Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? (3119 Views)

People Seen Worshipping As Gospel Music Is Played At A Nightclub In Ikoyi, Lagos / "And The Lord Repented" / An Atheist Playing Gospel Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by ProudNigerian01: 8:30am On Mar 24
Have you truly repented?

What are those things you continue to do after you come back from church?

Do you still drink alcohol, fornicate, lie, insult others and still claim to know God?

You know those sins but you continue in them.

When last did you read the Bible? Something you are meant to do day and night:

Josh.1.8 - This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by ProudNigerian01: 8:32am On Mar 24
Don't just claim you know God, Make sure you use your words and character to preach Christ, let people feel God's holiness and love in you extending to them.

Be kind. Be polite. Be respectful. Be humble. Be diligent. Be Honest.

Jesus Christ is the only way. Repent and turn to him today.

If you claim to know Him and you are still living in sins like fornication, lying, masturbation, sports betting, arrogance, unkindness, malice, unforgiveness, spiritual boasting etc. then you are as same as a ritualist or the worst sinner you can think of. NO SIN IS SMALL, SIN IS SIN.

Repent and redidicate yourself now!!!

You cannot claim you love God or even know Him when you are always quarreling, doing whatever you like or being lazy.

Love God truly with all your being and show it in your words and character.

Mark.12.33 - And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by daveP(m): 8:36am On Mar 24
Many find it hard to pray in plain english or language
Many find it hard to pray without "being in the mood of prayer" aka playing songs before they can 'open up'
Many can't feel comfy praying for 5 minutes without one "worship song" playing at the background or a group of people praying over the speaker
Many can't even worship without sounds that 'tune them up'
There's a spiritual endemic.
It didn't used to be so.
It wasn't ever like this.

Before you say everyone should do what works for them, ask if this is how it SHOULD be before you can do all these acts. Discipline is key.

To whom it may concern

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by Righteousness2(m): 8:37am On Mar 24
Going to Church is not salvation.

Being a Pastor, bishop, apostle, Gospel singer or any other title is not salvation

Being born in the Church or by Christian parents will not guarantee you Heaven.

Being called Paul, john, Mary, James etc does not automatically make you a Christian or send u to Heaven.

A Genuie personal relationship with JESUS CHRIST is the ticket to Heaven.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by ProudNigerian01: 8:44am On Mar 24
daveP:
Many find it hard to pray without "being in the mood of prayer" aka playing songs before they can 'open up'
Many can't feel comfy praying for 5 minutes without one "worship song" playing at the background or a group of people praying over the speaker
It didn't used to be so.

Before you say everyone should do what works for them, ask if this is how it SHOULD be before you can do all these acts. Discipline is key.

To whom it may concern
You have spoken the truth, May God help us all to serve him truly and in Spirit without all these traditions of men.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:46am On Mar 24
True talk.

They are those who honor God with their mouths and lips but whose hearts are far from Him, hence their worshipping of God is in vain. Matthew 15:8-9.

God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by Peterpaul96: 9:37am On Mar 24
E reach ask
Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by Christane: 9:38am On Mar 24
Many Christian claim to be holy only on Sundays playing Gospel music or even going to church they even see themselves better than those that don't go to church ...

But after coming back from church and all through d week like Monday to Sunday they return to their normal lifestyle like fornication, alcohol , gossiping ..cheating

I just wonder who is deceiving who

Only God can judge

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by Eriokanmi: 9:38am On Mar 24
Nice question. If your maid is looking odd among your children and you call yourself a Christian father or mother, you're a just deceiving yourself. You're worst than an infidel. If your neighbour is hungry while you're living large and uncaring, your employer only depends on their small salary to live while they contribute hugely towards your company's growth, you're not doing enough as a christian.

If you like, make church your 2nd home. One sickness could wipe off everything before your very eyes. ...in as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

I had an uncle, now late. He had a maid whom the wife always treated unfairly. My uncle would always tell his wife to be kind to her cos nobody knows tomorrow but she'd say shebi we're paying her. The maid dared not near them at every event. Being a devout Christian, he was doing his best to ensure the maid didn't feel odd among his children. At times, the woman would seize the clothes he bought for her, just because its same price and design as those bought for his children.

One day, the wife took ill. She was flown abroad and operated upon. Eventually, she died. It was this maid who took care of all their children until they all travelled out for further studies. She said she'd not have stayed,
but for my uncle's kindness. She cleared her waec once, so intelligent. Meanwhile my uncle said he'd never remarry. He's never a promiscuous man.

One day, he approached his brothers and sought his advice if he could consider marrying the maid as she's used to them already. She was a school cert holder as of then but he said he could train her up to the university level because she had acted like a mother to their children all those years. The day my uncle proposed to her, she ran away. She said she was not worthy to occupy the shoes but later her people came with her to my uncle's place, apologised for her being childish.

In a nut shell, he married her. This lady became a graduate, had 2 male children for my uncle. The late wife had 3 females. The ladies settled down overseas. The male guys are in their late 30s and early 40s now, and are very successful today. One of them is a fintech giant, who needs no introduction in the industry.

If only we can follow Christ's doctrines, the world will be a better place. Its the people, who will describe you, not you carrying Christianity on your head.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by MyExpression(m): 9:43am On Mar 24
What does it mean to repent?

Is repentance by self will or by the power of God?
Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by Indelibleage: 9:46am On Mar 24
Repentance from sin deliberately and personal decision through the help of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ is very sacrosanct in our Christian faith. After repentance is done, faith in the atoning blood of Christ shed on the Cross at Calvary for total cleansing and removal of all the stains and relics of sins committed is another.

Then, living daily victoriously over temptation and sin is the next which is made possible by grace.

Reading of the Bible (studying), meditating and praying in what was read and meditated upon will enhance spiritual growth.

One also needs self-discipline for restraint over what was abandoned as old life.

Holiness of heart and sanctification is very necessary which is not by works of one's hand. It is by faith with prayer.

Lastly but not all, living daily as if the rapture can sound with preparation and readiness to go with the Lord and other saints.

Happy Sunday and God bless everyone.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by daygee12: 9:49am On Mar 24
Righteousness2:
Going to Church is not salvation.
Being a Pastor, bishop,

Being born in the Church or by Christian parents will not guarantee you Heaven.

Being called Paul, john, Mary, James etc does not automatically make you a Christian or send u to Heaven.

A Genuie personal relationship with JESUS CHRIST is the ticket to Heaven.

But u carried Lazarus Mouka like ur God
Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by epainos: 9:51am On Mar 24
The more religious Nigerians are, the more demons reside inside them. Lol. grin Dem go preach on social media and even in church, but they loot massively. Lol. Check that primary school headmaster or mistress....as small as the budget of the school is....he/she go still loot. From their politicians to rhe lowest there....dem be thieves. Yet...na dem go speak in tongues pass. Evil people. I dont take them serious again. All of them. Their pastors too....scammers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by Jokerman(m): 9:52am On Mar 24
What about carrying big Bible up and down?

However let's remember this....

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by advocatejare(m): 9:52am On Mar 24
You must repent and accept Jesus as your savior before you die, false religions won’t save you, the founders of those religions wanted to repent at the point of death but the followers that wanted to keep benefiting from the deceit prevented them.

One of them requested for pen and paper at the point of death so that his followers wouldn’t go astray but they prevented him citing excuse that they’d rather hold on to what he had told the before. But the man knew he had given them instructions before that time and why he wanted to tell them the final truth before he died, but they didn’t agree.

Sahih al-Bukhari 5669
Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
When Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was on his death-bed and in the house there were some people among whom was `Umar bin Al-Khattab, the Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray." `Umar said, "The Prophet (ﷺ) is seriously ill and you have the Qur'an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us." The people present in the house differed and quarrelled. Some said "Go near so that the Prophet (ﷺ) may write for you a statement after which you will not go astray," while the others said as `Umar said. When they caused a hue and cry before the Prophet, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Go away!" Narrated 'Ubaidullah: Ibn `Abbas used to say, "It was very unfortunate that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise."

Only Jesus is the truth, embrace him today before you take your last breath

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by Emmanuel30a2: 9:59am On Mar 24
ProudNigerian01:
Have you truly repented?

What are those things you continue to do after you come back from church?

Do you still drink alcohol, fornicate, lie, insult others and still claim to know God?

You know those sins but you continue in them.

When last did you read the Bible? Something you are meant to do day and night:

Josh.1.8 - This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Na by force to repent? No dey force us to join armed force or airforce, we have been enforced and reinforced... No be by force...
Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by judedwriter(m): 10:01am On Mar 24
As a Christian, the greatest enemy is the flesh.

Until we have learnt to crucify the flesh daily with prayers, bible study, fasting and the Holy Ghost, we will continue to struggle with our Christian profession.

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:05am On Mar 24
Lmao at repented.
Nigerians wey choose religiousness over Spirituality.
You fit repent, sabi all bible verses, go to church everyday, speak in tongues, pay tithes and sow seeds, but if your spirituality is zero and your life is still not worth emulating, you're wasting your time.

Always leave a place a little better than you found it.
If you borrow a friend's car, wash it and top up the gas before returning it.
If you borrow an item and exhaust or lose it, add a replacement when returning it.
If you borrow money and fail to meet the deadline, apologize, maintain open communication, and add some percentage to it when returning it.
Those are what truly makes you a Christian. It doesn't matter if you've repented or not.

Now tell me how many Nigerians who have repented can do those.

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by jazzman7711: 10:08am On Mar 24
ProudNigerian01:
Don't just claim you know God, Make sure you use your words and character to preach Christ, let people feel God's holiness and love in you extending to them.

Be kind. Be polite. Be respectful. Be humble. Be diligent. Be Honest.

Jesus Christ is the only way. Repent and turn to him today.

If you claim to know Him and you are still living in sins like fornication, lying, masturbation, sports betting, arrogance, unkindness, malice, unforgiveness, spiritual boasting etc. then you are as same as a ritualist or the worst sinner you can think of. NO SIN IS SMALL, SIN IS SIN.

Repent and redidicate yourself now!!!

You cannot claim you love God or even know Him when you are always quarreling, doing whatever you like or being lazy.

Love God truly with all your being and show it in your words and character.

Mark.12.33 - And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."

REPENT FROM WHAT, EXACTLY?

Stop disturbing people with this your useless imported religion.

Africans have prospered on this land for thousands of years before some idiot Englishman THIEF came here a mere century ago to loot your resources, and gave you his fraudulent “holy” book that called you a “sinner”, who needs to worship a white “saviour” or you would burn in fire forever.

And like a mugu, you are carrying his stupid book around and disturbing people with it till today, 60 years after he left.

Are you a robot or a zombie?

Why don’t you unbrainwash your head and grow up?

Do you see the Chinese, Indians, Japanese, or Arabs worshiping European gods?

Did they not simply update their traditional religion and continue it with pride and dignity, while the British brainwashed you to hate your own religious heritage?

Don’t wake up. Mr ‘Repenter’.

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by CharlesofJesus: 10:09am On Mar 24
H
Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by NOwazobia: 10:16am On Mar 24
On Sunday, they mock us for not going to church, but not even one quality of the Bible you can find in their life.

They are even worse than we that do not go to church.

When I see them pimping up for sundays, telling me not to neglect the assembly of the brethren...

I laugh 😂 and shake my head, and properly view the person who is talking to me.

Jokers of church goers...

It is all fashion, and glamour to them, while others are to please mum and dad.

I hardly take these days christians seriously... undecided

1 Like

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by ObalendeCMS: 10:47am On Mar 24
Foo1ish people decieving themselves!
I only go to church for social gathering!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by GreatAchiever1: 11:04am On Mar 24
jazzman7711:

REPENT FROM WHAT, EXACTLY?

Stop disturbing people with this your useless imported religion.

Africans have prospered on this land for thousands of years before some idiot Englishman THIEF came here a mere century ago to loot your resources, and gave you his fraudulent “holy” book that called you a “sinner”, who needs to worship a white “saviour” or you would burn in fire forever.

And like a mugu, you are carrying his stupid book around and disturbing people with it till today, 60 years after he left.

Are you a robot or a zombie?

Why don’t you unbrainwash your head and grow up?

Do you see the Chinese, Indians, Japanese, or Arabs worshiping European gods?

Did they not simply update their traditional religion and continue it with pride and dignity, while the British brainwashed you to hate your own religious heritage?

Don’t wake up. Mr ‘Repenter’.

Actually I'm in a telegram group dominated heavily by Indians and in that group, they share Christian books.
In Japan, the popular old Christian animation super book and flying house was made and aired in the country (TV Tokyo).
Christianity has been present in China since the early medieval period.
And there are also Christians present in Arabic nations although they are in the small minority.

All in all, the Lord knows those who are His and will save His people from their sins.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by Truefaith: 11:06am On Mar 24
gbh
Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by meobizy(f): 11:14am On Mar 24
They will soon shift the goal post to; going to church, playing gospel music and repenting are not enough. Do this extra thing to ensure heaven is in your destiny.
Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by IAMBOSS1990: 11:28am On Mar 24
Eriokanmi:
Nice question. If your maid is looking odd among your children and you call yourself a Christian father or mother, you're a just deceiving yourself. You're worst than an infidel. If your neighbour is hungry while you're living large and uncaring, your employer only depends on their small salary to live while they contribute hugely towards your company's growth, you're not doing enough as a christian.

If you like, make church your 2nd home. One sickness could wipe off everything before your very eyes. ...in as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

I had an uncle, now late. He had a maid whom the wife always treated unfairly. My uncle would always tell his wife to be kind to her cos nobody knows tomorrow but she'd say shebi we're paying her. The maid dared not near them at every event. Being a devout Christian, he was doing his best to ensure the maid didn't feel odd among his children. At times, the woman would seize the clothes he bought for her, just because its same price and design as those bought for his children.

One day, the wife took ill. She was flown abroad and operated upon. Eventually, she died. It was this maid who took care of all their children until they all travelled out for further studies. She said she'd not have stayed,
but for my uncle's kindness. She cleared her waec once, so intelligent. Meanwhile my uncle said he'd never remarry. He's never a promiscuous man.

One day, he approached his brothers and sought his advice if he could consider marrying the maid as she's used to them already. She was a school cert holder as of then but he said he could train her up to the university level because she had acted like a mother to their children all those years. The day my uncle proposed to her, she ran away. She said she was not worthy to occupy the shoes but later her people came with her to my uncle's place, apologised for her being childish.

In a nut shell, he married her. This lady became a graduate, had 2 male children for my uncle. The late wife had 3 females. The ladies settled down overseas. The male guys are in their late 30s and early 40s now, and are very successful today. One of them is a fintech giant, who needs no introduction in the industry.

If only we can follow Christ's doctrines, the world will be a better place. Its the people, who will describe you, not you carrying Christianity on your head.
Your post is very educative and enlightening. Thank you very much. The story be like nollywood something.

I just hope many people will learn to see other human beings as themselves. The way people in authority treat others especially maids is just too bad and yet they claim to know God.

Love and kindness for one's neighbour is only second to the love for God and extremely important for Christians.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by Eriokanmi: 12:00pm On Mar 24
IAMBOSS1990:

Your post is very educative and enlightening. Thank you very much. The story be like nollywood something.

I just hope many people will learn to see other human beings as themselves. The way people in authority treat others especially maids is just too bad and yet they claim to know God.

Love and kindness for one's neighbour is only second to the love for God and extremely important for Christians.

It is well.
You are welcome bro. Jesus Himself confirms your last paragraph in the book of Matthew 22:36-40, as the highest commandment when the people asked him, after loving God, wholeheartedly. Your neighbour is whoever you're able to extend that hand of love to, it could be maids, the man or woman next t door who's in dire need, a common man on the streets. Nobody knows what tomorrow will bring.

Sadly, many Christians only do good where they expect something in return or wherever people will see them and shower praises on them for it. By doing this, they've received their rewards already. It's the bible who says this, not me.

As an undergraduate, I almost dropped out cos funding was nowhere to come by. My parents and uncles did their best. There was this man whom God used for me. About 15 years later, things took a bad turn for him. God used me to relocate him to the US. Now his story had changed forever for good. He's built a wonderful house in Lag, which only big boys in Nigeria could dabble into. This man was selling bread in front of his wife's make-shift container tailoring shop at some point.

The attached was the message he sent to me on my birthday recently. Imagine he turned his face away from me that time, would I have ever thought of him? There are several people like him whom God has used me to elevate. Guess what? God has never stopped blessing me. When you Heed his instructions, you get your reward, simple. Good health is one of them, no be everything be money. Many don't even know they're blessed because of poor people around them

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by 4KNGOATS(m): 12:32pm On Mar 24
.Josh.1.8 - This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success
[/quote]
True christenity is not all about music-public disturbance with useless boxes. True christenity is All about being reverend and seeking God with gentle words full of humility. Sadly most christens today have been brain washed by their fourking pastors
Re: Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? by Pimine: 1:09pm On Mar 24
daveP:
It didn't used to be so.

To whom it may concern
My brother, stop wasting time on unnecessary things. It doesn't matter if you need to be stirred up in the spirit by songs, chants or even a recording of a previous prayer session. Maybe you can't pray without Theophilus or Pst. Lawrence Oyor's chants playing in the background. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you show up everyday at the appointed time.

There is a spirit of prayer. Continue the motions. No matter how hard it is. Strike with many blows. No matter how discouraged you are. It is the Holy Ghost that helps our infirmities.

The only "discipline" that matters is showing up and asking the Holy Spirit to help you pray. One day you'll be baptised by the spirit of prayer and you wouldn't recognize yourself anymore.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Does T.b. Joshua Get His Money From? / As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris / What Will It Profit A Man, If He Gains The Whole World, But Loses His Soul?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.