dat's what Burnaboy is Saying here.

Most Online BEGGARS you see, when they get Giveaways, they spend it on Booze, weed, Tramadol, Oloshos, Etc. undecided undecided

Truly, Many of them DON'T have Much problem like they claim. sad

Now how do you define giving away online?
We know that news of giveaways spread very fast. Newspapers and social media carry such news speedily.

Burna boy, I presume does not infer those who publicly beg for money. I think he infers calling the press, etc to witness such giveaways and publicize them is clout chasing.

Dangote and all those I mentioned are permanently in the news, whether for good or for bad. For example he was part of Nigerians who gave out billions during the Covid pandemic. Dangote gives to all. Please read the news. He has spent billions rebuilding the burnt Kano market. He has built houses for the poor and widows. Recently we read that he gave away 10,000 bags of rice. Is that clout chasing? We read all these in the news daily freely.

Such statements from the likes of Burna boy are the marks of those who hold on to their money and are not willing to give to anyone. He owns his money and his right to do whatever pleases him. He therefore has no reason to accuse those who give out theirs as clout chasers.
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Gajagojo: 1:30pm On Mar 22
Solofresh2:
Davido is an extrovert
You want to play

David is an introvert Davido is an Extrovert David is an introvert Davido is an Extrovert David is an introvert Davido is an Extrovert David is an introvert Davido is an Extrovert David is an introvert Davido is an Extrovert David is an introvert Davido is an Extrovert David is an introvert Davido is an Extrovert David is an introvert Davido is an Extrovert David is an introvert Davido is an Extrovert

??

You are looking for a jobless or purposeless person like you to play that game?

I don't want to play OK
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Cantonese: 1:33pm On Mar 22
Hndrrxxx:
he’s talking about the methods fool

Ever seen Bill Gates or Dangote come online to share money??

Idiot. What do you know, with that your crab like head?

How would you expect such opulent people to do giveaways without the news not getting to the public. And what are the methods of getting to the public, even when done privately? Even if they do not announce them, you have no ability to reason that the receivers themselves would publicize them? By what means would they be publicized?

Olodo.
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by thesicilian: 1:35pm On Mar 22
ispreloaded:
what about those doing online n offline have they die? God dat is already a universal owner..who have everything still Dy go giveaway to both rich people n poor who fit it.....
Who am I to compete with God? I will chose my battles bro grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Seyi Shay’s Birthday Party In Lagos / Chidinma Ekile Gorgeous In Native Wear / You Can’t Have Love In Nigeria Without Money - Nedu Wazobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.