Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader (8547 Views)

South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. / Frank Edoho Criticizes South East Politicians For Attacking Peter Obi / Onyeama Knocks South African Minister Who Described Nigerians As Drug Dealers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by adenigga(m): 11:37am On Mar 22
The family of the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has criticised political leaders in the South-East for failing to meet with President Bola Tinubu to secure the release of their son.

The IPOB leader has been in detention since June 29, 2021.

His recent bail application was declined by Justice Binta Nyako on Tuesday.

However, in a statement on Thursday on behalf of the family, Kanu’s younger brother, Emmanuel, questioned why Igbo political leaders had not met with Tinubu to address Kanu’s situation nearly a year since the president assumed office.

The statement partly read,“How be it that nobody among Igbo political leaders has reached Tinubu to discuss Nnamdi Kanu’s release almost a year after he came to power?

“Is it not deliberate? Have they not been gaining access to the President concerning other issues? It’s a shame that Kanu is being punished for asking for the freedom of Ndigbo, and the leaders have abandoned him to die in DSS custody.”

He alleged that some people were benefiting from his continued incarceration, hence the apparent apathy on the part of the political elite to engage the President in his release.

Emmanuel added, “Why can’t they go for his release if they truly love the South East? Something is wrong somewhere. They are benefiting from his continued detention, and that’s why they are not making any serious moves to engage Mr President. Don’t forget that some people sponsored his abduction and extraordinary rendition.

“Why should he be abandoned for asking for the freedom of Biafra? He didn’t take up arms against the government, but he was tagged a terrorist. Yet the same government is busy releasing terrorists from detention.”

Emmanuel threatened to expose the beneficiaries of Kanu’s continued incarceration and the insecurity in the Southeast region.

He said, “If they fail to act, Ndigbo and Biafrans at large must hold them responsible. And it may get to a point where the masses may no longer be held back.

“Nobody dies with any secret. Very soon, all those behind Kanu’s continued detention will be exposed. Those benefiting from the insecurity in the South-East are the ones enjoying his continued stay in detention. But nothing lasts forever. One day, they will be out of power.”

Emmanuel also expressed sadness over the refusal of Justice Nyako to grant him bail.

The family wondered if the trial Judge had taken time to go through the certified true copy of the Supreme Court judgment on the matter which held that the Federal High Court ought not to have revoked Kanu’s bail in the first place.
Source: https://punchng.com/Kanus-family-knocks-South-East-politicians-for-abandoning-IPOB-leader

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by CodeTemplar: 11:41am On Mar 22
Painful.

4 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by SoNature(m): 11:41am On Mar 22
If we are being honest, South East leaders owe Kanu nothing. In the spirit of brotherhood, I must appreciate those who have made efforts to secure his release and those who have visited him in prison.

That being said, Kanu ridiculed, insulted and threatened the South East leaders. Ike Ekweremadu was even beaten up during a New Yam festival in Germany 😁😁😁 You cannot insult me, the state picks you up, and you start feeling that I owe you your release. Mbanu, o dighi eme-eme!

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by yarimo(m): 11:42am On Mar 22
grin grin grin grin grin

27 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by paramakina202: 11:53am On Mar 22
Did he consult with Igbo leaders before embarking into his dangerous adventure?
Did he listen to them when they ask him to calm down? He was busy insulting his elders and setting them up for murder through his hate speeches and propaganda.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by Shadomaan7: 12:11pm On Mar 22
Wow, what a shame that the Igbo political leaders have not reached out to Tinubu to secure Kanus release, but I guess they have more important things to do like ignoring poverty, erosion lands, and terrorism in the Southeast.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by CannibalTorment: 12:15pm On Mar 22
Igbos has dumped Kanu nnamdi while running after Peter girigory Obi that was shameful defeated by eze-chukwu Tinubu

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by Edoreborn: 12:25pm On Mar 22
Pls house,,I need an urgent advice on what business to do with 2.5m
Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by RecentHistory: 12:26pm On Mar 22
They will kill Kanu and nothing will happen.

Kanu was almost crying in court last week. He knows he's finished. He's a desperate man as he now realises his supporters have left him and now queue behind 2 persons: Simon Ekpa and Peter Obi.

One thing I can assure you of is that kanu will die in prison. That one is sure. His extremist views will put Igbos outside Igboland in danger and so, top Igbos are looking for who will off kanu without them taking blame.
Then, when kanu dies, they will want to pacify Igbos, so an Igbo in APC will be the Presidential candidate.
The candidate will be someone who Igbos constantly insult but he's a performer. Most likely Umahi or Uzodimma.
That way, kanu will be as dead as a dog's carcass but you won't know whether to laugh or cry.

And don't tell me you don't want Presidency. We all saw how you were salivating over the prospect of that Peter Obi becoming President.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by cathodekazim: 12:27pm On Mar 22
Space booked
Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by RecentHistory: 12:27pm On Mar 22
After calling Igbo leaders efulefus, you want them to rescue your son. Your entire family no well.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by ozolity(m): 12:29pm On Mar 22
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Kanus-family-knocks-South-East-politicians-for-abandoning-IPOB-leader
When he was busy insulting his leaders, what did you say? He called them all sorts of names including "ohaneze oshi"... Now u want them to meet the president on his behalf...

17 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by RecentHistory: 12:30pm On Mar 22
They want Alex Otti to beg for Kanu. Ndi ala

10 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:32pm On Mar 22
Edoreborn:
Pls house,,I need an urgent advice on what business to do with 2.5m

Can we chat on whatsapp?

Letz address the 2.5m

1 Like

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by BondRiv: 12:32pm On Mar 22
He deserves what he is getting. When he was embarking on a campaign of terror against Nigeria, they were all mute. He is not coming out.

11 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by Edoreborn: 12:33pm On Mar 22
HellVictorinho6:

Can we chat on whatsapp?
why not?
Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:35pm On Mar 22
Edoreborn:
why not?

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by Paraman: 12:36pm On Mar 22
The governors don't want to associate themselves with a terrorist.

8 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by Timoleon(m): 12:38pm On Mar 22
SoNature:
If we are being honest, South East leaders owe Kanu nothing. In the spirit of brotherhood, I must appreciate those who have made efforts to secure his release and those who have visited him in prison.

That being said, Kanu ridiculed, insulted and threatened the South East leaders. Ike Ekweremadu was even beaten up during a New Yam festival in Germany 😁😁😁 You cannot insult me, the state picks you up, and you start feeling that I owe you your release. Mbanu, o dighi eme-eme!

E shock me self. Kanu never spared them. He insulted and dragged them through the myd

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by mcdokwe(m): 12:42pm On Mar 22
Na Dem send am?

1 Like

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by Topshow2010(m): 12:43pm On Mar 22
Very preposterous submission from his family,someone that fails to respect d elders of his land and even threatened them to silence b4 his incarceration is now d same people you asked for their supports.
Don't be surprised dt in their mind sef ,some of them don't wish him alive or his freedom cuz of d threats his warped followers has. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by omenka1: 12:46pm On Mar 22
Selfishness can't foster unity, I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by Osidazz19: 12:48pm On Mar 22
grin grin grin grin

The brainwashed delusional IPOB terrorist cannibal will be sentenced to death by hanging sooner or later and life will continue as we know it.
The loudmouth was making noise and threatening everyone with war and chaos, now the IPOB terrorist monkey is quiet and begging for mercy.

So the same leaders that he insulted and called all sorts of names should now put their necks on the line for him? What a delusional and irrational thought! This IPOB terrorist and his family are narcissistic and on crack.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by sirpharrell(m): 12:48pm On Mar 22
Nnamdi Kanu and his family are still living in the past. They have failed to realise that NK has lost his awe and political relevance and it is all due to his fault.

When he was released from the first detention in 2017, he was like a colossus and was literally worshipped by the Igbos who are naturally desirous and always eager for someone to hero worship. He should have seized that opportunity to quickly transform himself to the political leader of the South East.

At that point, politicians were falling over themselves to have a picture with Nnamdi Kanu. Any candidate or party he endorsed would have won elections easily. And that is what he should have done. His adopted political party would have swept the south east and maybe by now, he would have had all five south east governors under his control. Then, you can effectively fight for a referendum if that was his real objective.

But he allowed the hero worshipping to get into his head and he lost focus. Instead of strategising on how to make use of his cult following to gain political power, he started an underground warfare, flatantly abusing his bail conditions thinking that he was now untouchable. That is what landed him in this condition now.

I am sure he must be regretting his missed opportunity now. But it is too late to make amends, a lot of water has passed under the bridge. He is no longer firmly in control of his IPOB and the Inos have got a new hero now to worship in the person of Peter Obi. Nnamdi Kanu and his family should face the reality now. This is no longer 2017.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by bestman09(m): 12:50pm On Mar 22
Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by gidgiddy: 12:52pm On Mar 22
SoNature:

A true father never abandones his own son over insult or threat, only an untrue father will

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by gidgiddy: 12:53pm On Mar 22
RecentHistory:
They will kill Kanu and nothing will happen.

They kill him or not, it won't change the fact that what Kanu saud is right, that Nigeria is a hopeless case that should be done away with
Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by Antoeni(m): 12:54pm On Mar 22
Nobody Wants to be Identified With a Terrorist, Nnamdi Kanu is On His Own

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by Faposky95: 12:55pm On Mar 22
SoNature:

Don't bring international politics here where it is not respected and does not really work.
This is Nigeria, Africa and they say one who has a son has a father.
The Ibos must get it right when it comes to Nigerian zoo politics.
Time will tell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Family Knocks South-East Politicians For Abandoning IPOB Leader by ednut1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 22
When they were telling him to calm down he called their bluffs 🥱

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> / 44 Projects Approved For Niger Delta Region / EFCC Recovered N511.9bn In 2017, Magu Tells Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.