Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds (13542 Views)

Jumia Shuts Down Operations In Cameroon / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:14am On Mar 24
DevilsEqual:

Carry me along bro
Any website to learn crypto A-Z?
I wan leave Forex after many years and yea, I use Bollinger Bands and RSI to trade and he dey bam pass some TA nonsense

Abeg bless me wey just wan start.
Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by darediamond(m): 9:20am On Mar 24
Akposb:

Check Shiba Inu
No, He should buy Floki Inu or Floki, STX and SEI.

Why Buy Floki and Not Shiba?

Making money in Crypto Is a Number and Proper Timing Game. Aside that, YOU WANNA BE BUYING COINS THAT follows BTC price movement bumper to bumper!!

Now as to time, this is the RIGTH time to buy Cryptos because of the incoming BTC Halvingwhich will pave way for the expected Massive Bull RUN.

As to Number, you must at least buy in Millions if not Billions or Trillions Units of a coin as long as you can't afford a full Unit of Bitcoin itself or Ethereum or BNB.

Buy a coin that when Bitcoin Sneezes, it catch cold withouth let up!!

One of Such coin is Ethereum. But a full unit or 1 Ethereum is now over 3000 U$DT. If you can't afford that, go for cheaper coins that still Mirrors BTC price movement or follows BTC VOLATILY or Have it Chart under 15mins and above, have the same candle sticks formation.

Coins that follows BTC would Fall in price against USDT when BTC fall in Price by say 2%.

Of the 3 main (Pepe, Shiba and Floki) coins that I bought in December, 2023, Floki Inu outperforms them all by over 600%. Immagine spending 37U$DT to buy a coin and after just 3months, because of BTC Volatility, it appreciates to 322U$DT!!

So there you have it.
Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by darediamond(m): 9:24am On Mar 24
DevilsEqual:

Carry me along bro
I wan leave Forex after many years and yea, I use Bollinger Bands and RSI to trade and he dey bam pass some TA nonsense

Good one!!

You can reach me on WhatsApp: zero Seven Zero 60578569. I have other free revelations for you. I will as well like us to share Ideas.
Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by edenex: 11:43am On Mar 24
DevilsEqual:

This thing hit me as I don dey this FX since
Sir, as per Crypto thingy, are u referring to Future and Spots trading abi na that buying of coin to keep

This your sole statement wan force me to port to crypto

Spot trading. Pre sales of high value projects etc
Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by emperor4love(m): 12:20pm On Mar 24
DevilsEqual:

Carry me along bro

bro comot body for forex,my blood way de do wit number of years of experience yet he no de see shishi person way get more than 10years in it but no shimgba, carry ur money put fr crypto,na only online stuff way pay me,if it comes to legit,strt from binance is easy there,just buy coin like bnb or etherium but if u trade wit bnb I assure u weekly of 40dolls,not exergerating na wetin I de do the support,if street no pay for weeks

1 Like

Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by elonize(m): 7:19pm On Mar 24
emperor4love:

Coindesk.com
Cointelegraph.com
Cryptopotato.com
Coinmarketcap
Benzinga
ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by PropertyBuying(f): 10:25pm On Mar 24
It should be restored within few minutrw according to the SLA
Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by Cromagnon: 3:05pm On Mar 25
Namaster:
All crypto companies have a DARKER side to them. I'm starting to think it comes with the territory.

Few of them can stand up to a close scrutiny. The moment standardized regulations are implemented for the crypto market, a lot of them would crumble.

Lots of them are run by criminals or cater to criminals. First, it was FTX who embezzled people's money. Then Binance was fined OVER $4B for money laundering. Now rather than comply with simple government policies, OKX chose to withdraw from India.

If you make money and your processes are above board, why would you RUN from government scrutiny?
can anything withstand hobby scrutiny
It's give o
Gift that banned alcohol and Marijuana but now legalize them once they get their cut

That is extortion not scrutiny but no worries Govt day of reckoning is coming
Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by Konquest: 11:37pm On Apr 01
EcoBrick:

Major Crypto Exchange OKX shuts down in India, advices users to withdraw all funds

Major Cryptocurrency exchange OKX has announced that it is shutting down its services in India due to local regulations.

The Crypto exchange advised its users to withdraw all funds on the platform by the end of April.

According to Bitcoin News, the exchange sent out a notice to its users on Thursday announcing their plans to quit operations in the country.

“We regret to inform you that OKX is no longer providing services to users in India, “The note said.

“Due to local regulations, you need to withdraw all funds from your account.”

“In addition, users must also “close all margin positions, as well as positions in perpetuals, futures, and options” and “redeem all funds from Grow products: Earn, Loan, Jumpstart.” These steps must be completed by April 30 at noon UTC, Accounts will be restricted to withdrawals after this date.” OKX advised.

OKX announcement came after Apple and Google removed several crypto apps from their stores.

India’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) recently flagged these crypto exchanges as operating illegally in the country.

In December last year, the Indian FIU issued “compliance Show Cause Notices” to nine offshore crypto service providers.

The Indian Ministry of Finance shared at the time that 31 crypto service providers had registered with the FIU.

OKX crypto exchange was not one of the crypto exchanges that registered with the FIU.

What to Know

In India, Cryptocurrencies are not regulated. The finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman explained that crypto assets cannot be currencies which is why they are yet to be regulated in India.

At the G20 meeting that India hosted last year, the country made a case for a global framework for regulating cryptocurrencies citing the various challenges that will emerge if only one or two countries regulate it.

OKX has over 50 million global users with India being one of its main markets.

https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/22/major-crypto-exchange-okx-shuts-down-in-india-advices-users-to-withdraw-all-funds/
Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by Konquest: 11:41pm On Apr 01
Namaster:
All crypto companies have a DARKER side to them. I'm starting to think it comes with the territory.

Few of them can stand up to a close scrutiny. The moment standardized regulations are implemented for the crypto market, a lot of them would crumble.

Lots of them are run by criminals or cater to criminals. First, it was FTX who embezzled people's money. Then Binance was fined OVER $4B for money laundering. Now rather than comply with simple government policies, OKX chose to withdraw from India.

If you make money and your processes are above board, why would you RUN from government scrutiny?
Saved.
Re: Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds by Konquest: 11:46pm On Apr 01
Elliotwaveforec:
Nigerians flocking to okx and bybit, watch your back!

If you want to speculate on the global financial markets, go learn technical analysis and join regulated brokers; do away with crypto exchanges. You can even speculate on cryptos through brokers, along with Gold, Silver, palladium, indices, and currencies.

I know because of mental laziness, you wouldn't learn technical analysis but opt for less stressful spot trading - buy and relax like a retiree.

Come on, use your young brain and study charts to predict the direction of the markets and make money for yourself.

They don't want the hard work of studying charts but prefer the executive (lazy) style of trading.
Au, Ag

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets / NNPC Pays N85bn Into Federation Account / Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.