Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Igbo Traders In Kwara Protest High Taxation, Lock Shops - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Traders In Kwara Protest High Taxation, Lock Shops (2021 Views)

Osun Youths Protest High Cost Of Living / Niger State Residents Protest High Cost Of Food, Living / President Buhari Fulfils His Promise To Igbo Traders In Aba (photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Traders In Kwara Protest High Taxation, Lock Shops by MyExpression(m): 5:15pm On Mar 24
Christlike01:
The main issue here is that our "audio Billionaires" are hiding under one yeye trade association to pay inappropriate tax to the KWSG and that's exactly what the government wants to put an end to.

Come to think of it,why is it that our "developers" are the only ones always being targeted everywhere they go?! The Ghanaians are jealous of their success,the South Africans ,the Chinese,the Yoruba,the Malaysians,etc, everyone is jealous of the Igbo! The shocking irony of it all is that when you check relevant human and economic development indices, Igbo are always lagging behind! For instance, majority of the blue chip companies listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) are owned by non Igbo. The data recently released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that the Igbo's region of South East is slightly better than the wartorn North East in terms of growths and developments! So,where is the 'jealous' noise coming from?!

This is not even difficult,pay up or lock up! How a group of morons think they can ever blackmail government to have their way is way beyond me! The sensible thing to do in this situation is to relocate back to Biafra but those demons that are chasing our "blodas" away from their ancestral land are still very active!

Do you work in the government?
Why are you not on the side of people asking to negotiate a suitable tax system.
Is the decay in Nigeria truly due to lack of funds?

Why are we all shouting as if it's not what Labour Unions exist for.
...to negotiate for the benefit of the people vs government.

Is it because it's the Igbos who are the loudest that it became a crime for Labour Unions and associations to negotiate tax payment.

You people should stop being holier than the Pope.

Are you really fighting for a richer Kwara state, or you're are busy fighting the igbos for putting up resistance to government...because- what effontry from non-indegenous?

It's never wrong for unions to negotiate with the government.

Except this money is entering your personal pocket, stop antagonising the Igbos.
They are not ripping the govt.

Nigeria has a flawed tax system. The people are running their business with the least of input from the govt.

Nobody has free money.
It is Selling price - cost price - expenses= Income

Don't act like there were no personal expenses incurred by the business owners.
They all work for their money day and night.

Matter is already in court. Everyone has right to negotiate with the govt...and if they so will, peaceful protest is within their civic right as fellow Nigerians.

Nobody should make it a tribal thing.
Not Kwarans, not the igbos.
It is an economic/financial matter.
Use your bargaining chip, or get strong armed.

It is not a tribal war.
Re: Igbo Traders In Kwara Protest High Taxation, Lock Shops by MyExpression(m): 5:18pm On Mar 24
Ngorbungor:

I've spent some years in that state, please give it to the Igbos, they are blessed people, their blessings is too glaring for others to see, that is why the state government want to tap into their wealth through tax. But let's say it as it is, where will the state get these taxes if not from this businesses, interms of economic activities what level is the state at? What is the state known for? Is the state a commercial center?, or industrial center? or oil and gas? or is the state into agric-business? For me i can't even point at any of those, so that's why they are looking frustrated.

Don't say that ...they have Iron ore in large quantity.

They are mineral rich
Re: Igbo Traders In Kwara Protest High Taxation, Lock Shops by Biglittlelois(f): 5:58pm On Mar 24
Ngorbungor:

Thank you from confirming my points, by mentioning 5 to 6 mushrooms companies, hotels and eateries means nothing is in that state, but i outlined sectors like Spare Parts, Electronics, Stationaries, Building Materials, Cosmetics etc which they dominate and can never be outperform or matched by any tribe in the hole state "Kwara State". Do you know why Igbos are not much in hospitality business in your state? Its because of your religion intolerance amongst the indigins.

Mushroom? Lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣

A nonentity claiming to know a place more than the owner, only can it be found from empty chest beaters like you, one has to sometimes approve of the way y'all are being decimated on here because it is only your kind that are proud of their ignorance, how this one thinks a minute few of you can dominate every sector in another person's state where the indigenes are dominant can only be studied, with your brain used as a case study.

My last response to you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kwara Protest High Taxation, Lock Shops by Biglittlelois(f): 6:00pm On Mar 24
Ngorbungor:

I've spent some years in that state, please give it to the Igbos, they are blessed people, their blessings is too glaring for others to see, that is why the state government want to tap into their wealth through tax. But let's say it as it is, where will the state get these taxes if not from this businesses, interms of economic activities what level is the state at? What is the state known for? Is the state a commercial center?, or industrial center? or oil and gas? or is the state into agric-business? For me i can't even point at any of those, so that's why they are looking frustrated.

You are exceptionally stupid for the nonsense you spewed, exceptionally daft.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kwara Protest High Taxation, Lock Shops by olatunbosun886: 7:20pm On Mar 24
OO...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Igbo And Not Ijaw, He Is From Otu Eke (eke Village) Otu=village / FESTUS KEYAMO AWAKENS DELTANS-a Must Watch-WOW!!! / Orji Kalu’s Frank Letter To Governor Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.