Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife (1017 Views)

Be Sure Of Your Afterlife Before You Depart / A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. / What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 4:25pm On Apr 20
ELLEN TERRY

Terry:

Each time I attempt to speak to you I'm very conscious indeed of all the difficulties.

I don't think it's possible for anyone on your side of life to realise how very, very difficult it is; endeavouring to converse, endeavouring to convey, with some clarity, one's thoughts, endeavouring to enunciate words under such strained and difficult conditions.

I'm quite sure, of course, that it has never been satisfactorily explained to you and for that matter, I'm quite sure that no-one on this side could ever hope to do so. The difficulties are tremendous. And I suppose the extraordinary thing is that we are able to speak at all, to convey anything at all.

As I'm talking to you, all around and about are numerous souls - some whom I know not, others whom I know well. Yet, all have come with a desire, if not to personally communicate, to convey the power of their love to Earth and to you in particular, because of the work that you are endeavouring to do to enlighten mankind.

Actually, it is some time since last I spoke to you, but nevertheless in a country, as it were, such as mine, where time exists not, and one is only conscious of time when one endeavours to make a contact or a link with your Earth, and by your thoughts are we conscious of time at all.

It is extraordinarily difficult to hold fast to Earth memories when we have been here, as I have now, for over forty years. It is extremely difficult to recapture with any clarity some memories, some events of the past, for all this seems to have been such a long time ago.

And one, of course, has become adjusted to one's new life; which is full of interest, full of happenings which, even if one would wish to convey in words I know it would be practically impossible, because so much that transpires on this side of life cannot be picturised in words to you.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 4:27pm On Apr 20
Indeed, I feel each time I come, more and more, the difficulty in transmitting very much that would make sense to you or perhaps would be of any great value to you.

Everything must be brought down to a level of Earthly comprehension. And so it is that I am sure that others who come, say much the same and refer to events and incidents similar to my own, on a level which only can be described, in a sense, as a material conception of things spiritual.

And I think so much, in a sense, nonsense has been talked about spirituality and spiritual conditions. Possibly, chiefly due to numerous references over countless years to Biblical sayings and happenings and the aspect of mind of possibly the Church and the clergy, whose comprehension of things spiritual is in a sense, at times to say the least of it, very much mis-understood, very much coloured by things which in themselves are far removed from the reality as we understand the term and expression of 'spiritual'.

Spiritual is not necessarily religious. And whenever I think back to Earthly conception of things spiritual, it's invariably tied up or affected by or coloured by the interpretation given by the Church. Spirituality is not necessarily what it may seem or what it may have been conveyed by people on Earth.

Spirituality, in a sense, is not necessarily...and in fact. very rarely has anything to do with religion, as such. In fact I would go as far as to say, that true spirituality is an escape, rather, from religious thought and religious experience.

There is so much spoken about the spiritual life and so very few people know what the spiritual life is or what it really means. And until one has become what is termed a spiritual being one can hardly expect to grasp and understand what it implies.

Certainly, here, to be a spiritual person you have to discard many of the ideas, many of the theological conceptions of a spiritual life and existence.

I would say that this is the natural life and yours is the artificial and that the truly natural life is, in a sense, a spiritual life. I think it's St Paul [who] says we have a physical body and a natural body. We have a natural body and it is sometimes confused with the spiritual body. This is the natural existence - that life which is termed the spiritual. And the material life is a very pale reflection of the reality.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 4:29pm On Apr 20
There is no need for anyone, in a sense, to fear death. For whatever the individual may be, no matter how undeveloped, no matter how low that person may have sunk, over here there are varying degrees of existence, various planes of unfoldment or development, into which every individual finds his or her place.

And there is growth, there is no standing still. There is evolution which passes through phases and conditions. And the soul certainly grows in its knowledge and experience.

I would say that the truly spiritual person, is the person who has lost so much of the material and has grasped and become truly a part of this life - which is so vast in its conception and its experience, that as one becomes more and more aware and conscious of it and becomes more and more developed unto it and with it, so that individual becomes truly more spiritually grown, more spiritually conscious and aware - but not in the narrow sense as the Earth understands the term or expression - but without fear, without any of the drawbacks which hold man so firmly to Earth when living in the body.

Here there is no restriction placed upon expansion and expression. Here you assimilate knowledge and experience and here you throw off more and more of the old self and become truly free.

And I think freedom of expression, freedom of realisation, freedom of thought, is truly the spiritual lesson that comes to us all gradually and gives us that spiritual consciousness and awareness and truly creates and makes possible a spiritual life.

But it is the narrow confines of Earth which prevent individuals from becoming spiritual beings. One must have complete and absolute freedom of expression in the highest sense, to be able to discard all that which is of the material, all that which holds one down, all that which prevents one from expressing and expanding.

Anything which is inclined to prevent the human life from developing and growing and expressing on Earth must be and is bad. Anything that stultifies, anything that in anyway makes it an impossible thing for the human being to have freedom of expression and thought must be and is bad.

There is so much that is taught that is erroneous and untrue. There's so much supposition. There is so much that is sheerly guesswork. And sometimes it is, no doubt, given to the people of the Earth with a distinct desire to hold back growth and progress.

Certainly there is much in the religious teachings, of which can be traced back to individuals in past ages, who used their power for themselves and for that which they felt was good and yet has since oft-times proved to be otherwise.

Anything that stultifies, anything that holds back freedom of thought and expression must be bad. And I think so many people do come here with firm, fixed ideas - ideas that have been implanted in them through the whole of their existence, often through fear. They have been afraid to express their true feelings and emotions.

They have been afraid to pursue new lines of thought. They have been afraid even to read books which possibly would have helped them tremendously, but it had been forbidden to them.

Over here a spiritual life is a life of complete and absolute freedom, in which you are able to assimilate all experience and knowledge. Great teachers from other spheres enter the lower spheres to advise and to guide and to uplift.

Here there is complete unity and harmony and love. Here there is truly brotherhood. Here there is the wisdom of all time, expressed in all manner of ways, by all manner of peoples; irrespective of any Earthly idea of class or creed or colour.

I would say that what holds humanity back in your world, is this unfortunate clinging to old ideas and old ideals - clinging to outworn creeds and religions - clinging to the barriers built up by class, built up by ignorance and peoples that are held apart from one country to another because of patriotism and all the false ideals.

We want to break down all the barriers that have kept men apart. We want to bring a new realisation of God's love and purpose and give you some glimpse of what truly a spiritual life is.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 4:33pm On Apr 20
My life has changed, as indeed all lives change. As one expands one's knowledge and experience, one enters into new life on other spheres.

Though we do not have, as you understand the expression, 'death', there is a form of death; that is a passing from one sphere to another - a greater consciousness and awareness of new conditions and ideals. But all this is progression, gradual, assimilating knowledge and experience.

There is no time, of course, to us, as you understand it and yet there is a form of realisation of time; but it is so different that one cannot hope to express it in words, or explain it.

On the sphere on which I now exist, there is such tremendous opportunity and there are great souls, indeed, who have progressed through sphere to sphere and experience to experience.

We have the most wonderful form of existence that one could hope to experience - and yet all the time one is experiencing this existence and life, one is ever conscious of the possibilities of that which still lies further ahead.

It is impossible, I think, for any soul to describe the spheres that are more advanced. The spheres that are near the Earth, because they are near the Earth, can be depicted and described and no doubt have been described and depicted many times.

But the souls who have gone into an atmosphere and condition far removed from Earth can never hope to recapture in words and expression, to you, that which they inhabit.

But I can say that that which constitutes my life is full of beauty, full of colour, full indeed of every aspect of loveliness that words could depict or experience could experience. There is so much. There are great buildings, beautiful to behold. There are great cities in which all can be found that is good for the life of the individual.

There are great theatres, of course, in which great plays are performed. Great operas, even, are sung. Great musicians compose great works, so the great orchestras can play and many can be blessed by music and the colour which suffuses the whole auditorium during its performance.

If only I could even just depict the colourings of this world, this place in which I find myself now, so far removed from your realisation. Colours beyond description; ever changing in their subtlety and ever giving forth, as it were, a luminosity and a beauty so far removed from material ideas, that one cannot hope to recapture.

Thinking, as one must, in comparison to the rainbow of the Earth, one can see here, as it were, the colourings of innumerable rainbows with innumerable colourings, far more vast and comprehensive in their spectrum.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 4:35pm On Apr 20
There is a diffused subtlety of light at times. There is never darkness. There is a kind of, what you might call perhaps, a twilight - and yet this is something which in itself is so unlike yours.

There is a time for quietitude with us and rest and yet there is never any need for rest or sleep; but a peacefulness that comes upon us when we feel the need. And then our energies, which never seem to flag, are ever present, ever calling upon us to do more, to experience more, to endeavour more.

There is all the beauty and magnificence of the countryside and the colourings of nature, but even more glorified and beautified than anything you know.

There are all the conditions that one would expect of your life - but much more rarefied and more beautiful - much more vast in its comprehension and its experience.

We have, of course, all the animals that constitute nature, but there again in a more highly developed state of being. There are all the domestic animals that one has loved, but even with them there is the realisation of that oneness with man's world and man's kingdom.

There is the ability for the animal world to make itself understood and we to understand them. They do not have to convey in words, because it is not necessary or possible, possibly.

But the point is, that we know what they think, we know what they feel and they know what we say unto them. They read our thoughts and they are able to understand all that we feel. That, I think, is one of the greatest things of this life: is that being completely and absolutely comprehended, not only by the human race similar to oneself, but to the lesser (so called) kingdom of the animal and the birds and the freedom and the beauty.

One cannot experience these things without feeling, when one endeavours to depict and describe them, so...so lacking in oneself, so feeble in one's attempt to convey and yet one endeavours.

I can only say this to you. To all those who may listen, there is no need to fear the crossing from your world to this. It is a great adventure. It is the great awakening into a greater world of loveliness and beauty and freedom of thought. Truly, this is a spiritual world, but not as man has depicted it.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 4:36pm On Apr 20
Indeed, it is so, so different and so tremendously alive, so vital, so tremendously, as it were...so far removed from man's conception of things, that it cannot be depicted or described. One can only feel it and know it and sense it. It is so vast and so beautiful.

Do not fear that passing from your world to this. For whatever condition of life you may enter, no matter how lowly it may be, it will be a reflection of your world, but according to its condition and according to your condition of passing - and particularly according to your development or lack of it - so you will find a condition that will apply to you and be best suited.

And even though it may seem, perhaps, to some dark and drear, according to their light, yet there is freedom to express and develop and evolve. Of course, we know there are the lower spheres, the undeveloped spheres, where the undeveloped souls go, but even so, it is not a hell as pictured by many who would have it so. There is no hell, only that which man himself creates by his own thinking and his own living.

Here, that which man has created will change according to him, according to his striving and his uplifting himself from the darkness. Man dwells oft-times in darkness of his own creating.

As soon as he begins to desire the spark of life eternal, as soon as he is endeavouring to strive and uplift himself from the lower sphere, so he will be helped and guided and given instruction and shown the path.

No-one need fear, for this is a world of love and true brotherhood and all who come will be shown the path and the way. There is no need for fear, for God truly is love. And this is a world of love, in which all who dwell are seeking to uplift themselves from stage to stage in evolution, to a greater sense of the reality of the power and the love of the spirit.

All is good, if man will but seek it and find it. Man will progress from the depths to the heights. All is here for man to experience and enjoy. It is truly the life of the spirit, but it is a spiritual existence far removed from man's ideas and man's conception of things; for this is a world created by the thought and the beauty of expression of life, that is so far removed from the material ideas and ideals.

Be patient, but above all, strive to overcome the worser self, endeavouring to see with a clarity of vision all that which is of God, truly of God, and cast aside all that which holds you back. Do not be afraid, for to have fear is a bad thing indeed. To have strength and faith and courage and to lift up your eyes to the beauty of the spheres: this shall set you free.

You will find truly, the path and the way. There is no need for man to fear the consequences of death. For death is the great door through which we all find the world of reality, the world of the spirit, the world everlasting.

There is no death; only that which seems so. And man himself has created death in ignorance and in foolishness. But one day he will find, as I and others have found, the way of truth, the way of life, the way of freedom: the path that leads to God. My blessings to all and to you both, in particular.

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 2:41pm On Apr 26
MARY IVAN

Greene:

Mary, can you tell us something about, you know, how you passed over? Were you bewildered when you passed over?

Mary:

Aye, I was ill a bit. But somehow, I don't know, whether it was my religious background - I was very religious as a girl - maybe it did not frighten me. I was here and I suppose I was glad to get out of it.

But, um, it was no different to the ways of what I expected, although I suppose I had got a [unintelligible] idea. But somehow it all seemed so natural.

I think that's the wonderful part about it when you come over here, everything's so natural. People expect all sorts of things if they expect anything at all. You know, sort of strange or religious in a kind of way, but it's not. It's just as if you... well it's like waking up and finding yourself in another country.

But it's not exactly strange because you're surrounded by people that you've known - people that have been very close and very dear to you.

My Mama was here. She was a sweet soul. She lived to be quite a good age. But you know, she was a very religious woman too. She died only a year before me.

I woke up and found myself in a kind of place like a hospital. I thought, 'well what's this?' Because I was in my own house and... you know, I was sick-a-bed and everything.

And I had a sister who was looking after me. And I remember waking up here and I was in a kind of ward place in the hospital.

But very nice and very clean, and everything seemed so fresh and airy, and everyone seemed to be so efficient and quiet and peace, and the sun or whatever it was - at least I thought it was the sun then - was shining through the windows now, and everywhere around was pretty and clean.

There were pictures hanging on the walls and somehow it seemed like a very special kind of hospital.

And I thought, well, this is strange. And then a very sweet woman came to me and said, 'You know,' she says, 'you just have to rest a little while and then you’ll soon be all right, once you sort of, sort yourself out and get to know things. And your people will be coming in to see you in a wee while.'

And I thought, 'This is strange.' I felt sure I was at home in my own bed, and here I am in a hospital, so I must have been unconscious and they must have brought me into hospital. I did not think at first that I was dead.

And then I could see, after a wee while, other souls lying around and there was a sweet little lass next to me in a bed, a little blonde child. Pretty child she was, and she was sitting up there and she was chatting away and then she showed me one or two things that she had; a dolly and some books and things. And she said, 'Isn't it nice being here?' She says, 'I'm so happy!'

I said, 'Aye, it's very nice, but what’s wrong with you?'

She says, 'Oh, I got diphtheria.'

I says, 'Well you don’t look like as if you’ve got diphtheria. You look as fresh as a daisy, and your cheeks and everything are bright and cheerful.'
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 2:44pm On Apr 26
You know, I could not think there was anything wrong with the wee lassie. And I said, 'Well how long have you been here?'

She says, 'I’ve only just come.' She says, 'I’m very happy though.'

I said, 'I can see that.'

Anyway, then I saw my sister coming towards me. And I was so surprised because, you know, I had this sister and she died very young, when I was about twelve. We called her Kate.

And I thought, 'this is strange. Kate’s not here. Kate’s dead.' And there she was. And she came to me and she'd got a great big bunch of flowers in her arms. Beautiful flowers they were, fresh flowers with the dew on.

And she said, 'Here, I brought you these and we're so glad that you’ve come.' And she says, 'Mother’s coming soon, and also Pa.'

I says 'No,' I said 'That’s not possible.' I said, 'In any case, how are you getting in here, you know. You’re no here; you’re dead.'

She says, 'Oh, don't be silly,' she says, 'I’m dead all right and so are you!'

I says, 'What do you mean, I’m dead?'

She says, 'You’re dead.'

I says, 'Nooo, it’s not possible.' I said, 'I’m very much alive. I’m in hospital. But how did you get in? Did anyone see you come through the door?'

She says, 'Aye, they all saw me come through the door because they’re all dead that are here.'

I says, 'I don’t get this at all.'

And the wee little one, she sat looking at me in the next bed, and she says, 'Aye?' She says, 'Is that right? Are we dead and the lady? The lady,' she said, 'is she really dead too?'

So I said, 'Well, she’s my sister and she’s dead. And if she’s dead, then we must be dead, but we’re alive. I said, 'I don’t understand this.'

So my sister said, 'We’ve come to fetch you.'

I said, 'What do you mean, fetch me? You have to get permission from the hospital for me to leave the bed. But I must say I feel so well, I've never felt so good in my life.'

She says, 'Of course you’re all right. There’s nothing wrong with you at all. Only in your mind. Get that out of your mind. You’re no sick.'

Anyway, she says, 'I’ll see the lady that’s in charge of this ward.'

Anyway, after a while, there was a private discussion between them and I was allowed to get up.

And I said, 'Well what about my clothes?'

And my sister laughed, she said, 'You don’t need to worry about those. You’ve got them on.'

I says, 'What do you mean I’ve got them on?' And I looked at myself and there I was, I was dressed. I could not get this at all, because I did not remember putting any clothes on. And I did not remember bringing any clothes.

And there I was standing beside the bed in a beautiful gown. It was...was a pale blue and long, with a sash and lots of little lace things around the neck. I thought, 'Well I know, I don’t understand this at all.' And my hair was all combed and nice.

And my sister laughed and she said, 'That’s all right, I helped you to dress, but you didn’t know that.' She says, 'I helped you do your hair too, by my thoughts.'

I said, 'Well how’d you do that?' I said, 'Do you think I'll be able to do things by thoughts?'

So she said, 'Yes, of course you will. Take a little time to get accustomed to it, but once you realise that, by your thoughts, you can achieve all the things that you want to do.'
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 2:50pm On Apr 26
I said, 'I don’t understand.'

She said, 'That’s all right. You remember when I was a wee lassie and I used to strum on the piano? And I always wanted to play and I used to get bad tempered and stamp and all the rest of it, because my fingers wouldn’t do the right things?'

She says, 'Now I can play beautifully. And I do it now by concentration and because I want to do it and because the power makes it possible for me to do it.'

I said, 'Do you think that’s so?'

She says, 'Aye,' she says, 'that’s so.' Anyway, she says, 'Come, we’ll go now. We’ll go and see Mama and the others.'

I said, 'But I thought you said Mama was coming.'

So she says, 'Oh, she’ll probably be downstairs.'

I thought, 'Well, I don’t understand this. It all seems so strange.'

And we went down a beautiful staircase. And it was just as if it was made of marble. It was beautiful. And there were all sorts of interesting people walking about, and all looking so fit and well and healthy. And everywhere there seemed to be, I don’t know, as if the whole place has been so well cared for. It was so clean.

We went down the stairs and out this, sort of, portico or whatever you call it, down some more steps into a beautiful garden. And it was as if, I don’t know, I’ve never been to these posh places, because I never was able to do that sort of thing on Earth, but I'm told it's not unlike you’d see in France in some of these beautiful gardens that they have with the fountains playing.

And there were all sorts of people. Children too, running and playing. And there were grown-ups, of course, and there were... everyone seemed to be fit and well.

And then I thought, 'how odd. None of these people seem out of place and yet I feel so out of place.'

'I suppose they’ve been here a long time,' I said to my sister.

She said, 'No, only just this last few days as you term time, and they’re just becoming acclimatised to everything and they’re waiting for their friends. They’re waiting for their relations.

This is what we call the ‘reception place’ where people come, quite often, not all, but quite a lot of people, until they’re sort of acclimatised to the new conditions of life. And their friends begin to arrive and then they come and, eventually they’ll go away.

'Usually, they go to live with their wife or their husband or perhaps their mother and father if they not married. Or at least the people that they love most. They are the ones that invariably wait in the garden and wait for them to come out, because then they know that they've awakened.

Of course, usually someone like myself, in your case, goes in to break the ice, as you might say, you know.'

Ah, it’s very wonderful. Do you know, no one need fear dying because it’s the most wonderful thing. It’s the most exciting thing that could ever happen to anyone. No one need ever to worry about it. Everything here is so real, so natural.

Everyone is so, I don’t know, full of love. And there's no hatred and no sort of intolerance and everyone's so patient, especially with those who are new and fresh, and everyone wants to help. It’s a wonderful way of life.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 3:08pm On Apr 26
Greene:

And did you meet your people Mary?

Mary:

Aye, eventually I did. Yes, and eventually, I went to live with my mother, and eventually after that, my husband.

Greene:

How did you meet your husband? How did you, sort of...

Mary:

Well he was away - this may sound odd - but he was away and he was doing some special work, I found out afterwards. But it was to do... to do with some war that was going on somewhere, in Africa... South Africa or something like that I think.

And he was helping the wounded and the dying and, anyway, when he was free he came to my mother's place and then, eventually, we lived in his house, which was a pretty wee place... very small, but very nice.

It's the sort of house that we'd often talked about that we would have liked, you know. A little old-fashioned place with beams and rafters and a pretty little garden.

And he was, evidently, very keen on gardening. Not that he did on Earth, because it wasn't possible and we hadn't got a garden, but here, he became very interested and tends his flowers.

But you know, he'd been doing this work, helping these soldiers in this South African War, which I suppose I'd been ill for some months and I may have vaguely heard about this war, but I had no recollection of it until he told me, that this dreadful business had been going on.

Of course, there's been worse wars and he's been doing a lot of rescue work and I go [unintelligible] and do nursing. I've been helping souls, latter years, in what you call, or we call, the reception stations, as I've told you.

And I find it very interesting work. I meet all sorts of very interesting people and I'm able to talk to them and help them to sort of... adjust themselves to their new way of life and their new thoughts.

It's very essential that people should eradicate all the old ideas and thoughts, you know and become more and more, as it were, adjusted and more attuned to a different way of life and a different vibration and condition of life.

It's all very interesting you know, our work. I would hate to be in a place where there was nothing to do.

Woods:

What...what happened to the little girl that was next to you?

Mary:

Oh, I presume, I don't know, but I presume that her people came to collect her eventually. But she had definitely only been here a day or two. But, um, evidently there was a reason why she had to stay a little while. There always is of course.

Greene:

What is your world like, uh, Mary?

Mary:

Oh what a question! What a question.
It's so varied that, really, you could not depict and describe much of it in a material language, because there's no words that could possibly describe or depict it.

Yet one can say that it's, in some respects, not unlike Earth at it's most beautiful, without all the things that cause one petty irritation and annoyance, without all the stupid things that people do to spoil it.

Here, everything is beautiful because people think beautiful thoughts and, in a strange kind of way, those beautiful thoughts help the atmosphere. It's so rarified and pure and beautiful and the light is so wonderful.

It's a reflective light we have, I'm told. Not from the sun, but some other source and it's always a soft beautiful light and the colourings here are so marvellous.

We have such a wonderful range of colours and the flowers too. I've been into forests of flowers - I suppose it's the only way you could describe them, where the flowers are enormous and beautiful, and give off the most beautiful perfume.

Of course, you see, here, although one can pick flowers, one soon learns not to. At first one does, I suppose, it's a habit to do that, and put them in the house, but we soon learn that it's not the thing to do, for there is life in the flowers and it is better that they should remain in their own natural surroundings.

But when my sister came and bought me those flowers I asked her about that and - a long time afterwards.

'Oh', she said 'they were only thought-flowers, they were not the actual flowers. They were thought created flowers. In other words, I thought of a beautiful bunch of flowers for you, and there they were for you.'

But it was only temporary you see. Oh, everything here is so perfect so beautiful.

Perhaps some other time I'll come again and talk to you, but I must go.

Greene:

Oh Mary, don't go...

Must you go?

Mary:

I'm afraid I have to go in a moment, they tell me my time is nearly finished.

Greene:

I was going to ask you...

Mary:

Did you want to ask me something?

Greene:

Yes. You said the air was very rarified. Do you have oxygen over there? Is it oxygen in the air?

Mary:

Well I don't know if you call it oxygen, but I call it air. Because one's conscious of breathing and conscious of taking in... well I suppose it must be air of a kind. But it's so.. it's like wine!

Ah, this is a perfect world. I have no desire to make any changes. I hope there are no more kinds of deaths, I'm quite happy where I am. Although they tell there are many spheres that one can enter into gradually. It's a matter of evolution. But I am quite content, I wouldn't want to move.

Anyway, I must go. But my love and blessings to both of you.

Goodbye.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 8:11pm On Apr 26
Familiar spirits. Don't trust them. They will do anything to deceive man including acting as deceased persons. Your soul's eternal welfare depends on heeding this advice.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 9:26am On Apr 27
CaptainJune:
Familiar spirits. Don't trust them. They will do anything to deceive man including acting as deceased persons. Your soul's eternal welfare depends on heeding this advice.

This is how I see it, there is the bible teachings and the Spirit teachings. I have no evidence for the truth of the bible teachings neither do I have for the spirit teachings.

Now, the Spirit teachings make far more sense to me than the bible teachings, so I did the logical thing to do, choose the one that at least made sense.

What you're asking me to do is choose the bible teachings which I do not have evidence of it truth and doesn't make sense to me either.

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 9:41am On Apr 27
justlove91:

This is how I see it, there is the bible teachings and the Spirit teachings. I have no evidence for the truth of the bible teachings neither do I have for the spirit teachings.

Now, the Spirit teachings make far more sense to me than the bible teachings, so I did the logical thing to do, choose the one that at least made sense.

What you're asking me to do is choose the bible teachings which I do not have evidence of it truth and doesn't make sense to me either.

Haven't you noticed that none of this foul, stinking, hateful, disgusting spirits pretending to be humans dead long ago has said that Jesus Christ is Lord and that He came in the flesh and died for our sins? Haven't you noticed? The Bible is here to guide us on the right spiritual path, not spirits. You need faith to follow God, not evidence even though He has supplied more than sufficient evidence of the truth of His Word as He still does. You are relying on your actions, your goodness to furnish yourself with righteousness when you don't even know the meaning of the concept which is why these demoNs are deceiving you. Friend, stop, pause, and think. If everyone goes to paradise on their own righteousness why then did Jesus come to die for our sins?

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 9:59am On Apr 27
CaptainJune:

Haven't you noticed that none of this [s]foul, stinking, hateful, disgusting spirits pretending to be humans dead long ago[/s] has said that Jesus Christ is Lord and that He came in the flesh and died for our sins?

Maybe it's because he didn't come in the flesh to die for your sins. grin grin

Haven't you noticed? The Bible is here to guide us on the right spiritual path, not spirits.

The bible is just one book out of hundreds of religious books.

Friend, stop, pause, and think. If everyone goes to paradise on their own righteousness why then did Jesus come to die for our sins?
Jesus did not and cannot die for anyone's sin, whatever you sow, you you you will reap, Jesus will not reap it on your behalf.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by IMOHS(m): 10:56am On Apr 27
CaptainJune:

Haven't you noticed that none of this foul, stinking, hateful, disgusting spirits pretending to be humans dead long ago has said that Jesus Christ is Lord and that He came in the flesh and died for our sins? Haven't you noticed? The Bible is here to guide us on the right spiritual path, not spirits. You need faith to follow God, not evidence even though He has supplied more than sufficient evidence of the truth of His Word as He still does. You are relying on your actions, your goodness to furnish yourself with righteousness when you don't even know the meaning of the concept which is why these demoNs are deceiving you. Friend, stop, pause, and think. If everyone goes to paradise on their own righteousness why then did Jesus come to die for our sins?
You keep saying Jesus came and died to take away our sins, why did christ then indict humanity on the cross by saying father forgive them for they know not what they do. Humanity murdered the son of God. Also if Jesus was supposed to come and die to wash away our sins, why was Judas Iscariot cursed by jesus for being that channel for the so called salvation?

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 4:06pm On Apr 27
justlove91:

Maybe it's because he didn't come in the flesh to die for your sins. grin grin

The bible is just one book out of hundreds of religious books.

Jesus did not and cannot die for anyone's sin, whatever you sow, you you you will reap, Jesus will not reap it on your behalf.

There is only one Way, Jesus. Rejecting His blood sacrifice to redeem you from everlasting misery is folly beyond solution.

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 4:12pm On Apr 27
IMOHS:

You keep saying Jesus came and died to take away our sins, why did christ then indict humanity on the cross by saying father forgive them for they know not what they do. Humanity murdered the son of God. Also if Jesus was supposed to come and die to wash away our sins, why was Judas Iscariot cursed by jesus for being that channel for the so called salvation?

Christ did not come to condemn the world but to save it (John 3:17). That means your choice of word "indict" is in error. Please, point out the scripture verse where Jesus cursed Judas Iscariot.

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by IMOHS(m): 5:28pm On Apr 27
CaptainJune:

Christ did not come to condemn the world but to save it (John 3:17). That means your choice of word "indict" is in error. Please, point out the scripture verse where Jesus cursed Judas Iscariot.
Mathew 26 Vs 24-25
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 6:05pm On Apr 27
CaptainJune:

There is only one Way, Jesus. Rejecting His blood sacrifice to redeem you from everlasting misery is folly beyond solution.

That's a lie from the pit of Hell grin grin
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 7:26pm On Apr 27
IMOHS:

Mathew 26 Vs 24-25

Please, learn the difference between woe and curse. The word Jesus clearly used is 'woe'. It is not the same as pronoucing what would befall him like He did to the fig tree.

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 7:32pm On Apr 27
justlove91:

That's a lie from the pit of Hell grin grin

I hope the Lord opens your eyes to see the truth before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 7:58am On Apr 28
CaptainJune:

I hope the Lord opens your eyes to see the truth before it is too late.

Please explain this verse

Galatians 6:7 reads: "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 3:33pm On Apr 28
justlove91:

Please explain this verse

Galatians 6:7 reads: "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"

I thought you said the Bible doesn't make sense to you. Why are you quoting it?

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 3:40pm On Apr 28
CaptainJune:

I thought you said the Bible doesn't make sense to you. Why are you quoting it?

Some parts make sense to me, example is that verse another one is where Jesus said Love your neighbor as yourself.

Now, explain the verse.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 4:07pm On Apr 28
Justlove91, you cannot choose some things in the Bible that agree with your beliefs while you toss the remainder aside. You do not believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, but you accept His teaching to love everyone. It doesn't work that way.

To the question you asked, it means you live with the consequences of your actions. A person cannot avert or escape the implications or results of his actions and decisions, good or bad. God is not mocked because it is a natural and spiritual law devoid of manipulation by man or spirit.

What has this got to do with anything?

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 4:37pm On Apr 28
CaptainJune:
Justlove91, you cannot choose some things in the Bible that agree with your beliefs while you toss the remainder aside.
Yes I can and just did
You do not believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, but you accept His teaching to love everyone. It doesn't work that way.
I don't have to believe his lordship before I can accept his message of love, there are some Buddha's teachings I accept even though I'm not a Buddhist, separate the message from the messenger.

To the question you asked, it means you live with the consequences of your actions. A person cannot avert or escape the implications or results of his actions and decisions, good or bad. God is not mocked because it is a natural and spiritual law devoid of manipulation by man or spirit.

What has this got to do with anything?
Everything!! Because by smuggling in Jesus as your savior, you're trying to escape the consequences of your actions thereby contradicting the above verse.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 5:04pm On Apr 28
justlove91:

Yes I can and just did

I don't have to believe his lordship before I can accept his message of love, there are some Buddha's teachings I accept even though I'm not a Buddhist, separate the message from the messenger.

Everything!! Because by smuggling in Jesus as your savior, you're trying to escape the consequences of your actions thereby contradicting the above verse.

That verse didn't imply that accepting Jesus as one's Lord and Saviour absolves a wrongdoer of the consequences of their actions.

Your soul is what needs redemption, not your body which will decay and return to the dust. That decision to accept or reject salvation is toward your eternal welfare as the soul will never die once it has experienced conception in the womb, but you must accept it now in your earthly life.

1 Like

Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28
CaptainJune:

That verse didn't imply that accepting Jesus as one's Lord and Saviour absolves a wrongdoer of the consequences of their actions.
If accepting Jesus doesn't absolves the wrongdoer of the consequences of his actions, then accepting Jesus doesn't cleanse sin, what's the point of accepting Jesus then??
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 5:28pm On Apr 28
justlove91:

If accepting Jesus doesn't absolves the wrongdoer of the consequences of his actions, then accepting Jesus doesn't cleanse sin, what's the point of accepting Jesus then??

Like you quoted, God is not mocked. A person reaps what they sow. If a rapist is caught but truly repents of his actions during the trial, it doesn't mean the rapist is not guilty before the law. He will spend the time allowed by the law in prison. He will suffer the consequences of his actions.

However, since he has repented his soul is set free from condemnation before God and has escaped from the wrath of God to come as long as he maintains his faith to the end. This is the purpose of Christ coming to the world to die for the sins of mankind...to save them from eternity of separation from God in hell fire, and to bring them to eternity with Him and the Father in heaven. This is the point of accepting Jesus.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 6:26pm On Apr 28
CaptainJune:

Like you quoted, God is not mocked. A person reaps what they sow. If a rapist is caught but truly repents of his actions during the trial, it doesn't mean the rapist is not guilty before the law. He will spend the time allowed by the law in prison. He will suffer the consequences of his actions.

However, since he has repented his soul is set free from condemnation before God and has escaped from the wrath of God to come as long as he maintains his faith to the end. This is the purpose of Christ coming to the world to die for the sins of mankind...to save them from eternity of separation from God in hell fire, and to bring them to eternity with Him and the Father in heaven. This is the point of accepting Jesus.
Let's assume Hitler truely repented of his actions on his deathbed and accepted Jesus. What will happen to him after death.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by CaptainJune: 10:55am On Apr 30
justlove91:

Let's assume Hitler truely repented of his actions on his deathbed and accepted Jesus. What will happen to him after death.

IF HE TRUELY REPENTED he would have been forgiven. In the Bible, there was a king known as Manasseh. He did evil in the sight of God. He was known to have sawed the prophet Isaiah in half. He was captured and taken to captivity according to the prophecy of Isaiah. In his captivity, he repented of his sins and was forgiven by God.
Re: The "Dead" Describing Their Death, First Impression And Afterlife by justlove91(m): 2:00pm On Apr 30
CaptainJune:

IF HE TRUELY REPENTED he would have been forgiven. In the Bible, there was a king known as Manasseh. He did evil in the sight of God. He was known to have sawed the prophet Isaiah in half. He was captured and taken to captivity according to the prophecy of Isaiah. In his captivity, he repented of his sins and was forgiven by God.

Meaning, he would not reap what he sowed, hence, God has been mocked.

Galatians 6:7: "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ramadan Surprise / Can Anyone Say He/she Is Pure? / Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.