Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,714 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? (45294 Views)

Check Out What Your Birth Month Says About You / What Your Birth Month Says About You / What Is Your Birth Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Silentgroper(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lol. You have not met people who act way older than they exactly are?
I've come across a few and it usually seem awkward when I find out their actual age .. people should should always act their age.. let's keep the universe balanced..
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by chatinent: 12:29pm On Apr 07
Gen 2017.

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:56pm On Apr 07
Silentgroper:
I've come across a few and it usually seem awkward when I find out their actual age .. people should should always act their age.. let's keep the universe balanced..

LOL. Can one help it?

All the same, noted. cheesy
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by femi4: 1:14pm On Apr 07
Toks2008:
Generations are typically categorized based on shared birth years and common life experiences. While there can be variations and overlap, here are some commonly recognized generations:

1. Silent Generation (The Builders): Born roughly between 1928 and 1945, the Silent Generation came of age during a period marked by significant global events like World War II and the Great Depression. They grew up in an era of economic hardship, instilling in them values of frugality, resilience, and a strong work ethic. As they matured, many became known for their traditional values, respect for authority, and commitment to duty.

2. Baby Boomers: Born approximately between 1946 and 1964, Baby Boomers represent a demographic surge following World War II. They grew up during a time of unprecedented prosperity and social change. Boomers witnessed and participated in significant cultural movements such as the civil rights era, the feminist movement, the counterculture of the 1960s, and the rise of television as a dominant cultural force. Their experiences shaped values of individualism, ambition, and social activism.

3. Generation X: Born roughly between 1965 and 1980, Generation X came of age in a period of economic uncertainty and social upheaval. They were the first generation to embrace technology as it rapidly evolved, witnessing the advent of personal computers, the internet, and mobile communication. Growing up in an era of shifting family structures, many Gen Xers value independence, adaptability, and scepticism toward institutions.

4. Millennials (Generation Y): Born approximately between 1981 and 1996, Millennials are characterized by their immersion in digital technology and globalization. They witnessed the rise of the internet, social media, and mobile devices, which profoundly influenced their communication styles and worldview. Millennials value diversity, collaboration, and work-life balance. They are often portrayed as socially conscious and environmentally aware, seeking purpose and fulfilment in their careers and personal lives.

5.Generation Z (Zoomers): Born roughly between 1997 and 2012, Generation Z is the first cohort to grow up entirely in the digital age. They are digital natives who are fluent in technology and social media platforms. Raised in an era of rapid change and global connectivity, Zoomers are known for their entrepreneurial spirit, social activism, and concern for social justice and environmental issues.

6.Generation Alpha: Born from 2013 onwards, Generation Alpha includes the children of Millennials and Generation Z. While still young, they are growing up in an increasingly connected and diverse world. Generation Alpha is expected to be highly technologically savvy, creative, and adaptable to change.

These generational labels are often used to analyse social trends, consumer behaviour, and cultural shifts, but it's important to remember that individuals within each generation are diverse and may not fit neatly into stereotypes. Additionally, definitions and boundaries of generations may vary depending on cultural and regional factors.
generation B....beta
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by petertamtam6(m): 1:19pm On Apr 07
Generation O cheesy grin
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Zik4zik: 1:39pm On Apr 07
Toks2008:
Generations are typically categorized based on shared birth years and common life experiences. While there can be variations and overlap, here are some commonly recognized generations:

1. Silent Generation (The Builders): Born roughly between 1928 and 19Generation came of age during a period marked by significant global events like World War II and the Great Depression. They grew up in an era of economic hardship, instilling in them values of frugality, resilience, and a strong work ethic. As they matured, many became known for their traditional values, respect for authority, and commitment to duty.

2. Baby Boomers: Born approximately between 1946 and 1964, Baby Boomers represent a demographic surge following World War II. They grew up during a time of unprecedented prosperity and social change. Boomers witnessed and participated in significant cultural movements such as the civil rights era, the feminist movement, the counterculture of the 1960s, and the rise of television as a dominant cultural force. Their experiences shaped values of individualism, ambition, and social activism.

3. Generation X: Born roughly between 1965 and 1980, Generation X came of age in a period of economic uncertainty and social upheaval. They were the first generation to embrace technology as it rapidly evolved, witnessing the advent of personal computers, the internet, and mobile communication. Growing up in an era of shifting family structures, many Gen Xers value independence, adaptability, and scepticism toward institutions.

4. Millennials (Generation Y): Born approximately between 1981 and 1996, Millennials are characterized by their immersion in digital technology and globalization. They witnessed the rise of the internet, social media, and mobile devices, which profoundly influenced their communication styles and worldview. Millennials value diversity, collaboration, and work-life balance. They are often portrayed as socially conscious and environmentally aware, seeking purpose and fulfilment in their careers and personal lives.

5.Generation Z (Zoomers): Born roughly between 1997 and 2012, Generation Z is the first cohort to grow up entirely in the digital age. They are digital natives who are fluent in technology and social media platforms. Raised in an era of rapid change and global connectivity, Zoomers are known for their entrepreneurial spirit, social activism, and concern for social justice and environmental issues.

6.Generation Alpha: Born from 2013 onwards, Generation Alpha includes the children of Millennials and Generation Z. While still young, they are growing up in an increasingly connected and diverse world. Generation Alpha is expected to be highly technologically savvy, creative, and adaptable to change.

These generational labels are often used to analyse social trends, consumer behaviour, and cultural shifts, but it's important to remember that individuals within each generation are diverse and may not fit neatly into stereotypes. Additionally, definitions and boundaries of generations may vary depending on cultural and regional factors.
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Bjteensdes24: 1:50pm On Apr 07
Dannydavito:
INDOMIE GENERATIONS. Between 2000 till date. Shimi ( female underwear) became extinct.
Na only shimi you see? E get one skirt dem ladies back then dey wear as their underwear that shows underneath. I mostly saw white colors then. Life don spoil now no be small
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Banbanna(m): 2:12pm On Apr 07
True that. These are all white/Western people's narrative. I found some of it hilarious while reading especially the part where millennials group was not extended upto 2000, which was actually the dawn of the new millennium.
fitinwell:

Where u see social media? From 1981 - 1997
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Twenty8: 3:05pm On Apr 07
Enchantress01:
Proudly Generation Z (Zoomers) 😊

Hello baby girl😉
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by adewaleola01: 3:09pm On Apr 07
Generation Y
Nov 12 1990
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Silentgroper(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07
UyaiIncomparabl:

LOL. Can one help it?

All the same, noted. cheesy

😁😁

Dnt mind me .. I was just goofing around with you..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Chimatesky64: 3:18pm On Apr 07
Gen y
Feb 28 1986
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 4:59pm On Apr 07
SonofGod231:
Gen X
........I no dey see my mates here again. Only toddlers.

So true
I am X too..
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by onlinestaff247: 6:59pm On Apr 07
I'm proudly Generation Xmen.
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Wuminity(f): 9:43pm On Apr 07
Toks2008:

Very disrespectful generation. angry

😂😂😂

Na that one pain you pass.
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by cezarman(m): 10:16pm On Apr 07
oginga:
LOL cheesy

Gen Z should be changed to anyhow generation.

Or horrnnyyy generation grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by BRATISLAVA: 9:32pm On Apr 10
The phishing has begun again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Python Found At Caleb University, Imota, Lagos (Photos) / I Killed An Inland Taipan In My Factory.. Taipan Really Exist In Nigeria.. / Man's Legs Cut Off In Auto Accident As Car Rams Into Bus In Lagos (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.