Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. (45148 Views)

Come Home To Invest, Soludo Begs Anambra Businessmen In Lagos / Frank Edoho Criticizes South East Politicians For Attacking Peter Obi / Igbo Businessmen Ask Northern Traders To Give Estimate Of Losses From IPOB Attac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by naptu2: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
Vice President Kashim Shettima, many past and present state governors and legislators and businessmen like Aliko Dangote gathered at the Lagos House Marina for a homecoming reception for President Bola Tinubu. The Nigerian Governors Forum also had a meeting before the reception.

Afterwards, South-East politicians like the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Benjamin Kalu, Chairman, South East Governor’s Forum, Governor Hope Uzodimma and the Governor of Enugu State, Peter Mbah attended a meeting with Igbo businessmen in Lagos.

Benjamin Kalu @OfficialBenKalu

After the grand reception, I, alongside the Chairman, South East Governor’s Forum, Gov. @Hope_Uzodimma1 and the Governor of Enugu State, Dr. @PNMbah proceeded to a meeting with the Igbo Business Community in Lagos.

The meeting provided a platform to discuss key challenges facing the Community and the possible solutions to address them.

https://twitter.com/OfficialBenKalu/status/1674763221104746497

More details below

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by taylor89(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
Any agenda other than go home is useless

Igbo politicians should contribute money and build a seaport in east it’s been concessioned by Buhari

Build seaport build markets and everyone should go home

I love my PH guys you can never see them invest this much in other region not even in Bayelsa

You fit dey Lagos 4 months you never see who from PH that’s how careful we are

I really dey vex for my Igbo brothers wey dey invest in Lagos Omo make we go home Abeg

347 Likes 43 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by naptu2: 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
Hope Uzodimma @Hope_Uzodimma1

While in Lagos yesterday for the Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) meeting and Mr President's homecoming ceremony, I was joined by the Governor of Enugu State, His Excellency Dr. Peter Mba @PNMbah and the Deputy Speaker Federal House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Benjamin Kalu @OfficialBenKalu for a meeting with Igbo business community in Lagos State.

I was emotionally moved as they expressed displeasure on some ill treatments, which have affected their businesses and residency in Lagos, as well as other regions and the security challenges in our own region.

As I encouraged them not to feel like second citizens in any part of our nation, I promised to meet with Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu @jidesanwoolu today, with some delegations amongst them, for a resolution of all expressed differences.

I hinted at the planned South East Security Summit, being Organised by the South East Governors' Forum to be hosted before the end of the year. This is one measure towards the restoration of full normalcy in our region in order to pave the way for the development we desire.

Therefore, I appealed for their support to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's @officialABAT administration as he has exhibited commitment to fulfilling his campaign promise - "Renewed Hope" and we, the South East Governors' Forum (SEGF) are in partnership with Mr President in the interest of our people.

- Hope Uzodimma

https://twitter.com/Hope_Uzodimma1/status/1674754492842008576

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by naptu2: 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
More pictures

3 Shares

Just as communicated earlier, I was joined by the Deputy Speaker Federal House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Benjamin Kalu as we led a delegation of Igbo business community in Lagos to H.E. Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

The meeting was quite productive as the Governor assured that no policy or program will ever be designed against the Igbos or any other tribe. I am delighted as he swiftly constituted a Technical Committee to resolve issues raised by our people.

On this note, I commended His Excellency, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for the audience and avowed commitment to guaranteeing continued safety for all Igbos and other ethnic nationalities in the State.

We have sustained peaceful coexistence in our region, South East, with other ethnic nationals and our cohabitation across the nation should be reciprocated with peaceful coexistence, this I am glad that the Governor reassured.

I therefore, encouraged our people in Lagos State to go about their normal lawful endeavours for Nigeria belongs to all of us and together, we shall continue to build it.

- Hope Uzodimma

https://twitter.com/Hope_Uzodimma1/status/1674843019525206016

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by Showmetheway222: 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
Where are the business men

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by kettykin: 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
Way to go, planning a whatsapp group for the brightest brains of the east.

Igbo land must develop by force or by fire

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by helinues: 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
Planning about the development of their own region outside the region.

Their meeting is a good development but it should have been in SE

225 Likes 10 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
This Ben Kalu guy dressing na FIRE.

Parliative umu asa.

20 Likes

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by helinues: 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2023
taylor89:

Why you posting late this Friday night

You no get babe?

Are babes your first priority in life?

undecided

221 Likes 8 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by 1Alex: 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
Ok
Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by naptu2: 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
More

Just as communicated earlier, I was joined by the Deputy Speaker Federal House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Benjamin Kalu as we led a delegation of Igbo business community in Lagos to H.E. Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

The meeting was quite productive as the Governor assured that no policy or program will ever be designed against the Igbos or any other tribe. I am delighted as he swiftly constituted a Technical Committee to resolve issues raised by our people.

On this note, I commended His Excellency, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for the audience and avowed commitment to guaranteeing continued safety for all Igbos and other ethnic nationalities in the State.

We have sustained peaceful coexistence in our region, South East, with other ethnic nationals and our cohabitation across the nation should be reciprocated with peaceful coexistence, this I am glad that the Governor reassured.

I therefore, encouraged our people in Lagos State to go about their normal lawful endeavours for Nigeria belongs to all of us and together, we shall continue to build it.

- Hope Uzodimma

https://twitter.com/Hope_Uzodimma1/status/1674843019525206016

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by Parachoco: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
Igbos are living peacefully in Lagos

Nah the IPOB/Obidunze Orchins wey dey wail about nothing

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by taylor89(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You really must think it's play. Smh

No ever quote me again

This one no be cruise na serious warning

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by yarimo(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
BentizilL:
The message is clear from the beginning...

Stay out of SW politics or go home, next time Omoluabi won't be kind...

Comrade

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by LegendHero(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
Hope they beg on behalf of that Eze Kirikiri man?

I heard Kwashikor wan kill the man for prison now.

God bless Hope Uzodinma, a true patriot.

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2023
Igbos should think home. Akụ ruo ulo

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by femisplash: 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
Look at Hope Uzodidma jumping up because SanwoOlu gave him an audience. Uzodima knows ipob are not worth the stress, in Imo, he knows how much they hate him and can't wait to get rid of him yet sticking out his neck for them in Lagos. Out of about 200 tribes resident in Lagos, only one tribe is running around begging sake of say their mouth too dey run, the proposed Lagos State Assembly bill really giving them sleepless nights. Obasa coughed, they're catching cold.

165 Likes 9 Shares

Re: South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. by jaksmillioniar: 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
Ibo should respect thier host to enjoy Lagos. Lagos is for evrybody but if some pplr claim it we will make dem regret

46 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UK Seeks Clarification About Nnamdi Kanu’s Status, Whereabouts From FG / Civilian-JTF Shoot 4 Female Suicide Bombers Dead In Borno(Graphic Photos) / Atiku Reacts To The Siege Laid On Saraki And Ekweremadu's Residences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.