Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin (1051 Views)

Hillsong Worship Leader Denounces His Faith As Christian, Says Iā€™m Genuinely Los / What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? / What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 8:27pm On Mar 31
Aemmyjah:

There are many of God's people that did not benefit from what they wanted but God still loved them.
David prayed that the child he had from adultery should not die. He died
Moses prayed 3 Times that he entered the promised land. He did not
Paul prayed that his thorn in the flesh be removed. It did not
Jesus prayed that the cup be removed from him. It wasn't

Would you tell me that all the firstborn of Egypt that were struck in the last plague, some were not at infant level?

The question is not for me because I told you that there's a clear difference between individual judgement and general judgement. Those infants who died in Sodom and Gomorrah for example could still find their ways to paradise. They were just victims of God's judgement on a nation, not that they were guilty of any individual wrong doing.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Aemmyjah(m): 8:30pm On Mar 31
FxMasterz:

The question is not for me because I told you that there's a clear difference between individual judgement and general judgement. Those infants who died in Sodom and Gomorrah for example could still find their ways to paradise. They were just victims of God's judgement on a nation, not that they were guilty of any individual wrong doing.

Beautiful
Honestly, it's beautiful comment
Will they find their way without learning and putting faith in God?
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 8:34pm On Mar 31
Aemmyjah:

Beautiful
Honestly, it's beautiful comment
Will they find their way without learning and putting faith in God?

You know infants can't learn to the point of understanding or putting faith in God. It would be God's justice to have them excused.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by xproducer: 8:46pm On Mar 31
Obrigardo:
I cant wrap my head around this.
I don't believe this is Christianity. How can a Christian think this way?

What do you think?

++++++++++++++++++++

Since the fall / rebellion of humankind's first parents in Eden all human beings are born in sin / as sinners - "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me" - Psalm 51:5, and also "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned" - Romans 5:12 (Also Romans 5:14, 1 Corinthians 15:22)

There are, however, exceptions GOD makes... those who GOD saves in the womb (Psalm 139:13-18) - like:

1. The prophet Jeremiah - ā€œBefore I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.ā€ - Jeremiah 1:5

2. John the Baptist - "For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb" - Luke 1:15

Praise GOD for so great a salvation from sin and eternal death/separation from HIM... this found in the Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST!!!
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Aemmyjah(m): 9:04pm On Mar 31
FxMasterz:

You know infants can't learn to the point of understanding or putting faith in God. It would be God's justice to have them excused.

Only infants
Many who did bad only did it out of ignorance

Remember Jonah
He wanted God to destroy the Ninevites even after seeing them repent
God said though they were wicked, they were a great city THAT DID NOT KNOW LEFT FROM RIGHT
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 9:11pm On Mar 31
Aemmyjah:

Only infants
Many who did bad only did it out of ignorance

Remember Jonah
He wanted God to destroy the Ninevites even after seeing them repent
God said though they were wicked, they were a great city THAT DID NOT KNOW LEFT FROM RIGHT

From what Paul said in Romans 1 regarding God's natural laws written in our hearts, it is clear that God would judge everyone from that 'Law' even if they're never heard about Gpd before in their lives.

So, while infants may be generally excused, adults who lived well in accordance the 'natural law's would not be individually condemned. They were all just victims of God's general judgement on the nation.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Aemmyjah(m): 9:19pm On Mar 31
FxMasterz:

From what Paul said in Romans 1 regarding God's natural laws written in our hearts, it is clear that God would judge everyone from that 'Law' even if they're never heard about Gpd before in their lives.

So, while infants may be generally excused, adults who lived well in accordance the 'natural law's would not be individually condemned. They were all just victims of God's general judgement on the nation.

What is natural law?
Does natural law tell you to exercise faith in God's son, Jesus Christ?
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 9:50pm On Mar 31
Aemmyjah:

What is natural law?
Does natural law tell you to exercise faith in God's son, Jesus Christ?

Natural law is the human conscience. It does tell you about faith in Christ but if you lived ever before Christ came to the world, or you lived in a disadvantaged place where you were unable to hear about Christ and God's gift of salvation, you would be judged by that natural law, according to the scriptures.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Aemmyjah(m): 10:19pm On Mar 31
FxMasterz:

Natural law is the human conscience. It does tell you about faith in Christ but if you lived ever before Christ came to the world, or you lived in a disadvantaged place where you were unable to hear about Christ and God's gift of salvation, you would be judged by that natural law, according to the scriptures.

Someone born and raised in Afghan or Somalia and never read or seen a Bible but he's conscientious. How will his conscience tell him God has a son that he must put faith in?
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 10:31pm On Mar 31
Aemmyjah:

Someone born and raised in Afghan or Somalia and never read or seen a Bible but he's conscientious. How will his conscience tell him God has a son that he must put faith in?

According to the scriptures, he wouldn't be just by the standard of knowing whether God has a Son he must put faith in or not. Rather, he'll be judged by the actions he carried out in relation to his conscience. If he did something his conscience restricted him from, he'll be guilty. If he avoided that thing for conscience sake, he'll be justified. That's the position of scripture.

Romans 2:12-16

"For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel"

1 John 3:21
"Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God."
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Aemmyjah(m): 10:40pm On Mar 31
FxMasterz:

According to the scriptures, he wouldn't be just by the standard of knowing whether God has a Son he must put faith in or not. Rather, he'll be judged by the actions he carried out in relation to his conscience. If he did something his conscience restricted him from, he'll be guilty. If he avoided that thing for conscience sake, he'll be justified. That's the position of scripture.

Romans 2:12-16

"For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel"

1 John 3:21
"Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God."

God's judgment has both good and bad
Salvation and destruction
One must exercise faith in God and Christ to be saved

Will God bypass that requirement?
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 10:56pm On Mar 31
Aemmyjah:

God's judgment has both good and bad
Salvation and destruction
One must exercise faith in God and Christ to be saved

Will God bypass that requirement?

He'll bypass that requirement only for those who never had the opportunity to hear about Christ. He wouldn't bypass that requirement for those who rejected the opportunity to hear about Christ, and those who heard about Christ but still rejected Christ.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Aemmyjah(m): 10:57pm On Mar 31
FxMasterz:

He'll bypass that requirement only for those who never had the opportunity to hear about Christ. He wouldn't bypass that requirement for those who rejected the opportunity to hear about Christ, and those who heard about Christ but still rejected Christ.

What about those that hear but did not have ample time to make up their mind or fully repent of their ways cos struggle with sin and later death?
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 11:16pm On Mar 31
Aemmyjah:

What about those that hear but did not have ample time to make up their mind or fully repent of their ways cos struggle with sin and later death?

There's something really interesting about God.

1. No matter how much a person rejects Jesus, if he repents just a few seconds before dying, you'll be saved. Example, the malefactor on Jesus' right hand on the cross. He rejected Jesus all the while he was robbing the country but accepted him just before he died on the cross. Jesus promised him paradise.

2. This might be open to debate but this is what I found in Scripture - No matter how much a person rejects Christ, if a Believer prays for him/her just before he dies, he might still obtain mercy. This is what the scriptures say concerning the sick:

James 5:15

"And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him."

I believe the scripture above applies to those in a state of coma, or those who became brain dead, or have fainted just before they gave up the ghost. This is my personal inference drawn from that scripture. I have not seen it anywhere being upheld as a Christian doctrine.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Veecruz: 1:03am On Apr 01
FxMasterz:

So, even an slowpoke too? How do you practice your own law? Besides, man can peg an age to judge individuals, does that mean that God would use same yardstick as men? What's difficult for you to understand in these things?

See it. You have no answer but to insult now that i have reminded you that nearly all the children you call slow grow and even graduate together with their supposed fast and faster mates.
As i said, you do not have any valid thing to say
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Aemmyjah(m): 5:55am On Apr 01
FxMasterz:

I believe the scripture above applies to those in a state of coma, or those who became brain dead, or have fainted just before they gave up the ghost. This is my personal inference drawn from that scripture. I have not seen it anywhere being upheld as a Christian doctrine.

NONSENSE
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 7:14am On Apr 04
Veecruz:

See it. You have no answer but to insult now that i have reminded you that nearly all the children you call slow grow and even graduate together with their supposed fast and faster mates.
As i said, you do not have any valid thing to say

In what way have I insulted you?

You shot yourself in the leg with this lie.

Have you been to a school for the mentally retarded before? They're called Special schools for a reason. There, you'll see 20yr olds in primary 2. Many of the students in the primary section are older than their teachers. Some of them don't even know 10 + 5, and they still bedwet at 20. Why do you like using lies to defend yourself?

People develop differently and God deals with people as individuals. He'll also judge them as individuals. God wouldn't judge you and I according to the expectations He has of us. Our ages of accountability might not be the same. "To whom much is given, much is required." If God has given you much intellectual capacity at 5yrs, He would not judge you the same way as a 10yr old who is mentally retarded.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Veecruz: 1:08pm On Apr 04
FxMasterz:

In what way have I insulted you?

You shot yourself in the leg with this lie.

Have you been to a school for the mentally retarded before? They're called Special schools for a reason. ..

See how you are lie by changing the argument
Where you not arguing on normal people and not on mental retards? See your words,
FxMasterz:

...You did not know that even among normal people, cognitive and intellectual capabilities still vary?

Now you.have deceitfully changed it to mentally retarded.

As i said, you do not have any valid thing to say and you hate being corrected because you know everything because you are the best and expert in biblelogy.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 2:49pm On Apr 04
Veecruz:

See how you are lie by changing the argument
Where you not arguing on normal people and not on mental retards? See your words,
Is God judging only norma people? Is it not the same God that would judge both the retards and the normal? Are the retards not humans?

The retards are just used as an example. You were the one who said mentally slow people graduate same time as their other counterparts. Is that not a lie? Or you don't know what it means for someone to be mentally slow? I've given an example of how mentally slow people behave at school. Even amongst the mentally slow, there are degrees. God still won't judge mentally slow people equally. What's hard for you understand in this? Everyone has understood the point I'm making except you. Why making unnecessary arguments? Do you expect God to make everyone accountable at the age of 7 simply because you said so? Or because 'you dad's nature said so? I'm showing you clearly that your position is very unbalanced.

[quote [Now you.have deceitfully changed it to mentally retarded.[/quote]
It means you lack the understanding of what we're discussing here. Were you not the one who said mentally slow people graduate in school same time as their normal colleagues? I gave you explanation to show you that you're wrong, you termed my explanation deceit. You are the one who deceitfully said mentally slow people graduate same time as normal people in school.

As i said, you do not have any valid thing to say and you hate being corrected because you know everything because you are the best and expert in biblelogy.

I think it's better you go and learn about a topic deeply before you come to argue about it. This is my second time of engaging you on this platform, and my experience so far is that you.put contribution into topics you don't understand. And most cases, it takes you so long to even understand what is being discussed.

You'll be the one to make a weak point, when you're exposed, you cry deceit. I'll say one thing, you'll allege something else? You'll never say anything based on Scripture, just your own worlds, and expect everyone to see you as someone higher than God, and take your words against God's Word. I stand in awe of you.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Veecruz: 6:53pm On Apr 04
FxMasterz:

Is God judging only norma people? Is it not the same God that would judge both the retards and the normal? Are the retards not humans?

When you are talking here do you remember mentally retarded people? Even at that when you raised it did we not address it, saying

FxMasterz:

[b]Even in the court of law, an imbecilic individual or a mad man is not judged the same way as someone who is in his right mind. [/b]Even a full blown adult suffering from dementia is given s great deal of excuses in court. How much more God, the Only Wise?

Veecruz
Why do you not read and assimilate before you speak?

Did i not say "Meaning, that when a person is seen and known to be slow in understanding and fails to understand that he has done a wrong, no just and fair Court will ever convict him"

I am a lawyer, so i know all these more than you.

And that was i answered you that i am a lawyer for i know all the just Laws that must be strictly complied with before a not-sane person (that is what we call your mentally retarded persons in Law) can be properly and rightly convicted of a wrong doing, which is why i have since been saying that you have no valid thing to say but you hate being corrected because you know everything and you are the best and expert in biblelogy.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 7:53pm On Apr 04
[quote author=Veecruz post=129269504]

When you are talking here do you remember mentally retarded people? Even at that when you raised it did we not address it, saying
Yes, I remembered all classes of people, that's why I said people develop at different paces, so age of accountability cannot be uniform for all. God knows at what stage He should hold each person accountable for his/her actions.

And that was i answered you that i am a lawyer for i know all the just Laws that must be strictly complied with before a not-sane person (that is what we call your mentally retarded persons in Law) can be properly and rightly convicted of a wrong doing, which is why i have since been saying that you have no valid thing to say but you hate being corrected because you know everything and you are the best and expert in biblelogy.

You hate being corrected my brother. We're not talking about human laws here. God does not have the same limitations as man. Man can err in judgement, even holding someone accountable when such an individual is not. You really are arrogant to be telling me I hate being corrected. You have no reasonable point, yet you want me to embrace your unscriptural and unrelatable positions. If I'll change a position, won't you convince me? You've never had any valid point except to be talking proudly as though everyone must listen to you.

Who are you in the first place that you think you're the one to correct others?

I have shown you from scriptures that God does not have a specific age of accountability because people develop differently. Period. Every sane person knows that people develop differently. That should tell you why God doesn't have a general age for everyone.

God's accountability mantra is hinged on "To whom much is given, much is required." Do you still want me to do a whole biblical exegesis on this too? It would be a great mistake for you to think that since you're a lawyer, you can talk anything about how God makes His decisions. You even went as far as saying the age of accountability with God is 7. When you were asked for scripture proof, you went on saying,"Nature says so". Which Christian talks like that! You even said 'God is nature and nature is God.' Abominable Heresy!!! Are you sure you're a believer in Christ Jesus? Do you really have the Spirit of God dwelling in you? Or you're just a mere religionist?

A mentally retarded person can surely be convicted. Who says they can't? Who says God won't convict even the mentally retarded? We're talking about the age or stage of accountability here. How does that relate to :

"for i know all the just Laws that must be strictly complied with before a not-sane person (that is what we call your mentally retarded persons in Law) can be properly and rightly convicted of a wrong doing, "

We're not talking about people being convicted or not being convicted, for God's sake! We're talking about age or stage of accountability.

And my position is further strengthened by your post which I quoted above. Even according to you, there are some just laws that must be strictly complied with in order to properly convict not sane persons. This your statement shows that even man does not treat this particular set of people the same way they treat normal people. This obviously is due to their developmental deficiency, and generally, people are different. Both normal and not sane people have different levels of development. Normal people are not the same. Not sane people too are not same. Even in those subgroups, there are different levels of development.

What you have failed to see is that, though the deficiency is more pronounced in mentally retarded people, it is in different levels with all people. Man can't measure it in individuals but God who created man knows at what stage each individual becomes accountable to Him.

While some people may become accountable at 5, some others at 6, some others at 7, some others at 8, some might even become accountable at 20. God knows each and every human being, and would therefore judge every individual according to the capacity that God has given unto him. Not on any age stipulated by you or your 'god' whom you call nature.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Veecruz: 8:19pm On Apr 04
FxMasterz:

Yes, I remembered all classes of people, that's why I said people develop at different paces, so age of accountability cannot be uniform for all. God knows at what stage He should hold each person accountable for his/her actions.

Lying yet again for this statement came up because of i was addressing normal people when you said

FxMasterz:
Does that not justify my saying that people develop at different paces and therefore cannot be treated the same way....

Which i answered
Veecruz
Have you seen this heavy scrutiny happen to a child below 5?

But by 7 every normal person.is already a subject of inquisition and scrutiny for their action as proven by the fact that most children with still grew through nursery and primary school together with their age mates despite the different cognitive abilities. So there is nothing.separating anyone from lyability based on cognitive difference.

As i said, you do not have any valid thing to say..

You are just repeating yourself in your bid to redeem yourself and you dont have valid thing to say.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 8:41pm On Apr 04
[quote author=Veecruz post=129270771]

Lying yet again for this statement came up because of i was addressing normal people when you said
The question you responded to, did it ask you only about normal people? You didn't see the deficiency in your answer? What are you still arguing about? Arguing against me because I covered all classes of people while your answer limited God's accountability requirements to normal people alone'?

Which i answered
Veecruz
Have you seen this heavy scrutiny happen to a child below 5?
My friend, are we talking about God or man? What's your understanding of the term "accountability with God"? What sort of question is this you're asking. How does it correlate?

But by 7 every normal person.is already a subject of inquisition and scrutiny for their action as proven by the fact that most children with still grew through nursery and primary school together with their age mates despite the different cognitive abilities. So there is nothing.separating anyone from lyability based on cognitive difference.
My friend you're still repeating the same fallacies you've been repeating ever since. Are we talking about God or man. You're saying by '7'. Who told you that there are no persons who become accountable with God before 7 or after 7? Is God a man?

Did Jeremiah not become a prophet at 4? Did Josiah not become a king at 6? I don't understand the basis of your arguments. I suppose to ignore you but I'm still answering you only because I see pride in you, and I see ignoring you may send you the wrong message.

Maybe you don't understand what "accountability" is biblically. Let me help you.

It is impossible to cover all factors that God looks at to see someone as bring accountable for his actions but for a clearer understanding, accountability is the stage you reach when you become aware of yourself, your environment and the existence of rights and wrongs, good and evil.

This awareness does not happen at the same time or age for every human. Even though I used mentally retarded people as an example, the focus is not really on cognitive abilities but on AWARENESS. However, awareness is also helped by cognition, and that's why I used the mentally retarded to provide you a glimpse but it seems you didn't get it still.

As i said, you do not have any valid thing to say..

You are just repeating yourself in your bid to redeem yourself and you dont have valid thing to say.

Repeating this statement aimlessly only shows that you're impervious to external ideas. I've shown you through scriptures why my position can be seen as valid. We're discussing God here, not humans. God's age or stage of accountability. Not human's age or stage of accountability. If you don't have any basic understanding of who God is and how He operates, please desist from commenting on posts like this. Otherwise, you'll fall into many errors, such as the heresies we have caught you with.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by Veecruz: 9:45pm On Apr 04
FxMasterz:

The question you responded to, did it ask you only about normal people?

The question has allready answered you and it did not ask about mentally retarded 4 year olds. So, you don't have anything to say.
Re: Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin by FxMasterz: 10:26pm On Apr 04
Veecruz:

The question has allready answered you and it did ask about mentally retarded 4 year olds. So, you don't have anything to say.

Myopic!

The Mentally retarded were referenced to let you come to the realization that indeed humans develop at different stages and that individual age of awareness is not uniform. They were not treated as an isolated case. It was a sample to make you see the error in your generalization.

While others immediately understood what I said, you still have need of more and more explanations until I even have to use the mentally retarded to drive the point, yet you still failed to grasp. Or are you just pretending?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mr. Deity And The Evil / Great Bible Study: Bible Stories Your Parents Never Taught You: / Is God Not Angry With The Sinner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.