Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? (45286 Views)

Check Out What Your Birth Month Says About You / What Your Birth Month Says About You / What Is Your Birth Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Cholls(m): 7:55pm On Apr 06
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Sunnycliff(m): 7:56pm On Apr 06
Proudly Millenials

3 Likes

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by RealLordZeus(m): 7:56pm On Apr 06
Y
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by iampeterben(m): 7:56pm On Apr 06
Proudly Gen Y
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by NaijaCover(m): 7:57pm On Apr 06
Y - Na where popular Blogger dey ooooo
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by phorget(m): 7:58pm On Apr 06
I belong to generation XYZ ABC.πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by CCIA: 7:58pm On Apr 06
Jeon:
Gen Z
πŸ˜‰

grin
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Shikena(m): 7:59pm On Apr 06
Those of us born before 1928 ko?
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by AllahOfBlood: 7:59pm On Apr 06
Toks2008:
Generations are typically categorized based on shared birth years and common life experiences. While there can be variations and overlap, here are some commonly recognized generations:

1. Silent Generation (The Builders): Born roughly between 1928 and 1945, the Silent Generation came of age during a period marked by significant global events like World War II and the Great Depression. They grew up in an era of economic hardship, instilling in them values of frugality, resilience, and a strong work ethic. As they matured, many became known for their traditional values, respect for authority, and commitment to duty.

2. Baby Boomers: Born approximately between 1946 and 1964, Baby Boomers represent a demographic surge following World War II. They grew up during a time of unprecedented prosperity and social change. Boomers witnessed and participated in significant cultural movements such as the civil rights era, the feminist movement, the counterculture of the 1960s, and the rise of television as a dominant cultural force. Their experiences shaped values of individualism, ambition, and social activism.

3. Generation X: Born roughly between 1965 and 1980, Generation X came of age in a period of economic uncertainty and social upheaval. They were the first generation to embrace technology as it rapidly evolved, witnessing the advent of personal computers, the internet, and mobile communication. Growing up in an era of shifting family structures, many Gen Xers value independence, adaptability, and scepticism toward institutions.

4. Millennials (Generation Y): Born approximately between 1981 and 1996, Millennials are characterized by their immersion in digital technology and globalization. They witnessed the rise of the internet, social media, and mobile devices, which profoundly influenced their communication styles and worldview. Millennials value diversity, collaboration, and work-life balance. They are often portrayed as socially conscious and environmentally aware, seeking purpose and fulfilment in their careers and personal lives.

5.Generation Z (Zoomers): Born roughly between 1997 and 2012, Generation Z is the first cohort to grow up entirely in the digital age. They are digital natives who are fluent in technology and social media platforms. Raised in an era of rapid change and global connectivity, Zoomers are known for their entrepreneurial spirit, social activism, and concern for social justice and environmental issues.

6.Generation Alpha: Born from 2013 onwards, Generation Alpha includes the children of Millennials and Generation Z. While still young, they are growing up in an increasingly connected and diverse world. Generation Alpha is expected to be highly technologically savvy, creative, and adaptable to change.

These generational labels are often used to analyse social trends, consumer behaviour, and cultural shifts, but it's important to remember that individuals within each generation are diverse and may not fit neatly into stereotypes. Additionally, definitions and boundaries of generations may vary depending on cultural and regional factors.

Me wey be ancestor nkor

Which generation do I belong?
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Fatbam005: 7:59pm On Apr 06
Wetin be all this nonsense again

2 Likes

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by SonofGod231: 7:59pm On Apr 06
Gen X
........I no dey see my mates here again. Only toddlers.

6 Likes

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by udemzyudex(m): 8:00pm On Apr 06
Silent generation smiley

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by ukaface(f): 8:00pm On Apr 06
Ope o
Chukwu daalu ooo
Say I no be gen z o, gen z is synonymous to β€˜people wey no get sense’
Thank God o, Millennial baby πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Enchantress01(f): 8:01pm On Apr 06
Proudly Generation Z (Zoomers) 😊
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Okoroawusa: 8:02pm On Apr 06
Gen X

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by jamesversion: 8:02pm On Apr 06
EreluRoz is Gen Z. Na smally she be. grin
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by youngrichnigga: 8:02pm On Apr 06
Proudly GEN X✌️✌️✌️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by usecondom(m): 8:03pm On Apr 06
X we cool

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by maureensylvia(f): 8:03pm On Apr 06
Small thing I for enter Gen ZπŸ˜ƒ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by tobstarizhia(m): 8:04pm On Apr 06
Zoomer
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by enemyofprogress: 8:04pm On Apr 06
Liars everywhere I go, especially on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by papyjaypaul: 8:05pm On Apr 06
Artorius:
These are mostly western constructs - they apply mostly to the west, especially the USA.

Only Gen Z and Alpha apply to Nigeria (and Africa) because technology makes the world smaller.

All other prior generations in Nigeria na generations of suffering and corruption and unintelligent religion...

grin grin cheesy cheesy

The old are resilient, the new are not.

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by tollyboy5(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06
AfahaAbia:
I'm a Millennial
Omo Na we suppose plenty pass lol

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by McLizbae: 8:05pm On Apr 06
Baaaba o! grin
Toks2008:
lalasticlala, mynd44, seun which generation do you belong to?

I am proudly Generation X

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by ipobarecriminals: 8:05pm On Apr 06
cool 2 grin
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by papalsayer(m): 8:07pm On Apr 06
Toks2008:

I can conveniently be your dad lol!

He's a year older than the first time I impregnated someone 😁

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Starboytwo(m): 8:07pm On Apr 06
My own "this thing" no dey there. grin
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by happney65: 8:07pm On Apr 06
Millennials..

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Btruth: 8:08pm On Apr 06
Generation X

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Beremx(f): 8:08pm On Apr 06
Proudly Generation X. cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by faceland: 8:08pm On Apr 06
AsaBlackheart:
Millennials should be extended to 1999 imo.

Anyone born in 1999, grew up in the 2000's... They should not be in the same category as people whose childhood memories were formed in the 1980's and 1990's... Totally different world.

For example, during September 11 attack, no one took a selfie because smart-phones didn't exist. No social media too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Owon: 8:09pm On Apr 06
Toks2008:

Very disrespectful generation. angry
Toks because
You manage be millennial grin

Even you na small boy o grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Ghastly Motor Accident That Killed A Lady In Onitsha (Graphic Photos) / Python Found At Caleb University, Imota, Lagos (Photos) / I Killed An Inland Taipan In My Factory.. Taipan Really Exist In Nigeria..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.