Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

How To Make God Hear You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Make God Hear You (325 Views)

Things You Don't Want To Hear As A "Man" During Sex / I Think Everyone Should Hear This Truth. No Disrespect To The Female Folks Pleas / When You Hear 'after God,fear Women,'what Do They Meant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make God Hear You by Ebonygeek(f): 2:30pm On Mar 24
God-Given Conditions For Answers to Prayers.

Sometimes we pray but do not experience any change or difference, and we start to doubt God's existence. God is real, friend. If you haven't received an answer to your prayer yet, the problem is from you. There are certain conditions that we need to satisfy in order to receive answers from God. Keep reading to find out what those conditions are.

2 Chronicles 7:12-14 KJV
And the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. [13] If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; [14] If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

These verses tell us that we need to humble ourselves when we pray to God. We are so full of ourselves that we think we can get through life on our own, but by the time we all open up, you'll see that so many people are suffering from physical and emotional problems. Sin opens the door to sickness and disease, friend.

That said, sometimes people babble and say the same word again and again in the name of prayers. Repeating the same thing over and over is unscriptural. God hears us, He's not deaf. Speak the word once and He'll hear.

The verses above also tell us to seek God's face. Seeking His face means praying to Him on a daily basis. You can't pray on Sundays only and expect to receive a swift answer from Him. Read the scriptures and pray with bible verses. Remind God of His promises consistently and He will hear you.

The third prerequisite in the bible passage is for every sinner to turn away from their wicked ways and repent. God doesn't hear the prayers of sinners. I'm sure many of you reading this have heard about how some robbers pray before their operations or how yahoo boys give money to pastors and ask for prayers so that God will bless their hustle. They're all deceiving themselves. God turns away His face from such people

POINTS TO CONSIDER

1) The Promise of receiving answers to prayers.

Isaiah 58:9-14 KJV
Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am . If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; [10] And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: [11] And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. [12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in. [13] If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord , honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: [14] Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord ; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it .

People get so caught up with chasing money that they work 7 days a week. The scriptures ask us to remember the Sabbath day friend, and to keep it holy. Why are you hustling on a Sunday instead of worshipping the owner of your soul? You'll end up working like a machine all through the year, instead of letting God take you to higher ground within a shorter time.

John 15:7 KJV
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

You must abide in Christ. Don't go out of Christ and go into adultery, fornication, stealing, murder, etc. Christ is holy and righteous. His Spirit can't dwell in or around an unholy vessel.

1 John 3:21-22 KJV
Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. [22] And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

I've heard people say that it's impossible to be completely holy, that everybody must be committing one sin, or that people change little by little. With Christ, change happens at once. He takes away all our spots and gives us His Spirit which stops us from committing sin. You can't be breaking one commandment in secret while praying and expecting answers from God.

If you want God to answer your prayers, do things that He likes. You can't be praying for forgiveness from sins and refuse to forgive your brother, sister or friend. You can't be praying for mercy and refuse to show mercy to your fellow man or woman. You can't be full of anger and malice and expect to receive answers from God. You can't be the leader of 'pepper dem gang' while waiting on God.

Matthew 21:21-22 KJV
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. [22] And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Pay attention to the word 'believe'. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Read the scriptures. That's how you'll build your faith. With faith, everything your mind can conceive is possible. In your moments of doubt, cry out to God for mercy and ask Him to help your unbelief. Earnestly ask for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

2)Possible Reasons for Unanswered Prayers.

Isaiah 59:1-7 KJV
Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: [2] But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. [3] For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness. [4] None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity. [5] They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper. [6] Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover themselves with their works: their works are works of iniquity, and the act of violence is in their hands. [7] Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths.

People steal money, defraud people, fornicate, do abortions, kill, worship and do sacrifices to demons, without knowing that there are consequences for these things. God doesn't hear these people. You must make sure you repent from your sins and become cleansed from all evil, pride and lusts of the flesh before you can receive from God.

The following factors can hinder our prayers:

-Ingratitude: Not being thankful for God's little mercies stops us from receiving more blessings. No matter how trivial you think the thing is, be thankful for it. Thank Him for allowing you to wake up everyday. He's giving you another chance to do His will.

- Idolatry: Covetousness is Idolatry. Never being satisfied with what you have. Anything you exalt above God is idol worship. God must be first in your life. You can't be pursuing money 24/7 and expect to receive answers to your prayers. Money is necessary for survival, but when it's the number one thing in your life, don't expect financial breakthroughs from God.

-Indolence: This is laziness. You don't read God's Word, you sleep in church, you don't pray, etc. A spiritually lazy person won't get answers from God.

-Insincerity: Not being open and truthful to people can hinder answers to our prayers. Are you keeping secrets from your significant others? Are you the kind of worker who lies to your customers so that they won't lose interest in patronising you? Change.

-Indiscipline: You need to do the things that are expected from you like paying your tithe, doing things in the open as opposed to secrecy, doing proper service in the house of God, etc. to receive answers from God.

-Ignorance: Search the scriptures and know what God expects from you. Don't be one of those baby Christians who rely only on their pastors for spiritual knowledge. Seek for knowledge. Read the bible. Read other spiritual books. Enlighten yourself.

3) The Power of Righteousness for Answered Prayers.

Genesis 18:19 KJV
For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord , to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Stand on God's Truth. Stand for what is right and wait for God to show up for you. God knew Abraham. Just sit for a minute and slot in your name instead. Do you know what it means for Almighty God to say He knows you? For Him to acknowledge you as one of His own who pleases Him? It's incredible.

Don't ignore this message my dear. Death can come at anytime. Be prepared.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make God Hear You by Ebonygeek(f): 2:56pm On Mar 24
When was the last time you prayed?
Re: How To Make God Hear You by Ebonygeek(f): 9:13pm On Mar 24
Learn how to pray and receive answers.
Re: How To Make God Hear You by FRANCISTOWN: 9:15pm On Mar 24
Ebonygeek:
Learn how to pray and receive answers.
It's simple. Go buy speaker come face am to heaven. That nigga be acting deaf
Re: How To Make God Hear You by Ebonygeek(f): 9:20pm On Mar 24
FRANCISTOWN:

It's simple. Go buy speaker come face am to heaven. That nigga be acting deaf
Imagine the arrogance and disrespect undecided
May God have mercy on your soul in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: How To Make God Hear You by FRANCISTOWN: 9:32pm On Mar 24
Ebonygeek:

Imagine the arrogance and disrespect undecided
May God have mercy on your soul in Jesus name, Amen.
Let him have mercy on the souls of those of you who are crying yourself to death before him because last I check. There is no evidence of any God in you guys' lives.

We've got zero regard for a non-existent being.
Re: How To Make God Hear You by Akposkiz: 5:56am On Mar 27
May God have mercy upon is children!

(1) (Reply)

E-money Promises To Look After The Wife And Kids Of Junior Pope / Question: What's Your Definition Of Love / Thread Till Dawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.