Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? (33181 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Is University Education Overrated? / Is Unilag Any Better Than Covenant University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2011
brainpulse:

I have a brother lecturer from Unilag on Sabbatical at Covenant. so what its the difference. oh the building, OK take the pictures of the buildings scan it on your certificate and come and meet on the day of your interview.
Sorry we don't send our certificates to Yam sellers, Am sure are you thinking that this so Covenant is  secondary school, ehhyahh Ekiti states is so far from Lagos and Ogun environs, How is Ekiti State Bruv Yam don dey scarce for Lagos ohhhh?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
brainpulse:

And your own hall of residence is fit for prostitudes
lol come on now. you can do better than that. i see your feelings is hurt. am just being real. my brother went to UI. i visited him on a few occasions. the rooms look like concentration camps. ancient archaic beds with dirty walls and thats it. folks cooking beans in the rooms etc etc. the place just is not fit for humans. lets not even talk about the toilets and washrooms
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by sebastinta(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
the number of 1st class graduates doesnt matter, UI  is always the best in Nigeria nd shouldnt b compared wiv any private uni,
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by brainpulse: 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

Sorry we don't send our certificates to Yam sellers, Am sure are you thinking that this so Covenant is  secondary school, ehhyahh Ekiti states is so far from Lagos and Ogun environs, How is Ekiti State Bruv Yam don dey scarce for Lagos ohhhh?
You will soon beg to do your IT with a yam seller, when your shoe fails to coperate when scattering the whole of Lagos for Jobs, maybe na your "papa" create jobs.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by brainpulse: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

lol come on now. you can do better than that. i see your feelings is hurt. am just being real. my brother went to UI. i visited him on a few occasions. the rooms look like concentration camps. ancient archaic beds with dirty walls and thats it. folks cooking beans in the rooms etc etc. the place just is not fit for humans. lets not even talk about the toilets and washrooms
So what are the contributions of your graduates to the society? Mention 3 with evidences.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
brainpulse:

You will soon beg to do your IT with a yam seller, when your shoe fails to coperate when scattering the whole of Lagos for Jobs, maybe na your "papa" create jobs.
Hahahahaha Mr man am typing all these from my place of work, Come over to VI, let me buy you a drink, Ohhhh i forgot that you myt have to pack your Ghana must go bag and spend 4hrs on the road.  grin, ermmmm send your account number. Maybe i myt finance your dinner   wink
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2011
brainpulse:

So what are the contributions of your graduates to the society? Mention 3 with evidences.
Google is your friend my Brother, Study the Market Capitalization of the capital market. each time a new set of graduates is released, the ASI(All share Index) Also does. That is to show that before working, we are already adding value. The future of Nigeria lies in the hands of these people. The faster you get connected, the better it is for you.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
brainpulse:

you dont measure the strength of a university by what the graduates did post-university. you measure the strength of a university by the experience you had in it. the structure, the facilities, the connections you made while there, the comfort of habitation when there. whatever you do when you graduate is absolutely irrelevant. thats like me saying i bought a bike from walmart  and then i bought another bike from target. the bike i bought at walmart i rode for 15 miles but i havent ridden the one from target so therefore the one from walmart is better. university is a place to develop your mind. what you do afterwards is up tp you. if people from UI suceed a lot out of university, thats because they suffered so much in the university environment (because of the state of the place) that this got them more determined to succeed. nothing to do with the university education. its like someone born into wealth and someone born into poverty. the person born into poverty will have more drive.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by brainpulse: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

Hahahahaha Mr man am typing all these from my place of work, Come over to VI, let me buy you a drink, Ohhhh i forgot that you myt have to pack your Ghana must go bag and spend 4hrs on the road.  grin, ermmmm send your account number. Maybe i myt finance your dinner   wink

LOL School boy, and i am typing from my Yamberry. I will feed you for a life time with my farm produce.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

you dont measure the strength of a university by what the graduates did post-university. you measure the strength of a university by the experience you had in it. the structure, the facilities, the connections you made while there, the comfort of habitation when there. whatever you do when you graduate is absolutely irrelevant. thats like me saying i bought a bike from walmart  and then i bought another bike from target. the bike i bought at walmart i rode for 15 miles but i havent ridden the one from target so therefore the one from walmart is better. university is a place to develop your mind. what you do afterwards is up tp you. if people from UI suceed a lot out of university, thats because they suffered so much in the university environment (because of the state of the place) that this got them more determined to succeed. nothing to do with the university education. its like someone born into wealth and someone born into poverty. the person born into poverty will have more drive.
You av a lil more sense than me  grin
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

You av a lil more sense than me  grin
grin we are all endowed with wisdom my brother.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2011
@Ijogz k

froM what I can see it appears you have been waiting for a moment like this to lash out on all covenant haters? Hahahaha. Well I attended a federal university. Guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by wizsultan: 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2011
Federal Uni/ State Uni students can go to blazes if they like,
Yeah! It is true these private universities are new and less than 20years,
but time has proven that private uni graduates are better,
In an organization with mixed graduates from both private and public,
private uni graduates are easily identified, they are smarter, more intelligent, most importantly they are not as money
conscious as their public grad. colleagues.
From experience, public uni. graduates are dull, having the usual mentality of an hustler, with an archaic mentality.
A mentality that u need to expel blood for minimal success. At times you wonder if both are in the same world
Federal university students just brood on past glory.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by luvola(m): 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
+to god who made me lagos state university will never produce such a huge nos of 1st class students.all these crap federal universities are only living on past glory
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by brainpulse: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

Google is your friend my Brother, Study the Market Capitalization of the capital market. each time a new set of graduates is released, the ASI(All share Index) Also does. That is to show that before working, we are already adding value. The future of Nigeria lies in the hands of these people. The faster you get connected, the better it is for you.
Boy grow up that is on paper, the reality is on the field that is what can never be thought in you college. SO wait wait the all share index is determined by the numbers of convenant university graduates looking for jobs. haha lol ooooo. you'r thought nought in papa's university
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by kolexy(m): 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2011
Silly talk from an Odechukwu. Comparing Covenant to UI is like comparing Obama to Jonathan.

Kerosene background! Is it not honourable to come from a kerosene background, and still create success than being an overpampered, and myopic son of a swindler. Eda!
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by tpia5: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2011
i guess some people never heard of ivy league universities?

only nigerians would make these kinds of vacuous comparisons.

must you compare?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2011
brainpulse:

Boy grow up that is on paper, the reality is on the field that is what can never be thought in you college. SO wait wait the all share index is determined by the numbers of convenant university graduates looking for jobs. haha lol ooooo. you'r thought nought in papa's university
I can see that you are not so smart, That was Y i emphasized that without doing anyfin, the market recognizes their presence, I was just been sarcastic, smh
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by tpia5: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2011

must you compare?

just do your thing and keep it moving without grousing.

do you see british people comparing oxford with newer universities or do you see americans comparing harvard with a recent college.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by oddy4real(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ Brainpulse, you are wrong about the state of UI hostels. Fact is UI hostels are probably one of the best in Nigeria and see, no point comparing sleep and death. UI to covenant? PLEASE, spare me. Many of you who attended those private varsities would never have gotten admission to ui where it is a survivor of the fittest.
Furthermore, UI graduates are proven in their chosen fileds. Take ther Law School for example, UI has been producing nothing less than half the first class graduates from the law skul.
Res ipsa loquitor
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by brainpulse: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2011
kolexy:

Silly talk from an Odechukwu. Comparing Covenant to UI is like comparing Obama to Jonathan.

Kerosene background! Is it not honourable to come from a kerosene background, and still create success than being an overpampered, and myopic son of a swindler. Eda!

Thanks bro, dont mind those kids, they said they want to investigate why the middle leg in btw their fathers long leg didnt grow, who will not know the outcome. Must of all their parents will get to work and start complainiing how they were going hungry to pay school fees at convenant college. some of there parents will enter molue to pay huge amount of money @ convenant and the silly kids will be abusing their father's origin.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
tpia@:

must you compare?

just do your thing and keep it moving without grousing.

do you see british people comparing oxford with newer universities or do you see Americans comparing Harvard with a recent college.
That is why this is a Forum dude, We can decide tomorrow to compare Harvard University with Covenant, But let's still give Covenant University 15yrs before we do that sha  grin, They self no go wan wound  cheesy
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by brainpulse: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ oddy4real

read my comments very well, i stand for UI because, i was thought how to become a better citizen of Nigeria and the world, and value was added to me by my lecturers so i stand by UI.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by oddy4real(m): 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
Covenant University to UI? Insult!!!
A woman a faculty in UI as a Lecturer 1 and became a Reader at Covenant University. High standard I guess?
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by mustspin: 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2011
buzugee:

ahhh but you are myopic. university degree does not get you jobs. your personality does coupled with your drive and determination. in a school like convenant i cannot even begin to imagine the kind of connections you will make there.
so pls tell me, wot get you jobs? u didnt answer my 2 questions
1. are u of more knowlege than those that does university ranking
2. wot did u graduate with
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
oddy4real:

Covenant University to UI? Insult!!!
A woman a faculty in UI as a Lecturer 1 and became a Reader at Covenant University. High standard I guess?
ermmm did you finish from UI or LASU, Can't grab/kapish ur grammar. undecided
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2011
Smh,
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2011
mustspin:

Ermmm yes your University degree doesn't get/guaranty you whit a Job. And dere are crazy opportunities for connection right there in Covenant. Well common why would you not be connected when you have fleece of Governors kids, Ministers, Senators, Top business moguls etc. You must be cursed if you finish without getting a Job within your 1st year post NYSC
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2011
mustspin:

see this is the kind of thinking prevalent amongst you people who went to federal universitys. of what relevance is what i graduated with to the issue at hand ? see people like you go to university not because of substance but because to nurse your ego. your ego is calibrated to perceive UI one of the uber universities in nigeria and this is your sole reason for going there. bragging rights. what you people fail to realize is that nigeria is not a progressive society. in progressive societies with a maintenance culture, the older a university is, the more prestigious it gets. in a retrogressive society like nigeria with no maintenance culture, the older a university gets, the more crappy it gets. if you can get this ideology into your heads then you will start appreciating newer things in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by otokx(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
Just no comparison - University of Ibadan by far.
Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
what gets you jobs ?
1, looks (lol i know it sucks but it does)
2, appearance
3, composure
4, oratory skills
5, hygiene
6, confidence in your ability

1 Like

Re: Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? by buzugee(m): 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
and lastly, those who do university rankings are humans and as such are limited by biases. i wouldnt put any gravity into university rankings. they are just a d-i-c-k measuring contest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Statistics for WAEC 2014 / Ishaq Oloyede Resumes As JAMB Registrar; See How He Was Received (photos) / Daniel Nkemelu Has 7.0 CGPA As Unibadan's Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.