Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,972 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. (3785 Views)

Buhari Orders Re-negotiation Of Mtn’s N780bn Fine / Breaking: Tribunal Orders Re-run In Akwa Ibom Gov. Election / Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by jaytime(m): 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2011
Supreme Court orders re-trial in Benue, Akwa Ibom

The Supreme Court on Monday ordered the re-trial of the election petitions of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) candidates in Benue and Akwa Ibom States.
The cases involved Steve Ugbah and John Akpanudedehe respectively.
Ugba is contesting the victory of Governor Gabriel Suswam in the April 26 elections while Akpanudedehe is challenging that of Godswill Akpabio in Akwa Ibom.
The petitions alleged that the elections in the two states were fraught with irregularities.
In a unanimous verdict read by the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Dahiru Musdapher, on behalf of the five-member panel, the apex Court upturned the decisions of the Court of Appeal which dismissed the petitions on technical ground.
The Supreme Court held that the petitions could not have been dismissed on mere technicalities, pointing out that pre-hearing notice can be done orally.
Ordering that the petitions should be heard on its merit, Justice Musdapher said “the justice of the matter is that the appeals be remitted back for hearing on their merits. “
“I don’t know why judges should go on with the basis of pre-hearing conference alone to dismiss a petition without hearing it on its merit. Matters must be decided on their merits.
“It is too early for me to start losing my head, what is the difference between a letter or ex-parte motion. Everybody is watching us I am begging you in the name of justice. Matters should be decided on their merits and not technicalities,” he added.

www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/26272-supreme-court-orders-re-trial-in-benue-akwa-ibom.html
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by jaytime(m): 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2011
Akwa Ibom Governor said there is nothing to fear. I don't doubt him anyways.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by edoyad(m): 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2011
jaytime:

Akwa Ibom Governor said there is nothing to fear. I don't doubt him anyways.

any reason why ?
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by Konnektions146(m): 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2011
am i laughin?
Akwa Ibom state , na wa oooo
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by Joey82(m): 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2011
I dont think Akwa Ibom has a problem, their governor is performing, they cant ask for any thing better, as for Benue, serious change is needed, I just pray power change hands in that state.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by Pukkah: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2011
How many times have these tribunals been told not to dismiss cases based on mere technicalities? Is there no sanction for erring judicial officers?
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by Andrew3(m): 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2011
Benue is ma state, Political thuggery in Benue is something else. You write a paper about the governor and you are history. Even a song against the governtment results in the elimination, anilhilation and assasination. angry angry angry
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by nex(m): 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2011
I believe it was during this elections that there were burning of cars, and arresting of the opposition candidate. Obviously, no fair election took place there.

There should be new elections in Akwa Ibom.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by marcus1234: 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2011
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by ektbear: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2011
Interesting.

Perhaps the ACN will be able to win two more states. . .
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by uche13: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2011
Court of Appeal and their hold on technicalities eh angry pscheww smh
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by jimmy74(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2011
That supreme court order has made my day. The state tribunals should better sit up to do their work properly rather than dismissing a petition against a rigging exercise where millions of electorates were denied their choice candidates. This order has again given hope to a common man. In Benue state particularly, there were series of allegations against the incumbent government to pocket the tribunal.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by Francis5: 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

Interesting.

Perhaps the ACN will be able to win two more states. . .

What difference will it make for you bigots if they win? Those are not Yoruba states and they will hold no allegiance to Tinubu. It is a matter of riding in an ACN vehicle to get to their destinations. Thy will most likely revert to PDP anyways.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by kokoA(m): 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2011
This new chief justice seems to be an upright man. Still watching him sha.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by ektbear: 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2011
kokoA:

Still watching him sha.

That is all I can say so far.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2011
if they like let them conduct elections in akwa ibom 100x, akpabio will win 100x.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by lagcity(m): 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2011
Francis-1:

What difference will it make for you bigots if they win? Those are not Yoruba states and they will hold no allegiance to Tinubu. It is a matter of riding in an ACN vehicle to get to their destinations. Thy will most likely revert to PDP anyways.

see this bas.terd. what does Yoruba have to do with this? Yoruba masquerade dey chase u in your sleep?
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by Francis5: 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2011
lagcity:

see this bas.terd. what does Yoruba have to do with this? Yoruba masquerade dey chase u in your sleep?

Nne gi bas.terd. Isn't ACN a Yoruba party again? Onye oshi
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by komekn(m): 1:31am On Nov 17, 2011
Its not enough to be honest you must be seen to be honest, the whole judicial process is very suspect.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by otokx(m): 2:54am On Nov 17, 2011
careytommy:

if they like let them conduct elections in akwa ibom 100x, akpabio will win 100x.
don't be too sure
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by pendusky(m): 6:19am On Nov 17, 2011
am watching!
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by ortopazz(m): 7:04am On Nov 17, 2011
All is nt well in Akwa ibom, the masses are signing undertakings with starvation while the priveledged sing his worthles tunes on radios, t.vz and paperz.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by ortopazz(m): 7:12am On Nov 17, 2011
He has refusd to make for mbo l.g.a the seaport he had promisd them during election rather he preferred to put 33.billion naira into the tropicanaproject that wil benefit himself and the govt pipol, simply becos the region that this seaport would b situatd is nt where he hails from and the region producd a gubernatorial candidate in Larry Esin during the polls thz year.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by Pukkah: 7:42am On Nov 17, 2011
careytommy:

Is there any phenomenon or variable in life that is as certain as this?
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 8:56am On Nov 17, 2011
Just peeping
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by UBACHE: 9:25am On Nov 17, 2011
whom god appointed will rule though with delay
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by ortopazz(m): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2011
And what bites my imagination the most is that, if he does this seaport it is 4 the benefit of Akwa Ibom as a whole and nt just that, it wil bring in more opportunities.

The free education he boasts about, a jnr studnt in a missionary or private institution wil tutor a graduate frm akpabio's free education sec.sch. Reasonz? Simple, becos rather than cncentrate on giving quality education to the less priveledge, he just politicised the whole thing and today, the whole thing is a sham, studnts graduate frm ss3.and yet cant produce a single,quality sentence.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by ortopazz(m): 10:41am On Nov 17, 2011
During thz year's elections, they went to some public schools and repainted the walls, and then put it in symposiums and spread them around, preaching the gospel according to God'zwil chapter obot, verses akpa to bio, "let God'zwil b done in Akwa-IBOM State."
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by ortopazz(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2011
One wonders why when political assume mantle of leadership they tend to act as though they wil nevar come dwn, in akpabio'z case he has decided to make it iz. IF ONLY CORRUPTION body PRATICES were reliable,thz man Akpabio iy d mst corupt govt.oficial in 9ja
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by Moffatex(m): 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
Ho-ho-ho-ho; Akwa Ibom ado ok. ACN, why bordering yourselves. If you can't beat them, join them. Please i have not said anything o!
Re: Supreme Court Orders Re-trial Of Akwa Ibom & Benue States Poll Results. by ortopazz(m): 7:19pm On Nov 21, 2011
^
that ur type stil existz, makz my hrt wonder, r u truly u?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!! Angry Youths Beat And Disgrace APC Lawmaker Seeking Re-election (pics / Lady Allegedly Raped By Kogi State Commissioner Speaks (Photos, Video) / Gov Obaseki Scores Zero (0) at Oshiomhole’s Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.