Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman (11784 Views)

EFCC To Rehabilitate Yahoo-yahoo Boys / EFCC To Arraign NFF Director For Diverting N3.4bn FIFA Fund (Photo) / White Woman Call On EFCC To Leave Yahoo Boys Alone (watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Basicend: 8:12am On Mar 23
J
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by oluwaseyi0: 8:13am On Mar 23
It can't work

You can even barely offer the a slightly decent work

Besides most of this yahoo boys eyes have tear, most have seen big money, they wouldn't want to do average/normal job with normal wages
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by tefishy(m): 8:14am On Mar 23
Shey make dem hang them nii

DenreleDave:
So they can come out and start scamming again àbi
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by NOwazobia: 8:14am On Mar 23
Na to go find one crime do now make government rehabilitate me oooo...

It seems every criminal is now rehabilitated in this corntree
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Yankee101: 8:15am On Mar 23
Much better
Teach them to code build websites, apps and robotics
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Lukuluku69(m): 8:15am On Mar 23
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by NewDea4: 8:16am On Mar 23
NaijaCoverBlog:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/efcc-to-rehabilitate-convicted-yahoo-boys-chairman/

Like we don't know it's the kleptomaniac EFCC agents that need to be rehabilitated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Alvin212(m): 8:17am On Mar 23
30 trillion will be budgeted

E-BOLA Tinubu Amoda is a Criminal
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by moneyissweet(m): 8:17am On Mar 23
Rehabilitate someone that has been cashing out in thousands of dollars ,driving expensive cars, sleeping with the most beautiful ladies with big yansh and living a luxury lifestyle.

Una dey mad

The best rehabilitation is to collect your own and leave them to go out and continue their hustle in peace
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by jetguy(m): 8:20am On Mar 23
Wetin GAZA no go see for ISRAEL hand...
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by frankson1(m): 8:20am On Mar 23
When "yahoo boys" are arrested, haters and people perpetually living with chest pains will, in crying voice, tell how "saner climes" and "working environment" would have used their skills by employing these "yahoo boys".

Now that the EFCC have plans of using these "yahoo boys" the same way their "saner climes" and "working environment" 'would have used them', we're seeing another version of tears and wailing.

The question is, WHAT DO WE REALLY WANT??
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Cheryph200(m): 8:21am On Mar 23
It’s simple they should use the assets seized from yahoo boiz to rehabilitate them .we don’t want to hear we spent 3.5billion dollar to rehabilitate anyone ooo
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Griffon(m): 8:31am On Mar 23
insidelife22:
Since they rehabilitate mass killers and sucide bombers,i see no reason why fraudsters shouldn't be.

A mass killer and a suicide bomber both possesses traits of psychopath, for the most part, they don’t have a clue about their motives.

That’s unlike a fraudster, whose ploy is simply to rip off unsuspecting victims of their money, just to survive. That’s a motive. It doesn’t need rehabilitation, what needs rehabilitation is the system which is sending these boys to cybercrimes.

You don’t create a problem, leaves it unresolved and goes after the damning consequences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Bfly: 8:34am On Mar 23
What does the constitution say?
Mayb they should start rehabilitating every criminal in Nigeria because they don’t know where they might find themselves, Rapist, murderer, armed robbers and all
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by wolebest: 8:46am On Mar 23
NaijaCoverBlog:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/efcc-to-rehabilitate-convicted-yahoo-boys-chairman/

Yahooboys don't need for rehab..........give national assignments to help solve internet crimes.
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Calitoscassius(m): 8:52am On Mar 23
richiemcgold:
The only permanent solution is to fix the rots in our educational systems.
Don't mind the dem!
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Calitoscassius(m): 8:53am On Mar 23
They should begin with Tifnubu and all Naigeerian politicians, they are all corrupt, they are worst than yahoo people.
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Judolisco(m): 8:55am On Mar 23
Thundafireseun:
grinThis one is just looking for a way to cash out…. Lol

Abdul Ningi said the budget was padded with 3trillion yet EFCC is mute
did ningi drop any evidence when asked to defend himself?
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by wifeesnatcher(m): 9:11am On Mar 23
Strongdickfresh:
This is a welcome development. However, there will be lack of transparency in the policy. Some will be nailed while others will be rehabilitated according to your religion or geopolitical zone.

If you are from South West, you will benefit massively from this proposal,
If you are from the North, you're in a good book of APC, you will be rehabilitated.
If you are from South East, run ooo
If you are from South South run ooo

This is a trap for South East and South South, they will not benefit from this Wicked Tinubu regime. This policy will only benefit those from South West and North due to Nepotism of this wicked and cruel regime of Tinubu...

If it is your wishes that your region won't benefit from this govt so shall it be as you wishes in your heart

Because of hate you're now wishing yourself bad

I don't think all your brain components are working when you wrote this imbecilic devilish wishes to yourself
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by vicfajeze: 9:19am On Mar 23
NaijaCoverBlog:
What Do You Really Think About EFFC Plan?
so far bandits from the north are rehabillated why not YAHOO YAHOO?Good work frm EFCC
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by EmmyMaestro(m): 9:20am On Mar 23
Repented Boko Haram was deradicalization
This one is deyahoonization

Me too i will go and do Yahoo, so that if they arrest me, they will spend government money to rehabilitate me and be paying me stipends later
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by crixlight2(m): 9:26am On Mar 23
Strongdickfresh:
This is a welcome development. However, there will be lack of transparency in the policy. Some will be nailed while others will be rehabilitated according to your religion or geopolitical zone.

If you are from South West, you will benefit massively from this proposal,
If you are from the North, you're in a good book of APC, you will be rehabilitated.
If you are from South East, run ooo
If you are from South South run ooo

This is a trap for South East and South South, they will not benefit from this Wicked Tinubu regime. This policy will only benefit those from South West and North due to Nepotism of this wicked and cruel regime of Tinubu...
Why not just say South East , must you drag south south into your folly all the time , we all see the way you supported South South during Senate president election
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by toujurs: 9:26am On Mar 23
There is nothing to rehabilitate, they should remain in jail
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by CrossRhodes: 9:33am On Mar 23
NaijaCoverBlog:
What Do You Really Think About EFFC Plan?
If bokoharam can't be rehabilitated, release and even enrolled in the army, why not?

Let's burn everything down..
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by CrossRhodes: 9:33am On Mar 23
toujurs:
Why bokoharam be enrolled into army?

Are you ok?
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by delpee(f): 9:38am On Mar 23
toujurs:

I think the plan is to rehabilitate them in jail by reorientation towards the positive use of their computer skills to earn legitimately. Skill acquisition and formal education is available in our correctional facilities.
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Shomek(m): 9:42am On Mar 23
Nice work from efcc
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by panpan(m): 9:44am On Mar 23
The Supreme Court has held that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) does not have the powers to prosecute offenses that are not corruption cases and that the only corruption cases it can investigate are cases involving the movement of cash from Nigeria to foreign countries and corruption cases involving federal finances, being a creation of federal law.

EFCC should leave "yahoo boys" alone, for the alleged activities of "yahoo boys" are not within EFCC's powers to investigate and prosecute.

EFCC should focus on allegations about "illicit financial outflow from Nigeria", or "corruption cases involving federal finances".

As some have said on this thread, perhaps EFCC just wants to use this rehabilitation issue as an excuse to cash out or pad their budget.
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by 79733139(m): 9:52am On Mar 23
Those Yahoo boys would likely go backing to scamming. After making easy money in dollar$, it would be difficult for them to adjust to making regular money via hard work.
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by Savedday2: 10:13am On Mar 23
Yahoo boys are serious nuisance to the society. They should be killed immediately after conviction.
Re: EFCC To Rehabilitate Convicted ‘Yahoo Boys’ – Chairman by faboye2: 10:29am On Mar 23
In discussing rehabilitation, it's crucial to recognize the nuances of human behavior and addiction. While some individuals genuinely seek help and strive to overcome their struggles, others may not be as receptive to rehabilitation efforts.

It's evident that those who willingly acknowledge their addiction and actively seek assistance are more likely to benefit from rehabilitation programs. These individuals demonstrate a readiness to change and are open to the support offered.

However, when it comes to certain groups like 'yahoo boys', the effectiveness of rehabilitation appears questionable. I can attest to this from my own experience. When I battled depression during my time at LASU, I sought help and was taken to a rehabilitation center by my brother after a suicide attempt.

During my time there, I encountered individuals involved in illicit activities like online fraud and substance abuse. Despite spending months or even years in rehabilitation, many continued their harmful behaviors. They found ways to circumvent the system, whether it was sneaking in phones to engage in fraudulent activities or indulging in drugs within the confines of the center.

It became evident that genuine change cannot be forced upon those who are unwilling to embrace it. While some may verbally express a desire to change, their actions often betray their true intentions. It's not a matter of lacking willpower, but rather a fundamental resistance to change that must be addressed.

Rehabilitation efforts must be tailored to the individual, taking into account their readiness to change and providing support accordingly. For those who are truly committed to transformation, rehabilitation can be a lifeline. However, for others entrenched in their ways, alternative approaches may be necessary.

In conclusion, it's essential to acknowledge the complexities of addiction and recognize that genuine change cannot be imposed from external sources. Instead, it requires a sincere desire and effort from the individual themselves. Only then can meaningful rehabilitation take place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Police Headquarters In Abia, Kill One / Bandits Kidnap 280 School Children In Kaduna, Kill One / Chevron Scam Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.