Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? (33180 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Is University Education Overrated? / Is Unilag Any Better Than Covenant University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by solelymade: 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2012
Dis is absolute madness. students wey no pass utme and d putme of federal institutions and were given adms @ private uni. i know dem as dem plenty full ground 4 babcock(where i have a niece who couldn't score 150 in utme let alone putme)bowen, convenant,jabu,oduduwa(who get jamb to produce list of candidates who were not shortlisted afta failing putme in federal skols, i also ave a neighbour who had spent 6 yrs at home because she had failed series of utme & putme of fed skol b4 dem give her adms in orda to kolet her moni 4 deir own upkeep) just name d skol. a 3rd class in a fed skol is as good as a 1st class in dos private uni. were ni sori op

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2012
solelymade:

Dis is absolute madness. students wey no pass utme and d putme of federal institutions and were given adms @ private uni. i know dem as dem plenty full ground 4 babcock(where i have a niece who couldn't score 150 in utme let alone putme)bowen, convenant,jabu,oduduwa(who get jamb to produce list of candidates who were not shortlisted afta failing putme in federal skols, i also ave a neighbour who had spent 6 yrs at home because she had failed series of utme & putme of fed skol b4 dem give her adms in orda to kolet her moni 4 deir own upkeep) just name d skol. a 3rd class in a fed skol is as good as a 1st class in dos private uni. were ni sori op
I guess you are one of those Old cargo' that believe that Nitel Landlines are better of that the GSM era, And also 1 of those that believe that Proper Education is Haram, undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by rolandolowogoke: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2012
Ijogz K:

I guess you are one of those Old cargo' that believe that Nitel Landlines are better of that the GSM era, And also 1 of those that believe that Proper Education is Haram, undecided
in ur dreams nitel lines are beta dan gsm lines, black and white tv is beta dan colour plasma. u probably want to justify ur failure in pass d above exams by telling me ur nonsense skol is beta.

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Adaeze003(f): 11:55am On Feb 27, 2012
^^ lol!
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by santelcomm: 10:07am On Apr 03, 2012
public or private... doesnt really matter iv attended d both and they both have thier advantages.. they produce smart graduates depending on how the students seem to assimilate... the choice is yours to make.but i'll choose covenant cause of the discipline it imbibes on the students. not just anybody can go dere.ill respect a covenant graduate anyday.abeg it aint easy.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by santelcomm: 10:14am On Apr 03, 2012
[quote author=solelymade]Dis is absolute madness. students wey no pass utme and d putme of federal institutions and were given adms @ private uni. i know dem as dem plenty full ground 4 babcock(where i have a niece who couldn't score 150 in utme let alone putme)bowen, convenant,jabu,oduduwa(who get jamb to produce list of candidates who were not shortlisted afta failing putme in federal skols, i also ave a neighbour who had spent 6 yrs at home because she had failed series of utme & putme of fed skol b4 dem give her adms in orda to kolet her moni 4 deir own upkeep) just name d skol. a 3rd class in a fed skol is as good as a 1st class in dos private uni. were ni sori op

[/dat aint true... parents dat want d best 4 their kids take dem 2 private schools not public dose cant cant afford do with wat their money can handle... u know dey use runs 2 get into public schools n d grade dont matter.. so dont deceive urself.]..
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Yemissing: 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2012
Y fitin on dis post? Wu ar u 2discriminat d poor? Poverty dnt last 4eva n sam 2riches @POSTER. Talkin abt d mata on ground,d poor/d rich as ntin 2do wit d best btwn CU n UI,is nt al wu atend private universities dt dnt av WAEC rsult bt sum atend privat xo as 2protect demselves 4rm cultism n sum manas of corruptn wich ar common amng fed n stat universities.Further more,a student wu as bin deniel of admisn bcs he/she dnt av conectn in d skul wil av no option dan privat university.Nevadles,i dnt tink a privat uni shud b compare wit a federal uni.

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mayours(m): 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
well, its an insult comparing UI to Convenant..the answer to that question is obviously YES! #no sentiments

2 Likes

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by timiamoo(f): 7:47am On Sep 07, 2013
talking abt unis, student of cov uni re showing themselves.is dat even a uni or modernised secondary skul. d truth is a 3rd class studnt in d GREAT UI is far far beta dan a 1st class in cov. bring ur 1st clas studnt to ui to write exams and see au great he wud face. u tink 1st class na gift wey cos as it is, cov distribute 1st class lik a moimoi to studnts hu re nt even worth a third class.admission to all dos private unis only takes 3 credits. atleast i av a frnd who crossd frm poly ibadan to cov cos he cud nt cope. m so sure he z a first class student in covenant now.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by timiamoo(f): 8:08am On Sep 07, 2013
y dis, all cov uni student wud b tsunamised if de shud b in ui, de cant just meet up wit d standards. a 3rd class in ui is equal to a 1st class in cov.ui is d best nd premiere uni in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by fabby26(m): 8:59am On Sep 07, 2013
All these private uni, especially covenant, that they will tell you time to sleep, time to read, time to go their church(winners)whether is your church or not, time to wake, time to wee wee, time to come to class,what to wear, as if one is a puppet. I like fed or state uni, though mainly interrupted by strike action. But I will not like an institution whereby you can't decide for urself on what to do, whereby you're being compelled to do everything by order. University education should not only be based on certificate, but more on building an independent and self-reliant person. A graduate of Fed/State unis is all-rounded and well-equipped, strongly-built to face challenges in the harsh Nigerian labour market. That's the simple Truth. I don't mean to condemn any uni be it private, fed or state. All have its own pros and cons. Just my own opinion.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by onyinye03(f): 9:09am On Sep 07, 2013
Am not on either side here, but how does having a low number of students that graduate with 1st class a gOod thing? I think its a shame to a school that can't produce a good environment for students. It either shows that students aren't commited or that the lecturers Were sadistic.. #jusTsaying
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 1:43am On Jun 02, 2017
mustspin:
things you guyz should understand about these schools,
1. they are privately owned schools with future uncertainty due to the nature of privately owned businesses
2. some prestigious institutions dont accepts degrees from these institution for post graduate programmes
3. future economic policies can threaten the existence of such universities just like any other business

with the alarming rate of increase in the number of these private universities, i just hope the kinda reform that swept away lots of banks some years back will not swallow some of them soon,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol well let me tell you that graduates of private universities are moving up the chain of "command" in politics, business, industry e.t.c and we would make such antagonistic policy impossible.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mercytripletz: 2:19am On Jun 03, 2017
FAST FORWARD 2017.
IS COVENANT UNIVERSITY STILL INFERIOR?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by TheVictorious(m): 5:44am On Jun 03, 2017
Statsocial:

lol well let me tell you that graduates of private universities are moving up the chain of "command" in politics, business, industry e.t.c and we would make such antagonistic policy impossible.

Men just see how time reveal things!

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Bluebrain101: 5:58am On Jun 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Men just see how time reveal things!

covenant university is just 15 years and already its climbing to be among the WORLD'S top universities. What UI hasn't done for up to 30 years 7
CU just did it this year

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by AYFikayomi: 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2018
Bluebrain101:

covenant university is just 15 years and already its climbing to be among the WORLD'S top universities. What UI hasn't done for up to 30 years 7
CU just did it this year

UI is still better

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Jabarzee(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
Covenant university is more better than U.i I agree with the poster.. u.i is just living on Old Glory
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by fishguide(m): 7:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
A thread dedicated to only student in the penultimate and final year of all educational institution in Nigeria. Research at this stage is a protocol that can never be an option in our great nation.

so what happens when you are face with a research work that seems like an unsurmountable problem? it's either you face it or walk away. the latter is never an option that is the reason i am creating this thread to be of assistant to you with your research work.

feel confident and tell me if you need a profession touch on your research/ project work. (08168261081)

I hope to hear from you soon

Best wishes
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Digitalwitch: 12:53am On Sep 08, 2018
Covenant is the best take or leave it
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Bluebrain101: 9:13am On Sep 09, 2018
AYFikayomi:

UI is still better

please tell me how
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by TheVictorious(m): 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
AYFikayomi:

UI is still better

This argument about to be laid to rest forever!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Statistics for WAEC 2014 / Ishaq Oloyede Resumes As JAMB Registrar; See How He Was Received (photos) / Daniel Nkemelu Has 7.0 CGPA As Unibadan's Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.